Fluttering Hearts

Capture the Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin's POV 

I swear, I felt my heart jumped in my chest as soon as I heard her name. Why am I so nervous? This is weird.
 

I turned around to see her. Sandara is smiling at me. "Hi, Ms. Lee. Sorry, I'm late."
 

I think my world stopped turning when I looked at her. My heart is fluttering. I can feel the whole animal zoo in my stomach. Is she-- Yes, definitely. She's the sad woman in my photo. I know it's her. I've been staring at the photo every night. I can't be wrong. It must be her. She looks exactly like the woman in the photo. I could not believe my eyes.
 

"Are you okay, Ms. Lee?" Dara cut my thoughts. 

 
"Oh my God. I'm sorry. I'm just, well, I just ah, I couldn't sleep well last night that's why I'm spacing out. And I'm nervous, I thought you're not coming." I answered her tensely. 


Sandara chuckled at my response. God, she's smiling. I never thought I could see her smile. I mean, I didn't even expect that I would see the sad woman in my photo ever again. And now she's in front of me, giggling adorably.


"You're funny, Ms. Lee. I think Kim is right. He told me that I will like your personality." Dara said sincerely.

Oh no, I think my face is turning bright red right now. Think Chae. Think fast! What will you say?


"Oh. Haha! Thanks. By the way, stop calling me Ms. Lee. Call me Chae." Finally, I was able to say something. I extended my right hand for a hand shake. She looked at me while raising her eyebrows then she laughed.


I don't understand why she reacted that way. I just want a handshake. What's funny with that? I looked at my extended right hand. Shoot! I'm still holding my coffee cup and it seemed like I'm offering an empty cup of coffee to her. Oh my god. This is embarrassing. I was busy staring at her that's why I didn't notice that I'm still holding my cup. I looked at her and she's still laughing but trying to stop herself.


". I'm sorry." I said before putting away my coffee cup. I'm now laughing at myself too. "I'm really really sorry. God, what's wrong with me?" I palmed my forehead while laughing.


"Dara. Call me Dara, Chae." She extended her hand while smiling. At last, we had a proper handshake.
 

When I touched her hand, I don't want to let it go. She has a thin hand, but it's soft. I swear I could hold it the whole day. I won't be tired doing it. But of course I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter