Chapter 5: Why Do I Even Bother?

All We Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 Why does she have to come? Why? She hates me! And never once in my life, I've seen her being nice to me. I know she's friends with the Jung sisters, but never treats me like she treated them both. She's always gave me the cold shoulder. I mean, what did I ever do to her. Is it me or her that's being the problem? Lemme see... Yup it's her because never once have I ever mistreated her. I admit she's pretty, but deadly and amazingly annoying. Her brother and big sister are different on the other hand, they are very nice to be, but not her! Never once did she actually smile at me. She smiles, laughs, jokes, and interacts with everyone except me. She's nice to people, but too cold to me. And now, she's coming here, coming back actually. She went to the same college Jessica and I enrolled in, and now it's a college both Seohyun and Krystal attend to as well. Those were very annoying college days whenever she's around. But maybe she changes already, I mean it's been quite a while since we met. Yeah! I could hold on to that! Stay positive.

 

 It's been 2 days ever since mom called us to inform that Leo hyung will coming here along with his sister, the impossible Stephanie Hwang. This is something I am definitely not lookong forward to. Though I'm excited to meet Leo hyung, he's like a big brother I never had. Other than that, I'm definitely not thrilled. 

 

 So, now we're heading to Incheon to pick up the Hwangs. The company already prepared us the van to pick them up. Of course, I'm the one driving the van because well, the hwangs are considered as a family so I'd prefer I'll be our own drive so we can all talk freely without a third party. If you know what I mean..... Anyway, last I checked whenever the Jungs and Stephanie met, all heck breaks loose. They themselves could probably attend a full blown concert, but sounding louder than everyone else. Yeah, that's how loud they can get. In the van there's only the sisters and I. We tried to ask Ailee to come along, but she said she got a photoshoot for W Korea and Cosmopolitan today. Other than those photoshoots, she said she's not ready to meet Stephanie yet. Other than the sisters, Stephanie was hurt too that her one of her best friends left her without a word, at least that's what I heard from the sisters back then. Ailee said that when the time is right, she will talk to Stephanie. Jessica and Krystal said thay they will be there as well when that happens, to help if needed. 

 

 "Eddie, are you sure you'll be fine?" Jessica asked sounding concerned.

 

 "Of course Jess, why wouldn't I be?" I asked back as I keep my eyes on the road.

 

 "I mean considering the two of you never agreeing to anything ever since elementary, how do you feel about picking her up?" Jessica asked again.

 

 "Haha.. I gotta be honest with you, I'm not fond of this," I said the truth, "If she's the only one coming, I'd prefer to stay home or my office instead of picking her up at the airport."

 

 "Maybe she's changed you know?" Jessica said trying to cheer things up for me, "I mean, it's been a long time right? Besides, if she's still the same, your two sisters here will help ya out! We'll help you fix whatever it is that made you both like this."

 

 "Wait? You're saying you never knew what was her problem with me?" I asked her bewildered. Jessica and Krystal shook their heads.

 

 "We always tried to ask her, but she always changed the subject or said she doesn't want to talk about," Jessica said.

 

 "Or maybe, she just hates you," Krystal said.

 

 "Eh yah! Soojung, why do you say that?" I asked her.

 

 "Haha.. I'n just kidding oppa!" Krystal laughed at the back, "I don't get it why she's acting that way. For me, you are one awesome, hot, friendly, nice, fun, cool, and caring! Nothing to hate about you oppa!"

 

 "Awwwwww... Gumawo-yo Soojung-ah!" I exclaimed happily, "Tell you what? Since you complimented me like that, I'm gonna treat you shopping next time! Buy what you want!"

 

 "Wow! Jinjja oppa?! Daebakkkk! Oppa jjang!" Krystal squeled loudly at the back.

 

 "Eddie! I agree with my sister says!" Jessica said all of sudden.

 

 "Hahaha.. Fine! I'll treat you both then!" I laughed knowing exactly why Jessica says that.

 

 "Yay!" Jessica and Krystal exclaimed as they hi-5ed each other. I shook my head looking at them.

 

 Half an hour later, we're waiting at the arrival gate for the siblings. Moments after waiting, a P.A. came out saying the flight from LA just landed. Ok, a little history about Jessica, Krystal, Stephanie, and I.

 

 The Hwang Industry, Jung Enterprises, and Park Inc. are three of the biggest companies in the world. The bonus of that knowledge is that all of these companies' bosses are all best friends, including their wives. These companies supported each other even though it's knowledgeable that each of them are already powerful on their own, but since they're close friends, they will help each o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter