Chapter 3. Care

Dark of the Moon

The sound of the chalk hitting the blackboard repeatedly soothed his mind as he fell into a deep slumber, the rain hitting the windows was also repetitive causing his drowsiness. He felt his eyes closed, nodding his head, falling asleep. He hated this type of weather, he really had no chance of paying attention in class and all he wanted to do was lie in bed all day. If he had nice bed to sleep in at least, he could feel eyes on him and he looked up, noticing Little Miss Perfect was staring at him.

He threw a glare her way and she didn't look away. He watched her as he realized that she wasn't staring at him, but rather through him, lost in her mind. He watched her as she continued to space out in his direction, it bothered him that he wanted to know what she was thinking about.

Why did he care about Little Miss Perfect anyway? But he knew it was unusual for her to zone out in the middle of class as she was usually taking notes diligently. He turned to the blackboard and saw that the teacher was just reviewing what was covered last class. JongUp sighed inwardly, before putting his head back down. That’s why Little Miss Perfect wasn’t paying attention. He turned away from her and started to doze off again, ignoring her stare.

Haeri was tired of this review, she didn’t need it. Everyone else in class did but she didn’t, she turned away from the board to think about her grocery list for the night. It was raining hard, so she shouldn’t have to shop for food. But it didn’t matter, her parents always had the munchies so she needed to keep snacks in the house to keep them at bay.

She had already gotten them cookies, chips were hard to find as they were picky but she could make do with getting some chips again. They never wanted anything healthy, so she never had to worry about that.

The lesson was over quickly and she turned back to the board when everyone started to make noise by gathering their things together. Only then did she realize that she had been staring at Moon JongUp. He was sleeping yet again in class but that didn’t really surprise her.

He never cared about his grades, which made sense since he had other people to support him. He was always hanging around Daehyun, and he had some money. Haeri sighed to herself as she went to her locker to put her books away before grabbing some lunch.

Half the day was gone and now she just had to get through science and English class before she could head home. She wasn’t even sure if she could call it home but at least she had time to wait for everyone else to leave to make sure no one saw her walking around there.

She grabbed a lunch tray and let the ladies pile on food, just walking along the line. She paid the cashier and took small steps as she observed the tables in the area. All of them were already full with people who had taken advantage of her before. They wanted her notes or her homework, in the end, she managed to make some money off them. 

But none of them actually liked her. She tried to find an empty seat and found one by the window, where none other than Moon JongUp himself was sleeping again. She sighed, there was no choice, she needed to eat.

She walked towards the empty chair, much to the chagrin of every girl in the room and she sat down quietly as to not disturb his slumber. He didn’t even move from her commotion. She ate her food in peace as he never moved to get up for a moment, even though everyone continued to stare at her. She ignored them, cleaning her plates and drinking juice to finish off her meal.

JongUp moved slightly and she caught a glimpse of his right hand, it was all crusted with dried blood. She sighed to herself as she decided to help him fix that, a broken dominant hand did no one any good. She reached into her bag for the first-aid kit that she always carried around and cleansed the wound before wrapping it up.

She looked at him as she did so, to see if he would even stir, but he was still sound asleep. Haeri sighed in relief as she finished wrapping it up, she couldn’t imagine how he would react if he had seen her taking care of his hand. He didn’t really care much about anyone, and if she had helped him, she had no idea how he would react.

With that, she stood up and dumped her lunch tray, heading back to her locker to take out her science and English notes to review them in the classroom.

He stirred when someone poked him angrily, “Yah. Get up before you miss class.” Daehyun’s voice said clearly.

He reached out to smack his friend for waking him up, but he felt a tightness around his palm. He stretched involuntarily and opened his eyes to find that his hand had been bandaged and cleaned. “Yah. Why did you help me?” He said, angrily to Daehyun, picking himself up and heading to class.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, JongUp. I always wake you up at lunch, it’s not something new.” Daehyun replied to him, opening the door to the classroom and letting JongUp step in first.

“I’m talking about this.” JongUp said, gesturing at the bandages on his hand. “You could have left it alone, you know.” 

Daehyun set JongUp’s hand down from his face, “I had a lunch meeting, so I have no idea how that actually happened. I just swung by the cafeteria to wake you up. Maybe one of your fangirls felt sorry for you.” He said, sitting at his desk, ignoring JongUp from then on.

JongUp frowned, sitting at his own desk in the back of the room. If it wasn’t Daehyun that had fixed him up, then who would actually care to do so? It wasn’t the fanclub or whatever Daehyun said, he didn’t have any fans.

Daehyun had to be lying, there’s no one else who would care in this school. The teacher walked in and JongUp put his head down to sleep again, not bothering to pay attention to the front of the classroom.


Author's Note;;
haha~ update! lol.
gosh. so I'm putting off writing some of my other stories for this.
LOL. It's cuz I'm not in the mood for that specific chapter in Khun.. :o
But enjoy jongup :D