Legendary Crush

Natural Enemies

Ken sighed as he stabbed his apple.

"What is this?" He asked himself. Not about the apple but about the fact that he was magically all alone at school. Everyone had gone home and Hongbin hadn't shown up like he was supposed to.

Ken sighed again in boredom and lifted his fork to his mouth to take a bite of the apple.

"Hey, Ken!" 

Ken heard a voice come from his right. He was about to turn when he was smacked on the back and almost choked on his apple.

"What the heck?!" Ken exclaimed once he finished choking. He finally turned to see a girl about his age with blonde hair.

Weird. Ken thought.

"Do you know where Hongbin is?" She asked as if she was going to murder Hongbin.

Ken shook his head.

"No and I wouldn't tell you if I knew. I don't know who you-"

"Hyuna." Hyuna said, putting out a hand. 

"Hmm...No." Ken said, going back to his apple. 

Hyuna smacked Ken on the head.

"Tell me. I know you two are close." Hyuna demanded. Ken rubbed his head and groaned.

Who knew a girl could hit so hard.

Ken glared at Hyuna and dropped his forked apple on his plate as he stood. He grabbed his backpack and huffed before escaping Hyuna's palm by walking off.

"You're stupid!" Hyuna shouted after him and kicked a trash can over. "And who eats an apple on a fork, !"

"Miss Kim! Office! Now!" Teacher Jeon demanded. Hyuna groaned in annoyance as she watched Ken walk out of her reach.

 

Hyuk had just dropped Ravi off at his house and was starting back to school when he saw the runaways.

"Where are you two going?" Hyuk asked as he approached Hongbin and Minah. 

Hongbin and Minah held hands and walked side-by-side.

"Umm. I don't know." Hongbin said, scratching his head.

"Okay...Then why don't you two come with me to school?" Hyuk said in a questionung tone, confused.

Minah stayed quiet and looked to the cement. 

"No. We're just going to walk, okay? Go back to school." Hongbin suggested. Hyuk nodded and let them pass. He didn't feel like dealing with anything dumb at the moment, especially afer spending so much time with Ravi.

Besides, watching them hold hands made him feel dizzy.

Wait! Lunch is almost over!

Hyuk sprinted to school.

 

Another one.

Ravi had been recieving "secret admirer" gifts since forever. It started since his first year of grade school and hasn't ceased.

Maybe his soccer members were playing tricks on him?

But that's impossible. He didn't know them until last year.

Ravi tossed the small box of chocolates right into the trash. He thought of this as basketball practice, since he can't play anymore anyway.

He lie back on the foot of his bed and covered his face with two palms.

"This is bull!!" He yelled.

"Watch your mouth, loser."

Ravi whipped his head toward the owner of the voice. 

It was Taekwoon.

"Leo!" Ravi said, suprised. Like not even kiding surprised.

Taekwoon limped in with a hand tight against his chest. Ravi watched with wide eyes. He even rubbed his eyes dozens of times but Taekwoon was still there.

"Why are you here?" Ravi finally managed to ask. Taekwoon scoffed then smirked slightly.

"Why do you think I'm here?" Taekwoon said. 

Ravi pursed his lips and an invisible beard.

"Collecting rent?" Ravi guessed.

Taekwoon chuckled lightly, still in pain.

"Yeah." Taekwoon said. Ravi sighed and struggled to his feet, grabbing is crutches.

"You'd totally be kicked off the soccer team if coach caught you." Ravi said.

Taekwoon grimaced at the pain in his chest when he took a breath.

"He'd kill me before kicking me off." Taekwoon said surely. Ravi scoffed and opened the top drawer of his desk.

"I thought you quit." Ravi said as he took out a flexable white stick.

"I thought you started." Taekwoon said, making Ravi scoff.

"I don't need it. I'm not the one crazy for some chic, remember?" Ravi held the cigarette bud in front of Taekwoon.

"She's not some chic, ." Taekwoon growled. Ravi waved the cigarette bud as if it were a flagpole.

"I'm waving a white flag. You win. Now take it." Ravi said as he handed Taekwoon the cancer. Taekwoon immediately snatched it so Ravi coudn't play anymore games.

Ravi limpe back to his bed and sat down.

"She doesn't know does she?" Ravi guessed. Taekwoon lit the cigar and breathed in deeply, coughing rawly right after.

Ravi scrunched his facials together in disgust.

"You know you should quit and just tell her everything. She needs to know." Ravi said.

"No she doesn't." Taekwoon decided in a raspy voice. "It's my burden, not hers"

"See. That's why your life . If only you were a coward and didn't have so much damn pride, you wouldn't get hurt so much. Especially by a girl younger than you." Ravi said, recieving a death-glare. 

"Shut up. You don't know anything-"

"Actually, I do-"

"No you don't!" Taekwoon yelled suddenly, leading to him coughing violently. "I am a coward! That's why I let her go so easily! I didn't want her hurt! I didn't want to see her broken-"

"You're such an idiot!" Ravi intervined. "You hurt her! You made her bleed! Did you not see her lips?! Cut and bruised?! I saw the blood drip down her chin! And it was all you! You did that to her!" 

Taekwoon felt the heat at his fingers close in.

"You kissed her again, you ing bastard! You made her go into shock when they said you were at the hospital! She became so depressed, it was scary! Why did you do that anyway?! Couldn't you have gone into starvation as punishment instead?! Now you've lost her for sure! You stupid soccer head!!!" 

The cigarette had completely burnt Taekwoon's fingers but he didn't let go. He didn't know how to react. He had lost Hongbin then Minah. He had no one and nothing to lose now.

Taekwoon crumpled and squeezed the cigar in his fist until it turned into dust. Then he walked out unsteadily, Ravi watching with angry eyes.

 

"Yeonnie? Why are you home already? School hasn't ended yet." Eunyoung said as she walked into the living room after a short nap.

N sat on their two-person sofa in the middle of the room reading. 

He looked up and saw her face up-side-down. He smiled.

"I was tired." He simply answered. He didn't get much sleep last night with Ken on his mind.

"Oh really? Why didn't you just come join me?" Eunyoung asked. N shook his head.

"No. You get grumpy when I wake you up." N said. Eunyoung made a duck face then made her way around and to N's side. She nudged N's shoulder.

"Scoot over. I want to sleep too." She said. 

"But you just did." N pointed out, getting drowsy already. "You can go read this book on the ground." N suggested, handing Eunyoung the book he was holding. Eunyoung pouted and accepted the book, only to toss it to the table before crawling onto N.

N groaned and whined.

"Stop~" 

Eunyoung chuckled and pinched N's cheek lightly.

"You're so adorable, Hunny." She said. N moved his face, making her lose grip. She cocked a brow.

"What's wrong?" She asked. She knew N wasn't usually like this.

"Nothing."

"Come on. You can tell me anything. I won't tell a soul unless you asked me to." Eunyoung said, making N smile softly and peck her on the lips.

"Leo hurt Minah today." N let out. 

Eunyoung frowned.

"You mean the sweet little girl?" She asked. N nodded. "Why would Taekwoon hurt her? He loves her doesn't he?" 

N sighed.

"I don't think what they have is love. It's more like...an obsession." He said, eyes growing wide, as well as Eunyoung's.

"That's not a healthy thing."

"I know." N said. "Do you think you could maybe do something?" N asked.

Eunyoung nodded.

"Of course I can. I'm not a therapist for no reason." Eunyoung said, recieving an appreciative kiss from her lover. "Now. I'm sure we can get Taekwoon to move on from Minah. We just need a replacement...Hongbin?" 

"No. He hates Hongbin...I think."

"Who does he take a liking to besides Minah?"

"Umm...No one, really."

"How about someone from the past that he trusted?"

"He trusted Hongbin just a few years back."

"Perfect. Do they share any likes or dislikes?"

"Uhh...Hyoshin. Park Hyoshin for sure. They're both huge fans of his."

"Perfect!"

Eunyoung wrapped his arms around N's neck.

"I think I deserve some love cause I just figured it out."

 

Hyuna hated when she couldn't find him in his classes or literally just at school.

She stood outside the teachers' office after just being scolded for her dirty mouth.

She took out her phone and stared at the number she had forced out of Hongbin a few nights ago.

She still doesn't have the gut to do it and make the call.

Although some people would call her disrespectful and irrational, they didn't know she had no luck when it came to crushes.

This particular crush had been her longest. 

It could be deemed legendary now.

"Kim Wonshik." She said aloud. She blushed and spazzed. "It rolls off the tongue perfectly." 

Once she was finished spazzing, she started walking when she ran into Ken in the hall. She stood in his way and wouldn't let him pass.

"Why didn't you tell me where Hongbin was earlier?" Hyuna said, putting her hands on her waist.

"Will you get out of the way? I need to get to practice." Ken said in a low tone. 

"Ha. I don't think so. And you can't touch me or else you'll be suspended~" Hyuna singsonged. Ken sighed and was about to walk around Hyuna and her blonde hair when his phone rang.

He picked it up.

"Yeah?"

"This is not good news so don't be dicouraged or anything! It is bad news! Like really bad news!"

Ken held the phone far from his ear then put it back on properly.

"Okay. Get to the point."

"It's Leo! He came over and was being the stupid jerk he is so we got into an arguement and one thing led to another-HE'S GOING TO KILL HIMSELF!!!" 

"Aish!" Ken held his phone at arm's length until Ravi was done screaming talking. "And why is he going to do that?"

"M. I. N. A...Is there an h? Oh whatever-I don't care. Just make note that it wasn't my fault."

"It was all you wasn't it? You couldn't keep your mouth shut and now Leo's going to kill himself."

"No! He's going to suicide!"

"Idiot! That's the same thing!"

"Whatever! Just go find him! Being crippled doesn't work and I would have called N or something but I don't have his phone number anymo-"

Ken hung up.

"Who the hell was that? He was so freaking loud." Hyuna said, uncovering her covered ears. Ken peered at her then started speed walking off.

"You're like a female version of that dumb ."

"What did you say?!" Hyuna asked, offended. She chased after Ken and punched his side.

"I said. You're like that dumb Ravi! And that hurt! You're secretly a man, aren't you? Damn it! Oh, it hurts!" Ken cried.

Hyuna slowed down, eyes growing wide.

"That was Wonshik?" She asked more to herself than Ken.

"Well duh. Who else is that loud when he talks? Well, besides you of course."

Hyuna punched him again.

"I'm not loud." She declared. Ken nodded and continued running.

"Yeah-yeah. I need to find Leo and since you clearly have nothing to do but find Hongbin, you can help." Ken said. Hyuna lagged behind Ken to whisper

"Why does he have to have a friend like you?"