Slow Approach

In Real Life

POV ㅡ Tiffany

It was 10:30AM when we were leaving the studio. I told Sunny that Taeyeon was coming with us and that she would stay with me in my home for some hours, and explained why. She understood, and I think she thought it was a good idea. The ride back home was quiet, we didn't talk very much, but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence. I was glad and happy for that, I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable ㅡ nor wanted myself to feel uncomfortable, for I know how messed up and nervous I could get.

Half an hour after we left the studio, Sunny dropped by my house to leave us there. We said our goodbyes and Taeyeon gave me a small, polite smile. I smiled back and started to head to my door, with my keys already in hands. I noticed Taeyeon kept looking around, checking the outsite of my house out. I opened the door and entered, invinting her o follow me. 

"It's a beautiful house," she said, as soon as she stepped inside. She suddenly inhaled deeply and smiled. "It also has a sweet scent."

"Thank you," I smiled. "It's a french perfume that I somehow managed to put in the whole house."

"I like it," she said as she kept looking around, but without moving very much. "I should do the something like this, too. My house has no scent. It's a good idea."

I chuckled and nodded. I closed and locked the door, taking my blazer off afterwards, as I was starting to feel hot already. I left my blazer and my purse on the small hanger behind the door and turned to Taeyeon, who was now curiously ㅡ but shyly ㅡ walking around the living room, taking a look at the pictures that were placed on the white counter in the corner of it. I started to calmly walk towards her, and she turned to me when she felt I was already right beside her.

"That's one pretty mother-and-daughter picture," she pointed to one the pictures. "Who are they?"

"That's me when I was five," I said before making a small pause. "This," I pointed at the woman in the picture, "this was my mother."

"Was?" She asked.

I nodded and smiled weakly.

"Oh," she understood. "I'm sorry, Tiffany..." She looked at me apologetically.

"Don't worry, it's been a long time already. Are you hungry?" I tried to change the subject.

She smiled shyly.

"A little."

"Do you want me to prepare something for you?"

"No, I don't want to bother you."

"Nonsense," I responded. "You are my guest, I can't let you feel hungry in my house," I saw her chuckling when I said that. "I'm not the best cook in the world, but I can make you at least some scrambled eggs, I believe."

"Scrambled eggs would be good," she said and smiled once again. 

 

Taeyeon complimented my house again once we got to the kitchen. She said "hers would never be so clean and bright." Mine wouldn't either, I thought, if it weren't for my housekeeper. I only didn't tell her that because I don't think it was necessary that she knew I was so messy. I think she would eventually find it out. I would try to keep a good image for now. 

"You may have a seat if you want," I said to her as I pointed to one of the chairs near the big white table in the kitchen. 

"I can help you. You don't need to do it alone."

"Don't worry," I smiled to her. "I can do it."

She just nodded and pulled a chair, sitting on it right after. I headed to the fridge and grabbed 3 eggs, then I opened a big drawer and picked up the frying pan. I also got a spatula, oil and salt. I put the oil on the frying pan and placed it on the stove, turning it on. Then, the worst part came.

Breaking those godforsaken eggs.

You can make her scrambled eggs, heh? Very intelligent of yours, Tiffany. Only you didn't actually know how to break eggs properly.

I sighed. I was a disaster in the kitchen, I knew I didn't know how to do this as a freaking normal person, yet I insisted to do it. Well, there wasn't no way back. Let's do this, I thought to myself. I mean, the worst thing that could happen would be me splatting all the 3 eggs over the stove, right?

I could feel Taeyeon's eyes on me. I hit one of the eggs lightly on one of the stove's edge and looked at it. Not even a little cracked. I did it again, twice, but still got no results. Then, I hit it stronger, and this time ㅡ guess what? Yeah, I ing splatted the egg all over the stove. Great. It's just really ing great.

I heard Taeyeon chuckling silently and getting up from her chair. I facepalmed myself. Yeah, Tiffany, congratulations, you had just embarrassed yourself in front of your workmate in the very first day you two had met. You deserve a mothering loser prize for that.

"Can I help you now?" she asked while approaching me.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know I was that bad. I'm embarrassed." Actually, I did, but I think I wanted to pretend I wasn't. I cleaned my hands with a little pink towel I left near the stove and grabbed a new egg.

"Don't be. That's no big deal, really. Here," she approached me a little more, placing her hands on my wirsts, her fingers gently touching my hand and mine ㅡ I thougt that moment was a little... Awkward, after all we had just met; but I didn't complain, it wasn't bad, and I guess I would have to get used to this kind of thing sooner or later, since we would be playing a couple for the next months. She then lead one of my hands to the same edge I had used to break the egg before, making me gently hit the new egg on it a few times, "you have to keep hitting it, but without using strength, otherwise it will break like the other one did." She brough my hand up and showed me the cracked egg, I just nodded lightly. "Then," she held my other hand better and brought it to the other edge of the egg, resting her chin on my shoulder and putting the egg closer to the pan, "you just need to open it like this," she said as she put pressure on my hands using her fingers, making me move them and perfectly open the egg. I watched as it fell on the frying pan. 

I could sense a smile before Taeyeon let go of me. 

"You do it now," she said and went back to the chair she was previously sitting on. "I'll wait. You got it, right?"

I nodded and smiled shyly. I did the same to the other egg and ㅡ thank goodness ㅡ everything went well. I added the salt and started to mix the eggs together, it didn't take long until it was done. I put the scrambled eggs on a plate and put the frying pan in the sink. I grabbed a fork and a knife and started to make my way to the table, placing everything in front of her right after.

"Would you like to drink something? Water? An orange juice?"

"Uh...," she stopped for some seconds and chuckled "God, I feel so sorry for making you do all of that for me. But orange juice is fine, thank you."

I chuckled with her and went get her the orange juice and a glass, I was back in less than a minute. I sat on the chair beside her as she ate, praying to God and whatever else that is divine exists that my scrambled eggs were at least tolerable. I would steal glances at her here and there to make sure her facial expression wasn't bad.

"It was good," she said after she finished. "Really, it was good. I'm sorry for bothering you... I feel like a brat bothering her babysitter, it's so weird," she giggled.

"It was nothing, don't worry," I smiled. "I'm sorry for being such a mess in the kitchen."

"You are not, accidents happen."

I smiled weakly at her and nodded, then I got up and placed the tableware in the sink together with the frying pan. I heard she got up and put her chair away as I did so.

"Tiffany?" she called me.

"Mm?"

"Do you still have your script with you?"

Interesting question.

"I do," I turned and looked at her. "Why? Have you lost yours?"

"No, no," she stopped for a while, "I just thought it could be good and helpful if we... Read it together."

I arched my eyebrows.

"Sure," I responded. "Why not."

She just nodded and smiled a little. 

 


 

POV ㅡ Taeyeon

"Sure. Why not."

I was glad to hear that. It would be good for us if we read the script together, I think. It would be a whole lot easier for us when we had to finally start acting, since we would already be familiar with the scenes.

"You see, since Martin said he wants us at the studio tomorrow morning to start rehearsing I-"

"Wait, what?" she interrupted me. "He said that? How come I didn't know it?"

I shrugged. "I think he told your manager... Sunny, right? I think he told your manager Sunny and she forgot to tell you. Lucky you I told you now."

"Yeah. Thank you. I think we should really read it, then. I've read it just once," Tiffany said as she guided us both back to the living room, making her way to the huge beige couch.

"Me too," I nodded. "So, where is it?"

She pointed to the corner of the couch as we approched it and I saw the script there. She grabbed it and sat on the couch, taking off her shoes and crossing her legs, laying her back on the couch comfortably. I sat beside her, keeping my distance.

"You can take your shoes off too, if you want," she smiled. "Make yourself at home."

I took off my sneakers and placed my legs beside my body. I smiled at Tiffany as a way of saying 'thank you'. I laid my back on the couch like she did, and she picked up the script. I looked at it.

"Ella is a pretty name."

"So is Leah," she chuckled. "I think it suits both of us, don't you?" she looked at me.

"I guess."

As Tiffany flipped the pages that contained scenes that we weren't meant to do ㅡ since younger actresses would film it, in order to tell our characters' stories ㅡ, I decided to talk to her a little more. I have to admit I liked it.

"Do you think they're going to make us film the scenes in the sequence they are in the script or do you think they'll change it? I've been in a few movies that had this messed up filming schedule, there was one point I didn't even know the story anymore, I was just there interpreting what I had memorized," I said and looked at her.

"Hm... I don't think we'll have to go through this. Martin seems to be a great director, I think he'll let things flow naturally, just like in the script," she smiled to me. "Also, I think he knows it would be better if we precisely followed the original sequence of the scenes."

"Really? Why?"

"Uh... I think it would be easier for us to get used to each other if we didn't rush any scene, you know, our acting would become more natural because we would start to get closer to each other... I think he thinks like that, too."

Her words replayed in my mind. She was right. I nodded.

We finally started to read the script together, silently. So far, there wasn't one single thing we thought that needed to be changed, but that idea change as we start to film, I thought. We were already coming to the part where Lean and Ella finally get together. I knew there was a kiss, of course, we both knew, afterall we had read the script by ourselves before, although I still thought that maybe it wasn't really necessary. I mean, it's not like I didn't want to kiss her or something, it's just that... I don't know. But I don't care. I guess I'm just a little nervous since all about this movie ㅡ since the plot to my romantic partner ㅡ is so new and different to me.

I shifted a little on my seat as I noticed we had reached the kissing scene. I quickly looked at Tiffany and she apparently remained calm, as if it was nothing much. I mean, yeah, it was nothing much. Tiffany was normal. I guess I was just a little uncomfortable because I kept on remembering what Sooyoung told me about what one of her ex-workmates said about kissing Tiffany. I took a discreet glance at her lips. Pretty, I thought. It wouldn't be any sacrifice. 

I shook my head lightly as the thoughts of kissing Tiffany were already disturbing me somehow. Tiffany noticed it and looked at me.

"Is everything okay?"

"Y-yeah, I just accidentally spaced out," I lied.

We finished the script calmly and talked about it afterwards. The tension had gone away. We agreed on everything we said, and we decided to work closely with Martin to make the scenes even more realistic and better. We wanted to make the best of the great story we had in hands. It was not the first movie that talked about homouality, but we saw it as a unique one. 

An hour and a half had gone by since I arrived her house, and I had received no news from Sooyoung. I was worried, but I didn't want to call her, I was afraid I would interrupt something or disturb her. I decided to just wait for her call and enjoy my time here with Tiffany.

"Hm, it seems like we have nothing to do," Tiffany said and chuckled, bringing me back from my thoughts "do you want me to show you around the house? You looked a little... Curious when you arrived here."

"Did I?" I chuckled with her. "Yeah, that would be nice. I bet the rest of your house is as pretty as what I've seen so far."

We got up from the couch, leaving our shoes behind. She led me to the second floor and showed me each room, including hers. Her house was indeed beautiful. I liked how it had only light and bright colors all around, like white, beige and pastel colors. I also noticed a lot of pastel pink things, specially in her bedroom. It looked like she really liked pink. The thought made me smile a little. We went back to the first floor and she showed me the dining room and a second living room, this one containing even bigger sofas and also a wide TV. I believed that was probably a room used by her to have a good time with her friends.

"I think that's all..." she said as we headed back to the living room we were in "Oh, wait! I haven't shown you my backyard. Do you want to see it?"

I said yes and she led me to her back door. When she opened and I saw yer backyard, I was really taken aback. It was so pretty and bright! It was almost like a park. I noticed that she had several small plantations of violets, that made me happy. Violets were my favorite flowers. Then, I saw a huge pool.

"You have a pool, too? That's cool! I have one in my house, but... I never used it..." I said.

"Really? You live in Los Angeles, California, own a pool and never used it?" She sounded impressed and crossed her arms, supporting her body by the arm that was now resting on the door. "Why not?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "I'm usually by myself at home, I don't really have many friends, and I think going to the pool by yourself is so boring. What would you do alone in the water while burning in the sun, anyway?"

"Mhm. Do you want to go in?"

"What? In your pool?"

She just lifted her eyebrows and nodded slightly.

"I... I..." I didn't know what to say. God help me, what was I supposed to say, anyway??

"I don't have a swimsuit," I said. Damn it, Taeyeon. Damn it. What a ing idiot you are. 'I don't have a swimsuit'? Seriously?

Tiffany stared at me for some good 5 seconds before laughing. "I can lend you one, if that's the problem."

"Uh... Okay, then. It will be good, I guess," I finally agreed.

"Come," she said as she signed me to follow her to the second floor of the house again. 

 

I was at one of the bathrooms, getting dressed. She got me a plain white bikini that, surprisingly, fitted me perfectly. I took out a hair rubber from one of my jeans' pockets and pulled my hair up, tying it in a messy bun. I folded my clothes, placed them on the bathroom's counter and grabbed the towel Tiffany gave me, wrapping it around my body. When I came out of the bathroom, I saw her closing her bedroom's door, already in her swimsuit like me.

And holy Mary and Jesus ing Christ, what was that. Indeed, the google pictures were nothing near what she truly was in person. I felt intimidated, my body looked like a kid's near hers. She was wearing this bikini that ㅡ I believed ㅡwas just like mine, only hers was black. She held a pink towel on one of her arms and a sunscreen in one of her hands. She smiles to me when she saw me.

"Hi, glad you're ready," she approached me. "Do you usually put on sunscreen?"

I could just timidly nod. "Yes, I do. If I don't, my skin turns really red. I end up looking like a shrimp." you Taeyeon, what's with the shrimp? Are you for real? A SHRIMP? I mentally kicked myself.

She laughed at my comment, "So does mine. Let's go, we can help each other downstairs."

We went down the stairs and made our way to the backyard. When we got to it, she placed her towel on one of these two huge white beach chairs and sat on it. She poured a bit of the sunscreen on her hand and started to spread it over her arms, chest, stomach and legs. I placed my phone and my towel on the other chair and looked at her. She noticed me and handed me the sunscreen, I did the same as she did previously. When I was done, I saw her looking at me shyly.

"Could you help me? I can't spread it on my back..."

'. . Crap. Mother of god. Oh my ice creams. Holy fricking fracking loving Joseph Mary and Jesus. Spread. Back. Sunscreen. On Tiffany. Shrimp. Wait, why are you nervous, Taeyeon? What the hell is with the shrimp again?', I thought to myself.

I nodded and sat on her chair behind her. I poured the sunscreen on my hands and placed them on her upper back, slowly starting to spread it. I poured some more sunscreen and started to spread it on the rest of her back.

"Have you..." I started and gulped, "Have you put it on your neck yet?"

"My neck..." I heard her whispering. "No, I don't think I did. I mean, I don't remember."

I nodded, although she couldn't see me. I was already there, right? Stopping now just because of a neck would be nonsense. My hands made their way back up to Tiffany's shoulders and after that I started to spread the remaining sunscreen on my fingers all over her neck. That felt so wrong but so normal.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3rd chapter, here it is! ^-^ Guys, please do comment. Thank you everyone who is subscribing, but the comments are more important than anything for me, for I get to know if you're liking it or not. Thanks for all the comments I've received so far. Comment more now because I'm already writing the 4th chapter and depending on you and your comments it will be ready and posted in a couple of hours or so! :)