♡ 014. Piano Man [ Xejoon ]

《 ☆ ♡ Kpop Tales ♡ ☆ 》

AN: Ok I wrote this because 1. there isnt enough TD fics out there and 2. if you dont already know by the title, I wrote this based off of Mamamoo's Piano Man. I was thinking of changing the charas but I deicded to leave this as a Xejoon fic. Now its been a while since I last wrote one of my stories but I am back after a long time with a few ideas, this fic being one of them that I had in mind. So.. I hope you enjoy, reader!

 

+ Gongchan isnt in this so that isnt the reason why that gif is there

__________________________________________________________________________

 

The sound of the cold wind and footsteps are the only things heard on one dark lonely night on the streets of Seoul. The footsteps belonging to a young male who wore a black suit, a matching black fedora and shiny suade shoes to go with. This look making him blend in with the darkness as he headed towards his destination. As he walked he scanned at the buildings that were next to him, looking for a certain one that he needed to be at tonight. Continuing to scan he then came across a glowing sign on one of the small buildings. He stopped in front of it and looked up, this building happened to be a bar. The man then entered the bar and heard the small chatter of people hanging around the bar for whatever reason they were there on a night like this. 

 

He could already smell the light scent of alcohol in the air as he stood by the door. This man wasnt here to drink though. Nope, he was actually the entertainment for tonight. In fact, he was called here to play music to lighten the mood of this exact bar. Going over, the man walked up to a big grand piano and took a seat at it. He made himself comfortable and cracked his fingers before gently touching the keys with his fingers. The man began to play a nice calming tune on the very instrument that was in front of him. Becoming one with the music, he closed his eyes while his fingers did all the work of bringing the sound of the lovely melody to fill the atmosphere of the room. 

 

The sound of the chatter he heard earlier had dimmed down as people brought their attention to the man centered in the middle of the room. While the man was playing, he heard the short comments being whispered in the audience. Mainly they were positive ones like " waahh hes good " " is he famous? " " hes a pro ". The man mentally smiled while he continued to play, his attention and concentration on the song never leaving him. Behind one of the bar counters stood another young male named Hojoon who happened to work at the bar. Since there was no one coming to him wanting to order drinks at the moment, Hojoon stood there leaning over the counter, his eyes on the man playing music in the center of the room. 

 

" wow.. " Hojoon whispered to himself before someone appeared next to him. " hes something, isnt he? " a voice said. Hojoon looked over to see someone with brown hair who was around, maybe even younger than his age who also worked behind the counter " Hey Hansol " he said. Hansol smiled and leaned over the counter, glancing over towards the musician. " I heard that guy is one of the most talented piano players in Seoul " Hansol told Hojoon " really now? " he responded. Hansol nodded with a hum. " His name is Jiho but he goes by Xero " he added. Hojoon tilted his head in wonder, staying quiet as he was trying to think on why this man was known by a name like that. " No one exactly knows why hes called that.. Some say its cause he was a nobody before- cause Xero is pronounced as zero- and hes trying to work his way to being number one- " hojoon cut him off " I think hes already there " he chuckles. Hansol laughs softly before continuing " yeah true, others say he just liked how the name Xero looked, like, spelling wise.. Again, no one really knows " 

 

Hansol wanted to continue talking to Hojoon but his talk was cut short by a man who approached the counter and slammed down some money on top of it. " i got this " Hansol lightly nudged hojoon before walking away, leaving Hojoon alone to continue staring at Xero. Once Xero ended the song he was playing, the audience clapped as Xero stood up and bowed before walking over to the bar to get a quick drink. Hojoon saw him coming and started to act like he was working and he wasnt staring at him at all. " May I get you anything, sir? " hojoon asked him. Xero took a seat and took out a few dollars from his pocket " just get me some water " he ordered. Hojoon nodded and went to pour some water into a glass for him. 

 

" heres your water, sir " hojoon set the full glass of water down in front of Xero. " thanks " xero said before picking up the glass and drinking down the clear liquid. He finished it off with a sigh then got up heading back over to the piano to play another song. After Hojoon saw the man up close, Hojoon thought to himself that Xero was actually pretty good looking. He had a set of eyes that could make anyone get caught in a trance, a voice that would make people swoon, lucious blonde hair that made you wanna run your fingers through and light milky skin that looked smooth as ever. Just thinking of xeros features in his head made Hojoon start to go red. He snapped himself out of his daze and fanned himself to make his skins color go back to normal. " snap out of it, hojoon.. do not become distracted by that man.. " Hojoon took one last glance at xero and sighed before getting straight back to work.

 

The night ended just like that after xero played his last song. He stood up and bowed to the audience one last time before all the people exited out of the building. Xero walked over to Hojoon again and crossed his arms, leaning over the counter " Hey, may I come back tomorrow night? " he asked him. Hojoon looked over, his eyes widened slightly at who was standing in front of him. " Oh..umm..yeah, why? " he asked back. Xero shrugged " im an entertainer, I like to..entertain people~ " he lowered his voice with a smug smile on his face. Hojoon didnt know exactly what he meant by entertainment but the thoughts that occurred in his mind made him blush. 

 

" Hey, you feeling alright? " Xero asked concerned. " your face is red " xero went to go feel hojoons face but hojoon backed up a few steps " I- im fine, no need to worry.. " he smiled lightly. Hojoon really wanted to hide his face right now but he knew he couldnt. Hansol ended his shift early so he wasnt here to save him. It was just him and the piano man. " well I better get going so.. see you tomorrow umm.. " xero looked at the name tag pinned to Hojoon " .. hojoon.. " xero said then waved to hojoon before exiting out of the building. Hojoon stood there dumbfounded " ..piano man.. " 

 

The next night came quickly. Hojoon walked into the bar and went behind to counter. His shift didnt start yet since he was early so in the meantime he began to wipe down the counter. Hojoon heard the door open as the bell that was hanging above it rang. He looked up to see the same piano man that was here last night. Hojoon froze, words caught in his throat. Xero looked over and saw hojoon " oh hey! Hojoon! " he smiled brightly, walking over to him. " You are here early " hojoon told him. " well its better to be early than late, right? " Xero said. He did have a point there.. " You here early too? " he added. Hojoon nodded " mhm, just to clean up a bit before I start my shift " he told him before turning his back on xero to clean out some of the glasses. Xero stood there quietly, watching him trying to think of what else to say. Xero was a bit shy around Hojoon cause he didnt know the exact words to say, that was the same case with Hojoon. Could it be that they started to have feelings for one another even though they just met each other yesterday? Both of them didnt believe in love at first sight because there was no such thing. But can it really be real?

 

Taking a deep breath, Xero began to speak again " Hojoon, I- " the sound of people entering the bar cut him short " oh,people, Xero, tell me later ok? " Hojoon said. Xero blinked a few times before nodding and going over to the piano. What Xero wanted to say to Hojoon was important but it looked like he had to wait. Xero sat down at the piano, looking over at Hojoon behind the counter who waved at him and gave him an encouraging smile. Xero smiled before looking down at the piano keys and starting to play a song. As he was playing, the words he wanted to say to Hojoon kept playing in his head, bothering him and not making him fully focused on what he was supposed to do. Suddenly stopping, Xero abruptly stood up and walked over to Hojoon. " Xero, what are you doing? You are supposed to be- " Hojoon was cut off by something or matter of factly, someones soft lips on his. Hojoons eyes widened seeing that those lips that were pressing against his were Xeros. Hojoon felt his heart beat faster and felt his face heat up when Xero pulled away. " X-xero.. " he whispered while lightly touching his lips. 

 

" Hojoon.. im just gonna say now what I wanted to tell you earlier. I like you. I know its sudden but- theres just something about you that, I dont know, makes me feel weird when I see you or when im even around you. One reason why I wanted to come back tonight was to see you again. I miss seeing your face. I couldnt sleep last night cause I was thinking about you. " he confessed. Hojoon stood there, speechless at Xeros words. " You can accept my confession or reject it, I dont care. But I do hope you pick the first option because im in love with you, Hojoon. " he added. The audience behind Xero was shocked at the sudden scene. Whispers could be heard amongst the people. Hojoon thought for a minute on what to say about Xeros love towards him. " Xero, I.. I like you too.. and I kinda wanted to say the same thing. Well not exactly like how your confession was but, im sure you get what I mean. " he chuckles nervously. " When I first saw you, I thought you were a wonderful sight to behold, not to mention hearing you play those beautiful melodies that ring through my ears while you play them on that piano. Honestly, at first, you were a stranger to me till a co-worker of mine told me about you. And I wanna know more about you so.." Hojoon trailed off " So..? Does that mean you wanna be mine? " Xero continued for Hojoon. Hojoon looked down embarrassed, nodding his head. Xero smiled " I'll take that as a yes then " 

 

The audience awed at the newly formed couple " You should uh- get back to playing.. " Hojoon smiled, motioning his head towards the piano. " oh! Right... got it " Xero winked playfully at Hojoon before heading back over to the piano to finish playing the song he started earlier. Hojoon smiled to himself as he listened to Xero play and glanced over at him from time to time. This was a night that Hojoon wouldnt forget. This night being the night where Xero confessed his love to Hojoon.

 

" Saranghae.... piano man "