Seohyun Returns part 3

Natural Enemies

Ken walked up to Minah's house.

"How could one person cause so much trouble. Is it cause he's a soccer player?" Ken mumbled to himself as he stepped up to the door.

Ken hesitated.

Last time, Ken had a feeling that Taekwoon's parents didn't actually care for him.

Ken huffed before putting up a knuckle and knocking on the wood.

The door opened, revealing Minah's shorter mother.

"Oh. Hello, Ken. It's you again. Why are you here?" She asked, wearing an apron.

Ken bowed.

"Hello, Mrs. Jung. I'm here to see your son, Taekwoon." Ken said.

Mrs. Jung's eyebrows narrowed.

"He's not here. Go look for him somewhere else-"

"Yah." 

Mrs. Jung looked up with eyes full of surprise.

Ken spoke with a hard voice.

"If you don't care about him then why did you bother?" Ken asked.

Mrs. Jung looked away.

"It wasn't my choice." 

Then she shut the door in front of Ken's face.

Ken put his hands on his hips and let out a loud breathy sigh.

"Aish~ Now what?" Ken groaned, scratching the back of his head.

"Ken?" 

Ken whipped his head around to see Minah standing on the sidewalk with a bag from the drugstore down the block.

"Minah? Do you know where Leo is?" Ken asked.

Minah pointed toward the side of the house and held up the bag.

"He's hurt. But he's in my bedroom." Minah said, starting toward her bedroom window.

Ken nodded and hurried before her.

"Good. He's coming with me." Ken stated.

"Wait, what? Where are you taking him?" Minah asked, catching up to Ken.

Ken crawled in the window to see a sleeping Taekwoon on Minah's bed.

Minah crawled in after him as he made his way to Taekwoon.

Ken shook him awake.

"Yah! Leo! Leo! Wake up!!" Ken shouted, immediately being shut up by Minah's palm.

Minah put a hand over Ken's mouth.

"Hush. I don't want my parents coming in here. I don't think they like Oppa Taekwoon anymore." Minah said.

Ken blushed a faint pink as Minah removed her hand from his lips.

"Okay. Where are you taking him?" Minah asked again.

"To the hospital. He's apparently recieving my captain's liver." Ken said, sighing. "How is he going to play well now?" 

"Wait, what? Taekwoon's recieving what from who?" Minah questioned.

Ken froze up.

"Umm. You'll find out."

"But-"

"Let's hurry and go." Ken said, pulling Taekwoon up into a sitting position.

Taekwoon grumbled and rubbed his eyes.

"What the...Ken?" Taekwoon mumbled.

"Yes-yes. It's Ken. Now hold your core." Ken said.

Taekwoon did as he was told because he wasn't fully awake and let Ken carry him out the window and down the street.

"He's so tired." Minah said, petting Taekwoon's head. "It's all my fault." Minah said.

Ken bit his lip.

"Come on. He had it coming." Ken pointed out. "If he hadn't been so overprotective of you, he'd still be perfectly fine-OW! What the hell!?" Ken shouted when Taekwoon managed to smack him in the face.

"Shut up, ." Taekwoon grumbled, Minah giggling.

Ken was about to start shouting but his mouth hung loosely and his eyes were glued on Minah.

"Shall we hurry then?" Minah said, speeding up.

"Yah, wait!" Ken called as he sped up with Taekwoon's weight on him.

 

Ravi tried calling Hyuk but he kept being sent straight to voicemail.

Just then, he recieves a call from Ken, telling him to go to the hospital immediately.

Ravi groans as he gets up on his feet and heads to the hospital.

Once Ravi gets to the hospital, Ken's already there dragging him to the surgery rooms.

"What's going on? Why are we here-Oh. Hey, Minah." Ravi waved as they meet up with Minah in the waiting room.

"I'm really starting to hate this room." Ravi grumbled as he sat down to take some pressure off his ankle. Ravi looked up. "At least they fixed the lights."

Minah stood against the wall and squeezed her hands together.

"Please make it, Oppa." She whispered.

"So why are we here?" Ravi asked Ken as Ken grabbed a styrofoam cup from the coffee table.

Ken punctured his nail in the weak white belly of the cup and his jaw clenched.

"To take care of our school's idiotic sports team captains." Ken said, half growling.

Ravi frowned.

"What do you mean-"

"Basketball's giving soccer an organ." Ken clearified.

Ravi still didn't get it.

But it wasn't his fault.

Ken explained what had happened the last few days.

All about Taekwoon's condition and Seohyun returning and how Ken was supposed to wear jeans that day but his neighbor's dog snuck in and ripped them up again and well...everything.

"No way." Ravi breathed. All this was happening as he had his little loveydovey time with Hyuna.

Ravi heaved a deep sigh and sat back, putting his head in his hands.

The room was still and quiet until the door swung open.

"The operation..." The nurse stopped talking before urging them to go with her, they all followed her in a hurry.

Minah ran to the room first.

The surgical room was a mess.

There was blood splattered all over the floor and surgical equipment.

The only one in the room was Hongbin, holding a jar.

The jar containing his own liver.

Hongbin has blood splattered all over his face and neck.

His eyes are empty as he stares off into a wole different universe.

One where there wasn't someone who hated him to the point where he'd die instead of recieving Hongbin's liver.

"Oppa-"

"Don't." The nurse said, putting an arm out in front of Minah. "You cannot speak to the patient when he is in a trance. He'll need medical help. So I'll have to ask you all to leave now-"

"No!" Ken pushed the nurse aside and stomped over to Hongbin, who sat silently on the bed.

Ken shook Hongbin's shoulders as the nurse shook her head.

"It's not going to work!" She said.

"Wake up! Wake up, you er!! Stop doing this to me!" Ken screaed, shaking Hongbin's body feriously. "Hongbin!! YOU SON OF A !!"

Ken socked Hongbin across the face but Hongbin didn't flinch, making Ken gather more blood on his knuckles.

Ravi held Minah on her feet with one arm as he watched on.

Minah screamed and cried as the nurse ran for help.

Ken kept trowing blind punches at Hongbin, sometimes missing the basketball captain entirely.

Ken finally stopped once his fists were covered with blood up to his wrists and he held Hongbin's shirt collar, clenching it.

Hongbin stared through into Ken's soul as Ken leaked rivers of salt silently.

Ken tugged Hongbin close so he could whisper to Hongbin.

"If you could read my mind, you'd be in tears."

 

Taekwoon lie beside the huge lake in the park.

It was getting dark so people were heading home.

The world seemed to move so fast around Taekwoon.

He was covered in blood from earlier when he shouted at Hongbin and stepped on a blood packet.

He was outraged when he awoken on the hospital bed.

Seeing Minah again was all a dream.

Taekwoon slipped his right arm into the lake, creating a circle of blood around his flesh.

He felt the slim and small minerals colored bright red to charcoal black.

Taekwoon's fire used to burn so brightly.

"Taekwoon."

Taekwoon couldn't find the urge to move so he stayed still, feeling the water's ripples tossle his elbow back and forth.

"Listen to your uncle!"

Taekwoon shut his eyes before speaking slowly.

"Why did you do it?"

Dr. Yoon sighed and kicked a rock into the water.

"You need a liver-"

"Why his?"

"He was the only person I knew would do it."

"Why would he-"

"He's desperate to be your friend again, Taekwoon. I know it wasn't good for you two but you should give him another chance-"

Taekwoon scoffed, letting a drop of blood trickle down his chin.

"That's what everyone says."

Taekwoon's uncle let out a breath before staring at the sunset.

"Everyone says that because it's the truth-"

"Well, if everyone knows the truth. Then where are my parents?" Taekwoon asked, silencing his uncle. "That's what I thought." Taekwon breathed.

Taekwoon's uncle sighed.

"Come back to the hospital and finish the procedure at least. You saw Hong-"

"Taboo it. I can't take him anymore." Taekwoon said.

His uncle peered over at his arm in the water as Taekwoon coughed out more dark blotches of blood.

Dr. Yoon waited because he knew Taekwoon's low blood level was going to knock him out in a few short minutes.

Once Taekwoon was out, they took him back to the hospital but had to wait for his blood levels to rise again.

They had Taekwoon on knockout gas before the procedure and during it.

 

Everyone was gathered in the dreaded waiting room.

N, Eunyoung, Hyuk, Seohyun, Ravi, Ken, and Minah were all there.

Suddenly the door opened and Hyuna and Hyunseong walked in.

Hyuna clung onto Hyunseong's shoulder.

"Hyuna, stop-"

"Hyuk-" Seohyun's voice caught as she caught Hyunseong's eyes.

Hyunseong swallowed, eyelids flickering.

"S-Seohyun?"

Seohyun quickly averted her eyes and ran out the room, Hyuk following with questions.

Hyuna looked to Hyunseong with question.

"Do you know her?" Hyuna asked.

Hyunseong blinked rapidly and wore a troubled face he rarely wore as he hurried out the room.

Hyuna cocked a brow before forgetting about him and running to Ravi.

N narrowed his brows and followed the three of them out, telling Eunyoung to stay put.

"She better not have done it again." N mumbled with the slightest hint of hate.