Start of somethings?

Excuse me,will you be his mother?

I  woke up with a start disconcerted by the dream where I was dancing to a rock song and the Jung was watching me.What the heck?Stretching myself,I looked to see the room empty except for myself and Minhee who was watching me through the bars of her cot.

'Where's Jung and the other boy?',I asked,looking around.Minhee let out a babble,seeming happy that the other kid was not here.I drew the curtain apart letting in fresh sunlight.Stiffling a yawn,I glanced at the clock.It was nearly 8 am.Where could they have gone?They should aleast have left a note saying they were leaving.Or woken meup.That kid's fever justhad subsided.What if the temperature raises again.

Grumbling to myself,I went straight into the bathroom to get ready.Even their dirty clothes were not there.Sighing and giving up,I got ready myself before getting Minhee ready.Today was saturday.I had my part time job.Atleast I could take Minhee with me today.Thank god I had the morning shift for saturday.I could get the rest of saturday and whole of sunday to myself. Which meant playing with Minhee the entire time.I didn't know where she got so much energy from.I sometimes got tired by just looking at her.

We gulped our breakfasts,which included packing our lunch at the same time.And we were out the door with a few minutes spare.It was a lovely day,nice for mid-summer.I absentmindedly tied Minhee's hat,my thoughts still on Jung and the little boy.

                                                -x-x-x-

'Thank you for the work,Jaejoong-ah',Shim ahjumma said,as I removed my apron and folded it carefully,keeping it in my shelf.I smile back as I went to fetch Minhee who was playing with ahjumma's 6 year old granddaughter.Jihyeon semed loath to leave Minhee and me.

'Can we play for 5 minutes more,Jaejae?',she asked,holding onto my shirt and looking me with those big black eyes.I was a goo before that bunny gaze,but Shim ahjumma interrupted me.

'Not today Jihyeonnie.Jaejae has to go home today',she said,patting the small brown head.

'It's ok,ahjumma.I am not that busy anyways.Minhee is also happy playing',I said,as I kept Minhee on the carpet again.'And noona is yet to come,so I will help you some more'.

'You are a really kind person,Jaejoong.Just like your mother.I remember her when she first came here,looking like an angel',Shim ahjumma said,a far-away look in her eyes.I smiled slightly.Umma had always been unnaturally kind.My chest tightened as I gulped down the painful feeling in my throat.I had promised her and myself that I will take care of everyone without a complaint or a tear.

'Jaejoog-ah,it's ok.Let it go',Shim ahjumma said.I looked at her to see her smiling kindly at me.My voice constricted as I spoke,shaking my head.

'I promised umma',I said as I turned to go back to the shop,hoping to find customers to take my mind of these things.Thankfully there were two girls who were looking at a vase of nosegays.I was distracted easily as I helped one the girls pick up flowers for someone's birthday while her friend tried to flirt with me.I threw her off each time by being my proffesional best. She had a rather downcast look as I bowed them out of the shop.

'You should really find a date for yourself,Joongie',a cool voice came.I whipped to see a tall feminine man looking at me,the catlike eyes smiling.

'Hee hyung!',I yelled as I hugged the man.I heard the throaty laugh and stepped back,smiling hugely.I looked at the man I loved like a brother.He was dressed in simple,yet gorgeous clothes.His boots clicked as he looked around the flower shop.

'Nothing's changed much,has it?',he said as he turned to me.I nodded,still a stupid grin on my face.

'How are you,my pretty little bunny?And where is your sister?',he asked.I turned to fetch Minhee when I saw ahjumma coming out, carrying her,and Jihyeon following her grandmother.

'Oh,Heechul-ah!I see you are back from Seoul',ahjumma said,handing me my sister.

'Yes.Arrived this two days back.Came to take my bunny Joongie for lunch',he said,ruffling my hair.I pouted at him,flicking his hand away.Shim ahjumma laughed.I bowed in apology to ahjumma as I picked my bag.Promising Jihyoen that I will come to play again,I left with Heechul hyung who was amused by Minhee's constant babbling as he held her.

'So Joongie?Any dates?Anyone I should beat up who dared to get close to you?',he asked.I threw him glare.But he was unaffected.He,Junsu and Kibum alone knew where I leaned.

'Nothing of that sort.Anyways,why didn't you say anything to me about coming back.I got the news from Kibum',I said.

'That brat.I told him to keep it a secret.Wanted to surprise you.But seems he already made it public',Heechul said.I just nodded my head.We walked in silence for some time.

'I am sorry,Joongie',he said suddenly.I looked at him in question.He just shook his head,as he smiled at me in kindness.

'I am sorry for not being there for you when your mother passed away',he said softly.I didn't reply,prefering to look down to see Minhee fallen asleep on my chest.

'I am sorry for not being able to support you when you needed it the most',he said.I stopped and looked at him.

'It's alright,hyung.I have moved on.And I have promised umma I will look forward no matter what.I have appa and Minhee.I am fine,hyung',I said,smiling back.And really,I was more than happy to have a loving father and a cute baby sister.We again walked in silence when I remebered to go to supermarket.

'Have dinner at my place,bunny.Mom wants to meet you anyways.And it's almost evening now', Heechul said.I was not sure as I was still worried about Jung and little boy.I wanted to leave the matter as it was.But something was still nagging and worrying me.And I knew I wouldn't stop till I had firm answers.But Hee hyung was one seriously persuasive guy.No wonder his bosses hadn't kicked him out yet as he knew perfectly well how to persuade potential clients. I nodded a bit reluctantly as I followed him to his car.

                                                                        -x-x-x-

'Are you sure you will be fine?Kibum and Heechul can walk with you',Kim ahjumma said,looking worriedly as I wore my shoes.

'Yeah.Just let me get my jacket',Heechul hyung said.

'It's fine hyung.I will be alright.I have to just walk two blocks',I said,taking Minhee from Kibum.Heechul hyung nodded reluctantly.

'Fine.But call me when you you reach home',he said,like the mother hen he is.I smiled, promising him.I took leave of them and felt nice to feel a cool breeze in the still warm night. Minhee was nodding away.We both had eaten so much.Kim ahjumma was an excellent cook and with Hee hyung and her present,they had literally fed me till I was close to bursting.The walk was really relaxing.I was nearing my house when I saw a familiar figure walking on the other side of the road.

'Hey Jung!',I called out.He stopped and looked at me.He was holding the little boy very tenderly.I crossed the road,eager to give him a piece of my mind.

'Hey!You hav e any sense of responsibility?You left abruptly in the morning!You could have atleast left a note!And even Min wasn't there!His fever had just broken!Babies need as much rest as possible.I was so worried,you know!',I ranted,hands on hips and glaring my best.

'You were worried?',he asked,a mild surprise on his face.I didn't know whether I was irritated or exasperated at his lac of expressions and words.

'Yes,I was!And what are you doing out so late in the night?How is he?',I asked,looking at the kid who was curled up in Jung's arms.I put a hand to his forehead and sighed in relief.Atleast he had no fever.Though he was still a bit pale.

'Have you taken him to see a doctor?',I asked.Jung shook his head.I wished he would speak more.

'Going home?',I asked,trying to make conversation.He nodded again.

'I see.How will you be going.From what I got to know,you live pretty far.There will only be subways working now',I said as I patted Minhee back to sleep as she was stirring a bit.He shrugged and I withheld another sigh.I looked at the duo and something moved inside me.

'Stay the night at my place',I said,before I could stop myself.Jung looked at me in mild surprise.i was astonished myself too.How on earth did I end up inviting my sworn enemy to my place?That too for a sleepover.Well,it was not a sleepover exactly.We hardly knew each other.

'It's rather late.And Min hasn't recovered completely',I said,glancing at the kid.

'Are you sure?What about your parents?',he asked,looking slightly uncertain,and shy?I shook my head.A guy who shameless keeps asking to be a kid's mom is not categorised as shy.But, nonetheless,it was so cute and-?.Jaejoong,focus.

'My dad is out of town',I said,as we turned to leave.

'And your mother?',he asked.I paused a bit before answering.

'She is no more',I said.There was a moment of silence.

'I am sorry',he said.I smiled softly.

'It's ok.Don't be',I said.We walked to the door and I started fishing around for the key.He just stood silently as I opened the door.I stepped in and turned to invite him in when he looked straight into my eyes.

'Thank you,Kim',he said.

'No problem',I said and stopped mid-sentence by the look on Jung's face.My heart was doing those stupid flip-flops again.

But I also couldn't help but smile at the small grin on Jung's face.

                                     -x-x-x-

Hello!!who missed me?xD

I am really sorry for such late updates!T.T

It's my graduating year.so I am really busy these days!!!

I wish to finish this fic as soon as possible, so updates will be faster!!!

Do drop some feedback!!^^

Kamsahamnida!!