Chapter 20. Negotiation

Dark of the Moon

JongUp ran around the streets, Bang was nowhere to be found. Where the hell was that bastard? He was bound to negotiate, he knew exactly what Bang wanted for Haeri. And he was already willing to give it up once Haeri graduated. Once she was free from this place, then he would leave too.  

He groaned, what the hell was he going to do? Haeri was bound to be tied up somewhere, not here, but closer to the outskirts so that it was bordered Bang’s actual territory. 

What he was unsure of was Bang going looking for him? Or waiting for him to find Haeri? Bang was bound to be looking though, he wasn't a strategist. 

JongUp wandered around the streets somewhere, he was biding his time until Chang Guk crossed his path. "Where is she?" He shouted. 

Chang Guk folded his arms and smirked, "Now, now, no need to get all hasty." He said. 

"She's innocent, she doesn't need to get involved in this." JongUp shouted. 

"You got her involved when you started dating her." Chang Guk countered. 

"You can have whatever you want. As long as she's safe." He said, "But where is she?"  

Chang Guk shrugged his shoulders casually, "I don't know, you should ask Bang." He said slyly. 

JongUp turned around, the hairs on the back of his neck standing up. He could see Chang Guk looking over his shoulder with a smirk. 

He saw Bang behind him with a flank of guys at his side. "Hello, Moon." He greeted. 

"Where is she?" JongUp asked, repeating himself again. 

"First thing's first. I want the neighborhood." Bang said. 

"Not until I know she's safe." JongUp replied. "Unless you guarantee me her safety, there's no negotiating."  

"You can't say that, I'm the one with the bargaining chip." Bang told him, the row of guys behind him moved closer. 

"I've taken out many of your guys, just by myself. You can't think that I'm being unreasonable for a guarantee of her safety." JongUp said, crossing his arms over his chest. This was going to be hard though, he had taken out many of Bang's guys before. But he was at full capacity then. 

He didn't worry about himself, he had a reason to worry now. He couldn't let himself die because then Haeri wouldn't be safe.  

He frowned as he saw Chang Guk walk over to stand next to Bang. "I told you, we'd find your weakness, Moon." Chang Guk said gleefully. 

"If both of you are here that means she is alone." JongUp mused, "Am I wrong?"  

Bang frowned, "I left bodyguards there." He said. "You don't think you can get to her, now do you?"  

"It crossed my mind." JongUp said. He wasn't going to tell them that Haeri could handle herself.  

Bang's bodyguards were often incompetent guys who couldn't fight past the first punch. She was resourceful and if she could at least get out of the restraints that he was bound to have put on her, then she would have a better chance. 

"Get him." Bang said as he sent guys to go after JongUp. He stood his ground, his stance wide. 

The biggest guy came charging towards him and JongUp easily used his momentum to flip him to the side. He could hear bones crushing against the sidewalk behind him. 

The guy wasn't bound to get up with injuries like that. He didn't look back and kept going, right punch, left punch, sweep kick.  

He was untouchable until Bang held off more guys, leaving JongUp with no one else to fight.  

"Well, I see you see quite capable, Moon." Bang said, complimenting him.  

"I didn't get to where I am without hard work." JongUp replied, wiping the sweat off his forehead. He rolled his shoulders and neck to stretch out his muscles and smiled.  

"I'm impressed." Bang said, "You should really consider being on the same side as me."  

"We don't have the same values." JongUp said, "But now, will you tell me where she is? I already told you, if she is safe then you can have whatever you want." 

"No, you have to earn that. Besides, you don't think I'd let you off that easily now would you?" Bang said. He snapped his fingers and another row of guys lined up behind him to replace the men that JongUp had fought. 

JongUp groaned, this was going to take far too long and he didn't have time for this. Haeri was somewhere by herself and she obviously wasn't going to get out of there on her own. 

"Now, now. You're out of line."  


Author's Note;;
hehe :3 okay. so maybe not before the end of the month. ._.
Unless i write the next chapter tonight. but it's 10:53PM right now.. lol.
and i should sleep. cuz its a sunday night. XD