Unsure Feelings

Capture the Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara's POV

 

It took an hour to reach the beach. Chaerin parked her car in one of the restaurants parking lot in the area. I climbed out of the car immediately. I can't help but feel excited.

 

"I should have brought flip-flops." I uttered while looking at the wonderful view in front of me. I heard Chaerin chuckled.

 

"Well, good thing I brought a pair for you." She said while getting something from the back of the car. She handed me a paper bag which contains a pink pair of flip-flops. "I hope I guessed the right size of your foot." She added. This girl never fails to amaze me.

 

"You should have just told me to bring slippers, you know." I said as I pulled out the slippers out of the paper bag. "Impressive. Good guess." I praised her for guessing the right size of my foot. "Can I put these on already?"

 

"Sure. I'll wear mine too." Chaerin said as she walked towards the back of the car. I removed my boots and put those inside the paper bag. As soon as I changed my footwear, Chaerin went back wearing green slippers. "Ready?" She asked. I nodded my head. She grabbed the paper bag from me and put it inside the car.

 

"Do you want to eat first? It's almost lunch time." Chaerin said while looking at her watch.

 

"Hmm. Let's eat first." I replied. We walked inside a seafood restaurant. I ordered bourbon-glazed salmon while she ordered a grilled halibut peach and pepper salsa.

 

After ordering our food, we ended up telling stories about our jobs. We talked about silly and crazy experiences with our clients and how we both love photography. I love high fashion photography while Chaerin loves street photography. She told me that she brought me here so she can share the things that she love to me. Aside from admiring her passion, I can't help but admire everything about her. And I can't help but be happy because she makes me feel that I'm special. I wonder if she's a natural comfort-giver.

 

"Your boyfriend must be so lucky to have you." I told her. It's a half compliment and a half inquiry. Chaerin's boyfriend is surely lucky to have an amazing woman like her. But I also want to know if she's really in a relationship right now. I can't help but feel a little envious. I looked at her, she's staring at me, she smirked before looking down.

 

"I never had a boyfriend."  She said as she took a bite from her food. Though I felt relieved after hearing that, I must admit that I was a bit surprised.

 

"You're kidding, right?" I asked stupidly because Who would believe that this amazing girl in front of me never had a boyfriend?

 

"You really don't believe me?" She asked. I nodded. 

 

"Well, Ms. Park, you should believe me because it's the truth." She insisted.

 

"You never dated anyone?" I asked, I still can't believe it. She laughed.

 

"I dated a few guys before. But none of them captured my heart." She winked at me after saying it. I gulped. I can feel my blood going to my head.

 

"Well..." That's all I can say.

 

 

"Well?" She asked as she raised her left eyebrow. I wanted to tell her that she's so nice and pretty and amazing that's why I find it hard to believe that she never had a boyfriend. But I can't tell her because I feel like my tongue is tied. And I don't normally feel things like these towards a friend.

 

"Nothing. Let's eat. I want to go to the shore already." I said.

 

"Hmmm. Dara, have you had a boyfriend or boyfriends before?" She asked while looking at her food.

 

I hesitated to answer, but I asked her personal questions too.  "I had three. One from highschool, one from college..." I refused to tell about the third one, but I feel like telling everything to her, so I added "..and one from work." 

 

"Woah. You had a boyfriend for each stage of your life." She joked, probably to brighten up my mood because I can tell that she sensed I'm starting to be sad.

 

"I don't want a short-term relationship. I want a..." I was about to say that I want a boyfriend but when I looked at her, "I want someone who will be there for me for the rest of my life." I said to her while looking directly to her eyes. I do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter