Prolog

The Life of Rockstar

 

Rain. I Love Rain, but not with thunder and lightning. Both of that  make me scare, because it's remind me of my omma when she's in rage, drunk, high on drugs, and her men.

 

Today the weather not helping, because thunder and lighting raging outside, and my mother become a monster again. This is really not my day.

 

I hope and prayed to God that my omma can just go to sleep, but again this is really not my day and God not listening my prayer. Sometimes i wonder if even God exist?My omma curses God a lot, I Think she believes in God.

 

The rain soaks through my shirt and jeans. I snuck out from window in  my room as soon as omma finished give me a "lesson". The rains helped me wash away tears and blood in my bruised body, omma went after me with baseball bat and her fist , but i was use of this kind of pain.

 

As soon my bare feet touch down outside my window of our home, i ran across the tiny section of grass that separates my home to the one that Yonghwa calls home. I pray again that Yonghwa's mom hasn't decided to clean his room and not locked the window. Yonghwa always leaves his window unlocked for me- just because.

 

And again, God isn't listening to my prayer. Yonghwa's mom has been in his room, the window locked. I'm shivering because the rain so cold and i have no shoes, no coat, and now don't have a room to escape into. it's no use to try one of the other house, Jonghyun's dad is home and he can find me, Jungshin  and Minhyuk room's in second floor that is far too jump unless both of the helps me.

 

a sob escapes and i push the wet hair away from my face, and wince when i touch my swollen cheek. my mom has a good fits and added with the amount of drugs she has been taking. There was a noise from across the small garden. My omma has come back for round two and has discovered i'm gone.

 

My heart racing, i do the only thing i can think of. I ran, crawl and hide in dog house. I swallow a scream when my hand touches the dead rat. I wipe my hand on my soaked jeans and wrap my arms around my knees so i can't touch with the mouse again. I close my eyes and hope my omma not think to look for me again.

 

I must have fallen asleep. When i wake up, i hear Yonghwa and Minhyuk calling my name. Both sounds frantic. "Seohyun?" Yonghwa is beside me on outside of the dog house. "hyun?"

 

I try to peek from dog house, at first they don't notice me. Yonghwa is standing with Minhyuk, and both of them have on their band shirts that they let me help design. Minhyuk has his drum stick in his left hnd while his other's clenched into a fist. Yonghwa looks worried. "She wouldn't gone far."

 

"That f8cking witch, if I didn't think that they would take Seohyun from us I would call the cops so quick." Minhyuk's muttering.

 

"But they will, Min. And then she would be in worse place than she already is. At least here we can help and take carre of her." Yonghwa tells the drummer.

 

They conversation has always the same after every beating. If they called the cops, the social services would take me away. It isn't safer than its at my omma,maybe even worse. I'm  ten and I do understand what that means, because Yonghwa and the others have explained it to me than once.

 

I'm crawl out from the dog house, stiff and hurting. I'm swollen and bruised. And I can feel the tickle  in my throat that says I'm going to have a cough. Suddenly, strong arms are pulling me out. As soon as my feet are clear, I'm lifted into Yonghwa's arms.

 

"Fcuk" Minhyuk exclaims.

 

"Shut up, Min." Yonghwa bites out as his arms tighten around me. I can see the wheels  working in his mind. He is wondering where to take and hide me. I hear laughing from my house- my omma must have one of her boyfriends over, and there is sound from television coming from Yonghwa house- if his mom sees me like this, she will call the cops herself; neither is an option.

 

"My dad is gone." Minhyuk already walking toward his home. "Come on, Hyung"

 

By the time in Minhyuk and Jungshin Room, I'm shaking, cold and hurting so badly.

 

"We have to get her warm." Yonghwa says. " Start running the hot water, so i can give her a bath."

 

I hear water turning on from bathroom, Yonghwa sets me on my feet and start pulling off my wet shirt , and tugs my jeans along with my . He in deep breath when he sees the bruises, the deep blue turn to black on my legs and arms; the ones on my back and across my stomach.

 

"I'm sorry Hyunnie." He whispers." I'm really sorry.'

 

I don't say anything, because why must he's sorry. He didn't hit me, and this is not his fault. I might be only little girl but i understand he can't always beside me to protect. He has a band, and his band had played at a party from kids in his school. I wish they could have taken me, but i know that a ten year old at high school party it's no good idea.

 

"Hyung" Minhyuk called from bathroom. "I'm not sure if this is to hot or not. Come here and check it out."

 

Yonghwa leads me by the hand to the bathroom and then bends to feel the temperature." This should  be good."  He lifts me and places me in the water. I whimper when the water touches my gashes. It hurts but feels good on my cold legs. Soon the shaking stop. Yonghwa and Minhyuk washes me, trying to be gentle as their clean the wounds. Yonghwa jaw is clenched and I think there are tears in his eyes.

 

After my wounds clean and my hair smells good, Yonghwa ifts me from the water and wrap me in a towel. Minhyuk has a box of band-aids with keroro on it that he know i love. But there is also tube of the stingy ointment and i shake my head." No, that hurts."

 

Yonghwa's rubbing the towel to drying my body, still trying to bbe gentle. some of gashes are bleeding again and hurts when towel rubs accros them. After that done, Yonghwa Take the ointment from Minhyuk and I move away. "No way Oppa." I cried. " I don't want that."

 

"I know, Hyun it's hurts. But you don't want them to g et infected do you?" He is blinking and trying not to cry too. " If They get infected you will go to the doctor and got shot."

 

That's the magic word. Doctors and shots like Thunders and lightning to me, i reall hate them. So i sit on the bed and let him put ointment all over me, trying not to cry because it hurts. After  he is done, Minhyuk help me put the band-aids on. After each one they kiss the hurt and they always say. "Get better."

 

Minhyuk put one of his shirts on me. But it's so big that they have t tie knot in it so i don't trip when i walk. When i'm covered, Yonghwa carries me to small room beside Minhyuk and Jungshin room and tuck a blanket that smell like Minhyuk around me.

 

Jonghyun and Jungshin come into the room. Jonghyun bought me chicken nugget and cheeese burgers from McDonalds, and Jungshin give me a big dose of Tylenol. My stomach growl and I realize I haven't anything to eat since yesterday.

 

My stomach hurts after the first bite.  I sit and hold my tummy until the pain's gone. After i have eaten, i reach for my toy, a little stuffed animal with crazy hair and shirt. Yonghwa brushes the tangles from my damp hair. It's pulls, because it's hasn't been brushed in a while but he tries to be gentle.

 

As the brush works through my hair, my eyes begin to grow heavy and soon i am asleep.

 


*******************************************************************************************************

Thanks for subscribe this story, and sorry for gramatiical error and poor english

Hope you enjoy ^^