Chapter 2: This Is Awkward

All We Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 All the shopping bags Jessica and Krystal bought are safe inside the car's trunk. But this is only the beginning of my usual weekly horror. The girls disappeared again into the crowd of people to go the places they deem worthy to spend their money on. Which means, the entire Myeondong won't miss getting visited by these two sisters. Me on the other is back to before, walking aimlessly while waiting for either a call or text from them to help them out with the shopping bags. I would probably stop for a few snacks like tteokbokki or fish cakes before continuing around on my own. I was litterally wondering around until I remembered something, I always wanted to buy a fedora. Zara happens to be right in front of me, so I don't see why not. 

 

 After looking around, I finally find the one I like. A black fedora with dark blue outlines. After buying it, I went outside to continue my directionless wondering cause I seriously don't know what else to buy. If I'm in an autoshop or a gadget store, I'll be going GAGA for it. I don't seem to find one here or I just don't know where. I was walking when my phone rings. It's my baby sister, Seohyun.

 

 "Hello lil one!" I teased as I picked up the phone.

 

 "Oppa! Don't call me that again," She whined cutely to me.

 

 "Haha.. Ara!" I gave in, "So what's up?"

 

 "Oppa, is Jessica eonnie with you?" Seohyun asked me.

 

 "Umm.. We're at Myeondong, but I don't know where she is at the moment," I said to her with slight annoyance, "Do you want me to ask her something?"

 

 "Ne, can you tell her to call me later?" Seohyun replied, "I want to ask for her help to pick a dress for my prom. I don't really know which one to pick."

 

 "Why didn't you call her yourself?" I asked her.

 

 "She didn't pick up the phone, oppa," Seohyun whined, "Can you please ask her, oppa?"

 

 "Aight! Anything for my lil sis!" I answered.

 

 "Yay! Gumawo-yo oppa!" Seohyun squeled, "Annyeong!!"

 

 "Yay for me too! haha.. Annyeong sis!" I replied before hanging up.

 

 I love to baby my younger sister at times. She can be really cute when she acts all strict and disciplined. Though when she's about something, trying to argue her out of it would be a waste. She takr that side from mom's. Anyway about Jessica not answering her phone is because she sometimes left her phone on silent that she forgot about it. Sometimes I needed to call Krystal first if she doesn't pick up her phone, but that still depends if Jessica is with Krystal or not. One time it nearly cause world war 3 with our clients when she was late, and can't be phoned. We still weasled our way out of it though because of her brilliant presentation. I just stood at the back of the meeting room shaking my head.

 

 Now here comes the continuous time of

 

 "Eddie?" That voice, and I froze on the spot, "Eddie? Is that you?"

 

 I haven't heard that voice in a very long time. Last I heard her voice was when we broke up before our graduation in highschool. Yes this voice's a her, and one I never thought would hear again. Yes again, she's my ex. And here right now, I turned around slowly hoping it's just me hearing things.

 

 "A?" I managed to utter as I turned to really face her.

 

 "It is you!" The girl moved towards me, and hugged me. Very much to my surprise. 

 

 I am stunned beyond words at this encounter. It took a few seconds before snapping back to reality, and my hands moved on it's on. I hugged her back.

 

 

 What am I doing?

 

 

------------------------------------------------

 

 9 Years Ago

 

 

 We were both sitting under our favorite tree behind the school garden right after our classes. Our graduation is just two days away, and I couldn't be more thrilled. I'm hugging her, and she's hugging my waist as we both sit below the tree. We always hang out here when we finished our lessons, and this is also the same tree that witnessed my confession of love her. The same tree where she agreed to be my girlfriend. We've been dating each other since 10th grade, and today is our two year anniversary. I have something special prepared for her.

 

 "Sweetie?" I looked down, and called her.

 

 "Hmmm?" She responded.

 

 "Wanna come over to my house later?" I asked her, "I got something special to show you. Will you come?"

 

 But as I asked, she didn't respond at all. I called her name, but suddenly I fell something warm and wet on my chest.

 

 Is she crying?

 

 Suddenly she lets go of my waist, and stood up. She is crying. I stood up as well.

 

 "A?" I asked her as she turned her back to me, "A, what's wrong?"

 

 She still has her back to me, and responded not. I put both my hands on her shoulders, and I felt her trembling. I tried to back hug, but she moved forward, refusing me.

 

 "Ailee? Hey..." I'm really starting to get worried, "Ailee, talk to me. Sweetheart, what's wrong?"

 

 "Let's call it quits here," She stated without even turning around. My whole world crumbled down on me.

 

 "What are you talking about?" I asked her in shock, "A, what did I do wrong?"

 

 "We're not working out anymore," She again said with her back to me.

 

 "What?! A?!" I exclaimed as tears threatened to fall because I'm getting scared, "What did I do wrong, A?! Tell me. Please don't say that."

 

 "I'm going to California," She still has her back to, but judging from her voice, she is crying.

 

 "What? Why?" I asked, and this time tears are falling out.

 

 "I got into modeling, and also got accepted into the university there," She explained, "I finally got my chance to pursue my dream!"

 

 "So you're just gonna leave our relationship like that?" I asked this time is shocked disappointment, "Why didn't you tell me, A?! What am I to you?!"

 

 "I want to focus on my dream right now," She then said, "A long distance relationship or even trying to keep this relationship wouldn't work out."

 

 "I thought you loved me, A!" I exclaimed feeling pain in my heart. This time she turns around, and her eyes are swollen.

 

 "Let me go, Eddie," She said, "I don't want to keep this relationship if we're both going to get hurt through this. You have your dream, and I have mine. This is my chance, please let me take it."

 

 "Why can't we try to work this out, A?" I asked almost pleading.

 

 "Eddie, do you think doing a LDR will work out for both of us?" She looks at me with her swollen eyes, "How can you guarantee that both of us won't get hurt in the process?"

 

 "I'll try to work it out," I said, "We'll try to work it out together, A."

 

 "No, Eddie. I do love you so much!" She said, "But I don't want you hurt because of me through this. It's better for us to let this go before we both end up hurting each other. Please, don't make this harder than it already is for me."

 

 I looked into her eyes, and I can see that she is serious with her every word. I would be selfish if I force her to do a long distance relationship. I gotta admit it will be hard for both of us, and this will also affect her later in the near future if we do keep this up. Though it is painful to admit, she is right. She has her dream, and I can't be the one forcing her to stay. 

 

 "A, take care of yourself," I finally said as I looked into her eyes with tearful eyes. I am willing to sacrifice this for her to be happy.

 

 "If this is makes you happy, I will do what you ask," I said as I looked into her eyes. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter