Chapter 4: Forgiveness

All We Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 "Oh man!" My mind was going crazy as Jessica and Krystal coming towards us both, leaving Sooyoung and Yoona confused in their seats.

 

 As she reaches us, she was fuming with anger. Ailee on the other hand was happy and smiling that she sees them both. Yet her expression changed when she noticed their killer glares at her. Jessica approached Ailee, and I don't think this will be a good one. I immediately stood in front of Ailee, standing between Jessica and her target.

 

 "What do you think you're doing?" Jessica glared at me, "Move! I need to give her a piece of my mind!"

 

 "Oppa, move away," Krystal added.

 

 I grab both their wrist, and dragged them away from my table and Ailee's. I brought them to the corner of the restaurant. Both the Jungs yanked their wrists of me, and turned around. I grabbed them again.

 

 "What are you doing, Eddie?!" Jessica exclaimed.

 

 "Let us go oppa!" Krystal joined in.

 

 "No, you're not gonna talk to her like this," I told them both, "You're both angry, and trust me, nothing's gonna go right when you talk in this state. You'll be embarrassing her and yourselves."

 

 "Are you defending her, Eddie?!" Jessica glared at me as let their wrists go.

 

 "No, I'm not ok," I said to her, "I'm sure you want a lot of explanations from her, but not like this Jess."

 

 "Why are you hanging out with her?!" Jessica exclaimed, "Let me remind you! She's the girl who dumped you!"

 

 "Jess! Keep your voice down!" I exclaimed back, "You think I don't remember that?!"

 

 "Then why are you eating lunch with her?!" Jessica said again.

 

 "I can have lunch with anyone, Jessica Jung!" This time I raised my voice a little, "And for me, I'm willing to at least give us a chance to be on good terms."

 

 "Good terms?!" Jessica scoffed, "You think she deserved it after what she did to you?! What she did to Krystal and I?!"

 

 "Everyone deserved a second chance Jess!" I said to her, "I am willing to give her that, but not for us to be back as a couple. For us just to be friends. Will you just listen? Give her a chance to listen!"

 

 "She doesn't deserve it, Eddie!" Jessica is fuming, "She left us without any words, and dumped you! Why do you still even talk to her?!"

 

 "Because I grew up Jess! I don't act like some baby! I don't act like a coward, like you!" I exclaimed. The next thing surprised me. Jessica slapped me on the face.

 

 "Eonnie!" Krystal was shocked at the scene in front of her. I am definitely shocked. All the years of our friendship, this is the first time ever for Jessica to ever slapped me. Jessica seemed shocked as well. Me on the other hand, I'm hurt, disappointed, and embarrased as the whole restaurant's attention averted to me.

 

 "Eddie, I'm so..." Jessica was about to say something, but I interrupted.

 

 "You know what's funny?" I asked her, "I have two best friends who stood me up for the past two weeks to hang out with their friends, yet I'm the one getting judged on who I should hang out with, scolded, and slapped in the face for talking with someone in barely two hours."

 

 "Oppa.." Krystal was about to say something, but I interrupted. I raised my hand to stop her.

 

 "Your sister made her point," I said that before leaving them as I go towards Ailee.

 

 "Eddie? Are you ok?" Ailee stood up as she examined my red cheek.

 

 "I'm fine," I smiled at her, "Let's go, I'll take you to where you're gonna go next."

 

 I took her hand as we paid for the food, and exited the restaurant. Leaving the sisters inside. We both entered my car, and went away from the restaurant.

 

 "So? Where to?" I asked Ailee.

 

 "My boutique," Aile answered.

 

 "Cool! Hehe.. Means I can see your store!" I smiled at her with a slight pain on my cheek.

 

 "It was because of me wasn't it?" Ailee voiced out.

 

 "What do you mean?" I asked her back while keeping my eyes on the road.

 

 "C'mon, Eddie, I saw how they looked at me earlier," Ailee said, "Why did you defend me? When you know I deserved what's gonna come."

 

 "No, that's where you're wrong," I stated, "Jessica and Krystal should talk to you with a cooler head, not fuming in anger like that. If I have let that happened, both sides will suffer loss. We are adults, and we should settle it as such, not letting our rage to get the better of us. Besides, I know you have your own reasons to tell them. In the meantime, you should just wait."

