Adopted

Natural Enemies

Hongbin and Minah stopped beside a small drug store and sat on the curb. Hongbin put his hands on his face and sighed deeply as Minah stared out into space.

It was awfully queit and still until Hongbin spoke.

"What now?" He asked, turning his head to Minah, who was sitin beside him. Minah looked at him then down to the cement.

"I don't know..." Minah said softly. She looked back up to Hongbin a few seconds later. "But I feel light and free." Her eyes lit up as a smle formed on her face. "Let's go play basketball." She suggested.

Hongbin let out an eased breath and ruffled Minah's hair.

"Okay. Let's go." He said, helping her up with a hand.

They headed to the public basketball court just a few blocks away.

 

"Where could he be." Ken muttered to himself as he came to a stop just outside Taekwoon's house.

He had just asked Minah's parents if they'd seen him but they said no and kicked them out.

"Why did you have to call them stupid?" Ken asked Hyuna as she stood by him with arms crossed out in front of her chest. She huffed.

"If Leo was my child, I'd watch over him like a hawk. Can't trust teenagers." Hyuna said as if she had abundant experience, making Ken almost barf.

"Yeah, sure. Now let's go find Leo." Ken said, walking off. Hyuna walked beside him.

"Hey. So you know Ravi well, right?" She asked. Ken nodded.

"Yeah. I know him like he's my own flesh and blood." Ken stated. "Why?" He asked. Hyuna shrugged.

"I don't know. My close friend has a crush on him and I just wanted to make sure he was an okay person." She lied. 

Ken hummed.

"I don't know...I think he's okay when he's not being annoying or dumb. But around girls? He's even more like that. So I'd tell your friend that he and he's a huge jerk. Tell her Ravi doesn't date girls and that he's gay. And...Oh! Tell her Ravi has a long distance relationship with some dude in america and that he's really-OW! What the hell!?" Ken exclaimed, after getting punched on the arm. He rubbed and blew on his newly gained bruise.

"Shut up! He isn't gay! You're gay!" Hyuna yelled, slapping Ken again in the same area. Ken groaned and grunted at the unbearable pain.

"What the hell?! You wanted to know!" Ken pointed out. 

"Idiot! You're supposed to tell me what type of girl Ravi likes! Not lie about him!" Hyuna said, angry. Ken groaned.

"Aish. Stupid girls-YAH!" Hyuna smacked him again.

"Just tell me!" She demanded. Ken blew a rasberry.

"Fine. He likes a pretty girl with a sense of awareness and PROPER!! THOUGHTS!" Ken informed, almost screaming the last two words. "And you are clearly not like that so you won't have a friend like that. Now will you stop talking about him? I'm sure your little friend will find out soon enough." Ken said.

Hyuna slapped Ken across the face.

"You're the biggest jerk I've ever met." She said before turning and walking off.

Ken scoffed.

"Jerk? You're a scary devil, you." He said, clicking his tongue.

He suddenly hiccuped then again and again.

"Freaking*hiccup* Leo. Always*hiccup* making people*hiccup* people stressed. Wh*hiccup* ere could he*hiccup*  be?" Ken wondered to himself as he watched Hyuna walk out of his sight.

 

Hyuk sighed. He's been serving detention for almost an hour now and he was beyond the point of bored.

"Aish." He groaned to himself. 

At least he only had a few minutes left.

PING!

Hyuk jumped at the noise from his phone. It was the loudest thing he's heard since an hour now.

He checked his phone.

Barbie: Hyuk?

Hyuk cocked a brow.

How did Ken get his number?

Hyuk: Yes? What?

Barbie: Leo=suicidal -_-

Hyuk: When? Y? Is he ok?

Barbie: Ravi says Leo visited him and Ravi=idiot so Leo's killing himself

Hyuk: Leo's killing himself cause Ravi=idiot?

Barbie: No! MINAH

Hyuk: Ooohhh. Kk. Need help?

Barbie: R u at skool?

Hyuk: Yep

Barbie: Meet me in secret hideout aka SEAT

 

"My times up, Teach. May I leave?" Hyuk asked. His dad nodded and continued flipping through papers.

Hyuk rushed to the storage room once he stepped out of his father's sight.

Hyuk went up to the storage room's door and was about to open it, seeing a little crack, but was pulled back. 

Ken held a hand over Hyuk's mouth as he peered into the hole.

They heard voices.

Two boys.

"Do you think you'll be team captain now that Leo's out?" One voice asked.

"Pfft. Of course. Soccer season has already begun and he won't be back till next week at least." The other voice said in a cocky voice.

Hyuk felt like busting in and then busting both their butts but Ken held him back.

"That little lower class girl. Isn't she Leo's sister?"

"Yeah. So what?"

"I hear that Hongbin's been getting real close to her. Leo's not going to like that. But he is out so Hongbin can win her over in that time, right? I really dispise him."

"What? You have a little crush?"

"Shut up, dude. It's not a crush. I just think she's so annoying."

"Did she do something to you?"

"I asked her out but she couldn't keep her little mouth shut and told Leo. All I've been recieving is a ball to the face nowadays. It's really not fair."

"You're stupid. Why would you like such a mindless girl? The real woman is Seohyun. Although she's gone, I used to day dream about her all the time. She's hot. And guess what?"

"What?"

"She's supposed to be back a few days from now." Hyuk's heart skipped.

"Really? I'm going to make a move on her-

"What did you say?!" Hyuk demanded, kicking the door open angrily. The two soccer players, Doojoon and Junsu, froze with wide eyes.

"H-Hyuk! What are you doing here?!" Doojoon asked, still in shock.

"Who's making a move on who?" Hyuk asked in a deep, deathly tone. Doojoon and Junsu backed up.

"No one. We didn't say that." Junsu said. Hyuk punched Doojoon in the face, making him fall back into a bag of balls.

"Get out of my sight." Hyuk spat.

Junsu and Doojoon disappeared in a matter of seconds.

"Wow. Real mature-real mature." Ken said as he walked in and shut the door tight. "I mean. I don't blame them for saying that..." Hyuk's eyes grew wide and angry, making Ken re-think his words. "Because. Those two are like. Sooo dumb. Am I right?" Ken said unconvincingly. 

Hyuk huffed before taking a seat on a ball carrier.

"What do we do?" He grumbledd. 

"About what?" Ken asked. 

"Seo-Leo dammit! Jung Taekwoon! Soccer Head!" Hyuk yelled. Ken scoffed and chuckled as he shook his head.

"You're ridiculous. Let's talk about Seohyun first. You do know she might have gotten a new boyfriend, right?" Ken said. 

"Shut up! Those two idiots were probably talking about someone else. And it's probably just a false rumor." Hyuk said. Ken shrugged.

"Okay. That could be true. Alrighty-then, about Leo. I needed N but I have no contact with him what-so-ever so I texted you." Ken said.

"How did you get a hold of me?" Hyuk asked, now remembering that he hadn't spoken with Ken in years.

"You didn't change your number and I thought I deleted it. But I gues not. Guess we weren't so apart, huh?" Ken said, smirking. Hyuk nodded.

"Okay. Leo. Let's find him." Hyuk said. Ken nodded.

"Um. I checked everywhere he ever went when I knew him so I'm out of ideas. Did he find a new place to hang out in-between the years?" Ken asked. Hyuk frowned in thought.

"Umm...I don't think he really ever went anywhere now that I think of it. He was always just where she was." Hyuk said.

"Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's go find her!" Ken said enthusiatically as he opened the door and left. Hyuk sighed and let out huge breaths.

He won't let her get to him again. 

They'll settle it when and if she dare shows.

 

Hongbin and Minah walked up to the gate and halted.

 

CLOSED

 

Hongbin sighed.

"Sorry. I forgot they weren't open at this time." He said. 

"It's okay." Minah said. "We can go to school instead. Come on!" She said, pulling Hongbin and running toward the school.

Once they reached the courts, the both of them were breathless. 

"I'll go get a ball.' Hongbin said in-between breaths. Minah nodded and leaned against the basket's pole.

"Hurry back!" Minah called after Hongbin.

"I will!" Hongbin yelled back before turning the corner. 

Minah smiled and looked up to the darkening sky with a breathy sigh. But as she did so. Her heart dropped and her smile quickly faded.

There on the roof of the school.

She was sure.

It was 

Taekwoon.

 

Hongbin was jogging to the sports shed when he ran into Hyuk and Ken.

"What are you doing here? I thought you ditched me and went home." Ken said, offended. 

"Oh. I'm here for practice." Hongbin said. Ken crossed his arms.

"We don't have practice today." He said accusingly. 

"Yeah. I'm practicing just for the sake of pracice." Hongbin said, trying to get passed Ken. Ken held out an arm.

"Why are you really here?"

"Why does it matter?" Hyuk said, annoyed. "Let's just go find Leo before he actually kills himself. Come on." Hyuk urged, pulling Ken by the arm.

"Wait! But-Okay, tell me tomorrow! I'll come over since there's no school tomorrow! Bye!" Ken shouted back as Hyuk pulled him along.

Once the two were gone, Hongbin went into the storage and looked around for a basketball.

He sighed as memories returned of him and Taekwoon. 

 

*Flashback*

 

It was only a few years ago when Minah left. And Taekwoon became a darker individual. 

He wasn't always like that.

It was just that something happened.

Something Hongbin didn't even know.

So he tried to ask and it backfired.

 

"Why won't you tell me?!" Hongbin bursted. 

They've just been at soccer and basketball practice, and being the captians, they had to put all the equipment away.

"You don't have to know!!" Taekwoon yelled, smacking Hongbin's hand.

"I need to know!" Hongbin said. 

"Shut up! It's my problem!" Taekwoon shouted before shoving Hongbin out of the doorway and walking out.

 

*Present*

 

Hongbin grabbed a ball from the ball bag in the corner of the shed and hurried out.

 

Minah rushed up the stairs and turned the knob to the roof. She pushed open the door and hurried out.

"Oppa!" Minah screamed.

Taekwoon turned around slowly but with meaning. He stood clenching onto the fence surrounding the edges. The fences were put up after a student suicided a few years back.

The soccer team captain.

He got sick and was unable to play again and he knew it so he decided dying would end his pain.

Taekwoon smiled slightly at the sight of the sister he'd thought he'd lost.

"Minah." 

Minah ran up and hugged Taekwoon, crying.

"What's wrong with you?! You gave me a heart attack!" She stated, squeezing him. Taekwoon pushed Minah away and looked at Minah's lips to see if Ravi spoke the truth. 

He did.

"Minah, I have to tell you something." Taekwoon said in a smooth voice. Minah noticed Taekwoon's sad, frozen face.

She's never seen him like this.

Taekwoon looked at Minah with painful, hurt eyes.

"I...I should have told you this before." Taekwoon said, choking on his own words. His eyes began watering. "I know you don't think your parents love you. But they do. With all their hearts. They love you more than me, an adopted child." Taekwoon said.

Minah's brows narrowed.

She was confused.

"Wait. I don't get it." Minah said unsurely. Taekwoon let out a harsh breath and pulled Minah into his chest.

"I mean I'm adopted...not you, Jung Minah."