Result Of The Love Letter

Natural Enemies

N awoken with bags under his eyes. He couldn't sleep last night with Ken's request on his mind. He sat up with a groan and reached to his right but it was empty so he got out of bed.

It was another day of soccer practice and it just happened to have to be today. When he was at his worst. He checked his phone. 
 

Hyuk: Good news Ravi is our friend again!
 

N's breath staggered. His bedroom door opened. 
 

"Yeonnie? You awake?" He looked up and smiled. 
 

"Oh. There you are. I thought you left for work." Eunyoung smiled warmly and handed him a mug. He held out his hand but she moved it from his grasp and stuck her face out. 
 

"Kiss first~" She said cutely. N planted a sweet kiss on her cheek until she handed the mug to him when she was satisfied. He accepted it and placed it on the bedside table as she took a seat beside him. 
 

"Did you sleep well last-ah!" She screamed as N tackled her onto the bed. He had her in a tight hug and placed his lips against her ear. 
 

"I did. And I won't be home until nine tonight because I have soccer practice." She pushed him so they'd be sitting up. She poked the tip of his nose. 
 

"Okay. But if Hyuk needs you to stay the night again then tell me cause I was worried sick." N smiled and gave her a peck on the lips. 
 

"Yeah. I won't forget." He turned and hurriedly put his school uniform over his boxers and white tee. Eunyoung smiled brightly and crossed her legs. 
 

"You look so cute." N turned to her. 
 

"What do you mean? You see me wear this every day." 
 

"No I don't. You've got a bed head, silly." N felt his hair, making Eunyoung laugh. "Were you going to leave the house like that?" N blushed and grabbed his comb from the cabinet. "Come here, Hun. I'll do it for you." She suggested with bright eyes full of laughter. N handed her the comb and bent down before her, snuggling against her legs. She giggled as she combed his hair. 
 

"Hey." 
 

"Hm?" She hummed in reply. 
 

"I need help making a decision." 
 

"What is it?" N hesitated. 
 

"Umm. You remember Ken?" She nodded. 
 

"Yeah. Weren't you two not friends anymore?"
 

"That's the thing. He wants to be friends again but...I don't know if I should say yes." Eunyoung stopped and cupped N's face. She rose it so she could see his face. 
 

"What did Ken do to you to make you so unsure of yourself?" She asked. N froze and glass broke. Ken hadn't actually done anything horrible except not talk to him. 
 

"You're right." N said, before kissing Eunyoung's soft lips. He lingered the kiss but once he pulled away, he thanked her. "I love you." Then he was out the door with his mug. 

 

"But you're not done yet!" She yelled out hastily after him but there was no reply. "I love you too!"
 

 

 

 

Minah searched for Taekwoon but couldn't find him. Usually he'd be the one to find her first but this time he never showed up. The warning bell rung so she hurried to class but she knew she was going to get lectured about losing her backpack. When she got in, everyone was staring at her. 
 

"Miss Bang. Please step over to my desk." Her teacher said. She did as she was told and her female teacher pulled out a familiar backpack from underneath her desk. She handed Minah's backpack to her.
 

"There was a senior boy rushed to the hospital this morning. The last thing he said was to give this to you and that he was sorry. Now, please take a seat." She said. Minah dropped her backpack and dashed out the door. Her teacher sighed and knew that was eventually going to happen so she picked up the backpack and put it back where she got it, then started class. 
 

 

 

 

Minah ran down the long halls, past tardy teens and staff members that told her to slow down. She ran out of the main gate and down the road. The hospital was close. It was only about a mile away so she sprinted there.
 

 

Hongbin groaned as he sat in his seat. 
 

How could his life go so down hill but up hill at the same time?
 

He's now stuck in a deal he never agreed to with Hyuna and Ravi. Ravi might not be able to play for the team from what Ken told him last night. But it was all made up for because he possibly had Minah again.
 

The bell rung and he started for his next class but was cornered by none other than Hyuna. 
 

"Meet me at the cafeteria during lunch. I have a plan." She said, then turned and walked off. Hongbin dusted his back. 
 

She could've just told him instead of cornering him like she was going to mug him. Just then, something hits his side. 
 

"Ow!" He looked up to see Ken. "What was that-"

 

"You know what."
 

"What? What did I do-?"
 

"Leo's in the hospital." He muttered, a little pissed off. "Did you talk to him at all last night?"
 

"No."
 

"What'd you say to Minah?" 
 

"Stop interrogating me. I didn't do or say anything." Hongbin protested. Ken growled then turned to look at the ground. 
 

"Then why the hell would he do something as crazy and stupid as that?" He questioned himself. Hongbin frowned.
 

"Why is he in the hospital?" He asked. Ken sighed an looked up at him. 
 

"He ran himself to the peak last night. Some cross country runners found him lying half on the dirt track. They said he had scratches and bruises everywhere."

Hongbin felt troubled but Taekwoon was no longer his business so he waved Ken off. 
 

"I'm going to class. See you later-" Ken pulled him back by the shoulder. 
 

"No! Are you guilty because you did say something?!"
 

"I am not guilty of anything. So let go of me before I beat you." Ken let go then Hongbin was off. Ken rested against the cold wall in the hall as students raced by. The late bell rang but he didn't move. He stayed there, watching the ceiling light flicker on and off until everyone cleared. 
 

"This was all my fault." Then he held his backpack over his shoulder and ran down the stairs. He ran to the hospital where he was sure Minah would be by now.
 

 

Ravi had received Ken's message about Taekwoon's condition and was headed to the hospital. He wasn't required to attend school that day so he took a cab. He got out the cab right as his blonde friend approached him. 
 

"You're here. Let's go." Ken said hastily as he ran in through the doors. Ravi hobbled after him and soon they found themselves in the waiting room beside helpless Minah. Ken sat beside her to try an keep her company but didn't know how to because she was so expressionless. Minah stared at the coffee maker a few feet in front of her and sat still. Ken intertwined his fingers and sat close-legged as he turned to Minah. 
 

"Umm. Do you possibly know what Leo was doing last night?" He asked hesitantly. Minah shook her head slowly then it was awkwardly silent again. The only noise was Ravi arguing with a nurse about the coffee. 
 

"The coffee is warm sir so please take a seat and-"
 

"What?! The coffee can be as 'warm' as it wants. It still won't taste good. You people need to change a lot of things around here. And look..." He gestured to a light in the middle of the room. "That light's flickering which means it could cause eye problems. Is that your goal? So you can get more money from the innocent  people?"
 

"Sir-"
 

"Nurse! Get in here, we need a hand!" Someone called from the emergency room. The nurse blew a forced breath then stepped in the room, glaring at Ravi before she shut the door. Ravi scoffed. 
 

"You can't deny it! It's the truth!" He went and took a seat beside Minah, throwing his arm over her shoulders. 
 

"Hey!" Ken protested. 
 

"What?" Ravi questioned. Ken froze then sat straight in his chair and looked to the floor, biting his finger. Ravi bent down to Minah's face. 
 

"He's going to be alright. For all I know, he's just pretending he's hurt." Minah looked up at him.
 

"Really?" Ravi cleared his throat. 
 

"Of course! Leo is invincible." Minah hung her head again in confusion. She thought Taekwoon and Ravi were enemies. 
 

"Minah!" All three of them looked up at the doorway to see a panting Hyuk. "Where's Leo?!" Minah looked down, making Hyuk resort to Ravi. 
 

"In the emergency room."
 

"Still?!" Hyuk exclaimed. "He's been here since six!" Minah's eyes widened, and so did Ken and Ravi's. 
 

"You mean he-"
 

"This is not good." Hyuk muttered, leaning against the doorframe. "My God. I should have known. I should have know! What kind of friend am I!?" Minah jumped at the sudden sound. Hyuk stepped over to Minah and bent down before her. 

"Minah. What happened last night?" He asked sternly. Minah shook her head. "Minah. I have to know. Leo's life is in danger and telling me might make me able to help, okay? Please?" He asked nicely. She shook her head. 
 

"She hasn't been saying much." Ravi informed. Hyuk peered down at Ravi's ankle. "I'm fine." Then he looked back to Minah. 
 

"Taekwoon is your best friend, right?" Minah nodded. "Then don't you want to save him?" Minah stayed silent.
 

"Minah!" N burst through the door, accidentally hitting the coffee table and tipping all the coffee over. They fell on the hard floor. 
 

"At least something's going right." Ravi commented as N ran up to Minah. 
 

"Where's Leo?!" 
 

"Emergency room." Ravi answered again. N's eyes widened and he fell on his knees, dropping his backpack. A mug rolled out of it and stopped, then the world was still. 
 

"Minah. What did Leo say to you last night?" N asked, realizing Ken was there. Minah shook her head.
 

"Minah!" She jumped at the booming sound from her right. Ravi took her by the shoulders. "Staying quiet is not going to help anyone or anything! Tell us exactly what he said before you lost sight of him, okay?!" Minah's breath was short and her eyes were wide then she finally broke from her silent state. 
 

"He kissed me-"
 

"Where?" Ken asked hastily. Everyone gave him the shut-the-hell-up look before going back to Minah. 
 

"Keep going." Hyuk pushed. 
 

"Then. He said he promised not to kiss me."
 

"What? But he kissed you so he broke the promise?" Ravi questioned. 
 

"Keep going." N urged. 
 

"He kept begging me to tell him about Hyuk's letter." Hyuk's face went pale. "But I wouldn't because I knew he wouldn't like the idea of us. Then he left."
 

"What'd he say before he left?" N asked. 
 

"He..." Minah tried her best to remember. They all looked on in wait. "He said 'okay' then he said he'd see me today."
 

"That's it?" Ravi commented. 
 

"Was that before or after I saw you?" N asked. 
 

"Before." Minah said. N snapped. He was going to do some running after soccer practice but he hadn't. If only he did and wasn't too rushed to go home to Eunyoung, he would have prevented this. Hyuk cupped Minah's small hands in his palms, grabbing her attention. Ken coughed. 
 

"He said he was 'okay' and you let him be?" He asked. Minah nodded. "Minah...Okay means that you're still breathing, still clinging on to life, to meaning."

Minah's head hurt. "Do you know what Leo's meaning was? He was punishing himself like he had done so many times and...I don't want you to feel guilty but...you are his motivation for everything."

Minah held her breath. "Every time a game would start, he'd make sure he talked to you. But Minah. You never wish him luck."

Minah's eyes stung. "He always cried your name on stormy nights when we had meetings at my house. And I swear, they're annoying. But...I put up with it because I know he means well. He loves you but he gave that chance up. So why don't you show him a little respect?" Ravi's mouth hung open and he removed his arm from Minah.

Minah had her face in her palms. 
 

"Wow...That was like, the longest lecture I've ever heard. Wanna run it through one more time?" Ravi asked sarcastically. Hyuk gave him his second glare received that day. 
 

"Just because we're friends again doesn't mean I'm not going to kill you." Ravi put his hands up. 
 

"Okay-okay." N caught Ken's eye. He went over and stood hovering over him. 
 

"Yes." 
 

"Yes!" Ken couldn't help but jump up and hug his friend. Hyuk and Ravi watched on as Minah sighed. 
 

She had no idea that Taekwoon had promised such a thing but it made sense. Because she never understood why Taekwoon begged his parents to adopt her so drastically. But now she knew. He cared for her so much but she always threw it all away.

She always broke his words and bent his rules. And Hyuk was right. She never wished him luck because she'd be at a basketball game instead and the cheering in the background would make Taekwoon think she was at his soccer game.

Minah felt disgusting and stood. 
 

"Minah?" She ran out the door, dodging the spilled coffee. "Minah! Where are you going?!" Ravi called out after her. Minah ran and ran until she stood in front of the emergency room door. She pounded on the door between her and Taekwoon. 
 

"Oppa!! Don't die! I'm sorry! I'll listen to you from now on!" She felt hot tears burn lines down her cheeks. "I wish you luck! So, beat that surgery and come home to me safely! Oppa!!" She screamed, then started bawling and collapsed onto the cold floor. 

"Minah!" Ravi called breathlessly. He ran to pick her up but Ken sped up and beat him to it. He propped Minah up on his thigh. She grabbed his shirt and pulled him down, stifling her cries in his abdomen. Ken wrapped his arm around her and rested his chin on her shoulder. 
Ravi, N, and Hyuk all sighed at the same time. N peeked through the small window but it was covered expertly by a brown curtain. They hear heavy footsteps nearing and all turn to their left except Minah. 

 

Hongbin slowed into a jog and passed them to look into the emergency room. He saw Minah and Ken in the way so he went to the other window but it was all for naught.

They stood there in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence but the silence of not knowing. It rung from everyone of their breaths. 
 

They found themselves in the waiting room an hour later. It was almost noon now and there was still no news on Taekwoon's condition. 
 

Hongbin felt uncomfortable being there but Minah had switched from Ken's aid to his so he had to stay. 

Suddenly, there came a loud voice from the doorway.

"Minah! Is there a Minah here?!" The nurse from earlier asked hastily. Ravi pointed to Minah.

"Right there." He said. The nurse didn't give Minah a chance to get up as she pulled Minah out the door behind her. Everyone else followed but the nurse told them to stay put. The chaos died down and the waiting room was quiet again until Ravi spoke.

"She made us stay cause she hates me. I just know it."

"SHUT UP!!" Hyuk snapped.