The secret love letter part 3

Natural Enemies

Mr. Han stood from his seat and carried an envelope.

Not just any envelope but a colorful one.

He dropped it on her desk along with her love letter he confiscated earlier, then returned to his seat.

Minah put the her letter in her backpack.

She looked back at the desk and didn't know what it had to do with her as she opened it.

The letter seemed old and overused, like someone had read it a hundred times. She unfolded the letter.

Dear Hyuk,
  I'm sorry you have to hear it this way but I'm leaving. I still love you but we need some time apart. This is so hard to write. I'm sorry. I promise I'll come back one day and it's my hope that you've already found someone new. Why don't you try Bang Minah? She's very nice. I love you and I'm sorry.

                    With all my love,
                                    Seohyun


Minah's breath stopped temporarily and she dropped the paper in shock.

Could her secret admirer be Hyuk?

"No way." She breathed.

"Minah!" She looked up slowly, still in shock.

Taekwoon ran through the doorway and sighed in relief when he lay eyes on her.

"Good. You're here..." Taekwoon inspected Minah's face then frowned again. He made his way to Minah and wrapped her in his arms.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Taekwoon asked softly as he glimpsed at Mr. Han, who simply returned to his paperwork.

Minah slightly pushed Taekwoon away and stood, breaking his hold.

"Minah?"

"Let's go." She muttered coldly then started walking out the room.

Taekwoon made sure to grab Minah's backpack before he left, peeking only once back at the teacher who didn't notice him.

He ran to catch up with Minah, who was speed walking.

"Minah! Minah!" He called. She didn't stop, forcing him to pulled her shirt. She came to a halt as Taekwoon made his way around to her front. He put his hands on her thin shoulders and looked her in the eyes.

"Tell me what happened." He said sternly. Minah averted her eyes but was shaken by the shoulders to look back up. "Tell me right now."

She didn't say anything.

"Please. I don't want to see you like this. And if that old bastard did anything to you, I swear I'll kick his ." Minah tried pulling back but Taekwoon clenched his fists harder, not leaving any comfort.

"Tell. Me."

Minah shook her head.

Last draw.

Taekwoon pushed her up against the wall and pinned her wrists.

"I promised I wouldn't do this." Taekwoon said huskily.

He pressed his lips against hers, she had no reaction but he didn't care.

She didn't keep him out or in. She left her lips to hang loosely and softly.

Taekwoon didn't enter, he just on her bottom lip then broke away. He put his forehead against hers and linked their fingers together.

"Minah. I promised I wouldn't do that when you were adopted. But you make it so hard. That's all you do. You mess with my heart but you won't tell me anything." He stepped in, closing the space in between them, toe touching the wall behind her. "Please. Tell me just this once." He begged.

She looked away. There was no way she was going to tell him about her secret admirer and now she thought it was Hyuk.

"Okay." Taekwoon said suddenly. "Okay. I get it. I'll see you tomorrow then." Then he turned and walked away.

Minah felt cold as their hands broke away and his warmth faded. She didn't know what to do anymore and sunk down onto the ground.

"Yo, Minah!" She looked up to see none other than N. He smiled widely and skipped to her. "How'd it go last night? Where were you-hey. What's up?" He asked when he came close enough to notice her depressed figure. He squatted down beside her tiny self and patted her back.

"What did Leo do this time?" N asked, cutely pouting. Minah shook her head and looked to the distance.

"Nothing."

"Then why are you upset? You're usually very cheery and happy." N suggested. Minah sighed.

He rubbed her back.

"You know. Your life is like a drama." N started. He shifted so he'd be in front of her. Her breath staggered.

"There's a love triangle between you, Leo, and Hongbin. There's a lot of betrayal and love. A lot of enemies.

There's Ken, the guy who ruins everything and might not know he has feelings for someone.

Ravi, the jerk who doesn't know when to shut his mouth.

Hyuk, the guy that's scarred for life.

Then there's me, the super charming guy that randomly shows up and helps you through your problems." Minah couldn't help but smile and started getting up.

