Chaerin's Glow

Capture the Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin's POV

 

The photoshoot ended earlier than I thought. I was surprised because I was too busy thinking about the compliments Dara said to me earlier. My heart was beating a mile a minute, so fast that I feared I might actually faint. This is the first time I felt this way.  Is this love? Is love at first sight true? I've never been in love so I don't know. I dated few guys before, but I never felt something like this-something breathtaking and wonderful. Then suddenly I have these strong feelings towards Dara. Towards a girl. A girl? I do not know what to make of this. God, help me.
 

"Hey." A single word from her brought me back to my senses though my heart keeps pounding. 

 

"Hey." I said, slowly facing her.

 

"Spacing out again, huh?" She took a chair and sat beside me. She drank her water. Her forehead is covered in sweat causing some of her hair strands tousled on her face. Then I realized my own sweat trickling down my face too. Surely, it's not because of the heat but because of my nervousness whenever she's near me.

 

"Are you okay?" She asked, a frown was formed in her face. God, she's still beautiful despite of the messy hair and sweaty face.

 

"Yep. I'm just thinking about the remaining tasks that I should accomplish after the photo shoot. It's gonna be a hell week. I never get used to this, you see." I said. A hell week indeed. Aside from writing articles for the magazine, I'll be consumed by the thought of her. I don't know if I'll survive. All these things that she made me feel, these are all new to me.

 

"You can do it... I know you can. You'll be finished with all these things before you know it. Trust me." She said it as if she knows me well then she looked at me and smiled. Her smile could really melt a million hearts, including mine. "By the way, if I may ask, how old are you Chae?" She inquired.

 

"24... Why did you ask?" I'm curious.

 

"You're still young. Don't stress yourself too much. You have a great job. It's stressful, I know, but enjoy it. Appreciate the little things. Hmmm... Like your team. You're lucky because you have a really great team--one you can consider as a family." She said while looking around the studio. I sensed the sadness in her tone. But I must admit, she's a great comfort-giver. "Plus, you'll have wrinkles sooner if you continue to be like that." She teased. 

 

I chuckled. She's right. I might look older than my actual age if I continue to mope. 
"You can be a great consultant, you know. You seemed to experience a lot of things. Now, if I may ask too, how old are you?" 

 

"28" She looked at me, probably waiting for my reaction.

 

"Woah! Really? I thought you just graduated from college." I joked. But seriously, she doesn't look like she's 28. I thought we're at the same age. Then an unexpected question entered in my mind, making me anxious. I can feel a weird lump inside my throat. I don't want to think about it but what if she's already married? Or she's engaged? Man! I hate it! Am I going to ask her about it? So what if she's married or still single? What am I going to do with these feelings? What do you want, Chae? Speak up! 

 

And with all the courage I gathered even though my heart feels like it's going to explode any second, I told her, "I assume you have a serious relationship now with someone."

 

She grimaced before answering back, "I'm not in a relationship." She said as she looked down. I felt a great relief after hearing those words, but as soon as I noticed her sadness, I felt a knife cut through my heart. What makes you sad, Dara? Tell me. I'll listen. I wanted to know, but I don't have the nerve to ask.

 

"Oh, sorry." That's all I can say.

 

"I'll go now and help my crew carry our equipment in the truck." She said as she stood up. 

 

I nodded my head. "I'll see you next time. I'm looking forward to working with you again, Dara." I said. I wanted to make her feel that I enjoyed her company.

 

"Thank you, Chae. Until next time." She said as she walked away. I wanted to hug her. I have this urge to hug her, but I controlled myself. Now, at least I should find a way to talk to her and know her more because I can't wait for the next project to see her. I can't wait that long.

 

"Dara!" I called. Wow. Impulsive move, Chae. What are you going to say now? She stopped walking then faced me. "Why?" she asked.

 

"Can I, uhm... Can I invite you to go out with me? If you're not busy of course. I mean, you just came back from New York, right? Kim told me. I can help you meet new friends." Nice one, Chae. I hope she bought it.

 

She hesitated a little. I can feel it by the look on her face. "You don't need to do that, Chae. I can manage. I don't want to burden you." 

 

"No, you're not a burden. I-I just want to know you better. We'll be working with each other a lot for sure. Perhaps, you and I can go shopping or talk about life over coffee?" Wow. I should be proud of myself. I never asked someone on a date before. I've never been this desperate. I just wanted us to be friends or so I thought.

 

She giggled adorably. "You have my number, Chae." She said as she walked away again.

 

I'm stunned. Though I'm not getting my hopes up, I am happy that I can spend time with her any time as long as she's free.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Chaerin's condo

 

"Harin!" Chaerin called her sister as she entered the door. Harin has been living with Chaerin since she entered college. 

 

"Baby sis, where are you?!" Chaerin called again as she put her shoes inside the shoe cabinet.
 

She looked at the living room, went to the kitchen, and checked Harin's bedroom, but she didn't find h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter