Story

Excuse me,will you be his mother?

The room was eerily silent,save the slightly harsh breathing of the kid.Minhee was sleeping away on the cot,her face streaked with tears.I looked at the clock,wondering when Jung will get back.It was past midnight and my arms were aching from holding the kid for so long.I was considering to try and put him on bed for just a few seconds to stretch my limbs when the door opened and Jung entered.He looked as if he had run a marathon.

'What took you so long?',I asked,getting up.

'I was being chased',he said,huffing a bit.I raised my eyebrows,but I was not surprised anymore.I shook my head and was about to hand the kid over to him when I noticed some bruises on his arms and face.I sighed.

'How come you are hurt all the time?',I mumbled,handing him the kid.The little boy squirmed a few moments as I watched with bated breathe,hoping he wouldn't cry again.His fever had gone down after a tense 5 hours and I didn't want it rising again.He settled down thankfully and I stretched my aching body.I motioned for Jung to put him on the bed.

'Go and take a bath.I will find clothes for you',I said,sighing a bit.What was happening these days.

'Sorry',Jung mumbled and I felt my heart softened.It was not exactly his fault.I nodded at him,smiling a bit.When I came back with some food and medicine,he was still in the shower.I kept the tray down and went to tuck the boy in. His cheeks had returned to their normal colour,albeit a bit pale.And his fever had started to break,judging from the thin sweat on his forhead.I wrapped the cotton blanket snuggly around the kid and went to look over at Minhee.The poor dear had cried a bit,confused about a new kid suddenly coming here.I placed a small kiss on her cheek,feeling guilty for leaving her alone.I heard the door open and looked up to only choke on my own breathe.

Jung had come out of shower with just a towel around his waist.Now,I was male too,but the other was just a freaking , fudging human version of a greek god.I knew Jung was well built,judging from his clothes' size.But this was beyond the imagination.Well built chest,arms and never ending legs.I wondered what it would feel to touch those ridges on his stomach and smacked my self mentally.

Pull yourself together,Jaejoong!

I nearly jumped when I found Jung almost invading my personal space.My heart felt like it wanted to jump out and just jump on him.

Or jump him,I thought and again slapped myself.Mentally.

'You ok?Your face is red',Jung said,his husky voice sending those stupid butterflies again dancing as if it was bloody spring.I needed a few moments before I captured back my lost voice.

'W-what?Yah!Wear clothes!You will catch cold',I sputtered out,throwing the clothes at him and turning around to make a great show of tucking my sister in.I just wanted to cool myslef down.I turned after a few minutes of unnecessary folding and shifting of the bedclothes to see Jung fully dressed again so my poor heart won't suffer again.The other trying to wrap a bandage around a cut on his arm.

'Here,let me do that',I said,taking the gauze from him.We were silent as I finished it and dressed the rest of the wounds.I wondered how the hell had he managed to get them.So many of them.

'Eat now.I will prepare something for you to sleep on',I said,getting up to search for extra blankets and pillows.I suddenly felt a warm hand on mine,stopping me.

'It's ok.I can sleep on floor',Jung said,rubbing a hand through his hair,messing them up.He avoided my gaze as he fidgeted with words. There was silence for sometime in which I suddenly realised that my cheeks were burning and the warm hand felt too warm on my wrist.I cleared my throat and pulled my hand away.

'It will be bad for your back.It's ok.Stay here.It's already so late.It won't be safe to go out.And your son is recovering from high fever.You better-?',I was interrupted by Jung.

'He is not my son',Jung said.I glanced at him before spreading out the straw mat and laying a thick blanket on it.

'Yeah sure',I muttered,smoothening the second blanket down.I was about to spread the bedcover when he stopped me.

'No really.I found him on the doorstep',he said.This made me pause and I turned to look at him.He seemed as calm as if talking about the weather.

'Wait.What?',I asked,trying to take in what I had heard.'He is not your child?'.

'I never said that he was.I just found him one day',he said,shrugging.As if it was completely normal to have a child be found randomly outside the door.I suddenly felt my head ache.I should see a therapist about the crazy things happening around me.

'You found him.And then what?You just decided to raise him?Do you know who left him?You could have left him at the orphanage',I said,sitting on my haunches on the halfmade makeshift bed.Jung just shrugged and I was left more slack jawed.What sort of person leaves their child?This felt too fishy and movie-like to be real.I shook my head, muttering something which was incomprehensible even to me.

'Ok,you took him in.Then?Your parents just accepted it?',I asked,getting back to finishing the bed.I turned to look at Jung and I could have sworn I saw something flash across his eyes.For a split second.

'I don't know my parents',he said as nonchalantly as before.There was a loud silence in which I fidgeted awkwardly.

'I am sorry',I whispered.I really didn't know what to do.Jung just shrugged as if it was nothing bothersome.I still felt bad so I tried to change topic.

'Well,what's his name?',I asked.

'Min',Jung answered,I raised my eyebrows and sighed again.For once I would like to have a non-complicated straight answer.

'Min?That's all?',I asked as I got up,tucking the blanket around Minhee which she had kicked away.

'Don't know.That was all there was on the note',he said.

Note?Oh god.What was this?Some bad,cliche drama coming true?A nameless,faceless person leaving their child and not even giving it's name.This is too wierd.Even for me.And that is saying something.

 

I sighed again,giving up.A glance at the clock told me that it would be sunrise in next couple of hours.Better get some shut-eye,even though I was wide awake.

 

'We should go to sleep now'I said,getting up,straighetning the pillow on the makeshift bed on the floor of my room.I checked Min's forehead and sighed in relief.His fever had broken.I gently wiped his body with a wet cloth,cleaning away the dirt and sweat.I put on an old onesie of Minhee and tucked a clean blanket around him.I got up to place all sick clothes in a hamper, noting to wash tomorrow.Thank goodness it was a weekend and appa was away on one of his work trips.I tucked in pillows on the kid's side and turned to see Jung already knocked out.I couldn't help but feel a twinge of sympathy as I looked at the half open eyes and mouth.It must be tough to raise a child on one's own.Especially if that child if not yours.I mean Minhee and I lost our mother,but our appa is still there.

I switched off the lights,wondering how Jung found the kid.And why did he keep the boy with himself instead of giving him to the orphanage.

I just hoped that the next day would be better.Enough happenings for a lifetime.

 

                                                                                                                -x-x-x-

 

once again I apologise for the bad chapter....

but the real fun begins now..XDD

do leave a comment or two as encouragement!!^^

kamsahamnida!!