"Great. Are you going home?" N took a look around. "Where's Leo?" Minah started walking off, N following.
"Um. I have to go to soccer practice but if you have to walk home alone today, I'll gladly take you."

Minah shook her head.

"Okay..." N scratched the back of his head. "See you tomorrow, I guess." Then he turned and headed to the locker rooms.

Minah walked down the fields and to the bleachers. This was her and Taekwoon's thinking spot.

"The higher you sit, the more fresh air you get, the deeper you can think." She remembered Taekwoon's words and went to sit at the very top.

Her eyes followed the soccer players but her brain was somewhere else.

She needed to sort things out.

First, she receives a love letter from a secret admirer, who said to meet at the park then doesn't show up.

Second, it could have been Ken messing with her but the letter Mr. Han gave her said otherwise.

Third, Hyuk...

Fourth, She had no idea where Taekwoon went. Although he'd disappeared many times when he was angry, Minah didn't know exactly where he went.

Fifth, Hongbin made her heart race.

Sixth, Seohyun had been gone for a while and some say she'll never return.

Seventh, Taekwoon kissed her.

Her eyes trailed from the soccer players to the sunset. If it was a normal day, she'd already be home by now.



"Ken." Hongbin said as they walked side-by-side to Hyuk's house.

"Yes?" Ken replied.

"Do you know any secret admirers of Minah's?" He asked.

Ken started chocking on nothing and seemed like he was dying of laughter. "What?" Hongbin asked, confused. Ken slapped his knees.

"Oh my goodness, Binnie! This is hilarious!" He started laughing again.

"What's so funny?" Hongbin asked, growing impatient.

"You-You-" Ken couldn't stop laughing so Hongbin socked him hard in the side, but it only made him laugh harder.

"Never mind I asked that, douche." Hongbin started walking again but was held back by his shirt.

"Okay-alright. I'm done. I just over laughed for some reason." Ken finally stood straight again. "That letter was from me. I lured you two together." Hongbin suddenly turned red...with anger.

"Are you some idiot!!? Minah is probably out searching for her 'secret admirer' right now! And Le-"

Ken's eyebrows raised.

"And she's probably by herself because I know she won't tell that stupid soccer head about it!"

"Ohh. That's not good. What if she gets into trouble-"

"That's what I was getting at." Hongbin growled as he shook Ken by the shirt collar that he'd grabbed a second ago. Ken looked down discouraged.

"I'm sorry."

"There's no time for that or making up. Let's go find her."

"But-"

"Shut up. Let's go!"

"But Binnie!" Hongbin sprinted back toward the school. "Binnie! Ugh. That turd. Making me run." He mumbled then started after the latter.

 

"Minah! Minah!" Hongbin shouted as he ran the lot.

He didn't know why he was trying to find her but if Taekwoon was going to be stubborn, then it was his duty to protect their precious Minah.

He ran out to the field and remembered she had been at the bleachers looking for her backpack that one night. Maybe she liked the bleachers and was spending time there thinking like Taekwoon always did when they were friends.

"Minah!" He called. He felt a wave of relief when a small object raised its head from the top bleachers.

"Minah!" He said more for himself, then started toward her.

Minah didn't know what to do so she froze and waited for Hongbin to run up the bleachers. But then...

he slipped...

and tumbled down the medium flight, catching himself at the very end.

"Ah!" She exclaimed then rushed to him, slipping herself and rolling down only to be stopped by Hongbin's body.

Hongbin groaned. He had hit his head and bruised his knee, nothing too severe.

"Minah." He grumbled softly. "Do you hate me?" He asked rhetorically with a slight chuckle.

She quickly sat up but her side ached, so she lie back down beside him.
Hongbin put a hand on his head injury and one on Minah's forehead.

"Are you alright?" Minah groaned.

"Yeah."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"Okay, good." Then Hongbin was out. Minah shook him by the arm but got no reaction.

Is he dead!?

She put her ear to his chest, all the while, heart racing. She thanked God when his heart started beating again. He was just knocked out.

She mustered all her strength to get up and pull her phone out from her side. She did so and phoned Taekwoon but remembered he would be of no use so she started panicking.

She couldn't call 911 because it wasn't that serious, right?

She searched for Hongbin's phone, hoping there would be a number she could call. She finally found it in his front left jean pocket and unlocked the screen. There was no password.

Her eyes widened at the background picture.

It was a picture of all three of them just a few days before she left for Busan.

They were so young and happy.

She could feel hot tears slide down her cheek but it didn't go all the way to her chin. Something intercepted it.

Hongbin wiped her tears with his thumbs.

"Don't cry, Minah." She nodded but more salt and water came out. Hongbin poked her cheek, making a dent.

"Look. You're just like me now. This is how I feel without that jerk and without you. This is how I am deep inside, Minah." Hongbin said, eyes turning a deep red. "Seeing you cry makes me want to cry so please, stop." Minah smiled a closed smile and held Hongbin's hands against her soft cheeks.

Hongbin returned the smile.

"Thanks, Minah." He thanked as he slowly tugged her face toward his.

Her heart pounded and she squeezed her her facials shut.

She opened her eyes when she met something warm and strong smelling.

Hongbin had her against his chest. She could hear his heart pounding at a high rate.

"One day, Bang Minah. One day. Thank goodness you don't have a secret admirer." He felt Minah tense and knew she was curious.

He didn't feel like breaking it to her but did so anyway because she would be pained sooner or later.

"That letter was from Ken. He was just trying to lure us into that hole together. So it's alright." Minah was lost for words but she became drowsy from the scent Hongbin was emitting.

 

N pinned Ken against the cold locker room wall with a fist.

"What do you want?" He questioned in a growl after all the other soccer players left.

Ken looked into his eyes.

"To be friends again." Ken said. N's tensed face softened and his grip loosened. He looked down at the floor.

"Friends?" He breathed. He looked back up at Ken with hopeful eyes. "But, Leo-"

"Are you going to follow him like an obedient dog?"

"Shut up!" N smashed him against the wall. "I-I need some time." He said, then let go and grabbed his bag before running out the door.

Ken sighed, hoping he chose the right thing to do.

He pulled out his phone and texted Hongbin.

Barbie: Did you find Minah

The silence finally broke when Hongbin's phone went off. Minah looked down at the caller I.D.

Her face darkened and she handed the phone to him.

"That's my call. You should go home now. Your parents are surely worried by now." Hongbin said. She nodded and replaced her cheek with the phone.

Hongbin texted back and when he looked up, Minah was already gone. He sighed and tried to sit up but his head throbbed.

"Ken~" Hongbin groaned. He heard footsteps. "Ken-oof. What the-"

"Oh! I didn't see you down there." Someone reached a hand down to him after stepping on his chest.

He took it, they were soft and small but he was thankful someone was there to help him.

"I'm such a klutz. I'm sorry."

"It's alright. It was kind of my fault anyway." Hongbin said as he finally got to his feet.

"Yeah. Why were you lying on the bleachers? Just out of curiosity." The female voice asked. Hongbin rubbed his head.

"Umm. I just slipped. That's all." He said hesitantly. She burst out laughing but quickly stifled them with a hand. Hongbin breathed in sharply and scratched the back of his head. She stuck out a hand.

"Hyuna." He shook her small hand. "You?"

"Um. Lee Hongbin."

"Ah~ I've heard of you before. Basketball team captain, right?"

"That's me."

"Great! Do you have a girlfriend?"

"What?" Hongbin was taken aback.

"What? It's just a simple question."

"Uh. No." He answered and let go of her hand. She folded her arms and put a finger to her chin.

"That's perfect." She muttered to herself then looked up to Hongbin. "Go out with me."

"What? W-Why? I don't even know you nor you me."

"I know. I just need someone tall, handsome, and..." She grabbed his bicep then bent down to see his calves. "...someone strong. You're perfect!" She exclaimed in glee.

Hongbin raised a brow.

"What? I-I don't even know you-"

"How much do you want? 200. 300. You name it."

"Wait-"

"How's your acting?"

"But-"

"What!?" She asked. Hongbin stumbled backward.

"Um. What are you getting at?" He asked. Hyuna smirked and pulled him down by the shirt collar.

"Here's the plan..."