Chapter 7. Cornered

Dark of the Moon

He waited for the sun to come up too eagerly, it was the start of a new day but it also meant that he would finally get his answers. The answers that had been bothering him from last night, Haeri had been keeping this secret for so long. 

But now, he was going to find out everything he needed to know. She must have been that girl that was walking alone the other night. There was no doubt in his mind, he had rescued her from those erts the other night. 

He would need to warn her about doing that in the future, he wouldn’t always be around to make sure nothing happened to her. And on top of that, he now had the curiosity over why she was trying so hard to keep it a secret. 

It really was a shame to be from that neighborhood but with her perfect grades, it’s not like anyone would actually care. They would probably judge her more and talk about her, but it’s not like she wasn’t already being talked about.  

He got dressed and for once, arrived at school on time. He had to try and catch her alone just to bother her with all of his questions. But she would avoid him, if she didn’t want anyone at school to know, there was no way she would let him talk to her. 

But he was prepared for that, after all, ambushing people was his specialty. He looked around as he arrived on campus and there were few people there already. This surprised him since he thought he was the only one who came really late to class.  

He didn’t see Go Haeri yet, but he heard a fuss being made in the hallway and it was loud enough to be heard from outside. That had to be where she was, he ignored all the people around him, much to their discontent. 

Several girls had picked up on the fact that JongUp was at school early and tried to speak with him. They all fidgeted nervously around him, completely missing their chances as he zoomed past all of them. He listened for the commotion of the hallway and sure enough, there was Miss Perfect. 

His arms tensed as he noticed several male students gathered around her as she avoided eye contact with them completely. It was rather unpleasant as not all of them seemed to attend their school with all the different uniforms in the mix. 

“Come on, Haeri. Just one date please?” Taehyung begged, “Just one.”  

“She won’t want you, dork. Let me take you out on a date, Haeri. I can show you a great time.” Jimin said, trying to take her hand. She flinched away, moving it so she could carry her books with both hands. 

“Both of you guys are idiots. She obviously wants someone smart.” Namjoon said, falling into step with her. “I can help you with your homework, Haeri, we could have a study date.” He smirked at her and she was forced to look at him as he stood in her way from turning around the corner. 

“I don’t have time for dating. I have to study.” Haeri told all of them. “Have a good day.” She said, with a bow and walked away. 

“I offered a study date!” Namjoon said loudly. 

“Yeah and we can get your mind off studying, cuz you shouldn’t study so much!” Jimin and Taehyung yelled together. 

JongUp merely shook his head and he walked past all of them to catch up with Haeri. “If she wouldn’t go for us, then why would she even go for you?” One of the taller guys said, standing tall in front of JongUp. 

JongUp examined him and saw that he was well-built for his age, not necessarily a formidable opponent, since he seemed to lack some skills for fighting. But if it became 5 vs 1 like in the alleyways of his neighborhood, then there was no way these prissys would fight fair. 

He smirked at him, “Who said I was trying to get with her? She’s my tutor and I have to set up an appointment. I’m failing school, you know. Shouldn’t you be at your schools? Maybe if you’re failing too, then you can get tutored by your princess.” He retorted, sending all of them into shock. 

“She could tutor us!” They cheered loudly and JongUp slipped away in the chaos. He hurried to catch up to Miss Go Haeri and he found her in the empty classroom by herself. 

“Well, well. You certainly have some explaining to do.” He said, closing the door firmly behind him. He saw her practically jump out of her skin when she saw him. 

“What are you even doing here? You’re never here this early.” Haeri said accusingly, “Are you following me?”  

He scoffed, “Please don’t evade the topic, Go Haeri. You clearly keep secrets and I discovered one of them last night, didn’t I?” He said, approaching her slowly. He looked at her stiff expression of shock.  

“You would not say anything.” She said clearly. “Never. Why would you even bother with me?” She said, but it was more to assure herself of his loyalty to himself. To not deal with drama around the school system.  

“I won’t say anything, who wants to deal with all your fanboys. But I do have some questions for myself, so if you refuse to answer them, then you should know what kinds of consequences await you.” He warned her, choosing his words carefully. He would rather have answers to his questions than dealing with those guys again. 

“Fine.” Haeri let out a tense sigh, “Let’s meet on the roof after class today. It’s Tuesday, and I was keeping that afternoon as an option for you to be tutored.” She told him. 

“I’m at school early so I can find out my answers now.” He replied, but he didn’t move closer to her. He hovered around his own desk as he heard some noises outside in the hallway. 

“The story is long, but I can tell you that you’re not wrong. That is my home.” She said, her voice drifting off quietly as the classroom door opened again. Haeri moved to sit in her seat and JongUp fell back into his chair as well. 

The tension was evident to the girls who just walked in, they threw a glare at Haeri before sitting down at their own desks. They glanced over at JongUp but he already had his head down with his eyes covered from the bright light. 

“I can’t believe she gets everyone.” One of the girls whispered to their friends. “What does she have that no one else does." 

“No idea. But did you see the guys from Bangtan? They were all here trying to get with her.” Another girl murmured. 

“Her reputation even goes to the other schools, what the heck. What’s so special about her.” The third girl said, glaring at the back of Haeri’s head.  

Haeri sighed to herself in the front of the room and it wasn’t missed by JongUp, despite the distance. He couldn’t believe he was paying attention to her as well, what was so special about her. 

But she would answer his questions, he just needed to wait. He wouldn’t let her get away. 


Author's Note;;
Okay :D so now I can go update the other two :)
enjoy :D hehe :3 and sorry if this is going slow.. :o 
I just don't wanna put too much into a chapter >~> 
but we shall hear Haeri's past next chapter :D
And BTS will return ;) cuz the rest of BAP will appear too ;)