27; It'll Rain

My Sister Hates You.

 

Chapter: It’ll Rain

YeongHee looked around her room to make sure she had everything and forgot nothing. The day was finally here; she was moving back to New York City. All her friends and family were waiting for her downstairs. She really didn’t want to leave like this; but at the same time, she had to go…for many reasons. She dragged her last piece of luggage and met with the sad faces that were waiting for her in the front yard. Jiyong put the suitcase in the car as YeongHee said her goodbyes.

 

She started to tear up because yet again she had to say goodbye to her mother. As she hugged them one bye one, JiHwa and Taemin were on the verge of crying. She embraced Tama, and whispered, “Don’t cry, you’re a big boy.” She smoothed out his hair gave him one last smile. All that was left was Jonghyun. She didn’t even know where to begin. There was so much she wanted to say. Like starting off by wishing for his eternal happiness. However, she knew in the end, all that she would say would be a simple goodbye. He was staring hard at the concrete sidewalk.

 

“Jonghyun”, she said softly. There was no response, not even a movement of any kind.

 

“Bye”, she said anyway. YeongHee started walking to the car, which Jiyong was leaning against. Before going in to the car, she turned around and gave one last wave and they eagerly waved back.

 

They drove in silence because Jiyong already knew what was wrong; he just chose not to say anything about. Then, he took back his decision.

 

"Till the very end you won't tell him you love him. You're pride is that big of a deal huh?"

 

"It's not about pride. It's about feelings and friendship. If I tell Jonghyun how I really feel then there is a possibility that our relationship will be ruined and I would never be able to face him afterward. It's more complicated than you think it is, Jiyong", YeongHee angrily stated.

 

“Ok…I’m sorry”, Jiyong was surprised at her sudden anger. The rest of the car ride was silent as the made their way to the airport. YeongHee really felt like jumping out of the car and running back home; or at least crying. However she knew she could do neither of the two. Like a big girl, she would have to swallow her tears and keep moving forward on a path that no longer consisted Jonghyun and the others. She would regret this decision for the rest of her life.  

 

________________

Anybody still out there? =(