Chapter 10: Baby Bear

All We Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Years Ago

"Yay! Oppa! Eonnie! I want to go there!" Little 5year old Krystal dragged me to follow her.

We are at a fair in LA. One of the biggest here. Little Krystal was so excited when she knew that we're going here. Jessica told me that Krystal woke up so early in the morning due to the excitement of coming here. And all I could do was laugh, and pinch those cute cheeks of hers. Jessica and I are 15 now, and we are both top of our classes that we become the head of the student council.

Lil Krystal dragged both Jessica and I towards a "shoot the target". Once reaching there, she pointed at a little stuffed brown bear. She wants me to win it for her  haha... So adorable! She keeps giving me those irresistable puppy eyes of hers, and kept on tuggin on the hem of my shirt.

"Ok.. Oppa will get you the little bear, but Krystal must stay near oppa," I told. The adorable girl nodded her head furiously at me.

"Jess? Watch over your sister," I turned to Jessica.

"Duh! Of course I will!" Jessica playfully glared at me.

"Krystal stay also with Jessica eonnie ok?" I asked the little girl.

"Ok oppa!" The little cutie said.

After it's set, I divert my attention towards the moving targets upfront. This should be easy because I have quick reflexes and fast reaction. A piece of cake it is! haha

It took no time for me to win the little stuffed bear! I bet Soojung is gonna be so happy!

"Soojung-ah! Oppa got......." Panic took over me as I looked around, and did not find Krystal anywhere.

Here I saw Jessica waving towards a group of people with her back towards me. I looked on, and realized it's the rest of the family.

"Sooyeon! Where's Soojung?!" I asked Jessica!

"What do you mean? She's right..." She stopped herself when she realized like I did.

"Oh no..." I said, "Jess! What were you doin?!"

"I was on the phone with eomma, she asked me where were we?" Jessica explained, but started to tear up, "I turned around to find them and waved..."

She covered her mouth as she's startin to tear up even more.

Our family arrived at our spot, their happy expressions immediately turned to worry. Mr and Mrs. Jung scolded Jessica for being careless.. Oh no... It's not all  her fault..

"Uncle and Aunt Jung, Sooyeon is not the only one at fault here," I saud to them, "It's mine as well, I should've been a bit more careful too... I am so sorry..."

The two couples looked at me, and only sighed with worry. The women and girls in our group teared up and worried about our little Soojung. I too am gettin worried.

"Let's just spread out to look for her ok?" Dad said to us.

Soon after, we are scattered around the big fair looking for little Krystal. Jessica, Seohyun, my noona, and I went together while our parents went each other. I just hope to find her soon. We all do...

The fair is really big, and it's been half an hour since we started searching for baby jung. Where is she? The girls are starting to tear up again with worry. Jessica has a mix of both guilt and worry on her face. I put my arm around her shoulder, and rubbed her shoulder softly.

"Sooyeon-ah, we'll find Soojung," I said.

We wondered around for another 15minutes before coming over a big statue bear under a huge ferris wheel. Is that? I noticed a small figure under it with her hands wiping her face. It's Krystal! I noticed that Dora shirt anywhere.

"Girls! There she is!" I said aloud, but dashed for it before they respond.

After I reached her side, I bend down to her level, and I put my hand on her small head to give a small pat. "Soojung-ah?"

The little girl looked to me, and jumped on me. Eventhough she is small, she sure gives a big force.

"Oppa!" The little girl clung on me like her life depended on it, "Krystal...... scared....."

"Shhhhh... Stop crying ok? Oppa is here," I rubbed her back gently. Poor thing must be so scared as she cries like this.

"Here, oppa got this for you like oppa promised," I showed her the little stuffed bear.

The crying girl looked at the stuffed animal before grabbing it.

"Krystal like the doll?" I said to her, and she nodded. Her cry seems to die down a bit.

"Hold on to this little bear ok?" I asked her. Krystal nodded again as she hugs the little bear.

"Just like Krystal holds this bear, oppa will always hold Krystal," I said to her, "Oppa will never let Krystal go again. Oppa will look after Krystal."

"Oppa promise?" The little angel asked.

"Yes, oppa promise!" I smiled as she hugged me tight again.

Just then, Jessica joined us. She immediately engulfed Krystal into a hug, and apologized while giving kisses on the little girl.

'Oppa promise Krystal. Oppa will take care and hold on to Krystal,' I promised to myself.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Present

Ever since that day, Krystal becomes even closer to me. She becomes this clingey little girl whenever she's around me. I treat her just as I have treated Seohyun, like my own little sister. Sometimes Jessica would spoil if start to spoil her too much. haha.. Even now...

That bear I got her that time at the fair is still well taken care of in her room. She'd always say that the little stuffed bear is her most favorite doll of all the dolls she has. Hahaha.. Krystal still sleeps while huggin that little bear eventhough she's almost a graduate in college already.

Well enough of that then because today I'm gonna spend sometime with Krystal before leaving tomorrow. I promised her anyway.

That leaves us to where I am right now, at Krystal's college pickin her up. And not only her though today because I asked Seohyun to join us both. Krystal is more than happy to know that when I informed her. Besides being close to me, she's also close with Seohyun, but not close as she is with me. You get what I mean right? haha.

Here I am waiting in front of the college entrance with my back against my black audi. Dressed with normal clothes just for goin out, but not forgettin my favorite red and black Ray Bans. These shades are bomb!

While waiting here, some female students are eyeing me as if they'd eat me up. Even there are some waving in a really flirtasious way. Being the nice gentleman that I am, I just smiled warmly at them. As a result, some of 'em ended up spazzing out, and squeling as if they got a screw loose. All those girls are eyeing me up and down when all of a sudden, they all scurried away at the sight of two, somewhat pissed, girls.

I turned to see two beautiful young women with frowns on their faces. "Ah! My baby sisters!!"

"Right... Mhmm?" Krystal with crossed arms looked at me.

"What?" I asked them, obviously confused.

"Why are you smiling to those students?" Krystal said as she and Seohyun approached me.

"Why?? I can't smile to people?" I asked back.

"Sure you were, Oppa," Seohyun said.

"What are you..woah!" Before finishing my next sentence, I was pulled next to Seohyun. Krystal is right behind us hiding her face.

"Soojung-ah?" Seohyun asked.

"It's him!" Krystal whispered from behind us.

Curious as to what she meant, the two of us looked around. My eyes caught a young man probably around Krystal's age, talking and jokin around with his friends. Yet the more I look at him, the more the guy is starting to look all too familiar. No way! This must be Minhyuk!

"Baby bear, aint that Minhyuk?" I turned my head to look at Krystal who's hiding behind me and Seohyun, "Isn't he guy you have a crush on even from Highschool?"

"Oppa? You remembered?" Krystal blinked in surprise.

"Of course I do! Back then, you wouldn't stop spazzing out when it comes to him," I chuckled as I talked.

"Oppaa! Not too loud!" Krystal pinched my back.

"Oww! What I do??" I looked to her in surprise.

Before she could utter a word, a male's voice interrupted. "Noona, annyeonghaseyo!"

I turned to the source of the greeting. What do ya know? It's Minhyuk himself saying h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter