Chapter 4b

Still You

--------------------

Sehun remained quiet for a while before he realised there was no way to escape.

”Yes?” The boy answered quietly, hiding his face under the blanket. He realised he was still wearing Donghae’s clothes…and looked definitely like he had been crying.

Joonmyun turned the lights on, moving into a sitting position on his bed. The whole room rested in an oppressive silence. “Come here.” He suddenly commanded calmly but really firmly. Sehun cringed under the sheet, trying to come up with any good excuses. You stupid boy, if you would have admitted at the first place you were going with Donghae there would be nothing suspicious about it! When thinking about it, there was no way he could turn all this to sound like an innocent night out with a friend. Oh, Sehun was damn screwed.

“Sehun. Seriously.” Joonmyun moaned out exhaustedly. Sehun took a deep sight and glided like a ghost into Joonmyun’s bed, without unwrapping the blanket from around him. Joonmyun made room for Sehun to sit next to him, the boy obeying his hyung wordlessly..

Joonmyun glanced at his maknae’s face quickly: the boy looked somehow a bit down. His eyes were swollen and nose shined bright red. The little runaway had no courage to raise his eyes that were so tightly fixed on the floor. Joonmyun sighed and facepalmed himself, massaging his own face for a while before starting to talk.

“I don’t care what you are doing, I don’t care with whom, as long as you don’t lie to me. Sehun – what makes you lie to me? To your own leader? Why, Sehun, why?” Sehun bit his lip, feeling still really vulnerable from his intimate discussion in Donghae’s car. “I’m sorry, hyung.”

“Do you think simply saying sorry is enough? Do you think you can just do whatever and then say “sorry”, smile cutely and then – that’s it? Is that what you think you can do as a maknae? Come in the dorm at 4am in the morning, sneak around like a burglar? Sehun, you, just as well as any other member, you have no rights to play with our future just for the sake of one date with one girl! I completely…”

“I wasn’t with a girl.” Sehun interrupted his hyung. Joonmyun went silent for a while, scratching his shock blonde hair confusedly. “Well?” “I was with Donghae hyung from Super Junior.” Sehun said calmly, but then deciding to alter the truth slightly. “And Kyuhyun hyung.” That wasn’t too far, was it? Sehun nodded once more as like confirming his own words.

Joonmyun sighed frustratedly, hiding his small face into his hands. “Why didn’t you tell me, then? Why didn’t you just tell you’re going out with hyungs?” “I-I was afraid…you wouldn’t let me go.” Sehun said, leaning his head cutely against Joonmyun’s back. Joonmyun sighed. “Yes, but that doesn’t give you any rights to lie! Sehun – aish, what to do with you?” “I’m sorry, hyung, I just wanted to hang out with the other hyungs for a while. Or are you jealous?” Sehun added with a slight smile. Joonmyun was not impressed. “Oh Sehun! You are such a kid with no manners! Don’t start joking when I’m disciplining you!” Sehun nodded quickly, giving the older boy an apologising glance.

Finally Joonmyun sighed and patted the maknae’s head with a tired smile. “Sehun…promise me…next time…don’t lie to me? You can tell me everything, you know it, right? There can’t be anything I couldn’t face that you could possibly tell me. So just tell me. Will you, Sehunnie?”

Sehun was pretty sure Joonmyun couldn’t face the truth if Sehun had told it, but nodded anyways. “I will, Joonmyun hyung. I’m sorry.”

He finally met the eyes of his leader, and felt a huge scratch in his heart when realising the older one seriously trusted in him. Joonmyun smiled tiredly and with a playful kick pushed the boy to raise up from his bed. “Good night, Sehunnie”

The two boys were almost peacefully going back to sleep when Sehun decided to visit the toilet and without a second thought threw the blanket away.

“Were you guys shopping?” Joonmyun asked suddenly, checking out Sehun’s outfit, especially the tight red t-shirt. The idols who had lived together ever since their trainee years knew each other’s wardrobes by heart.

“Err…yes…we were shopping.” Sehun said, disappearing in the toilet as quickly as possible, leaving Joonmyun sit on his bed with a suspicious glare.

Before going back to his room, Sehun glanced himself from the bathroom mirror. Even though it had been over an hour from his tragic crying scene his face still looked kind of swollen and red. His hair was like a ripped, rotten caricature of what it was when put up nicely. Overall, he looked like .

“You’re so young and blooming.” Donghae’s voice suddenly echoed in Sehun’s mind, giving him the goosebumps. He was definitely not blooming. He was a pathetic cry baby.

Sehun leaned his hands against the sink. He stared at his own skinny muscles showing through the light fabric of Donghae’s red shirt. The shirt kept on giving off a slight scent of Donghae; his house, his perfume. Donghae. Sehun was such a cowardly liar. He had really messed up the whole thing tonight; he didn’t deserve any warm feelings from a man like Donghae. The whole thing started already sounding a bit surreal in the boy’s head. Seriously…Donghae…liked him?

Sehun faced his own eyes in the mirror, smirked and whispered: ”Donghae, you have a bad taste in men.”

----------