Unexpected

Excuse me,will you be his mother?

'You look like you just ran a marathon',Kibum said as he sat down at his desk.

'I feel like I ran a marathon.All over my house',I said,without raising my head from the desk.Kibum chuckled as he kept his bag and turned to me.

'That bad?',he asked.

'Could have been worse',I commented.He chuckled again.I cracked an eye open to see him looking at me in amusement.I stuck my tongue out at him and he laughed.

'Why don't you just find an at-home baby-sitter,Jae?Won't it be easier to have someone come over when you and your father leave the house',he asked.I groaned before pushing myself off the desk.

'You know I don't trust the people.Kwon ahjumma has been our neighbour from long time.Plus,Minhee likes her.And I promised umma I will never let Minhee out of my sight',I said,sighing a bit.Kibum patted my arm in sympathy.

'But you should come over sometime.Umma misses you and also,his royal highness is back from Seoul',Kibum said,eyes sparkling.I sat up straighter.

'Heechul hyung is back?',I asked.

'And more of a diva than before.It's a wonder his bosses didn't kick him out yet',Kibum said,laughing.I chuckled as I pictured the effeminate man with cat-like eyes.Our talk was interrupted by a bag thumping down beside me.I looked at who that was and groaned.

'Ma',the voice came and Kibum laughed.

I looked warily as the kid crawled to wards me and i sighed in defeat as I picked him up.He seemed a bit warm. Shrugging it off as soaring summer temperatures,I sat him in my lap and he snuggled into me,drowsing away.I frowned lightly,feeling something odd.Usually,he would be bouncing around in energy and endless chatter.But today, something seemed off.May be he was tired.He was still a baby.

I looked at him once and I couldn't help but squeal on the inside at the red cheeks and the little thumb between the small lips.He was really adorable.Except for when he was awake.

'He is sleeping?How can he sleep so calmly with you and be a brat with me',Jung muttered,as he poked at one red cheek.I swatted his hand away,glaring at him as I patted the child back into dreamland.

'Keep you voice low and don't disturb him.He has fallen asleep.Isn't that good?',I said and looked away,ignoring the mutterings coming from my side.

I hope today's day will go peacefully.

                                                        -x-x-x-
I sighed as I shut my phone,looking next to me at Minhee who was babbling to herself beside me as we sat on a bench in the park,swatting at imaginary things in air.I looked at my watch.It was time to get home.I picked her up,straightening her clothes.

'Ok,baby.It's just you and me tonight.Again.Appa is away for 2 days',I said to Minhee,settling her down in my lap as I tried to find her cap.She crawled over me,nuzzling my neck with her nose.

'Stop it,Min-ah.It's tickling',I said,as I pulled the baby away.She giggled,climbing over me to tickle again.I mock glared at her and it just made her more adventurous as she tested her newly growing teeth which had barely started showing up,on my neck,the tiny hard lines pinching my skin.

'Yah,I am not a teething ring',I said,again pulling her away and looking at her.She blew a couple of raspberries, clapping her hands and generally enjoying annoying me.I looked at her,trying to put the strings on my jumper into .She reminded me of umma so many times.It was not just her looks,but something about how she behaved sometimes.

'J-J-Jae',she babbled suddenly,freezing me mid-thought.I looked at her,eyes wide.Did she just talk?She looked at me and giggled,trying to climb up my body.

'J-Jae',she said,giggling again.I just kept staring at her,still not believing my ears.

'Say again',I whispered.

'Jae!JaeJaeJaeJaeJae!!',she said,finding delight in repeating it like a broken record.While I was in still in delight and surprise at her first word.Well,it was not technically a word,but something sensible.Still,I was happy that my name,or a part of it was her first word.

'Aww,baby.For that,you will get something special for dinner.How about strawberries?',I asked her,cuddling her.She squealed in delight,her babbling increased.I chuckled as I strapped her on and got up,picking up my school bag.I should go the supermarket for strawberries and other stuff.I did feel like spoiling her.

It was well into the sunset when I was on my way home,chatting with my sister.I was nearing the park next to my house when someone crashed into me,sending me and Minhee almost stumbling to the grouns.I whipped around to shout at the perpetrator who was none other than Jung.

'Hey,can't you-yah!',I couldn't finish my sentence and before I could register what was happening,I was yanked by my hand and Jung running away,literally dragging me with him.As if we had a pack of wolves behind us.We didn't stop until we reached my home and had collapsed on the driveway,wheezing and panting.

'Why.The.Hell.Are.We.Always.Running.Whenever.I Meet.You?',I gasped out,nursing a stitch in my side as I threw a glare at the figure.And I had no idea what Minhee found funny in this situation.I saw Jung get up,stratching his arms.Atleast he had the sense to look sheepish.My gaze travelled to a red spot and torn cloth on his leg and sighed.

'And why is it that you are always in a fight when we meet?',I asked.'You are hurt.Again.'

'It's nothing.It will disappear in few days',he said in his deep voice which always managed to send those annoying butterflies in frenzy.I looked to see him holding onto that child of his constantly.As if he would fall off or something.I felt a my insticts prickle like it did in the morning which I ignored again.But something was off.The child seemed too quiet.Quite unnatural for the kid who thinks I am his umma.

'It's not nothing.It will get infected.Let me atleast clean it up.And you can lay that kid down',I said,as I opened the door.

I walked to my room and settled Minhee in her cot and turned to see Jung holding the kid awkwardly.I pointed at the bed as I went to get the medicine kit.When I returned,I saw him sitting on the bed,hawk eyes on the kid that lay sleeping.

'Tuck in pillows so he won't fall',I said as I covered the tiny body with one of Minhee'sblankets.I saw a few red splotches on it's chubby cheeks.Dismissing it as insect bites,I turned to pick up the medicine box when he let out a whimper.I turned to see Jung patting him,but it seemed useless as he squirmed slightly before breaking into sobs.I saw Jung pick him up as if he was a porcelain doll and I felt my instict pricking again.

'What happened to him?What are those red spots?',I asked as I looked closely at his cheeks.He was a bit pale and his breathing was slightly strained.Jung looked up and rubbed his neck,not answering but there was no need as a loud wail drew our attention.The kid was crying and his face was tomato red,eyes rather huge and reddish.I frowned as I touched his cheek and drew my had away from the scorching skin.

'Oh my god,he's burning!'

 

                                                                                                         -x-x-x-

 

Sorry for such an late update!!><...I was away on vacation.

What do u think?I wrote this as it was from my head...XDD

so forgive the lameness!!><

Next chapter will be better!!><

Kamsahamnida!!^^