An Unexpected Guest

The Unexpected Encounter:Me And My Annoying Brother

“Kris, you have to come by 9 o’clock tomorrow. Don’t be late. We have to shoot the last scene again. And-”  I hung up even without bothering what that man had to tell me.        

 “Ah I’m tired” I threw his phone to the couch and jumped onto my bed with my face hugging the mattress. Then, after some time, I heard my phone ringing again. This thing. I hate it. If it wasn’t for my career, I would have dumped this thing into the Bermuda Triangle by now. I got up lazily and walked towards the couch. I took the phone and sat on the couch.

“Yoboseyo”  It was my manager, Chen.

“Kris, don’t be so careless and thoughtless. Hanging up when your director is talking to you is just risking your career. You should behave properly or otherwise-” I hung up again. You tell this every day and I hang up every day. It’s just an everyday occurrence. I stood up and walked out of the room. As I got to down stairs, I felt a little hungry. So I went into the kitchen.

 “After this movie, I’m gonna go to an uninhabited area and get away from this annoying people, telling me what to do.” I told myself as I put a spoonful of Yogurt into my mouth. Ah it’s raining. I just realized looking through the glass window. And it’s raining hard. At that moment I heard the door bell ringing. “And a house without a door bell would be better”. I walked to the main door and opened it. I was stunned. A boy, showered with rain, shivering in coldness stood in front of me. I was surprised that he was still standing. I would have fallen dead somewhere, if it was me.

 “Who are you?” I asked before even getting him inside the house. The boy was trying to get the words out, I guess. “I-I’m” he started to tremble. Just then he fell onto me more like a dead corpse, making me fall down as well. To be honest, I did wonder whether he was dead. But obviously, he was still alive. I pushed him away and got up quickly. I kept looking at him for some time. Thoughts went rushing in my mind.

Who is he?

What does he want?

Why did he come here?

And like this!

He should have wanted to come here so badly. That’s why he came even when it’s raining like this.

Or maybe he’s a criminal and he came to murder me~~

No way! Look at his face. He’s young and if he wanted to kill me why would he ring the bell?~~~

Yay!Idiot! Maybe he was just passing by and he needed some shelter.

 I bent down to take a closer look at the stranger. Hmm. What am I gonna do with you now? I didn’t know what to do at that moment. So I just closed the door and carried the boy into the guest’s room. As I laid him on the bed, he murmured. “Omma” I was confused but caring about such things wasn’t my style. So I put a blanket on him and walked out of the room. The sudden thunder reminded me of something. But still he is in his wet clothes. Will he be fine with that? Ah..I walked back to the room and removed his wet shirt and jacket and replaced those with some of my clothes. And before walking out again I wiped his hair so he won’t catch a cold. All this time he never noticed anything. He just kept enjoying his slumber. Must be tired. I thought and walked out the door and shut it.

 

What was it just now?

Did I just care about someone?

I thought I’m heartless though

 

 I was a little surprised by my own behavior. But since I felt tired, I got into my room and went to sleep. Today was tiring.

 

 

The ringing of my phone woke me up in the morning. I answered it without even opening my eyes.

“Yoboseyo”

“Kris, you have to be there at 9. Hurry up and get ready. It’s 8 o’clo-” CUT~~~

“Get ready is enough” I got up from bed and got ready. After eating my breakfast I went to the location where the movie was being filmed. The movie, in my opinion, was ridiculous. It was about a rich guy falling for a poor girl. It’s becoming a trend now. I, myself, never believed in love and sacrifice. Despite who I really was, I was the main character of the movie. It gave me this idea that, anyone can become anyone. Acting sure was something that anyone can do. And something that everyone did and will always be doing. Though I was an actor, I never acted in real life. I never showed feelings that I never had. People called me heartless. But I was just being true to myself. I have to admit that it’s easier to live when you have less people around you. And I was a lot addicted to that easiness.

 “You look good in any costume” my make-up artist, Mrs.Choi, greeted me as I entered the makeup room.

“Well that’s me” I said as I sat down on one of the chairs.

“So today, what are we gonna do with you?” She asked rubbing my shoulders.

“How am I supposed to know? Aren’t you the makeup artist?” I made myself comfortable in the chair.

“You have no manners at all” she complained, hitting a little hard on the top of my head.

“How come telling the truth is not a manner?” I asked turning my head to the side to look at the lady.

“It’s not telling the truth. It’s how you tell it, idiot” she hit me again.

“Whatever” I closed my eyes as she started putting makeup on.

        Mrs. Choi, though I always argued with her, was the only one who could bear up with my attitude. She tried her best to make me a better citizen. But what to do with someone as stubborn as me?

“Do you remember that girl?” she asked while putting makeup on my face.

“What girl?” I uttered without even thinking.

 “You know who I mean” she hit me on the head again.

“Ouch”of course I knew.

 “She’s leaving next Monday. You have a week to think about it”

         I don’t know why, but those words quite made me speechless at that moment. After all this time, why am I feeling like this now? She’s leaving. She’s just leaving. What’s more to that? But somewhere inside me refused to accept the fact that she’s leaving. This is troublesome…

          As soon as the filming finished, I hurried myself back home. I opened the door and entered my house and was completely dumbfounded. The kitchen was a mess and living room was much of a disaster. It looked as if a tornado just came in. I power walked to my bed room. Aish~~ what the hell is going on? My bedroom was no different than the living room. Who did this? Just at that moment, aboy with a knife in his hand, jumped in front of me. I was more than frightened. That was the boy from last night. So he really is a murderer! My heart started beating faster. It felt like the last day of my life. I totally forgot about this brat. I should have thrown this boy out of my house when I had the time. Now what should I do?

“Why are you keeping me in this house? What do you want? Is it money? Is that why you kidnapped me? Sorry, I don’t have any.” The boy spoke with his knife pointing at me. What the~~

“Kidnap? You? Ya, you are the one who came to my house last night. Do you think I have nothing else to do than kidnapping you? I’m an actor, you idiot, I have a lot of money. I don’t need your damn money!” I yelled at him and pulled the knife out of his hands. He looked a little confused that he kept looking at me. After thinking to himself, his eyes widened as if he remembered something.

“What?” I was annoyed.

“So this is my father’s house?” the boy shouted in excitement.

“WHAT?!! Ya, I had enough with you. Get your out of my house” I dragged him out of my room and down the stairs.

“No!” He protested, holding onto the handrail of the stair-case. “I’m not leaving until I meet my father” I tried my best to make himself let go of the handrail, but he was like glued to it and he even bit my hand.

“Ya, what are you doing?” I pulled my hand away from him and rubbed it. I could see the marks of his teeth. “Ya, this is my house. Get out before I call the police” I warned as everything I did turned out being useless.

 “This is my house too” the boy shouted in protest, leaving me dumbfounded again.