The secret love letter part 1

Natural Enemies

Minah raised her hand after the teacher told everyone to open their textbooks.

"Yes, Bang?" The male teacher questioned, tilting his glasses down at her. Minah lowered her hand and head.

"I-I forgot my textbook in my locker, Sir. May I go get it?" She asked, receiving a long sigh from the boring teacher before getting an actual answer.

"Go." He simply said before telling the rest of the class to turn to a random page.

Minah dashed out the heavy door and right for her locker in the left hall. She quickly put in the code for her grey lock. "2-22-6" she said out loud as she unlocked the lock.

"You know you shouldn't say that out loud, kid." A voice came from right behind her, making her jump and turn around.

She laid eyes on Hyuk, a Senior and one of Taekwoon's best friends. "Why are you out here during class?" He asked, putting his forearm against one of the lockers and leaning against it. She opened her locker with one hand and grabbed her textbook.

"I could ask you the same thing." She pointed out, shutting her locker then starting back to class. Hyuk noticed something falling from behind her and went to pick it up.

It was a small pink envelope.

"Girls" He muttered before jogging the direction she went. He turned the corner right as Minah stepped through the door to her classroom. He ran and held the door open with one hand, stopping it from moving.

Minah started walking to her seat when she noticed people giggling at her then the direction of door. Hyuk put a hand on her left shoulder and flipped her around to him, handing her the envelope.

"Oooohhhh" The class teased the two as the teacher crossed his arms and glared.

"You dropped this." Hyuk said as she accepted it, blushing a little at his handsome smile. He then turned for the door.

"Mr. Han!" The teacher yelled before he could leave. Hyuk winced at his own last name then turned to the teacher and scratched his head.

"Hey dad." He greeted.

"Why aren't you in class?" Mr. Han questioned, slowly walking toward his son.

"I was using the restroom, dad. Haha." He ended with a slight giggle. He was a terrible liar and his father loved that about him.

"Come to my room after school. We're going to have a talk." The class started giggling. Like what the heck? "Now go to your class!" He snapped. Hyuk sighed and dropped his shoulders as he shut the door. "And you." Mr. Han pointed to Minah. "Open your textbook to page 47."

The class seemed to last forever but once it was over and the bell rung, Minah immediately opened the envelope. She was curious as to what was inside this pink envelope. She pulled out a nicely folded white piece of paper. She unfolded it and it revealed a drawing of a cartoon deer that resembled "Chopper" from One Piece. There were a couple sentences beside him and red floating hearts.

Dear My Cutie Minah,
I've been admiring you from afar.
  You're really cute!
    I want to meet you somewhere.
     How about the blue bench at             
      the park?
       7:00 today
         I love you
                            Love,
                              Secret Admirer

There was another heart at the end of the sentence. This letter was surprisingly really badly written but Minah liked it anyway. She thought it was sweet and the drawing was cute.

Minah managed to convince Taekwoon that her teacher, Mr. Han, had suggested that she stayed after school for tonights homework help.

"Really? I guess he is strict about that..." Taekwoon put his finger to his chin then after a moment, he gave in. "Alright. But be home by eight at most." Taekwoon instructed before waving bye and walking home. Minah smiled and held the envelope to her lips then skipped off to the park.

Hyuk groaned by his father's classroom door before turning the knob. He walked in and saw his dad looking down at a couple english quizzes his students took that day before reading. His father eyed him as he approached his desk. His father looked at the silver watch on his right wrist.

"You're late" He said. Hyuk sighed and rested his elbows on the desktop, cupping his own face. He was trying to do his best aegyo but his dad never really falls for it. "Why weren't you in class today?" He asked, shuffling through piles of colorful paper.

"Dad~ I told you. I was in the restroom." Hyuk whined.

"You were with Bang. Which means you were not in the restroom. Do I not know something, son?" He questioned. Hyuk's back straightened and he smacked the desk.

"Dad! That wasn't what you think! Okay?" He tried. His dad raised an eyebrow that was clearly visible behind his glasses.

He was unconvinced.

"Dad! It's not what happened last year." He said, tone softening.

His dad sighed, noticing that he had crossed the line, and excused his son.

"Sanghyuk" He looked up to his son, who was now tearing up, and sighed again. "Son. Go home." He said. Hyuk wiped his eyes and turn around to the door, noticing that someone was in the room with them.

Hongbin stared back at him from the seat at the far end with lame eyes. Hyuk's eyes grew big then he immediately turned and left, covering his face with his right forearm.

Minah decided to do her homework on the park bench as she waited for the clock to strike seven.

The time is currently 6:13

"Ken! Oh Kennie!!" Ravi called, cupping his mouth. He pouted and crossed his arms. "Where'd that punk go." He questioned himself as he walked to the front gate to go home. He usually walked home with Ken but Ken was nowhere in sight today. "Ken-!"

Someone pushed by him forcefully.

"Hey!" He called out to the teenage boy stomping away and through the crowd. "No one messes with King Ravi." He says to himself as he rolls up his sleeves. "See, Ken? This is what happens when you're not here to stop me...I get to have all the fun in the world." He smirked before rushing after the boy.

Hyuk tried to keep his tears in as he bumped into people accidentally. He tried apologizing each time but his voice wouldn't give in so he continued walking. He exit the gate and walked even faster in order to get away from people so he could yell at himself.

"Hey!" Ravi grabbed the teenager by the shoulder and turned him around, planting a punch right to his cheekbone.

Hyuk fell to the cold, rocky cement and clenched his teeth to take in the pain. His eyes were still red from earlier so it looked like he was crying.

Soon, a crowd of immature teenagers surrounded the two and recorded them with their phones. Ravi's eyes went big and he felt a wave of nerve rush up his spine when he noticed it was Hyuk. Ravi couldn't move anymore and just stared at Hyuk as tears slid down his cheeks.

"S-Sanghyuk?" Ravi said underneath his breath, still wide-eyed. Hyuk got to his feet and dusted himself off. He wiped the tears from his cheeks with the back of his hand and looked into Ravi's eyes hopelessly, as if to ask "why."

Ravi swallowed through a knot that had formed in his throat as he watched Hyuk turn his back to him and push through the crowd. This time he didn't try apologizing and just ran home because he knew what to expect the next day at school.

Taekwoon was home talking on the phone with N because N believed in hearing each others voices instead of texting.

"OMG! I'm so happy I don't have homework in English today! I can finally read in peace! Thank the oh-mighty Lord." N thanked from the other line. Taekwoon chuckled at his friend then his face suddenly turned sour.

"Wait. Who do you have for English again?" Taekwoon asked.

"Boring Han" N said as if it was obvious. Taekwoon dropped his phone and dashed out his bedroom door. "Umm...Leo? Helloo"

Mr. Han let Hongbin leave early after he served his punishment. Even he could not stay awake in his class.

He remembers what had happened minutes before his teacher left. He remembers Hyuk's face clearly, his pink eyes, pout, everything. Hongbin knows they weren't friends anymore but it still hurt him seeing Hyuk like that.

At least Hyuk didn't get punched in the face by his father or anything...His phone vibrated and he swiftly pulled it out from his back pant pocket.

Barbie: Meet me at the park bench we always sit on at 7

Hongbin raised a brow, unsure of why they were meeting but he'd figure it out sooner or later anyway so he started to the park.

There was only one park in town but it was a big one, that's why they had a specific blue bench where they always met.

Hongbin was walking to the only blue bench in the park when he halted, seeing someone. Someone he felt warm with every time but someone he could never approach. He turned and was about to leave but his phone vibrated.

Barbie: Almost there! Wait for me please!!! Very very very important!!

Hongbin groaned and intertwined his hands behind his head. Just then, a kid around the age ten, comes running up to Minah and grabs onto her arm.

"Please help my brother, miss. He's stuck!" The little boy pleaded as Minah got up and off the bench. The little boy turned his attention to Hongbin also and ran up to grab his pants. "Please come too, sir."

Soon, they found themselves running alongside one another after the kid, thinking there was a boy to save up ahead. Minah tried not to stare at Hongbin and Hongbin teied not to stare at Minah but it was hard. The boy let go of them and ran at full speed forward. The two ran faster then

SNAP!

The two of them tumbled down into what seemed to be a big pothole. Hongbin landed on his back with Minah's back on his chest, knocking the air out of him. He looked dazed at the sight above him. There seemed to be planks covered with grass to disguise itself. Minah jumped off of the man below her when she recovered.

"Ah! What happened!?" Minah exclaimed, looking up at the dim light. It was almost seven o'clock and it was starting to get dark. "Hey kid! Someone help!!" Minah called out, but no one was there to hear them.

Since the park was so big there were places where no one ever went an this was one of them. There were trees all around the hole that hovered over them, engulfing the two in their shadows.

Hongbin looked around for anything that could help them get out as Minah continued calling for help. There was no use on either of their parts.

Hongbin stayed on the opposite end of the five by five feet wide hole away from Minah. He leaned up against the dirt wall and put his hands in his pockets as Minah sat curled up on the ground. They had hope for the first twenty minutes but then started to silently panic with themselves, afraid to speak first.

Hongbin took a peek at Minah and saw that she was starting to panic; he didn't want that so he tried harder to think of an escape plan. Minah was thinking of her secret admirer and about Taekwoon then something clicked.

She looked up to Hongbin, who quickly looked away after staring at her, and thought that Hongbin just might be her secret admirer. But then she had doubts about what the outcomes will be. It included Taekwoon.

Taekwoon ran straight to Mr. Han's room without stopping and tried the knob, locked. He peered inside and saw only darkness.

"Damn it." He cursed underneath his breath as someone came up behind him.

"Hey." Taekwoon whipped his head around to see N holding a book and still in school uniform. "What were you doing? You left me hanging." He said.

Taekwoon pushed past him and hurried down the hall.

"I'll explain later." He said, waving him off.

"What! No! I'm coming with you!" He grabbed onto Taekwoon's shoulder. Taekwoon smacked his friend's hand off then pushed him up against the stone wall.

"If you want to come with me then shut up and call Hyuk. I need help finding her." Taekwoon growled. N shoved Taekwoon off him lightly then fixed his uniform.

"Find who?" He asked, receiving a cold look.

Ohhhh...HER.

"Okay. I'll call Hyuk. Just wait a sec." He said. He pulled out his phone with his right hand, left occupied by a book. N said "Hi" then he went silent for a while as Taekwoon looked on at his slowly darkening face. "Alright. I'm coming over." He said right before hanging up. He looked to his friend with worried eyes. "Something happened. I have to go." He started off when Taekwoon grabbed him by the arm.

"What happened?" He asked. N pulled away and continued down the stairs.

"I'll explain later!" He shouted, quoting Taekwoon as he disappeared from Taekwoon's sight.

Taekwoon hurried down the stairs too and ran throughout the school, turning corner after corner for Minah.

"Minah." Hongbin suddenly called, receiving Minah's attention. She looked up at him and noticed he was hovering just above her.

He was undoing his tie with one hand.

"Take off your skirt." He said. Minah's eyes widened and she curled up against the dirt. "Hurry. I have a plan." He said, clarifying what he meant.

"W-What plan?" She asked, choking on her own words. Hongbin scooted back in the small space and turned around as he continued taking his tie off. Minah kept her eyes on Hongbin's back to make sure he doesn't peek as she slid off her skirt, thankful she had shorts underneath.

"Are you finished?" He asked over his shoulder.

"Yeah." She said.

Hongbin turned around and cleared his throat at the sight of her before excepting the black skirt. He tied his navy blue tie onto the end of the skirt as Minah watched over his shoulder.

"What are you doing exactly?" She asked out of curiosity. He stood up and held the end of the tie.

"I'm going to see if this will catch something like a branch or weed so we can get out." He explained as he made his first throwing attempt. He rounded it up then tossed it then repeated this cycle again and again. Minah tried to watch but she was starting to only see silhouettes now because the sun was falling fast. It was also getting colder by the minute. "No luck." Hongbin finally said, giving up. He handed Minah's skirt back to her and sat down beside her.

Minah used her skirt to wrap around her shoulders and keep from the cold. Hongbin went into thinking again.

How could they get out?

Who can help? Ken can help! He had overlooked something so simple and internally face palmed himself. He took out his phone immediately and switched it on.

Binnie: I need ur help now!

Hongbin waited and stared at his phone for what seemed like hours to Minah too.

"C'mon." Hongbin muttered right when they heard something annoying from above.

"Hey guys!" The voice greeted. It was obviously Ken's and Hongbin slowly became pissed off. Minah looked up but could only tell it was an outline of a head.

"How is it in there?" He questioned, laughing.

"Yah! What the heck!? Help us get out of here!" Hongbin yelled upward. Ken shook his head in front of the moon.

"No. You two have to do what I say first." He said, positioning himself on the ground comfortably.

"What!? Do what?" Hongbin questioned as Minah tip-toed to get a better look at their keeper. Ken tapped his chin then froze and turned down to them.

"First, I want you, Hongbin. To tell Minah how much you love her." Ken said, smirking in the dark.

.

Taekwoon looked literally everywhere in the school for Minah. He sat at the bleachers and watched the sun go down. He was now thinking the worst had happened.

What if she was kidnapped?

What if she was run over by a car?

What if she was with Hong-

Taekwoon shook his head. He didn't want to think of those two together at all. So he stared out into the distance and watched the orange sun turn purple. Then red. Then black, replaced by the small bright specks of stars. Taekwoon put his fists on his thighs and squeezed his eyes shut, wrinkles showing. He was stressed out and frustrated because of Minah.

*Flashback*

It was the night when they first met Minah in the snow. Both Hongbin and Minah were asleep but Taekwoon was still wide awake.

Taekwoon stared at Minah's small round face as he placed the lantern above his head.

"It's so squishy." Taekwoon said to himself as he poked Minah's left cheek. She shifted and flipped over closer to Hongbin, facing him.

Taekwoon puffed out his cheeks and wondered for a second how Hongbin could still steal Minah when he was asleep. He reached his arm around Minah's tiny build and pulled her closer to him. He cuddled into the warmth of her back and fell asleep. Hongbin left to shudder by himself.

*Present*

Taekwoon sighed and started home, making sure he took a look down every road when he headed home. When he was about to pass the park, he thought best to take a look around.

Ken watched with amusement as Hongbin looked down at Minah. His eyes boring into her soul.

"Minah." Hongbin glared up at Ken, who smiled and waved. "I'm going to kill Ken once we get out and I need you to help me do it." He said, clenching onto her shoulders. She seemed puzzled and looked up at Ken.

Ken started getting up from his spot on the grass.

"Well then. I guess I won't be seeing you or Minah at school tomorrow. Bye~!"

"Wait!" Ken smirked.

"Oh. Yes, Binnie?" He said mockingly. Hongbin cleared his throat and took in a deep breath. He looked to Minah again.

"Minah." Minah was starting to worry now. Was he going to go through with it? "I..." She looked away and at the black ground. "I think you're really...pretty?" He said, asking more of a question than a statement. Minah bit her bottom lip.

"What was that?! Try again!" Ken demanded.

"No! I told her how I felt! Now let us out!" Hongbin demanded.

"No. I'll bring Ravi here if you don't say what you know I want you to say." Ken threatened.

"Why should I be afraid of Ravi?" Hongbin asked straight up, not noticing he was squeezing Minah's shoulders.

"When he arrives, I'll push him down there with you and you three will be cramped. Unless you want Ravi to get Minah pregnant, I'm sure you'll sleep next to her. And plus Ravi is annoying so he'll probably be yelling-"

"Okay-Okay!" Hongbin interrupted, finally giving in.

Ken relaxed on the ground again and waited. Minah's shoulders were sore now.

Hongbin loaded.

"I've...Ken go away." Hongbin ordered, not averting his eyes from Minah.

Ken left immediately and started silently celebrating in the dark as he found somewhere to sit.

Hongbin took in another deep breath.

"Minah. I've been a coward. I actually meant to tell you how I felt a long time ago but then you left. I haven't changed though. I still like you."

Minah felt her cheeks burning and heart racing.

"But." Hongbin continued. "Taekwoon doesn't like it so I don't want to bother him anymore. He likes you more anyway. I remember his parents calling me and telling me that Taekwoon wouldn't stop begging them to adopt you. I told them we weren't friends anymore then everything went downhill from there." Hongbin ended sadly.
"You still want to be friends with him don't you?" Minah said, looking up at his dark features. She couldn't tell what his face looked like but to her relief, he said yes. "Then why don't you try talking to him?"

"I already have. Over twenty times now. He just won't listen."

"Try again."

"No-"

"I'll go with you." Minah suggested. Hongbin's face lit up an he filled with hope again.

"Okay!" He exclaimed.

Ken came crawling back and peered down the hole.

"We're done, Ken!" Hongbin called.

"Yay! I'll get you out now!" Ken replied. He grabbed the long rope he brought from his dad's garage and threw it down. He accidentally tossed the whole thing down into the hole. "Oops. Sorry-ow! What the heck!?" Hongbin threw one end of the rope into Ken's face on accident and winced.

"Sorry. Now get us out please!" He called. Ken tied the rope to a tree trunk and tugged on it to signal that they could climb out now.

"You go first." Hongbin suggested, holding the rope out to Minah. She accepted it then tried to climb up but she was too weak.

"Can't.

get.

up." She strained. Hongbin chuckled before grabbing her waist and supporting her up the edge. Minah blushed when his grip tightened. Once she reached the top, Hongbin climbed up after her and dusted himself.

"Yah Ken." He said but there was no sight of him. "That idiot. Are you alright, Minah-!"

"Boo!"

"Aaahh!" Minah screamed, jumping onto Hongbin and wrapping her legs around him. Hongbin's arms wrapped themselves around Minah's small body. She continued screaming into his chest as Ken stood his height and laughed historically.

"You guys are so fun the mess with!" Ken exclaimed, laughing and slapping his knees. Minah immediately pushed away from Hongbin and fixed her hair.

Hongbin raised a fist to Ken, who cowered.

"You punk. Come here." He growled.

Ken laughed nervously then made a run for it. Hongbin snatched Minah's hand and chased after Ken.

Taekwoon had heard Minah's scream from the park he was just passing by and ran there as fast as he could. He can see someone headed his way and ran toward it.

Ken looked up ahead and could see someone headed right for him so he stopped.

"Minah!?" Taekwoon called. Minah could hear her name and started to panic. Taekwoon would be super upset if he saw her with Hongbin. She tried to pull away from Hongbin but his grip was too strong. He dragged her right behind him.

Ken dashed to the right and escaped Taekwoon.

"Leo" Taekwoon froze. Hongbin pulled Minah up beside himself. "I want to be friends again-"

"Give. me. her." Leo growled, putting a hand out to Minah. Hongbin held her back.

"No. Listen to me-"

"I did! And listening to you is what got me here!" Taekwoon ripped open his thin white t-shirt.

Two large gashes, now scars, displayed itself against his whole upper body. It started from his right shoulder to his lower left abdomen, parallel to one another.

"This is what I got for giving you another chance!! Now give me Minah before I pound the out of you!!" Taekwoon grabbed Minah's thin wrist and took her home, Hongbin letting him do so. Hongbin scoffed solemnly.

"I'm such an idiot."