Chapter 21. More Than Meets The Eye

Dark of the Moon

Immediately all of the men fell to the ground, kowtowing to the voice behind all of them. JongUp smirked as he saw Bang’s shocked expression frozen on his face. He fell to the ground as well, avoiding eye contact as he heard footsteps walk through the mess of people. 

“What are you even doing here?”  

“This neighborhood is right in the middle of my territory and the rules state I’m not allowed to pass anything through her without proper permission.” Bang explained, he fell to his knees, looking at the floor. 

“I know that. I arranged a deal with Moon beforehand about this neighborhood, but it seems you don’t care for my authority do you, Bang? Is it because I’m a woman?” She asked him. 

Bang frowned, it didn’t occur to him that there was a possible plan in place. He should have thought of that, after all, she was resourceful. “No, Miyoung, of course it’s not that.” He answered. 

“Well, then. What is it? Since you obviously went behind my back to try and take down Moon.” Miyoung asked him. “I told you, you just had to wait and now you do this?”  

“Waiting took forever. You didn’t even say how long I had to wait.” Bang argued and Miyoung hushed him with a glare. 

“You’re under my purview, Bang. And here I thought we were on good terms.” Miyoung said. “Come out, kiddos.”  

Behind the wall, a bunch of kids stumbled out of their hiding place and onto the floor in front of Miyoung. “Everyone welcome, Bangtan Boys. They’ll be taking care of you from now on.” She said.  

Bang’s men looked at the new faces and groaned. These guys were younger than they ever would be. And that’s exactly why Miyoung was punishing them for breaking the rules. They would have to retire sooner than expected and the new blood would take over. 

“What about the territory?” Bang asked her.  

“That’s the most important thing to you, is it?” Miyoung asked back. Bang remained silent, letting his gaze fall back to the ground.  

“Moon is giving up the territory the day after his high school graduation.” Miyoung informed everyone. “However, until he moves away, I will control what goes in and out of this area to ensure his safety as well as Haeri’s.” She said. “After that, you can have it, Bang since you want it so desperately. But you’ll have to earn my trust back.” She told him. 

“Of course, Miyoung.” He told her. “I’m sorry for not having faith in you." 

Miyoung smiled, “Fine. Rise.” And with that, everyone got to their feet off the ground, looking straight at her. “Now, that this matter has been resolved. Please take Moon to Haeri and we will be on our way.” She said sternly.  

Bang frowned but nodded his head. He led the way as Miyoung, the Bangtan Boys and JongUp all followed to the warehouse on the outskirts of town. Just where JongUp knew Bang would put her. 

They all walked inside the heavy steel door and saw the two bodyguards tied to the chair legs and Haeri standing on the side. Miyoung smiled at the sight and she walked over to Haeri before Bang could get there. 

“Well, you’re just full of surprises, aren’t you?” Miyoung said, giving her a hug. She pulled away and Haeri looked at her shock. 

“Miyoung, what are you doing here?” Haeri asked her, JongUp rushed to her side and pulled her into his arms. 

Miyoung just smiled at her, “You know, the usual.” She said with a shrug. 

“You’re okay.” JongUp said quietly, holding her and she took comfort in the warmth of his embrace. She put her arms around his torso, squeezing tightly. He had come for her, just like she knew he would. 

“Yeah, those guys are pretty gullible huh?” She asked him.  

JongUp chuckled and looked to Bang who still had a look of shock on his face, “Yeah, they are. But you’re also unexpectedly tough for a girl, don’t you think?” He asked back. 

“How did you—?” Bang stuttered out, pointing at his men who were being untied as he stood there. 

Haeri looked at him and shrugged, “I never forget a knife.” She said, taking it out from underneath her uniform. “Besides, I grew up in the neighborhood too. I know a few tricks.”  

“Well, now you are free, Haeri. So until you’re gone, you’re safe.” Miyoung told her, “Bang will be sufficiently punished for his actions towards you, I can assure you.”  

“And Bangtan? They’re under you?” Haeri asked, seeing the boys on the side. She recognized some of them as guys that liked her. JongUp stood even more protectively by her as they stared. 

“Yeah, they’re interesting. I’ll see you next Tuesday for tutoring, Haeri. I have some business, it’d be best if you run along now.” Miyoung said, shooing JongUp and Haeri out of there. 

JongUp took her hand as they went outside and she smiled, he kissed the raw skin around her wrists. She had managed to get out of the bindings but not with slight scraping. “Let’s go home?” He asked her. 

“Yeah.”  

“Jagiya! Wake up, we’re gonna be late!” She shouted at him, as the toast popped out right on cue.  

JongUp rushed down the stairs, pulling his jacket on. He grabbed the piece of toast in Haeri’s mouth and took it for himself.  

“Hey!” She grumbled, but reached over to him so she could fix his tie. He had to look presentable on his third day of work.  

Himchan offered him the job and he finally took it when Haeri graduated and entered Seoul National University. They moved into an apartment closer to her school and close enough to Himchan’s work for convenience.  

JongUp didn’t mind the work so much, but he hated waking up early. After getting used to be up all night, it was hard to be up all day. He saw Daehyun at the company every now and again, but they worked in separate departments. 

JongUp saw him mostly at lunch, Haeri continued to get good grades as she studied medicine to become a doctor to help people.  

She kept her tutoring going and Chanwoo’s parents allowed her to get dropped off by her boyfriend, since there were many stories of purse snatchers in the area around the library now.  

She hadn’t seen Youngjae for a long time, but that was probably a good thing. He had no business knowing her affairs anyway. Miyoung dropped by from time to time, to check in on them and to see Haeri for tutoring.  

Haeri kissed JongUp before he left the apartment, “I love you.” He told her. 

She smiled back at him, “I love you too." 

“You’re the only one for me, Go Haeri.” He said, kissing her cheek and slipping his shoes on. 

“I can only see you, Moon.” She replied. 


Author's Note;;
Andddd we're done, that's that people :D
thanks :3