Snapshots

Capture the Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin was taking random photos in New York Time Square.  She was enjoying it that she didn’t even realize the time, and even forgot that she was supposed to help her younger sister, Harin, to buy some souvenirs for their parents since it’s their last day in New York. 

 

Chaerin loves photography. She considers the camera shutter noise as music to her ears.  Once she gets hold of her camera, she can’t stop herself from taking photographs and having fun when shooting. The smiles of the people are precious to her. She loves taking photos of happy couples, children, elders, and tourists. Sometimes, she talks to some of her subjects and listens to their stories. 

 

“What the—“ Chaerin uttered when her sister blocked her view. 

 

“Come on, unnie.  We still need to buy souvenirs for mom and dad.” Harin said, trying to annoy Chaerin by blocking the camera view.

 

“Aren’t those enough?” Chaerin pointed at the paper bags her sister is holding.
 
 

“Uhm, these are mine. Well, I bought some for my friends. I need you to come with me and help me choose the souvenirs we’ll buy for mom and dad.  Hey, are you even listening to me?” Harin shaked her sister’s right shoulder when she noticed that Chaerin continued to take pictures instead of listening to her.

 

“Ugh, just few more minutes, please?” Chaerin pleaded, trying to push Harin away so she could continue taking pictures.

 

“Ugh, no. I already let you spent two hours for that. I did all the shopping here and I’m so tired.” Harin pouted her lips, thinking the gesture could persuade her sister.

 

Chaerin sighed. She’s guilty of not helping her sister though she knows her sister loves shopping as much as she loves taking pictures. “Okay. But can you give me one more minute... no, five minutes, please?” Chaerin looked at her younger sister with pleading eyes.

 

“Aren’t you tired yet? But okay, five minutes.” Harin gave up to her sister’s request. She looked around and found a nearby shop of clothes.

 

“I’ll be right there. Call me when you’re done. Be fast.” She started walking to the shop.

 

“Okay!” Chaerin shouted. 

 

“Five minutes!” Harin shouted back. 

 

Chaerin chuckled at her sister's reminder. She turned around and found an elderly couple who are holding hands. She took two shots of the amazing scene in front of her. The couple smiled at her and asked if they could look at the pictures. Chaerin excitedly showed the pictures to them. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter