Chapter 11

Still You

After starting to date Donghae, Sehun felt like never during his life had he taken part in so many parties and dinners and other social activities. The older idol was right from the start of their relationship very keen on bringing his boyfriend with him everywhere he went, up to the point Sehun sometimes became sick of socialising so much. He preferred their nights at Donghae’s place over anything else: the moments when the man dedicated himself for his boyfriend only. Unfortunately Donghae was very, very social and knew basically everyone in the show business, and Sehun had no other choice but to follow him from an event to another.

That night Sehun found himself in a restaurant with Donghae and a bunch of his group mates: Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun, Heechul and Heechul’s new Japanese boyfriend (Sehun had quickly learned that being gay in show business wasn’t that rare thing, after all, even though it was kept secret). Donghae always sat next to Sehun, secretly holding hands with him under the table or at least gently poking the boy’s legs with his feet throughout the dinner. These two had become infamously known among their friends as a very tacky couple: Kyuhyun once admitted that after Donghae met Sehun, he saw his group mate without the younger boy only while on stage.

The men were now enjoying the last bits of wine they had. Heechul, again, had already enjoyed a bit more than he maybe should’ve, and started to lead the conversation into…perhaps a bit unwanted directions.

“Donghae…you know…one day I started to think that what if we…back then, on those sweet days…would’ve actually got something between us? Imagine!” The red-headed man laughed, grabbing his Japanese boyfriend’s arm who had no clue what his love was talking about. Sehun glanced at Donghae awkwardly, just to see that the man wasn’t awkward at all. The boy had already learned to know the list of Donghae's ex lovers was much, much longer than he wished.

“Heechul. Admit it, we two would’ve never worked out.” Donghae said with an empathetic smile, Heechul smirking back ily. “But then you ended up with a jerk like Hyuk! Oh, but of course now I mean Sehun. But Sehun, you’re not a jerk. He’s a sweet boy, good choice, Donghae, good choice.” Heechul laughed, nodding quickly at Sehun like to give him an official approval. “I know.” Donghae sighed, looking up at his Sehun proudly. Sehun smiled quickly, glancing around the restaurant just to make sure no one could see the way Donghae played with the fabric of Sehun’s jeans under the table.

Heechul seemed to be on fire. “And Hyuk…I remember you back then. You, you…told me that there was nothing in this world that would make you, you know, become attracted to someone like Hae. You ranted with me for hours how he was too cheesy and sweet for you - and what happened? Aren't we all just crazy people?" Heechul laughed, raising his glass towards Eunhyuk before gulping it down with one shot. “Talk only for yourself.” Eunhyuk said, pretending to be angry but then glancing at Donghae with a smile.

Sehun bit his lip. It didn't help that he knew Eunhyuk was only an ex-boyfriend, it didn't help that he knew Donghae was his now - he couldn't stand the way these two looked at each other.

“When I first saw her, I was like…like…hell no! But actually, she was pretty nice when getting to know her.” Heechul seemed to be explaining something about one ex-girlfriend of Donghae’s whose name remained as a mystery.  Sehun felt how his whole body started filling up with anger and jealousy. He tried to pretend to be looking at the paintings on the wall, but was pulled into the conversation after hearing his own name.

“But my dear Hae. H-how…please, tell me…what did you to win this hottie?” Heechul laughed amusedly while pointing at Sehun. “Sehun! Like, has anyone ever told you…you’re like a perfect combination? Like your face, it’s perfect! And your shape…just damn. And you seem like a good boy, shy and quiet. Like, everything! Damn, I’m jealous! He’s the perfect package! Donghae, tell us what kind of tricks you used to capture him.” Heechul said excitedly, pointing at the youngest boy without shame like he would be some kind of a show animal. Sehun gulped uneasily when all the eyes were suddenly fixed on him.  

Donghae took the boy’s hand into his own under the table when realising Sehun had frozen completely. “He’s too shy to admit it, but he knows he’s perfect. I’m there always making sure he knows it.” Sehun glanced at him embarrassedly, Donghae looking like he was in a desperate need of a kiss. Sehun felt more like hiding under the table.

“How did I win this boy? It’s a mystery.” Donghae started answering Heechul’s question, laughing quietly by himself when realising how awkwardly Sehun was staring  at his shirt instead of his face. “But whatever it was, it is the best thing that has ever happened to me.”

“Aww…” Kyuhyun laughed, Heechul grinning disgustedly at Donghae’s cheesiness. “More like eww…” Eunhyuk didn’t say anything but just kept on smiling.

The night continued by the troupe, except for Kyuhyun, leading into a rather famous night club just in the centre of Seoul. Sehun, who had never been on an actual night club before felt awkward already in front of the entrance. “Who are we waiting?” He mumbled from inside the collar of his thick wool coat, not willing to expose his face to the chilly November wind. “Changmin and Yunho. They asked us to wait for them.” Donghae explained, pulling the tall boy away from the street where he was blocking the way of innocent by-passers.

Heechul and his boyfriend were too impatient to wait outside and had already rushed inside the building. Eunhyuk was quietly chatting something with Donghae, the two close friends laughing loudly while leaving Sehun stand next to his boyfriend like a complete idiot. The boy found himself just staring at the people walking past them uninterestedly. There was nothing he felt less like doing right now than to continue hearing stories about his boyfriend’s wild past. It broke his heart – time after time – to hear about a new ex, about a new love affair of him. Everyone seemed to know that he had had many, everyone seemed to think Sehun was just another face in the list. The only reason Sehun did not leave back to the dorm was that Donghae had promised to have him sleeping over at his house – a way he always used to attract the boy to go out with him. Now, Sehun had no other choice than just wait patiently until the moment there would be just him, Donghae and the bed.

When Changmin and Yunho finally arrived, they bought attention to themselves with their incredible height and the five idols were suddenly in middle of group of fans recognising them and begging them for pictures and signatures. Luckily Donghae and Eunhyuk knew the place already and lead them into a private entrance on the side of the building.

Changmin and Yunho walked quickly past the doorman with cool nods, Eunhyuk and Donghae smoothly following them  in. Sehun, who got stuck with a young fan girl confessing her love to him, tried to hurry behind them but was stopped by the huge, muscular doorman. “And you were…?” Sehun bowed hurriedly to the man. "I’m Oh Sehun, I came here with the men that just went in.” “How stupid do you think I am? How many Oh Sehun’s like you do you think comes here every night trying to sneak in? What men? Try harder, kid, and come back when you’re legal.” The man said angrily, shewing the confused boy from the door.

Just when the coldly dumbed Sehun had raised his phone to call Donghae the man rushed from inside the dark, noisy building looking extremely worried. Before the doorman did have time to even realise what was happening, he had grabbed the tall boy’s hand into his own and pulled him in behind him.

“How come I lost you already!?!” Donghae laughed in unbelief, apologised Sehun with puppy eyes, hanging tightly on his arm like making completely sure the boy would not just randomly disappear again.

The club was exactly like Sehun had always expected: the dance floor was full of wildly dancing people, everything was filled with flashing colourful lights and the music was extremely loud. Sehun kept on staring the place with his mouth slightly open, being pulled by his boyfriend through the crowd.

Donghae led them into a separated loft in the upstairs of the club: an intimate little room with a long, led-lighted table and colourful couches surrounding the room, the windows giving a comprehensive view over the dance floor. Yunho and Changmin were sitting at the back of the room with two guys and a girl Sehun couldn’t name, Heechul and his boyfriend kissing in the other corner.

“Where’s Hyuk?” Sehun heard Donghae immediately asking from Yunho, the man shrugging his shoulders. Donghae, still pulling his boyfriend after him, sat down on the nearest couch and smiled at Sehun quickly. “Make yourself comfortable, I have to go find Eunhyuk” Donghae talked in his ear, Sehun shaking his head disapprovingly. “Don’t leave me alone!” He took the man’s hand when he was standing up. Donghae looked a bit annoyed, leaning down to talk to Sehun again. “Let’s not wake too much attention, huh? Wait me in here.” Donghae practically commanded his boyfriend, shuffling his dyed hair quickly before disappearing from the room.

There Sehun was, once again, sitting awkwardly with people he barely knew. He had talked with Donghae about this many, many, many times: he hated being left alone. But there Donghae went again – putting Eunhyuk in the first place. What about me, Sehun cursed inside his mind.

“Sehun…are you even off age yet?” Changmin suddenly leaned over the table to talk with the abandoned boy. “Yes I am!” “Seriously? How come I thought you’re so much younger?” Changmin laughed, Sehun shaking his head awkwardly.

“Why aren’t you drinking anything?” An unknown man sitting next to Sehun suddenly leaned forwards, ordering the boy a drink with a one meaningful wave of hand from one of the by-passing waitresses. Sehun tried to smile politely. “I’m not drinking, thank you.”  “Come on, don’t be shy. It’s for you.” The man smiled while the waiter brought a huge yellow drink with orange slices, smiling at Sehun meaningfully while raising his own glass. “T-thanks.” The boy gave a shy, surrendering nod and grabbed the drink from the table. He happened to glance at Heechul and his boyfriend's direction, wondering how brave they had to be in order to fool around in such a public place as this.

