Painful truth

Danger (위험)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your Pov

 

 

"Or should I say Hwang Yue?" Jungkook's voice was now piercing through my head. No way. I was now completely paralyzed. My hand which had been on the door handle, slipped off from it. My heart was beating so fast that I thought he'd hear it too. I stayed still for what I think was more than 10 seconds before slowly turning to face him. I stared him with a blank expression. I saw Jungkook studying my body from head to toes.

"J-Jungkook." I managed to slur.

"I hardly recognized you." He said and tilted his head when our gazes met.

"But how did you..?" I gulped hardly while trying to settle my thoughts.

"Found out?" Jungkook ended my sentence. "The real question here is, why did you do it?"

"To prevent this from happening." I explained with shaky voice.

"Prevent what?" He narrowed his eyes to me.

"You want to know why I didn't tell you who I was?" I asked slightly irritated. "It's because you never asked. Why I'd go around telling everyone that I know you when you didn't remember it yourself?" I asked all hurt. "If you'd asked, I would've told you." I felt my voice becoming weaker.

"Look Yue, about that.." Jungkook started but I cut him off.

"Don't apologize to me." I shook my head. "I understand completely why you didn't remember me. I mean why would you? Why'd you remember someone like me in the first place? It's not like you gave me a good light back primary school. Actually, you never gave a what was happening to me, not try to defend me from it.. I thought I was a burden of some sort so why I would've come to you and make a fuss about who I am?" I opened up, for real. Everything I'd kept inside of me for the past 10 years finally got out.

"Yue.." Jungkook whispered. His expression had become deathly serious.

"I didn't want to be involved in you anymore. I wanted for you to ignore me like you did the whole primary school. At least it hurt less than having this conversation with you right now." My voice was shaky and unstable but I kept on going. "I would've saved myself from a whole lot of trouble if my wish had become true." I lowered my gaze and exhaled painfully.

"What are you saying now?" Jungkook shook his head looking slightly annoyed. "Like you'd know anything about me.. And judging from your choice of words, I see you don't." He shook his head with a smile which had nothing to do with a happy smile.

"I don't.. But I do know you are dating Tia who's right now looking at us behind you. I don't want her to misunderstand." My body was shaking.

"Gladly there's nothing for here to misunderstand." Jungkook shot back and I gulped hardly.

"I'm sorry I caused you trouble Jungkook. I'll get going now." I left the scene quickly before he could say anything else. My whole life was about to crush, or at least it felt like it.

 

[Tuesday, 22nd of April]

 

 

Jungkook's Pov

 

 

It couldn't be. Maybe I'd dreamt the whole yesterday and it never actually happened? Under my very own eyes. She'd been there all of the time but I hadn't noticed. I buried my face to my palms and tried to get a sign of some sort that I wouldn't be right. This had all been a bad dream and nothing was different from yesterday.

I stood up and walked to my desk before pulling the first drawer open. I eyed the content of the drawer slowly until my gaze met the piece of paper I'd been looking for. I reached it with my two fingers and turned it around to reveal a small writing which read: I'm sorry I acted badly towards you. I only wanted to tell you that I like you. I sighed heavily and squeezed the piece of paper in my hands before throwing it back in to the drawer. 

"I need to speak with her." I whispered as I closed the drawer.

When I arrived to the school, the clock was only 7:30 am. Our classes were going to start at 8 o'clock sharp. I knew she'd probably avoid me the best she could but I didn't want to give her the chance. I was going to wait her standing next to the main entrance so I'd see when she arrives. However, after waiting for a half an hour and not seeing her pass by, I needed to get to the class.

She didn't show up. The whole day, her place in our classes stayed empty. Why didn't she show up? What if she wasn't feeling well? Those thoughts wondered inside of my brain continuously. In the end, I decided to give up. Maybe there was a good reason for her absence and it wasn't because of our talk yesterday. 

 

 

[Thursday, 24th of April]

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

"This is getting ridiculous Yue." I heard a voice stating from my doorway. I lifted my head up from my pillow and turned to see Jin standing there quietly. He had his arms crossed over his chest and his expression was wondering somewhere between frustrated and worried.

"Why are you in my room again?" I just asked before placing my head back to the pillow.

"Can't you seeing what you've become?" Jin asked desperately but I just shook my head.

"Why don't you mind about your own business?" I shot back and closed my eyes.

"You're not sick so why do you keep on skipping school? Something must've happened in there. I'm worried about you Yue.. And if there's anything I can do to help you, I'm here you know.. There's no way you need to face this alone, again." He tried and I felt something stung in my heart. Why does he need to be such a howler.

"Look." I sat up on my bed, facing him. "I'd tell you if there was anything that needed to be told." I snapped to him and it wasn't even on purpose.

"Oh you mean like you told me when you were suffering from depression huh?" Jin started to get annoyed, I could feel it. He was right on the other hand. I never told anyone when I was dealing with the bullying and loneliness and all. He found out later and got so mad at me for not telling him. "Yue-ah.. What happened few years ago.. You don't even know how much guilt I'm carrying on my shoulders because of it. I still punish myself for not being there for you when you needed me and how I ignored the fact you weren't feeling well." Jin paused and lowered his gaze. "I don't want something like that happen to you anymore and if there's way for me to prevent that from happening, I'll do whatever it takes. Now tell me what happened on Monday."

"..." I let his words sink in to my head and sighed heavily. "It's about Jungkook." I let out with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter