iii. Pepperoni

Pizza Got Us Falling In Love

D.O. <[email protected]> 2014/04/26 17:41
To: <[email protected]>

Subject: Hello there

Hey Hunnie..

Hope you are well.

Still can't get over your email address.. Like what is that even? You wanted my life story right? Where do I even begin.. I'm going to apologise in advance for the rambly nature of this email, 'kay?

As you know.. I'm in my final year of high school with a crush on the most popular guy in school.. I know what you're thinking already.. How did that even happen? Well, you see.. Just like your Kai.. My Nini is also a dancer.. My friend.. We'll call him Byuntae.. He dragged me to this dance show last year.. And I've had this crush on Nini ever since that night..

Nini.. Was.. Amazing.. His dancing was so effortless.. His movement was so fluid.. And he just took my breath away.. And I haven't been able to get him out of my mind ever since.. That makes me sound like a loser.. Oh gee.. Well.. It's the truth.. And like you said.. No judgement right? Course.. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who noticed his perfection that night.. Everyone fawns over him.. But last that I checked (which might have been today).. He's still single.. I don't know what I would do if he was in a relationship.. I think it would devastate me.. Oops.. I've gone off on a tangent.. Focus..

So you want to know about me now right? There's nothing much to say.. I'm the complete opposite as Nini.. I'm not popular.. Like at all.. I have my circle of friends and even then.. I don't go out much.. I'm quite content with living my life as a hermit.. My looks are extremely average.. I have an extremely unimpressive stature and the worst hand to eye coordination you could possibly imagine (I'm really not exaggerating).. I am really good at Math though.. Like really good.. And I guess I'm pretty decent at singing.. But other than that.. I'm so mediocre.. It hurts..

So please.. I'm in desperate need of help.. How on earth can I get myself on Nini's radar if we have absolutely no mutual friends in common? And why on earth would he ever notice someone like me?

Best regards..
D.O.

 

- <%) <%) <%) -

 

Hunnie <[email protected]> 2014/04/27 12:37
To: <[email protected]>

Subject: Re: Hello there

Hey D.O. hyung!

I'm so glad that you emailed me, I really didn't think that you would. And the first thing I want to tell you is that you really need to stop selling yourself short! Look, I don't know what you look like, maybe you aren't the best looking or the most physically attractive, but if this Nini guy isn't willing to look past that, then he really isn't worth it.

You seem like a nice guy, and I genuinely mean it. I mean, who else would have wasted their time texting a complete moron who can't distinguish between the numbers 4 and 7? You could've ignored my text, hyung, but you didn't. I think that says a lot about your character and it's all positive. So the first thing we need to address is your confidence, or should I say, your lack of confidence. There's nothing ier than confidence, even if it's all a façade. Take it from me, one of the things I like most about Kai is how he just exudes confidence. Sure, he has a lot to be confident about, but if he didn't have that air of confidence, he wouldn't be half as attractive as I find him currently.

Your homework, D.O. hyung, is to list me 10 positive things about yourself. And you're not allowed to include your Math skills (or any academia related skills) and your vocals.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

All the best,
Hunnie

 

- <%) <%) <%) -

 

D.O. <[email protected]> 2014/05/01 20:52
To: <[email protected]>

Subject:Homework complete

Hunnie,

You're like a contradiction.. You're always surprising me.. One moment you're so bratty that I don't know why I bother responding back to you.. And the next.. You send me an email like the previous one and it really makes me question whether or not you have a split personality..

'Kay.. So you wanted ten positive traits? Oh boy.. Here we go.. And please don't think of it as bragging..

  1. I'm caring

  2. I'm a pretty decent cook

  3. I'm polite

  4. I'm respectful

  5. I'm filial

  6. I'm organised

  7. I'm neat

  8. I'm responsible

  9. I'm frugal

  10. I can beatbox (which isn't the same as singing, 'kay?)

That was very painful to write.. So I'm going to move on as quickly as I can, 'kay?

How are you? How are things going with Kai? I want to know a little bit more about yourself and about this Kai.. All I know is that you both dance.. It hardly seems fair that I'm telling you all about my life story and yet you haven't told me much about your own personal life.. So please.. Tell me all about your life story and how great it must be to be a junior without a care in the world..

- D.O.

 

- <%) <%) <%) -

 

Hunnie <[email protected]> 2014/05/03 22:09
To: <[email protected]>

Subject: More homework

D.O.,

We need to talk, like seriously. What the hell is up with that list?! What was that even? That was crap, like actual crap. It's no wonder why you're still single and Nini hasn't noticed you yet. And I'm not saying this maliciously either. We've got a lot of work cut out if Operation Notice Me Kohai is going to be successful. This is going to take a lot more effort than I had initially anticipated, but not to worry, you're not a lost cause (yet). I still have hopes that we can win this.

I want you to list me 3 physical features that you like about yourself, and your hair does not count. And it'd better not be lame like your previous list because seriously, it made me want to cry.

And you're right, I do need to tell you more about myself and Kai. Well, as you know, we're both juniors but we're not in the same class so the only time I get to see him is at dance. Before I accidentally sent you that text, we had never had an actual conversation before. Sure, we would greet each other, but that was the extent of our “friendship”. Thankfully, we have moved beyond that and I would like to think that he views me as a friend rather than someone who's just in the same dance club as him. And because he's a dancer, he is very toned (I may have peeked at him when he was changing). He has bronze skin (very ual) and eyes that look like they can pierce through your soul.

What do you want to know about me? I'm pretty tall with long limbs? My friend, Chanyeol, says I'm too gangly looking but that's because he's just jealous that I get all the attention. Not really sure what else to say, I'm not actually much of a talker myself if I'm completely honest with you. I don't really have a filter when I talk so I end up offending people so I choose to keep quiet to avoid any misunderstandings (I've had enough of those in my lifetime).

Of course, it's different when you're talking to a faceless person. But please let me know if I annoy you or anything (I really hope that I'm not)? Thanks.

Bye. D.O. Hyung~

From Hunnie.

P.S. Wait, you beatbox?! I was not expecting that, like at all (no offence intended). I would like to hear it sometime?

 

- <%) <%) <%) -

 

D.O. <[email protected]> 2014/05/04 11:37
To: <[email protected]>

Subject: Stop giving me homework

Hey Hunnie..

Nah.. I don't find you annoying.. Yet? I think it's easier to open up with strangers.. It's like.. Different than with my friends.. Telling you about Nini I mean.. I haven't told anybody about my crush because.. Well I guess I'm afraid that they'll judge me and tell me that he's out of league..Which he is.. But I don't want to be told that if that makes any sense at all?

And hey.. That list was totally legit 'kay? So leave me alone.. It's not my fault that's what I came up with.. And I may or may not have spent over an hour trying to think of ten traits.. But yeah.. Don't be hating 'kay? And I'll only let you hear me beatbox if I get to see you dance.. I think that's a fair trade?

But oki.. Physical traits.. Oh boy.. This is going to be hard.. Well.. I'm not tall.. I've been told that I don't have any shoulders (don't laugh).. I think my lips are too thick.. I have a complex about my eyes.. So what is there?

  1. Teeth?

  2. Ears?

  3. Eyelashes?

Yeah.. there you go.. My three physical traits.. If you thought my other list was bad.. I'm not sure how you'll react to this one.. Omg.. Is Nini ever going to notice me? I mean.. Why would he even? I don't think this was a good plan.. Instead of trying to make me realise my good points.. It's had the opposite effect and all I can see is the contrast between myself and Nini.. I think we should just drop it..

And I don't know what I want to know about you.. Hmm.. I guess.. Why dance?

Yeah.. Sorry.. I'm not the greatest conversationalist.. If you think it's bad via email.. I can't imagine what it'd be like in real life.. I think it'd be so cringe inducing.. It'll actually be painful..

- D.O.

P.S. I'm glad to hear things have progressed with Kai.. Oh.. You can tell me stories about what the two of you have gotten up to?

 

- <%) <%) <%) -

 

Hunnie <[email protected]> 2014/05/07 20:53
To: <[email protected]>

Subject: Re: Stop giving me homework

Hi D.O. hyung,

I was surprised to hear from you so soon, but a prompt response doesn't distract my attention away from your list. What the hell, hyung?! Seriously?! I want to give you a hug, I think you need one. Is it okay if I give you a cyber hug? -cyber hug- We are really going to need to work on the way you view yourself. If you don't love yourself, how can you expect someone else to?

The reason why I got into dance is actually a pretty boring story. Chanyeol wanted to join the dance club but didn't want to join alone so he dragged me along with him. Well, he wasn't good enough to make the cut, but I was, so I stuck around and the rest is history. Turns out, it seems like I'm a natural (not trying to boast, just telling you what my dance teacher told me). I do struggle with remembering the choreography, like I can execute the dance moves, I just can't seem to remember them. Kai's been dancing since he was a kid though, so he's loads better than the rest of us. There's no doubt that he'll be the focus of all the showcases (not that I'm complaining). Sometimes he distracts me so much I end up losing control of my entire body and it's really not a pretty sight. Kai's been helping me out with extra dance practice, I may have pretended that I'm worse than I actually am so he can show me which involves touching -wiggles eyebrows- I'm so sly, I know.

Kai and I will be hanging out this weekend, I'll let you know how that goes. You should tell me what you usually get up to on a normal day. I want to know what a day in the life of D.O. hyung is like.

Hunnie

P.S. Not sure how you can see me dance, how about I send you a video? Will that work?

 

- <%) <%) <%) -

 


A/N: These kids are too freaking cute. Like I can't even. And poor insecure Soo. I just wanna give him a cuddle (and never let go).

DM | Twitter | Ask FM Tumblr |