Then he saw how Donghae rushed from the door with Eunhyuk and two short girls, all laughing happily.  Donghae sat back down next to Sehun, wrapping his arm sneakily around him in a way that could not be seen by others. He caressed Sehun’s back with his fingers but kept on chatting with one of the girls. Donghae kept on laughing loudly for something the girl said, and she playfully hit Donghae’s shoulder before bursting into uncontrollable series of giggles. Sehun rolled his eyes, suddenly meeting the eyes of the man next to him - the one who had offered him the drink..

“You’re too sober for this loft.” The man teased the boy playfully, winking while pointing at the untouchable drink in his fingers. “Not for long.” Sehun sighed out, giving up and taking a huge gulp of the drink and smiling at the man.

While Donghae kept on entertaining the two girls, Sehun started entertaining the handsome mysterious man who seemed to be keen on talking to him. It turned out that the man was a background dancer from Thailand and had been working with TVXQ! lately. He was really nice, and Sehun actually found him funnier and funnier as the drink in his glass disappeared.

At some point the dancer patted Sehun’s shoulder friendly, whispering in his ear: “I must go visit the bathroom. Let’s continue where we left when I come back.” Sehun nodded with a happy smile: for once he had succeeded in socializing.

Sehun felt the fingers that had been resting on his back all this time suddenly tickling him. He glanced at his boyfriend who, for Sehun’s surprisement, was staring at him with a silly face. Donghae smiled at him, his eyes wandering down the boy’s lips, the man slowly his own lips. He gave Sehun a meaningful glance and chuckled by himself. Sehun raised his eyebrows, looking awkwardly around them just in case someone might’ve noticed the man’s eye game.

“You having fun?” Donghae leaned out to whisper into Sehun’s ear, teasingly breathing against his neck a few times before forming the words, making Sehun giggle like a girl. The younger boy pointed at the two empty glasses in front of him, Donghae’s eyes popping out from surprisement. Since when the boy had started drinking?

“Wow-wow-wow! How drunk are you already?” Donghae laughed, waving his hand in front of Sehun’s eyes, shaking the boy back and forth from his shoulder playfully. “Drunk enough.” Sehun said and kissed the man’s cheek innocently. He quickly brought his hand to cover his own mouth, surprised by his own actions as much as his boyfriend.

Donghae laughed, and after taking a careful check on who were in the room he suddenly the couch to completely face the boy, grabbing the front of his shirt with both hands and kissing him straight on the mouth passionately. Sehun shot his eyes open, mumbling nonsense against his boyfriend’s lips, causing himself to fall on his back on the couch, Donghae half-lying on him.

“Donghae? What the hell?” Yunho and Changmin laughed amazedly while staring at the man who had for a moment disappeared under the table and was now dragging himself up, his fingers still grabbing the front of the younger idol’s shirt. Donghae laughed, leaning back down to help Sehun up. Yunho and Changmin shared a confused glance, looking back at Donghae with their mouths open. “What?” Donghae laughed, looking at the people around them without any regrets. “I have all rights to do that with my boyfriend, am I right?” He said, Sehun smiling nervously without being able to look anyone in the eyes.

Changmin sighed from relief and started clapping his hands. ”Your boyfriend? Ahh…..that explains a lot, actually…” He laughed, Yunho facepalming himself with a smile next to him. “I didn’t know you guys were together! Aish, what a misunderstanding! You don’t know how much did I get scared for poor little Sehun, I thought you were going to start randomly  him or something!” Changmin explained, everyone close to them except Sehun laughing their asses off.

The door flew open and Eunhyuk stepped in with some female idols. Donghae abandoned his boyfriend again to go hug the girls, his place soon taken by an unknown man. The loft started to be full of people, and the private feeling it had when they first arrived was gone. The atmosphere started to be hot and sweaty, and somehow it seemed like even the volume of the music was getting louder and louder every minute.

It didn’t take long for people to start dancing, making the small room seem even smaller. Sehun was happy to withdraw from such activity in the far corner of the couches: he didn’t really feel like dancing for fun now when he did it for money. Besides this, his head felt uncomfortably dizzy and he didn’t want to end up doing anything stupid. “No more alcohol for me.” Sehun whispered by himself, pushing all the drinks on the table disgustedly further from himself.

However, the boy’s wish was soon crushed by his boyfriend. Donghae leaned over the table, giving out his hand for the boy. “Come on! Dance!” He shouted excitedly, Sehun mentally refusing but nearly automatically reaching for the man’s hand and following him.

Donghae pulled him in middle of the mass of people partying in the loft: it seemed like the number of them increased all the time. He pulled the boy close to himself, Sehun feeling uncomfortably clumsy and tall in between all the jumping people. He glanced confusedly down at his boyfriend, whose body was teasingly pressing against his. Donghae was giving him a witty look. “Hey, don’t pretend, I know you can dance.” Donghae stood on his toes to reach the boy’s ear, teasingly grabbing Sehun’s with his hands. Sehun laughed by himself, realising nothing they were doing would actually be seen by anyone through the crowd. “You asked for this.” Sehun leaned down to breath in Donghae’s face before turning around and starting to show off with his hidden stripper skills. Donghae gulped and tried not to smile too widely.

Their dancing, which was perhaps getting a bit too inappropriate for the loft, was soon interrupted by Eunhyuk. The man appeared suddenly from somewhere and leaned to whisper something in Donghae’s ear, trying to forget the sight of what he had just seen. Donghae nodded quickly, looking a bit serious while brushing his sweaty hair from his forehead. Sehun looked down at the two older idols without a clue what was happening. Eunhyuk took Donghae’s hand into his own, starting to pull the man away from the crowd. Sehun, immediately frightened by the sight grabbed Donghae’s remaining arm and joined the chain.

Eunhyuk dragged the couple to sit on the couches, starting to intensively whisper something which seemed like a long story in Donghae’s ear. Sehun sat there, again left alone, the burning jealousy back stronger than ever before. Eunhyuk knew right well that Donghae was his now, why was he acting like he owned the man?

Suddenly Sehun felt a pull on his other arm. “Hello, sweetie, found you!” The hot Thai dancer was back, smiling at the idol dazzlingly. “Wanna see me on the dance floor?” He asked with a bright smile, pulling Sehun in the crowd without giving him another option. Sehun glanced quickly at Donghae, who seemed not to even notice that he had walked away. Bitterly, Sehun bit his lip and let the man lead him on the dance floor.

It didn’t take too many moments for Sehun to realise that the Thai dancer was being way too seductive on him, dancing way too close to him, his hands in way too wrong places…

And the next thing the boy realised was Donghae standing next to him, staring at the drunk man grinding against Sehun first with a complete poker face. Then, with a sudden sneaky movement he slid his body between them, his face towards Sehun.

“What is happening?” Donghae asked half-laughingly, half-seriously from Sehun who was about to lean down to explain when Donghae was pulled away.

“Excuse me, I was having a dance with him.” The drunk dancer stated cockily, seemingly not understanding who Donghae was to Sehun. He grabbed Sehun closer from his waist with both hands, seductively running his hand down the skinny boy’s chest. Sehun cringed, trying to free himself but…

Donghae pulled the man away faster than the speed of light, grabbing his shirt aggressively and pushing him out from the crowd. Sehun ran after them in panic, cold shivers going through his body. Was he really this drunk not to realise what the man had been after throughout the night?

“…well excuse you, with what rights are you touching him like that?” Donghae spat out angrily, pushing the man against the loft’s outer wall. “Who do you think you are?” The dancer cried out, trying to shew the small man away without success: Donghae was much stronger than he looked. Sehun ran next to them, placing his hands on Donghae’s shoulders. “Donghae, calm down, I think he didn’t know…”

“I am his boyfriend, understood? Don’t touch something that is not yours!” Donghae kept on talking with a low, angry voice, staring at the man in front of him, still not letting go of the the front of his shirt.

“How was I supposed to know he had a boyfriend? He didn’t say anything! And you weren’t especially missing him, weren’t you? A good relationship you guys must have.” The man yelled out exhaustedly, causing Donghae’s fist to rise up. Sehun gulped in panic and tried to talk sense for his boyfriend, but…

“Donghae, it’s not worth it. You’re drunk.” Eunhyuk’s calm voice suddenly appeared from middle of nowhere, forcing Donghae to immediately let go of the man. The dancer gave them all one more horrified glance before disappearing into the crowd.

Sehun stared at Eunhyuk calming down Donghae, talking something quietly at his ear. Donghae was nodding, breathing deeply while still looking down at the floor. He was calming down. Eunhyuk seemed to know how to handle Donghae.

Trying not to start crying, Sehun left the two men alone and ran into the closest bathroom.

---------------

 

A/N: Warning.......a horribly cheesy and fluffy scene coming up :3