Chapter 2. Moon JongUp

Dark of the Moon

His fist connected with the robber’s nose and he felt the bone crack beneath his knuckle. He couldn’t help but feel triumphant when that happened, every time people underestimated him, but they got what they deserved for doing so. He punched the leader two more times before leaving him on the ground in the heap. 

“You guys will remember who I am right?” He taunted, pulling the leader up by the collar with a glare. "Moon. You'll remember that right?" He said, knocking another punch to his face.

He walked away from their bodies, brushing off the shoulder of uniform and turning back onto the main street. He had to be late, he barely had enough time before he left the house and that fight took him longer than he had expected. 

He sighed to himself as he pressed on, what did it matter anyway, his teachers didn't care if he was on time or not. In fact, if he was dying they wouldn't even notice. He was in last place and there was no way he would make it anywhere, but he didn't need to. He knew where he belonged. 

He finally reached the front gate and saw students swarming in, he turned to his right and saw Little Miss Perfect walking in. He would be on time today then, she was never late and if she had just gotten there then he had miscalculated the time. 

He narrowed his eyes at here as she walked with her nose in a book. She didn't care about anyone else but herself, all she did was study. She thought she was better than everyone else and yet, all the boys still flocked to her.

So many of them tried to follow her and give her presents, so many of them tried to get her attention by opening the door for her, buying her lunch, or coffee when she looked tired. But she never noticed any of them, she continued reading her book, not bothering to give any of them the time of day.

He glared even more harshly at her, stretching out his back muscles from the fight. Other girls swooned at the sight of him, but he never noticed them either. He continued walking to the building before Haeri disappeared from his sight. 

He smirked to himself, reminded of the fight as the boys clamored to try and get through the door to follow after her. The robbers had been far too easy, and they thought it would be easy for them to get through his territory. What imbeciles. At least he could beat Little Miss Perfect at that, street smart beat book smart any day.

“You better wipe that smirk off your face, Moon JongUp.” A voice said, interrupting his thoughts. He knew exactly who it belonged to and he turned to the source.

“Or what, Daehyun? You’re going to punch me?” JongUp joked, nudging his friend.

“No, but you should really be aware of what your facial expressions do. Besides, who you smirking at now? Don’t tell me it’s Go Haeri again.” Daehyun said, looking in the same direction as JongUp was. They walked towards the classroom together, not paying attention to their surroundings. Girls squealed, turning to their friends and gossiping some more.

They both refused to look anywhere else but straight ahead and they were in step with each other. “So what if it is? She’s bothersome.” JongUp replied back harshly. “She has the whole world wrapped around her finger.” 

“Yah. Don’t let anyone hear you say that. You’re already in enough trouble as it is here, you want a mob on your hands?” Daehyun chided him. They walked into the already filled classroom, taking their seats. JongUp’s seat was in the back as he was last whereas Daehyun was closer to the front but not front row like Go Haeri was.

He nodded and put his head down on the desk, he would just sleep while the teacher lectured. There was no point in listening anyway, he didn’t need to pass. He had nobody to live for but himself, and he already was doing well.

He looked at his knuckles and saw that some of them were bleeding slightly, he needed to clean it before it got infected. He had punched the wall on accident one too many times during the fight and it upset him that they were faster. He needed to practice some more in order to improve his skills. After all, that’s what his life was meant to be.

He had nowhere else to go, he had nothing to live for and nothing to lose. He would never have the money for university so what was the point in trying for that? He paid enough attention to pass the tests if he wanted to, but if he wasn’t last place then someone else would be. And he was already getting used to being treated as invisible.

He turned his head slightly to look out the window, it had started to rain as soon as they got inside. He was grateful that he managed to get through the fight without a drop of rain on him as well. Rain was always a variable in his fights, he could slip and not connect his punches in the rain. That’s why he had to make sure weather conditions were perfect if he had to fight someone.

He thought about the robbers he had left behind, he wondered if they were getting soaked in the rain right now. He had left the two lackeys unconscious as well as the leader. But they needed a shower anyway, they smelled like rotten piss.

But what did it really matter, he lived in the worst neighborhood in the area. That’s why he had made a name for himself as Moon, as the top gangster and he claimed his town as his turf. He had defeated the top before he took over in happiness. Now he could control exactly what happened and who did what in his neighborhood.

He could also prevent unnecessary crime other than his fights. The people would be more safe, which is what he wanted. Something he needed to make sure of, because nothing horrible could happen again. Not on his watch, he was careful and made sure he eliminated any unnecessary threats to his person.

Moon was what he needed to survive, he didn’t need anything else. He definitely didn’t need any books in his world and if Haeri was in his neighborhood, she wouldn’t last an hour with her lack of awareness. Someone would come and pick her off the street and she would discover what it really meant to have all that attention on her.

His life was easy, the past was his demon. He couldn’t think about what used to be for fear of ruining what he had now. There was no way he could go back to the way things were, that chance was taken from him too long ago.


Author's Note;;
Sheeeeessshhhh. 
Finally right? lol. XD 
Anyway, I'm in Korea for exchange, enjoy this update :D
I need more ideas. but I only have Jong Suk feels .. >< sorry.
It's cuz I just finished Pinocchio. 
But please bear with me. I plan to update this more :D
kk done rambling and time for bed. :D it's almost 2AM 
appreciate your love <3