 

 "Thank you, Eddie," Ailee gave me a smile.

 

 "You're welcome," I smiled back, "A? Can we talk about something else now? hehe..."

 

 "S... Sure," Ailee hesitated, "What do you have in mind?"

 

 "Ummm.. Like first, where's your Boutique located? haha.." I asked her while laughing, "And would you like to have lunch with me again tomorrow?"

 

 "Oh.. Right haha.." She laughed, "And tomorrow would be nice."

 

 Seeing her laugh kinda puts me off from what happened earlier at the restaurant. Honestly, I feel hurt for what Jessica did. Never once in my life has she ever did that to me until now. I am pissed, embarassed, and emotional right now. *sigh* Whatever... She can do whatever she wants.

 

 We arrived at Ailee's boutique, and I gotta say I'm impressed. The place looks great, and eye catching. Unique, classic, and chic designs surrounded the store. Ailee has definitely come a long way. She is actually world famous now though as an International Model. You wouldn't go around the world without seeing her on giant billboards, fashion magazines, or any fashion related topics. She has definitely come a long way. 

 

 Ailee showed me around her boutique, and it was awesome. The place is customer friendly. After looking around for quite a while, an idea popped into my head.

 

 "A? How about I sponsor your Clothing Line?" I said to her as we're about to walk out of the store.

 

 "Huh? You'd do that?" Ailee was surprised of course.

 

 "Sure! Your designs are just impressive so I don't see why not! hehe.." I smiled widely at her.

 

 She hugged me all of a sudden, and a bit too strong that I almost lose my balance. I gave a little chuckle as I returned the hug.

 

 "Sorry, I'm just so happy hearing that you'd do that," Ailee gave me a smile as she pulled away.

 

 "No problem! haha.." I smiled back at her, and took a look at my watch, "And I gotta go because I got things to do back at the company. Byee.."

 

 "Eddie?" Ailee called me before I went out.

 

 "Yeah?" I lookes at her.

 

 "Thank you so much," Ailee smiled again, "You don't know how much this means to me."

 

 "Actually the reason why I want to sponsor is because I know exactly how much it means to you," I smiled one last time before going out.

 

 On my way to my office, I couldn't help but rub the cheek I was slapped on. It feels a little sore, and a red mark is on it. Jessica slapped me quite hard there, but my heart hurts even more. The fact that my own best friend slapped me in front of public is just too humiliating.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 It's been two weeks since that incident in the restaurant, and I still haven't talked to any of the sisters. I'm still mad and hurt from that incident. Though Jessica and Krystal tried to call me a couple of times or try coming to my apartment, I always refused to meet them. I deleted any messages from them before reading it.

 

 Other than bad side, on the bright side, Ailee and I become closer as friends. Our tensions and awkwardness around each other have definitely broken down. She visits my office to talk about her store, and also giving her ideas on it. We would have lunches together. All in all, our relationship jas gotten better over the week. Ailee would also ask about how are things with the sisters, but I've always shrugged it off. I don't like talking about it.

 

 Now, we're having our usual lunch together. We are conversing and joking around as we eat. I'm glad our friendship has turned out for the good. This time, I felt more comfortable around you, just when we were all friends back then. Close? Yes, we are both getting there, but hoping to go more than that, no. At least, I don't know for now.

 

 "Eddie?" Ailee called me out as we wait for our deserts.

 

 "Yeahhhhh?" I said jokingly.

 

 "Have you talked to them yet?" Ailee mentioned it again.

 

 "What did you order?" I tried to divert the conversation away.

 

 "Don't change the subject, Eddie," Ailee insisted, "Answer me.. Have you?"

 

 "No, I haven't," I gave in, and told her.

 

 "Eddie, how long are you gonna do this?" Ailee asked me, "They're your best friends as much you are to them. Are you seriously doing this? Because last time I checked, best friends will try to settle things no matter how crazy it could. You told me that we're adults, and should've faced problems as such. Yet, you're acting rather the opposite, Eddie. Now tell me what really happened till she slapped you? And don't change try to change the subject again."

 

 After hearing to what Ailee has to say, she's right. At the same time because I feel embarrassed that I'm eating away my own words. Fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter