Nightclub

Capture the Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara's POV

 

Chaerin and I decided to go home after watching the sunset. We didn't talk much after I kissed her cheek. I was surprised by my own action too. It was a spur of the moment. I just felt the urge to kiss her. A friend can kiss a friend, right? And friends can hold hands too. But with Chaerin, I felt something different. Is it normal to feel this way towards a friend? I only felt this way for my ex-boyfriends, though what I felt when Chaerin held my hand was more than that. I felt something so magical. I never felt that way before. Ugh, I can't think straight right now.  

 

"Dara." Her voice brought me back to reality.

 

"Yes?" I replied.

 

"You're home." She said. My mind was occupied by the thought of her that I didn't realize we reached home already.

 

"I'm sorry." I tried to unbuckle my seatbelt, but my hands were shaking so I failed. "Why can't this thing be removed?" I tried to sound annoyed just to hide my nervousness. 

 

"Let me help you." She said. She leaned closer to me before I could say that I can do it alone. Her face is so close to me. I swear I can hear my own heartbeat. I just closed my eyes to stop myself from kissing her cheek again. What the hell is happening to me. I can't feel this way for her.

 

"There you go." She said. I could finally breathe.

 

"Thank you." I replied while catching my breath.

 

"Are you okay?" She asked. Damn, I am being too obvious.

 

"Yes. I'm just tired. I enjoyed this day a lot." I looked at her. She smiled genuinely. Her eyes are smiling too. And her y mole is so irresistible that I ended up staring at it and then her lips. I quickly looked away when I realized what I was doing. I opened the car door. I looked at her again. "Thanks, Chae. Have a good night." I said before climbing out of the car. As soon as I closed the car door, Chaerin went out of the car too and immediately walked near me. 

 

"Dara, wait!" she shouted. "I... I just wanna say that I enjoyed this day as much as you did. And thank you too." She leaned closer and kissed my cheek. "Goodnight." She said before she walked away.

 

I was completely stunned. I waited for her to get inside the car and drove away before I went inside the house. I walked past my sister who's probably getting curious by my weird actions. I didn't greet her, I went straight to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. I drank it straight.

 

"May I know what is wrong with you or what's bothering you, my little sister?" Bom unnie asked. She followed me in the kitchen.

 

"Nothing. I'm just so thirsty." I lied. She'll be hysterical if I told her about my thoughts. 

 

"Really?" She inquired more. I sighed. 

 

"We went to the beach. I enjoyed taking pictures so much. I'm so tired. I forgot to buy water before going home that's why I'm still thirsty." I summarized everything about my day. Of course I omitted some parts of the story because I had to. I just said this so she'll stop asking questions. It's not that she's being annoying, I'm just not in the mood to talk about my day especially about the thing that's bothering me.

 

"Woah. At least you're having fun now instead of sulking in a corner." She said as she took two plates from the kitchen cabinet. "I already cooked dinner. Let's eat." She added. 

 

I tried to listen to my sister's stories during dinner to forget about what had happened earlier for a while. I managed to not think about it so much. Thanks to my sister who's been talking nonstop about the wedding preparations. After I washed the dishes, I took a shower and changed into my pajamas.

 

I heard my message alert tone. I took my phone from the bedside table before lying on my bed comfortably. Then I read the text.

 

From: Lee Chaerin

Thanks again for going out with me today. Hoping for another fun hangout with you. Goodnight! Sweet dreams! :)

 

I smiled widely right after I read her message. I'm battling with myself whether to reply or not. I decided not to, so I put my phone back on the table. I covered my body with a blanket and closed my eyes. I need to fall asleep fast before I could overthink about the things between me and Chae. But unfortunately, after two hours of trying, I can't sleep. I took my phone again and reread Chae's text message. She must be sleeping now. I decided to reply.

 

I am the one who should be thanking you. I really had a great day. Let's see if we can arrange another hangout schedule soon. Goodnight!

 

I put my phone back on the table. After a minute, I heard another message alert tone. Could it be her? Is she still awake? I quickly took my phone.

 

From: Lee Chaerin

Really? So, can you go out with me on Friday night? I want you to meet my friends. :)


It's her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter