Chapter 13

Still You

“You guys ready to believe it? We have a free day tomorrow. A. Free. Damn. Day. I don’t even know what it means.” Baekhyun yelled out excitedly as soon as the group entered the dorm. He ran around in circles and grabbed Kyungsoo on the way - lifting the small boy up from the ground. “Wow, man, calm down.” Jongin said, shuffling both of their hairs while walking past. Sehun smiled quickly at s, remembering his own plans and suddenly feeling butterflies in his stomach.

The situation with sasaengs at EXO’s previous dorm had gone a bit too extreme and the group was now accommodating in temporary rooms inside the SM Building itself. It was the best option when considering security, but the boys had to now accept the fact that every time they entered or left the building their faces were bound to be found all around the internet: every single citizen in Korea new the location of the building and there was always a huge crowd surrounding the front door. This was a cheap prize, however, from being protected from crazy sasaengs breaking into their dorm and stealing their belongings.

Sehun walked into his room, which he was now sharing with Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. He sat down and saw how someone had followed him.

“You’re leaving already tonight?” Kyungsoo asked quietly while sitting on his own bed and taking out a small suitcase. Most of the boys were using the chance given by the free day by travelling to somewhere – for a holiday or to see their family and friends.

“No. I’ll sleep in here for the next night and leave in the morning. Just gonna visit my parents, nothing special.” “So you're not with Donghae?” Kyungsoo glanced Sehun surprisedly. Usually when the maknae left the dorm it was pretty easy to guess where he was going to.

“Well...he’s coming too.” Sehun admitted with a shy smile. “Oh…” Kyungsoo nodded with a slight smile. “I see." Sehun nodded and turned to lock his eyes on the floor instead. This was one of the few times he actually got to chat with Kyungsoo alone in their room without the presence of Baekhyun, who was one of the few members who still did not approve Sehun’s relationship and therefore caused some tension in the room. After a small awkward silence, Kyungsoo stood up and cleared his throat. "Good luck, Sehun." "Thanks." They smiled for each other once more before the older one walked out.

Sehun heard how the members left the dorm one by one, and soon he made an assumption he would be the only one left. After waiting for long enough, he entered the kitchen in order to have a lonely instant noodle dinner just to find lonely Luhan sitting in there. “Luhan…!” Sehun sighed confusedly, the hyung smiling back. “Sehun! I didn’t know there was still someone!” “Me neither!”

The two boys ended up sharing a bag of noodles, chatting about everything. For the first time after the scandalous events they were actually talking without the presence of other members.

“So…it seems like we both ended up having boyfriends.” Luhan said with a smile while stirring the boiling ramen soup. “Yes. Erhm.That....is kind of weird.” Sehun murmured shyly. “But it seems like things are getting better day by day, doesn’t it?” Luhan said cheerily, smelling the pan just to shake his head and keep on stirring. Sehun nodded with a slight bit of doubt in his eyes, lying against the kitchen table with letting the older boy to do the actual work.

Luhan sighed and turned the fire off. “It’s pretty twisted sometimes, when I think about it…not for you and Donghae hyung, but for me and Minseok…I mean, many of our fans are shipping us but I guess none of them could actually believe what it even is like to be involved in your group mate. And I sometimes wonder how many of the shippers would even actually accept our relationship if they knew it was true. It’s a completely different thing than writing fanfiction about us, or whatever they’re doing.” Luhan explained, smiling by himself. Sehun smiled too, handing the older boy a bowl. “Yeah, I know what you mean. But I bet no one does even ship me and Donghae.” “I’m sure someone does. There are all sorts of people, have you ever seen what kinds of ships they have?” “No, and I prefer not to.” Both boys laughed, somehow relieved of finally finding someone who understands.

That night Sehun went to bed feeling more confident than ever. Tomorrow was going to be the day he, Oh Sehun, was about to make a surprise visit to his parents with his boyfriend, Lee Donghae, and explain the situation right from the start until the very end. This was the least he could do: day by day Donghae was becoming the most important part of his life. He didn’t want to live in lie: he wanted his family to know every aspect of his life truthfully, even though it would make them go through so much more. Donghae hadn’t encouraged, or even mentioned, anything regarding to this idea: it was completely the boy’s own will.

Donghae, as an active Instagram user, updated his account often and Sehun couldn’t fall asleep before checking what his boyfriend had put in there today. The man was busy having a promotion event in China, but had arranged his schedule so that tomorrow morning he would be back in Seoul introducing himself to his boyfriend’s parents. Sehun smiled by himself when realising the man had actually uploaded a cute picture of himself doing that one certain type of a peace sign which had become like a secret code between the couple. The caption read: ”Miss you.”

Sehun chuckled by himself. “Isn’t he a bit too obvious?” Sehun and Donghae had started a habit that everyone around them knowing about their relationship found endlessly annoying: Instagram flirting. “It’s for the fans; they love seeing a cute sunbae-hoobae relatonship. Fanservice, fanservice…” was their explanation whenever someone blamed them from being too scandalous. The maknae smiled by himself, tidying up his hair a bit before taking a selfie with the same V-sign. Soon it was uploaded, Sehun captioning “Miss you too.” while cringing under the sheets. “Joonmyun is going to kill me once again” he giggled, tagging Donghae in the picture. Only few seconds later he got a notification telling Donghae had also tagged him in his picture. In the place of his heart.

The morning finally came, and Sehun felt like he’d never been more ready for coming out for his family. “Hwaiting!” He whispered by himself when hopping in the taxi. When the car stopped at the airport to catch his boyfriend, and Sehun saw his small figure walking happily from the terminal, the only thought in his mind was that his mother would definitely fall in love with the man. There was no way she couldn’t like him: Donghae was a true gentleman. The day would, without a doubt, be a success.

“I’m so nervous, to be honest.” Donghae admitted after entering the car and kissing his boyfriend. "What if they don’t like me? What if they start hitting me or something?” He said quietly, smirking while looking at Sehun with an estimating glare. “They will definitely like you. If they have succeeded in liking me they have no other chance than like you. And they don’t really hit people.” Sehun explained with a smile, patting Donghae’s thigh. “What’s that supposed to mean?” “That you’ll be fine.”

The taxi arrived soon at a pretty ordinary neighbourhood with small grocery stores, girls walking out their dogs and small groups of children playing around on the streets. “Is this where you used to play?” Donghae asked with an amazed smile, looking around him like he would’ve never seen an ordinary Korean neighbourhood before. The older idol had been raised in a rich family and must have been in many ways raised in a completely different environment.

They left the taxi in front of a completely ordinary white little house. The garden was surrounded by a run-down wooden fence, and the red post box had fallen down a long time ago but it had been turned around and re-used as a trash box. Sehun glanced his childhood home with a combination of shame and proudness. “Welcome to my home.” He said quietly, glancing his boyfriend with a smile. Donghae laughed, staring at his surroundings in amazement. “It’s my pleasure.”

Sehun and Donghae walked through the garden slowly, the older idol looking around him with an excited smile. The grass may have been cut recently, but otherwise the nature in the garden had gone pretty wild and not many efforts had been put in order to make it look like an organised place. Sehun remembered the garden always being like that; and that was the way he liked it.

Just behind the door, the couple glanced at each other one more time. “Are you ready?” Sehun asked Donghae, jerking his hand quickly. The man took a deep sigh, nodding with a confident smile. “Are you?” Sehun nodded quickly as well, smiling at his boyfriend one more time before knocking on the door.

No answer. It seemed like there was no one to open the door. “What if they aren’t even at home? I told you it would be wiser to inform them instead of just popping…” Donghae was starting to nag nervously just to stop when the door flew open.  

“S-Sehun? SEHUNNIE!” A short woman rushed out the house and wrapped her tiny arms around her skinny tall son. “Mom…” Sehun smiled confusedly, hugging his mother carefully. He glanced Donghae from the corner of his eye, seeing how the  man was smiling awkwardly. “Sehunnie! My little Sehunnie, we were worried because you had a free day and you hadn’t told us anything! So happy you came!” The mother giggled excitedly, twisting her son’s cheeks in a way that made the boy immediately embarrassed.

Sehun backed off from his mother a bit, pointing out at Donghae with a shy smile. “Mom…I came here with a friend. Mom, this is Donghae hyung. Donghae, this is my mother.” The woman turned to look at the man, first with an evaluating glance but her face brightening up when recognising the man.

“Lee Donghae! From Super Junior! Welcome, Donghae, as Sehun’s friend you are always welcome to our little modest house.” Sehun’s mother kept on bowing at the man. Donghae smiled charmingly and gave the woman a deep and respectful bow.

“Oh my dear Sehunnie, this is a bit unfortunate that we didn’t prepare for your visit. Why didn’t you just give me a call, you silly boy? I haven’t made you any of your favourite foods, and your father didn’t buy you bubble tea.” The mother hassled excitedly while welcoming the two men to step inside the house. Donghae and Sehun took away their shoes, Donghae making sure he made everything as politely as ever possible and going along with every single ancient tradition ever invented. The hallway was small and simple: besides the shoe shelf there was only an old family portrait hanging on the wall. Donghae had never thought Sehun would actually have spent his childhood in such a completely ordinary house.

“If you would’ve called me, Sehunnie, left a little message, I would’ve prepared a nice dinner for you and your friend! Now we’re only having tea because it happened that…” “We came here to see you, mom and dad, not the foods.” Sehun said, his mother hitting the boy's arm playfully. “Sehunnie, don’t play with food! You’re getting skinnier and skinnier every time you come! I can barely see you anymore!” The woman laughed, poking Sehun’s non-existent stomach. The woman glanced at Donghae who started politely laughing with her. “Noonim, Sehun does eat a lot, I can guarantee that to you,” he said, the mother nodding proudly and poking his son once more.

“Where’s dad?” Sehun asked, excitedly walking towards the living room door. His mother hurried after him. “Sehunnie, that’s what I was trying to tell you, we happen…”

Sehun stepped on the doorway with an excited face when seeing his father sitting in the same armchair in the corner he had sat ever since his childhood: nothing had changed from those times. But there was also someone else in the room, someone who didn’t belong in there. Sehun’s smile faded like it would have never even existed.

Tao was sitting on the floor next to the table, turning around to see who had entered the room.

“W-what….w-why?” Sehun gulped, glancing at his mother with eyes full of confusion and horror. “Zitao dropped by just an hour ago! Isn’t it just sweet of him to remember us - old people - like this!” The woman explained happily, patting Sehun’s back, not able to understand why he seemed so horrified from the sight of the group mate who used to be like the best friend for him.

Sehun looked at Tao with his mouth left wide open. Tao stared awkwardly a the table in front of him, looking like he would have wanted to disappear. “I-I…hi, Tao.” Sehun forced himself to greet his ex-lover, to act like everything was fine. Tao nodded with a fake smile, still not facing the people in the doorway. Sehun took a deep sigh and glanced at Donghae, who was secretly biting his lip behind him. This made things a bit more complicated…

After a few awkward whiles, all five people were sitting around the table, staring wordlessly how Sehun’s mother poured tea in their cups. Donghae noticed how sharp jaw line and small lips the woman had, reminding him immediately of her son. The mother had definitely charm, but her facial expressions were far more lively and warmer than Sehun’s. His way of behaving Sehun had definitely inherited from his father: even though the quiet man’s face wouldn’t have reminded that of his son’s, his cold and cool way to use it was definitely identical.

Sehun tried to keep calm, but his brain was mainly bursting with disappointment. There was no way they would carry out their plan, not now when Tao was here. With what rights did the boy just appear in his parent’s house? Why just today? What was he even thinking?

“Sehunnie, how come you didn’t know Zitao was coming in here? Aren’t you living in the same house anymore?” The woman asked after sitting down, sipping her tea immediately. Donghae politely waited for everyone else to grab their cups before touching his own: he didn’t want to seem impolite. Sehun’s father kept on staring the oldest idol suspiciously, Donghae nervously trying to smile back.

“I-I…we didn’t happen to mention it.” Sehun answered quickly, glancing the Chinese boy from the corner of his eye. Tao was all awkward and nervous, not even daring to raise his eyes from his cup of tea while nodding his head.

“Is this related to the fight you have had between your members? Zitao told us about it.” Sehun’s mother asked softly. Sehun gulped, his heart skipping a beat. What exactly had Tao already told his parents?

“N-no. This was not related to the fight.” Sehun mumbled confusedly, this time glancing his boyfriend for mental support. Donghae wasn’t even looking at him; the man was busy trying to sip his tea according to every single old table rule ever invented. Oh, you should just know that my family does not care about those things, Sehun thought by himself before glancing back at his mother.

“But is the fight any better? Sehunnie, why haven’t you told me anything about it? You always say everything’s fine and never has been better when you call.” The mother asked worriedly, looking first at Tao and then at his son. Sehun gulped, feeling seriously uneasy and out of breath. “I guess I never had time to tell. But I was about to tell, when visiting here. Today. I came here to talk about things. Many kinds of things.” Donghae nodded supportively. From his parent’s reactions, Sehun expected that the version of the fight Tao had described did not include the nastiest details. He glanced Tao, who was busy hiding his face in the cup. He has no idea what he is ruining with his presence, Sehun thought bitterly.

Sehun’s father, who had been quiet throughout the visit, suddenly opened his mouth. “Donghae, was it your name, young man?” “Yes, my name is Donghae.” The oldest idol nodded politely, feeling a bit disappointed as it seemed his boyfriend’s father didn’t really recognise him. “Is he…?” The man suddenly glanced his wife, getting an excited nod as an answer. “Yes…” “The fish?” “Yes…” “You’re from Super Junior, right?” Donghae nodded again. “Yes. I’m Super Junior’s vocalist, sunbaenim.” Sehun smiled by himself when hearing how formally his boyfriend was addressing his father. My dear, there is no need for that…

“Right. Vocalist. That means you must be good at singing. Unlike my son.” The father said rudely, glancing his son with a complete poker face.

Sehun almost choked in his tea, giving an insulted glance towards his father. “Dad, I’ve practiced singing! I’m better now!” “Don’t think too much of yourself, son.” The father started but Sehun’s mother sighed loudly at this point, playfully hitting his husband’s arm. “Don’t be too harsh on him, dear! We’re proud of you, Sehunnie, always remember that.” The woman said with a warm smile, looking at her son like he would be the most valuable treasure in the world, Donghae sharing her feelings while glancing his boyfriend from the corner of his eye.

“The proudness doesn’t cancel out the fact he must practice! How is it, Zitao, has our son been working hard on his singing?” The old man glanced the silent boy who calmly placed his cup back on the table before answering. “Yes. Sehun has been really hardworking on his singing, as well as on his dancing abilities. He’s really progressing day by day and we hyungs are really proud of him.” The boy said with a smile, flipping his blonde hair shyly.  Sehun was almost choking in his tea again. Why was Tao suddenly acting so nice?

After the tea break, Sehun’s mother started to hassle with the dishes and Sehun’s father left the house to buy some bubble tea for everyone. The three idols left in the living room were first chained by an awkward silence which was then broken by Sehun’s angry whispering. “Tao, what the hell?” Tao looked at Sehun with an apologising glance. “I’m sorry, I had no idea that you would be coming. I assumed you would spend the day with h-him…as always.” Tao whined quietly, his Korean coming out not as fluently as usually. He seemed really nervous and honestly apologetic. He saw how judgingly Donghae was staring at him and faced the floor again. “A-and I didn’t really know where to go! My family happens to be in China and your mother had called me a couple of days ago so I thought this would be a good idea. But I had no clue…t-this would happen.” “So you’re not here on purpose to ruin our visit?” “No way!” Tao defended, forgetting all about the low volume.

”What are you boys talking about?” The mother hurried back in the room with a rag, wiping the table. Everyone turned quiet as soon as she entered the room. “Nothing really.” Sehun murmured, glaring Tao furiously. “Sehunnie, why don’t you show the places for your friend Donghae? Zitao can help you in that, our little Zitao knows this place by heart.” The woman smiled warmly, patting the Chinese boy’s shoulder affectionately.  Tao forced a little smile for the woman and stood up with Sehun and Donghae.

“…and this is my room. Shamefully, yes.” Sehun ended the tour in his little room that was lighted up only by a small window in the ceiling. The room included, besides the bed, only a huge writing table and  boxes full of random items. The walls were decorated by a few pictures, drawings and inspirational quotes but besides these the room was empty; sadly reminding Donghae of a prison cell. “Oh. It’s cute.” He giggled, entering the room and looking around him approvingly.

Tao, who had been awkwardly following the couple around suddenly patted Sehun’s arm. “Sehun…seriously, I’m so sorry about this.” He apologised with a quiet, ashamed voice. Donghae turned around immediately when hearing him open his mouth, walking back in the doorway to stand by his boyfriend protectively.

“I-it’s okay. As long as you didn’t do it on purpose.” Sehun said, meeting Tao’s eyes for the first time in a long time. Tao nodded, forcing a slight wry smile on his face. Donghae grabbed Sehun’s arm like he was especially underlining the boy was his. Tao chuckled inaudibly, giving a wry little smile for Sehun. Sehun couldn’t help himself but smile back: so happy was he from the sight of Tao being himself again.

“What is with these kids?” Sehun’s father was suddenly standing next to them, carrying a huge plastic bag which gave off a delicious scent of freshly mixed bubble tea. Donghae sneakily let go of his boyfriend’s arm so not to seem suspicious. “We were having a house tour for Donghae hyung, dad.” The father glanced the three idols curiously, walking into the kitchen without another word.

Sehun decided to take advantage of Tao’s good mood before it was too late. “Donghae, could you go help my father with those? I’ll be there soon, I’ll just change a word with Tao.” Sehun explained quickly, leaning slightly down when talking to his boyfriend. Donghae nodded indifferently, leaving the hallway forcedly without looking at either one of the taller boys.

Sehun and Tao sat down on Sehun’s bed. “Is this your first time coming in here together?” Tao asked quietly while crossing his legs and glancing his ex-lover with a wry smile. “Yes.” Sehun answered, smiling back. “This is why we’re both so nervous.” Tao nodded empathetically, Sehun sighing and rubbing his hands together.

Tao leaned to glance at one of the quotes on the wall a bit closer. “You’ve changed that one.” He commented, looking at Sehun for confirmation. He got a plain nod as an answer. “Didn’t you use to have your own poem there? The one with the tree and the birds?” Again, he was answered by a nod. “I knew it!” Tao smiled happily, glancing at the younger boy. He got back a smile so small that wouldn’t have been most probably recognised as a smile by anyone else except Tao.

“Tao. A-are we okay now?” Sehun asked quietly, looking at the older boy with puppy eyes. Tao smiled, closing his eyes calmly while nodding, then opening them again. Sehun gave a happy smile, nodding back at the boy. Both laughed awkwardly. “So, I guess I finally give you two my blessing.” “You do?” “Yes. I’m pretty sure he makes you happy.” “H-he does. Believe me, he does.” “I believe you. You wouldn’t bring him here if he didn’t.” Sehun nodded, realising that Tao and Donghae were the only idols ever visiting his childhood home. Tao sighed wistfully.

“I wish you two good luck. I will be leaving now.” Tao suddenly stood up, Sehun following him immediately. “You are?” “Yes, Sehun, I can’t be bothering you here at a moment like this.” Tao laughed, Sehun sighed relievedly and joining his laughter. “Thank you. Tao, thank you.” “Anything for you, Sehun.” He said with a mysterious wink before leaving the room.

“Where was Tao leaving so suddenly?” Sehun’s mother asked while doing the dishes, Sehun standing next to her, drinking his bubble tea absentmindedly. “He had something important to do somewhere." Sehun mumbled indifferently even though the conversation between the two of them had lightened up his day in an unpredictable way. Now there was nothing in this world that would prevent him from doing what he was about to do. Donghae was chatting in the living room with his father, he was now alone with his mother. This would be a perfect moment to start the discussion, to first tell her and then…

“Sehunnie, do something, do not just stand there!” The mother leaned out a pile of dirty dishes in her son’s arms. “Mom, actually, I…”

“Noonim, there was still this one cup left in the living room.” Donghae suddenly stepped in the kitchen, leaning the cup for the  woman with a polite bow. “Thank you, Donghae, you’re so sweet.” Donghae bowed at her again, looking extremely pleased to hear those words from his boyfriend’s mother. He gave another quick smile for Sehun before turning around to leave the kitchen. However, he caught his boyfriend inaudibly forming the words “Stay with me!” on his lips. The older guy nodded quickly, sneakily hopping to stand next to Sehun.

“Hey, instead of just standing, you could just as well put these at their right places!” Sehun’s mother said with a loving smile, grabbing the dirty dishes from Sehun’s unemployed hands and giving a pile of clean dishes for both of them. Donghae bowed again and was about to actually start working before Sehun gave him a meaningful glance to stop. “Mom. I…we have something to tell you.”

The mother didn’t register the words at first, and only after few whiles turned around with the brush still in her hand. “Yes, Sehunnie?” “Mom…it’s just that…” Sehun started, glancing confusedly at Donghae, who looked just as nervous. The words he had practiced were nowhere to be found.

“Are you sick, Sehunnie? Please don’t tell me you have an incurable disease!” The woman sighed worriedly, taking her son’s pale hand into her own and looking at him in horror. “I’ve always known you can’t be so skinny and pale for no reason! “No, no, it’s nothing like that. It’s good news. For…me…at least.” “What is it then, honey?” The mother asked, finally sensing there was something weird going on. She glanced Donghae who was busy staring up at Sehun.

Sehun sighed, his heart beating like after a race. He took Donghae’s warm hand into his own sweaty palm, locking his eyes into the deep brown eyes before saying the words outloud.

“Mom…please don’t panic...but me and Donghae, we…we are not actually just friends, he is more to me than a friend…he’s my boyfriend…my partner…the one I love.” Sehun said tremblingly, afraid to look at his mother in the eyes. The words seemed not to fade but remain floating around the air. Donghae Sehun’s hand supportively, both men awkwardly staring at their own feet.

The kitchen was filled with a painful silence. The short mother was looking at the two men up with an expression that was the purified representation of surprisement. Sehun tightened his fingers around Donghae’s palm, realising he had now done something he could never undo.

“S-so…” Sehun’s mother whispered, now turning around and suddenly going back to her dishes. The young couple gave each other confused glances.

”Mom, don’t you have anything to say?” Sehun asked carefully, feeling a bit faint. The mother shook her head just as confusedly, not facing the two men. Donghae cleared his throat, deciding he should take some responsibility as well. “Noonim, we really hope you understand…I really care deeply for your son and I’m taking good care of him.” “Sehun…Donghae…let’s talk.” The mother turned off the tap and walked determinedly towards the living room.

Couple of hours later, after this family had gone through heated discussions and silences, they left the white house with exhausted expressions. Sehun looked even paler than usually and Donghae didn’t have the usual friendly smile on his face. Despite their looks, the couple was pretty happy about the way things took their turn.

“It could’ve been worse.” Sehun said plainly, glancing at his boyfriend after they’d departed from the gates and were slowly walking down the street, without an actual clue where they were going. Donghae smiled quickly; still feeling extremely nervous. He couldn’t recall many situations in his life where had been more of a wreck than today. “I guess.” Sehun glanced around the empty streets, grabbing the shorter man’s hand into his own one innocently. Donghae looked up to the younger boy and smiled again, quickly unlinking their hands when a car passed them.

The couple was slowly walking down the street, both in their own thoughts. “Sehun. I honestly think you’re the bravest person I know. Most people like us – they never come out of it this openly. Usually telling it to your parents is the most difficult thing. And you handled it so well.” Donghae looked up to his boyfriend admiringly. An old lady with a dog passed them, Donghae fixing his glance at his own feet so not to reveal with that kind of a loving way he habitually looked at Sehun.

“Aish, I could give anything to just hold hands with you or something”. The older man added when the woman was far enough, glancing at Sehun again. Sehun sighed, stepping closer to Donghae so that he could secretly make their fingers touch while walking.

“I guess it was because…I have always been really close with my family and…I wanted to share my happiness with them. To make them know I’ve found someone. And to be honest with them. I hate lying more than anything. Because I knew they would at some point accept me, because they love me.” Sehun explained quietly, suddenly realising that Donghae was the only person in the world that made the grumpy boy say such emotional things outloud. Donghae nodded respectfully. “I understand you. And, as your mother said, they had known it at some level ever since you were a child. Aish, I wish I could be just like you.”

Sehun glanced the shorter man in surprisement, slowing down his walking. “D-do you mean…how did you tell you’re…or have you ever told your parents…?” Donghae shook his head a bit shamefully. “Oh.” Sehun whispered quietly, becoming to realise that when the older man thought he was brave, he seriously meant what he said.

Donghae sighed. “I never felt like it was necessary. I was always kind of close with my father, but after he died – I just didn’t feel like there was any need to let my mother know. I don’t know, I feel like she has endured enough pain in her life already.” Sehun nodded, feeling somehow slightly disappointed in his boyfriend. “But I think this was a good idea, Sehun. I’m proud of us.” Donghae suddenly smiled at him, Sehun smiling back.

Donghae finally called his driver to drop by and drive the two wandering men back at Donghae’s place. The couple picked a cute, green bench in a deserted little dog park and sat down to wait for the ride. They sat as close to each other as possible without sitting on each other’s laps, trying to look innocent.  

“What did your mother say when she took you to your room?” Donghae asked, sneakily sliding his hand over Sehun’s back while changing his position. Sehun giggled inaudibly before answering, making the older man give him a curious glance. “W-what?” “No, she just asked me if I realised how old you were.” “Did she seriously think I am too old?” “Yes. And then she asked me whether I did this all just to get an access to your money.” “To my money!?!?” Donghae almost shouted, hiding his face in the younger boy’s shoulder. “Why would you want my money? You are an idol yourself, and soon a more famous one than I have ever been! Why would you need my money?” Sehun shook his head in amusement. “I don’t know. Her logic is not always followed by other human beings.” “Well, what did you answer?” “That I wasn’t after your money.” Sehun laughed, Donghae giving him a playful glance. “You sure?” “No, I just want to inherit your incredible wealth.” Donghae chuckled, hitting giggling Sehun’s thigh playfully.

Donghae sighed, still bothered by Sehun’s mother’s words. “What about my age? What did you say?” Sehun was silent for a while, humming confidently by himself.

“I told her that my mental age is on the same level with yours.” “YOU DID?!” Donghae screamed outloud, grabbing Sehun's arm like to beg he didnt let such things out of his mouth like that. Sehun giggled hysterically. “But that’s true, isn’t it? I’m twenty-eight, mentally.” Donghae pouted. “You’re like five, mentally.” “That means you’re five too.” Sehun winked playfully, both men laughing. They linked their hands sneakily under their jackets but inside their minds both were cursing the world for being such a place that that was all they could do right now.

 

-------------

A/N: Sorry for the little break between the updates, I hope you enjoyed ^^