Chapter 11: Jess and I

All We Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         

        For as long as I can remember, Jess has been the closest and most trusted person in my life besides my family. We went through everything together, thick and thin, she got my back as much as I much as I got hers. Even after Krystal was born, the both of us still stayed close. I cherished and cared for her just as much as she cares about me. When we were old enough to babysit, we started taking turns in babysitting our own lil siblings. It would start with Seohyun then ends with Krystal or vise versa. So much fun and quite tiring cause we had to keep running around the house just to take care of these two lil siblings of ours. We are so close that we have such a chemistry going on. In almost any situation, one look towards each other and we both know what to do. Even now when both of our sisters are grown up and they join up with our gang, that still doesn't change the fact that we are very close that people at times think we are a couple. Lately, that's what I've been hoping dan dreaming about but I choose to try not to dwell on it because she is already with a great man, someone who I also call my best buddy. Daniel.

          Jess and I weren't troublemakers but the both of us ain't afraid to say a piece of our mind with other people including our very own teachers. We aren't afraid to voice out if the teacher has been slacking in class and also if the homeworks they have given are way too much to handle. But unlike most of the students in our class, we protest based on strong facts that even we can silence the teacher or we our selves get the harsh lecture. This carries on till college and this time our opinions gained us respect from a majority of college students. And the Professors seem to also respect us because whenever we voiced our thoughts, we never act like know it alls because we based all our words on facts. Handing our homeworks on time and always submitting the best projects, that earned us a lot of respect from each of the professors in our classes.

          Not meaning to brag but popularity was never an issue with us because of how good we dress always in college and how vocal we are on college matters. That skyrocketed us to quite the height especially when she and I become the student body President and Vice President. It was crazy because we had to juggle between our college schedules and the duties as President and Vice President of the college student body.  But like a team we managed to pull it off with flying colors up to the moment where we had to stop and focus on our graduation. All in all, college was fun and a really tense mental testing to the brain but we pulled it off. This consistency carries on to this very day even in our jobs.  Jess runs her family's company while I run mine, and so far our partnership has brought quite the success that made both our dads very happy. We both got a name for ourselves in the business world, "The Twin Royals," which made us laugh at how ridiculous that sounds but it actually brought quite the comotion if ever it was mentioned in any company.

          Now more to the ordinary side of life, our friendship. Whenever one of us is sick, we will both be annoying as hell towards the other. Positive annoying, like making sure meds are taken and plenty of rest is taken as well. We would take days off from work just to make sure the other gets well as soon as possible. Good thing we the CEOs so we can take any time off without anyone going after our asses. Plus our families know how things are whenever the other is sick so we got the green light. 

             "NO!" Jess shouted at me as I tried to sneak an ice cream into the room. I was on a high temperature that time and I wasn't able to get up from bed for a good two days because workload was getting on me. "You're so stubborn!" She yanked the ice cream bucket from my hands.

             "Ohh cmonnn Soojung-ah!! Pweaseeee??" I made my best puppy eyes with her, this usually works. Usually. 

             "Oh nope! Those won't work on me like it used to!" She stormed back into the kitchen and out of my sight. From the corner of my eye, I noticed her own bowl of Ice Cream. I still peeked towards the kitchen and slowly reached for the bowl.

             "You dare touch that bowl, I'm taking away TV and Music privileges!" my neck snapped back towards the kitchen and her head was sticking out from the archway, "I'm watching you," then she made that "I got my eyes on you" gesture to me, "Now get back into the room!"

               "Ugghh fine!" Shrugging off into the room and grumbled like a lil kid that I am, "You sound like Mom!!"

             "Saranghae Eddie!!" She then beamed a big smile at me while showing me the "heart" gesture then her expression changed again almost a second later into her Icy glare, "Now move your !"

               On the other hand when it was me taking care of her, I would sit by the door of her room and even sleep by the door of he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter