Mornings

Excuse me,will you be his mother?

There was a lot of bustling in the house as we were already late for our respective works. Last moment objects which were not found were hollered,and answered back in equally loud voices.There was a smell of burning from the kitchen and I cursed loudly. Which was followed by a loud wail of a small child.Which led to more cussing as I rushed upstairs.

'Appa!Please turn off the stove!I will be down in a moment',I shouted from upstairs as I picked up the small baby from the cradle.I rocked the tiny body,hoping that the little one will calm down.But the bawling grew louder.Sighing,I rushed downstairs with the baby on my hips.

'Hey sweety,sit here,ne?I will be back in moment',I said,kissing the soft mop of dark brown hair I settled the baby in the high chair.And turned to the smoking fried rice.I quickly filled the two lunch boxes lying on the kitchen counter as appa came in rushing, his tie and hair awry.I shook my head as I closed the lunch boxes and handed one to appa while slipping the other in my bag.I twisted quickly to turn of the heat under the boiling milk,lest it should overflow.

'Your lunch,appa',I said,as I filled the milk bottle and left it cool.

'Bye Jaejoong.I will be home-',appa started to say.

'-late',I finished the sentence,rolling my eyes.I have the dialogues all memorised.My father smiled sheepishly before he kissed the baby's head who gurgled in appreciation.

'Bye HeeHee.Be a good girl'.I went to close the door and came back into the kitchen to see my baby sister kicking her legs around,squealing to be picked up.

'Let's get you ready,Min-ah.Jaejae has to go to school',I said,picking the excited baby up.I looked at the clock.I still had half an hour before I left for school.I took the toddler to the bathroom,running the warm water into the baby blue tub,and when it was the right temperature,I lowered my sister into the water.She squealed more and kicked the water around,splashing half of it on me.

'Yah!',I said in mock anger and she giggled,splashing some more with her small,chubby hand. I washed her quickly,not giving her any further chance to bathe me along with her. I wrapped her in a soft towel and laid her on my bed,where she tried to put her foot in .I dressed her quickly and handed her the milk bottle.I got ready,slipping into my uniform while she was drinking the milk.I grabbed my bag,her and her bag and went down.I kept everything on the chair and patted her back till she burped and gave a small giggle, making me smile.I filled up another bottle and packed it in her bag.

Thankfully,she was all cheerful this morning.So it was comparably easy to put her in the baby carrier.I strapped it to my back and carrying each bag on shoulders,I locked the door.It was sunny and warm and Minhee babbled happily on my back,waving her exposed arms and legs.I turned around the corner and almost ran into Junsu.

'Hi Jae.Hi HeeHee',he said,waving at me and patting the baby's head.The year old child gurgled more when she saw my friend.

'Leaving her at Kwon ahjumma's again?',he asked as we fell in step.

'Yeah.I am not letting her with a baby creche or a baby sitter',I said protectively.The recent news in all the newspapers were enough to destroy your trust into those things. We crossed a couple of alleys and stopped abruptly when a particularly loud voice came from one.We peeked in a bit and saw a whole lot of people.

Another streetfight.Very common in the alleyways of Seoul.Shrugging,we kept on walking, not interested in getting noticed and then getting involved into a fight.And with Minhee on my back,I had to keep on walking.Not that I couldn't fight.I can pack a punch or two quiet neatly.But as I said,I had a baby with me.Not that Minhee was in any way docile and quiet.Judging from the way she throws tantrums and always has her way,I won't be surprised if she grows to be a bully.

Well,but that was in future and I liked the cute babbling which continued as we walked on.

                                                                                      -x-x-x-

there lay a pile of bodies,all groaninga nd in pain as two stood watching over them.The taller of them yawning and other looking amused.

'And again,you routed all',a low voice said chuckling.'Dude,this is too much visible'.

The person to which this was directed just scratched his non-itchy head and yawned.

'Leave it,Chun.It is not my fault.They should have kept quiet.He was sleeping and it is their fault he woke up.God,he didn't even let me sleep last night.Waking up thrice to change the diaper and fill his milk bottle',another voice said,husky and deep.The one named 'Chun' chuckled a bit,going after the other.

'Why don't you just leave him at an orphanage or something?',the Chun guy asked.The other just shrugged and picked his bag up,dusting it off and slung it over his shoulder. He adjusted the baby carrier attached to his back,tightening it a bit and earning two kicks in his side.

'Hey,stop it,will you?',he growled lightly,looking back,his almond eyes narrowing slightly.

And was answered by a string of babbling coming from his back.

                                                                                                     -x-x-x-

ok..an update..lolz...

i really dont know how this story will turn out..XDD

kamsahamnida...!!