Deadly Secrets

Natural Enemies

"Minah?" Taekwoon managed as Minah approached him.

Minah hugged him.

"How have you been, Leo?" Minah asked once she pushed back.

Taekwoon was lost for words and all he could do was stare at Minah.

"Are you okay?" Minah asked, before being dragged away from Taekwoon by Hyuna.

"Say hi to Hyunseung Oppa, Minah." Hyuna said.

"Hey there Minah. My little bro always talks about you. You're an amazing person." Hyunseung said, shaking Minah's hand.

Minah glanced over at Taekwoon and nodded.

"Yeah. So he thinks." Minah says.

"Oh! Would you two like to play soccer with us? It's more fun when there are more people." Hyunseung says as Hyuna jumps on him.

"I wanna be on Oppa's team!" Hyuna declared.

Minah shook her head and stepped back.

"Sorry, but I'm more into basketball than soccer." Minah says as she looks to Taekwoon, who looks away.

"Oh? So you can't play soccer at all? Or are you against soccer?" Hyunseung says as he stands beside Hyuna.

"I'm sorry. But I won't be playing-"

"Minah-"

"Minah!! There you are!" Hongbin shouted, interrupting Taekwoon.

Hongbin, Ken, and Hyuk came running down the cement pathway.

"Where have you been?!" Ken shouted. "And you're BLONDE!!!" Ken shouted again in more shock then ever.

"I told you." Hyuk mumbled as they approached Minah.

Taekwoon frowned and stepped up to Hongbin, holding him by the shirt collar.

"What did you do to her?" Taekwoon growled. Hongbin held Taekwoon firmly by the wrist.

"She's not your anymore. So why does it matter?" Hongbin said, getting socked in the face.

Hongbin shook his head and re-adjusted his jaw.

"That doesn't mean I don't care about her anymore." Taekwoon said. 

"Yah! You two, stop fighting!" Hyunseung demanded, rushing over and standing between them. "Bro, let it go." Hyunseung said to Taekwoon. Taekwoon pushed him aside.

"No. It's my life. I'll deal with it however I want-"

"You're bleeding." Hyunseung said sternly.

Taekwoon brought a thumb up and dabbed the corners of his lips. Sure enough, he was bleeding.

Taekwoon started heaving and coughing. He covered his mouth with a hand and walked away.

"Hope that kid'll be fine." Hyunseung said, watching Taekwoon walk off.

"He'll be just fine. I've seen him from time-to-time and he always heals after these things." Hyuna said. Hyunseung nodded and looked to where Minah was arguing with Ken and Hyuk.

"I told you. I'm not going with you-"

"Oh. Yes. You. Are." Ken said.

"Come on. We have to help you. There's something wrong with your head." Hyuk said.

Hongbin sighed as he watched, trying to think of something that would convince Minah to go with him-

"Hongbin Oppa! Let's go!" Minah shouted as she skipped over to Hongbin and hung onto his arm. "Let's go to your house, Oppa." Minah said, batting her eyes.

Hongbin was taken by surprise and thought Minah should have just stayed at his house in the first place.

"Bye, guys! We're going back to my house!" Hongbin called as Minah pulled him behind her.

Ken frowned and waved as his heart dropped.

"Alright! There's no need to thank me! Or Hyuk! Or Hyuna! Or Hyunseung! Or Leo! Or me! Or yourself! Or the park! Or that dog-peeing on the pole-! Or the guy above! Or-HYUK~!" Ken cried, rubbing the section of his head where he had been hit with a smart phone. "Why did you use the sharp edge~?" Ken complained.

"Shut up! You're just lucky I haven't used all four edges yet!" 

 

Taekwoon looked into his palm.

The only color he saw was red.

Dark red.

Blood.

Then he started coughing again, only to paint the mirror in the men's restroom red.

Taekwoon couldn't figure out why Minah had transformed that much.

He didn't know how Minah became so unloving.

So inhuman.

She doesn't even call him "Oppa" anymore.

Taekwoon coughed again.

It's only getting worst.

 

*Flashback*

 

Taekwoon opened his eyes slightly to a bare, lonely, white, hospital room.

He could taste metal in his mouth and decided it was his own.

He tried sitting up when he heard-

"Woah, Taekwoon! Lay back down." Taekwoon's personal doctor, Yoon Doojoon, demanded.

Taekwoon did as he was told.

"Ugh. What happened?" Taekwoon asked, feeling small shocks of pain crawl through his body.

Dr. Yoon took a seat beside Taekwoon's bed and sighed.

"You over ran yourself again and ended up in the hospital." He said bluntly. Taekwoon groaned and hit himself in the face.

"Where's Minah?" Taekwoon asked, worried. Dr. Yoon sighed deeply.

"She was just here. She helped us calm you down." He said.

"What do you mean, calm me down? What was I doing?" Taekwoon asked, then his eyes went wide and Dr. Yoon knew exactly what he was thinking.

Taekwoon's a bright kid.

But not bright enough.

"Did you tell them!?" Taekwoon shouted, immediately regretting it and falling back onto the bed with pain.

Dr. Yoon sighed and stood.

"Why would I? You're the one that has Hemoptysis. Not me." He said before leaving Taekwoon alone in the room. He popped his hed back in. "Oh, yeah. And if you plan on running away, you can always contact me. I know I can't stop you." Then he disappeared for real.

 

*Present*

 

Taekwoon knows he might not make it. That's why he wants to let Minah go but it's harder than he thought.

Taekwoon collapses onto the tile floor and can't breathe.

 

"I already told you why! Nature freaking calls, alright?! Seriously-AHH!! Leo! What the !!" Ken screamed when he entered the restroom, Hyuk immediately rushing in after him.

"Leo!" Hyuk exclaimed as he jumped to Taekwoon's side and felt his pulse. He slapped Taekwoon's cheek continuosly. "Stay with me, buddy." He turned to Ken, who was frozen. "Call the freaking ambulance, idiot!"

Ken nodded and did so.

Within minutes, they heard the siren and got into the ambulance with Taekwoon.

"What's wrong with him?" Hyuk asked the doctor sitting beside Ken.

"It may just be that his bronchial tubes are irratated with bronchitis. He's coughing up a large amount of blood but we'll investigate further into it once we get him to the hospital." The doctor replied.

Hyuk rubbed his temple.

Great. Now I have two annoying sick friends.

"Wait, what? Leo's gonna die?" Ken asked.

The doctor shook his head and answered "no"

Ken bit his lips.

. . . ...

 

Hyuk and Ken sat once again in the waiting room wondering how they got here.

"Tomorrow's school and it's nine already. You can go home and I'll wait." Hyuk suggested to Ken, who shook his head.

"Nah. I want to stay and support him since I haven't done that in so long, you know." Ken said. Hyuk nodded.

"Yeah. I guess you're right. Let's just both stay here and wait then, although we could use Minah's help. What do you think's going on in her head anyway?" Hyuk said. Ken raise his shoulders.

"I don't know, but Leo's not the only one feeling like he's gonna die. I feel like that too. Especially when Minah...I don't know." Ken said.

"When Minah what?" Hyuk pushed. Ken shook his head and cupped his face with his palms.

"I don't know but I always feel like a part of me is lost when Minah looks at someone besides me." Ken said, making Hyuk choke on air. Ken smacked his back.

"Yah! Are you laughing at me now?" Ken yelled. Hyuk smiled brightly and smacked Ken's back.

"You're stupid! That just means you like her...wait..." Hyuk put a finger on his chin. "If you like her and Leo likes her and Hongbin likes her...Doesn't that make it a love square?" Hyuk said. Ken an invisible beard.

"Umm. Yeah...White flag. I'm waving a white flag. I can't win against those two lunatics, okay? They're scary. And I don't even like Minah that much anymore. She's different now-"

The door opened.

Dr. Yoon stepped inside.

"Are you two boys with Taekwoon?" He asked. They both nodded and bowed before standing.

"Well...I don't know if I should tell you this but...Here goes..." Dr. Yoon took in a deep breath before letting it out and speaking. "Listen. Taekwoon wants me to keep this a secret until...maybe until he dies from it. But he has a form of cancer."

Hyuk and Ken's heart plumetted at the same time.

They could feel it.

Ken looked helplessly over at Hyuk, who looked away and at the cold tile.

Dr. Yoon continued.

"It's not easy to determine if he has carcinoma, adenocarcinoma, or large cell carcinoma. But we'll try our best to unviel that fact. Although it's been almost a year now-"

"A year!!?" Hyuk exclaimed. "How could he do this to me!? We've been friends for so long! Leo, you son of a !!" Hyuk screamed, punching himself on the head.

Ken tried to hold it together.

"I-Is there a-anything else we." Ken swallowed past a knot that had formed in his throat. "Need to know?" Ken asked, bitting his lips.

Dr. Yoon shook his head.

"You boys can go home now. Taekwoon's alright for the time-being." 

 

Ken could hear Hyuk's father's voice as he left Hyuk's house.

He felt weird.

He felt something he hadn't felt since his parents passed away when he was young.

When he first met the bright little Taekwoon.

Ken had betrayed his savior by taking Hongbin's side.

But basketball is his sport afterall.

Ken could finally let his tear fall free as he looked up at the stars.

"Mom. Dad. Don't let Leo die." Ken said just above a whisper.

 

Ravi stared at the stars outside his window while lying on his bed.

He was reminded of how he was too cowardly to say anything decent back to-

"Ow!" 

A rock had flown in and hit Ravi right in the you-know-what.

"Ah, !" Ravi exclaimed in pain as he curled up on his bed.

"I'm sorry! Did I hit you again?!" Hyuna called up, wincing.

Ravi froze for a second then made sure he was okay to move before moving for the door.

"I just came back to tell you that you'll find someone eventually! Even if she is better than me! I know she will make your wishes come true!"

Her heart hurts.

"Wonshik! Thank you! Just for existing, you've made my life so much brighter! I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you! Loving you was the only thing that kept me going!"

Her eyes burn.

"So I just want to hear it once! Please say my name once! Because I know you don't feel the same way about me, I just want my goodbye to be a little like how I had imagined it to be! I know I'm being selfish and you might even have a girlfriend already! So please. Please say my name-"

"Hyuna."

Hyuna's wet eyes became wide as Ravi hobbled to meet the light she was standing in. Ravi reached out and skimmed Hyuna's face with the back of his hand. Even if he was trembling.

"Hyuna." He said again.

Tears streamed from Hyuna's eyes, smearing her make-up, but neither of them cared.

In fact, Ravi thought she looked even prettier just by standing directly in front of him.

He could get used to this.

Ravi leaned in and was literally shaking.

He shook more than Hyuna did.

But as their lips met, Ravi seemed to calm and so did Hyuna.

After the kiss, they stood there for a moment to just take everything in.(Just in case it was a dream)

With a simple "See you at school," they seperated.

But they never really did seperate because all the other could think of was the other.

 

Hongbin doesn't know what to do...

Minah's on top of him...

And she won't get off...