Chapter 9b

Still You

“Are you okay? You’ve been there for like a century!” Donghae shouted from the hallway, knocking on the closed bathroom door. “Yes, yes!” Sehun answered quickly, suddenly rushing out of the door in such a way the shorter man almost lost his balance. “S-sorry!” Sehun giggled, glancing back at his mobile phone. Joonmyun did not answer and he did not know whether it was a good sign or not.  

“Did you send the message already?” Donghae asked, wrapping his arms around Sehun’s waist while glancing at the screen. “Yes.” Sehun admitted with a deep sigh. “It’s done.” “Great! It wasn’t that hard, was it?” Donghae kissed his shoulder affectionately while Sehun chuckled. “You can go to my bedroom already. If you need any clothes, feel free to borrow any of mine.” The older man patted the boy’s playfully before stepping into the bathroom.

Sehun cringed by himself, tiptoeing into the bedroom. After glancing his uncomfortable outfit from the mirror he decided that he could indeed borrow something that would be better suitable for sleeping. He came here to sleep after all…or did he? Sehun smiled by himself nervously, opening the mirror doors of the wardrobe carefully. Donghae’s clothes were in a synchronised harmony: there were no suspicious piles of unknown clothes to be seen like in the maknae’s own wardrobe. Sehun suddenly felt like he didn’t want to touch anything; just in case he breaks some kind of a super expensive unique fashion design product. Luckily at the bottom of the closet there was a tidy pile of more comfortable clothes, from which Sehun dared to pick a pair of grey jogging pants.

The boy was just about to take off his jeans when Donghae walked into the room. “Did you find anything?” He smiled warmly, smiling even more warmly when seeing what the boy had picked. “Those are my favourite trousers. I always wear them when I’m by myself.” The man admitted, sitting on the bed next to Sehun, a happy smile on his face. “Oh…sorry, I can borrow something else instead.” Sehun threw the pants back at Donghae like they would burn his hands. The older man laughed, throwing the pants back. “No, go on, I have plenty of other trousers as well.” Sehun nodded awkwardly, sitting next to Donghae while just staring at the trousers in his hands.

“Are you not going to change?” Donghae asked with a curious smile when Sehun seemed not to do anything, playfully sliding his fingers over the fabric of the boy’s shirt. Sehun smiled at him, blushing like a tomato. “I will…” He said quietly, not wanting to admit that he was awkward in changing clothes in front of other people and especially in front of Donghae. The fact that just today he had picked a pair of his perhaps most embarrassing underwear didn’t help the situation.

“Sehunnie…are you shying because of me?” Donghae chuckled quietly, smiling warmly at the boy who was shaking his head with an embarrassed smile. “No I’m not, I was just going to…” “You are! Aww, Sehun, there’s nothing you have to hide from me.” Donghae said sweetly, placing his hand on the younger one’s thigh. Sehun sighed and glanced at the older one looking so embarrassed that the man had to hug him. “Aish, just take the damn jeans off!” Donghae laughed, kissing Sehun’s ear.

A few whiles later they were lying happily under the sheets, Sehun making critical remarks of the room’s decoration. “…and that plant. Donghae, do you really like it or why is it here?” Donghae sighed and cuddled closer to the boy so that his head was basically lying on the younger one’s chest. “It was a gift.” He answered quietly. Sehun nodded, feeling like the moment was completely unreal. Was he really, like really really really in this reality cuddling up with Donghae in the man’s very own bed? The same, sweet Lee Donghae who he had been adoring from ever since his trainee days? How did it come to this? What happened?

“Sehun. I hope you haven’t planned any sleep for tonight.” Donghae said suddenly, turning around to face the boy with a meaningful smile. Sehun chuckled by himself, shaking his head in all honesty.