Seohyun Returns part 1

Natural Enemies

Hongbin lie beneath Minah with wide eyes.

He wasn't expecting her to make a move like this.

"Minah? What are you doing?" Hongbin asked hesitantly.

"What do you mean, Oppa? I'm just resting." Minah said innocently. Hongbin shook his head and pushed Minah back gently by the shoulders.

"Then go to bed. We have school tomorrow." Hongbin suggested, but Minah clung on to him and shook her torso.

"No~ I don't wanna. I want to stay up with you, Oppa." Minah said. Hongbin sighed and clicked his tongue.

"Minah~"

"Are you gonna be like Leo now?" Minah questioned. "Are you gonna tell me what to do, Oppa?" Minah asked. Hongbin shook his head.

"No, Minah. I didn't mean it like that-"

"Whatever. I'm going home." Minah stated, geting off Hongbin. Hongbin felt a huge wave of relief as he took Minah's wrist to stop her.

"I didn't mean to offend you. But you could use some sleep, don't you think?" Hongbin suggested. Minah huffed then smiled and loosened her wrist from Hongbin's grasp.

"Okay. See you at school, Oppa." Minah said, before giving Hongbin a peck on the cheek and running out the room giddily. 

Hongbin chuckled and couldn't help but smile the rest of the night.

 

Once Minah closed her bedroom door, she fell apart.

Acting like she doesn't care was harder than she thought.

She jumped on her bed and cried into her forearms.

She didn't want to be mean but it was the only way she could hide her feelings. 

It was the only way she could shut people out so they wouldn't care about her as much.

It was the only way.

She loves her brother.

 

 

Ken walked through the halls, tripping and stumbling over everything and everyone. He was too distracted with the fact that his savior has cancer. He felt a hand on his shoulder but could barely muster the strength to turn around to see who it was, but the he heard her voice. Ken whipped his whole body around.

"Seohyun!?" Ken choked. Seohyun chuckled slightly.

"Yeah. It's me. Why are you so surprised?" She asked. Ken hugged her and couldn't believe she was back.

"But everyone said you weren't ever coming back." Ken said. Seohyun blew a rasberry.

"And you believed them?" She questioned. "I expected more from you, Ken." She said as they broke away. Ken scoffed.

"No you don't." He said. Seohyun laughed.

"Yeah, I don't." She said, smile fading. Seohyun suddenly became a bit more serious and asked, "Is Hyuk here today?" 

"I would think so but...I don't think he'll be happy seeing you, to be honest." Ken said, scratching the back of his head. But Seohyun simply smiled and walked off.

"I know." She said.

"Okay, then. See ya!" Ken shouted after her, scratching the back of his head again harder. "When the hell did she get back?" Ken asked himself, immediately recieving a smack to the head by a smartphone. "Ow~!" Ken groaned.

"What the hell do you mean by 'back'?" Hyuk asked in a stern tone. Ken opened his mouth then shut it and opened it again, pointing to Seohyun.

"Well. She's umm. Back? So aren't you like...mad? Angry? Sad?" Ken asked, surprised that Hyuk wasn't in rage. Hyuk sighed.

"My dad told me she had returned last night after you left." Hyuk said, making both of their moods turn worst at the thought of last night.

"I still can't believe Leo has canc-"

"Okay-okay. I don't want to be all depressed again okay? Let's just go to class before we're late." Hyuk suggested before running off.

"Alrighty! Bye-bye!"

"Ken! Where's Wonshik?" Hyuna asked, approaching Ken from behind. Ken sighed deeply and started speed walking, pretending he didn't hear her. 

Hyuna grumbled and rushed after him, almost knocking him clear over by smacking his backpack.

"I know you heard me." Hyuna said impatiently. Ken groaned and rubbed his back.

"How do I know you're not part of the FBI?" Ken asked, before dodging Hyuna's fist and running. "Try and catch me~!" Ken sing-songed.

"Yah! You freaking Barbie! Get back here!" Hyuna demanded. "Ken!" Ken turned the corner and stuck out his tongue. "You mother er!"

"Miss Kim!! Office! NOW!" Teacher Jeon demanded, the same way she had just a few days earlier. 

Hyuna screamed in frustration.

"Aish~!"

 

Ravi used his cruches to get from place to place when he nearly died from shock.

"Seohyun?" He said, squinting. He was about to go towards her when he slipped on one of the cruches and fell face-first to the ground.

"!"

"Mr. Kim! Office! Now!" Teacher Oh demanded.

"Aish~!" 

 

Minah sat in class and didn't say a word to anyone about Taekwoon, Hongbin, or anyone.

"Hey, Minah!"

Minah looked up.

"You remember me?" Seohyun asked. Minah's eyes widened. "You do! And your hair is really bright! I cold see you all the way from the door!" Seohyun said, touching Minah's hair. Minah moved her head a little to show she was uncomfortable, Seohyun immediately letting go.

"I'm sorry. But have you seen Hyuk?" She asked. Minah shook her head. "Okay. I'll see you then." Seohyun ended awkwardly, walking away.

 

Hongbin was walking to class late after dropping Minah off when his coach approached him.

"Hey, Bin. Ready for the first game tomorrow?" Coach asked. Hongbin nodded.

"Yeah. As ready as I'll ever be." Hongbin replied. Coach smiled and patted Hongbin's back.

"You late for class? I'll write you a pass." He said, taking Hongbin with him to his office.

 

Ravi hobbled into the office to see Hyuna. He froze.

"Alright. Go sit over there next to the blonde girl. I'll come deal with you in a little bit." Teacher Oh said. 

Ravi sighed and made his way to Hyuna. Hyuna waved.

"Hey, Wonshik." She said shyly. Ravi nodded as he took a seat beside Hyuna.

"Hey." Ravi replied.

Silence washed over them as they sat nerviously beside each other.

"Why are you here?" Hyuna asked, breaking the silence. Ravi tried smiling as charmingly as he could.

"Big mouth." He replied. Hyuna laughed.

"Same. And you know your friend, Ken?" Ravi nodded. "He's mean." Hyuna stated. Ravi sneered.

"Nah. If you get to know him, he's not such a bad guy." Ravi said. Hyuna nodded.

"Yeah. But first impression is pretty important, isn't it?" Hyuna said.

"Guess so..." Ravi said.

Then it went silent again.

"Why'd you do it?" Hyuna asked, breaking the silence again. Ravi turned his attention to her.

"Do what-"

"Kiss me." She said, biting her bottom lip. Ravi's heart sped and he turned a light shade of pink.

"Uhh. Huh." Ravi huffed, looking to the ceiling. "I actually...Don't know why." Ravi looked to Hyuna, making her avert her eyes. "I guess it's because I...like you." 

Hyuna's eyes widened as she turned her head, catching Ravi's rarely seen endearing eyes, before being kissed again.

Ravi's lips trembled as he brought a hand up to-

"Yah! Mr. Kim! What are you doing!?" Teacher Oh exclaimed as he split the two away from each other. He grabbed Ravi's arm and helped him into his office section.

Both Hyuna and Ravi have detention.

 

Seohyun and Hyuk met eyes across the hall.

                           TO BE CONTINUED...