Rehearsal

In Real Life

POV — Tiffany

"What are you laughing at?" I heard Sunny calling me. I didn't even notice she had already hung the phone call.

"Oh, nothing much," I smiled. "Just a few tweets and mentions I was reading about me and Taeyeon."

"Really? That early already?"

"Mhm," I nodded. "Already. They're calling us TaeNy," I chuckled again. "How do you like it?"

"TaeNy?" Sunny chuckled too, "Sounds cute. Has Taeyeon seen such tweets yet?"

"No. I mean... I don't know," I frowned. "Actually, I don't even know if she has any social network account at all."

"You should ask her then. Why don't you suggest she creates a Twitter account or something?"

"You think so?"

"Yeah. It wouldn't hurt, right?" Sunny smiled. 

"You're right," I smiled back at her. "I'll do it when I get home. We're done for today, aren't we?"

"We are. And if you don't mind, Fany, I would love to go home and get some rest, because insomnia got me last night and I couldn't even take the smallest of naps," she sighed.

"Not at all. Do rest," I said as I rubbed Sunny's back gently. The poor little bunny looked way too exhausted.

 

I threw myself on my sofa as soon as I got home and smiled when I saw Prince jumping on it with me. I petted him and grabbed my phone, dialing Taeyeon's number.

"Hello?"

"Hey! Can you speak now?" I smiled.

"Tiffany, hi! Yes, yes I can. What's wrong?" Taeyeon replied.

"Actually, nothing at all. It's just that I was wondering, do you have any social network accounts? Like, Twitter or Instagram, maybe?"

I heard her chuckle. "You called me just to ask that?"

"Come on!" I chuckled with her. "Yes I did. So?"

"Um... No, I don't. I'm like an eighty-year-old lady when it comes to the internet, Tiffany."

"Would you consider opening one?"

"What's with this topic?"

"It's just that in my way back home I saw a few tweets and mentions I got on Twitter about our interview earlier this morning and they were pretty funny," I giggled. "I thought maybe you would enjoy making a Twitter account or I don't know. I mean, it's a good way to keep in touch with the fans and to know what they are talking about your work. The mention thing is also pretty entertaining, you know."

"Hm, I see. Yeah, I could consider opening an account," I heart her say while munching on something,"if I had someone to teach me how to properly use these things. I wouldn't want to embarrass myself in front of a country."

"I could teach you," I offered.

"Good. We can do this on the set on Monday, maybe? If we have any spare time there."

"Yeah, sure. You'll like it, I bet. Have a nice weekend, Taeyeon."

"You too, dear. Bye!" she said, before hanging up the call and not allowing me to respond.

"... She called me... Dear?" I thought out loud to myself. That was... So unlike her. She wasn't that lovely and warm to people, usually. But I let go of the thought. 

 

The weekend passed by very quickly. In a blink of an eye, it was already Monday morning. I woke up eagerly to get to work because I was really curious about the modifications on the script, though I was feeling a little anxious too. The weather was getting more and more chilly by the day, so I chose a baby pink sweater with these white skin-tight jeans and white shoes to go to the studio. Sunny had asked for a day off the night before, so I went by myself with my car. As soon as I got there, I went to the makeup room and found Taeyeon already there, getting her hair done. I greeted the hairstylist and the makeup artist before I looked at Taeyeon. 

"Good morning," I smiled and greeted her.

"Hey," she smiled back. "How are you?"

"At 7am o'clock? Sleepy," I chuckled. "But I'm curious about the script? You?" I said as I placed my stuff on one of the armchairs of the room.

"Curious too. But surprisingly enough, not sleepy nor tired. I think it's because I'm feeling a little anxious."

"Why? Do you think the modifications are going to be bad or something?"

"No, not that. Just... Just anxious. I don't know why," she giggled.

I sat down and laid back as the makeup artist started to do my makeup. It didn't take long until I had my makeup and hair all done. Me and Taeyeon were ready to go to the dressing room and put on our outfits for the day when Martin entered the room.

"Good morning you two," he smiled. "How curious are you about the script, huh?"

"A lot," we said together and chuckled.

"I thought so. Let's talk about it, shall we?" he said before looking at the other girls in the room. They excused themselves and closed the door so we could talk properly. Me and Taeyeon turned our chairs to Martin.

"Well, basically... Nothing special about the story has been changed. The storyline is the same, the only difference is... Instead of one kissing scene, you'll have like, 3. The writer thought having only one kissing scene would make the movie too... Emotionless. So she added two more scenes," he nodded.

I gulped silently. Three. Three kissing scenes. As if the slightest idea of only one wasn't enough to make me nervous.

"... Oh," I said. "That's... Okay."

"Y-yeah," Taeyeon followed me. "So, um... When will we shoot them?"

"In fact, today," he smiled. "We can shoot the first one today. I'll give you a few hours to prepare yourselves and study the scene and the new script and then we can shoot it. We are a month, or so, far from calling the filming a wrap, so we'd better get to work," Martin said as he handled Taeyeon a copy of the new script.

"A month? Already?" she asked.

"Yeah," Martin chuckled. "This kind of movie doesn't take long to film, Taeyeon. Especially when one works with actresses like you and Tiffany, who work so diligently," he smiled once again. "Well, I'll leave you two now," he said as he made his way to the door. "Oh, and by the way... May I give you some advice?"

Taeyeon and I looked at each other and then nodded at him

"Maybe you two should rehearse a little. You know, I can see you two are nervous, that's completely fine, I've worked with actors in the same situation as you and it's very natural. So for you to not feel embarrassed or too uneasy on the camera, maybe a little practice wouldn't hurt, right? Bye!" he said as he left us and closed the door.

I was left dumbfounded.

"Did he just-" I began.

"Tell us to practice kissing each other? I'm afraid he did," Taeyeon completed and nodded, still eyeing the door, apparently as frozen and stiff as I was.

We fell silent for a moment before Taeyeon got up and held my hand, guiding me to the small sofa that was on the corner of the room.

"Look," she said as we both sat down,"... Let's be honest, okay? We're both freaking out on the inside. Neither of us has ever done this before, but... Let's at least try to do what he said, yeah?"

"It's not like I want to avoid it, I swear! It's just... I tend to mess up when I get nervous, I don't want to mess up in front of you. You're still like a Hollywood guru to me. Gimme that," I said as I frowned and took the script from her hand.

"I get it, I really do," Taeyeon chuckled. "It's not like I'm not nervous like you. Let's read it together, okay? No rush. Let's just see what's waiting for us."

I looked at her for a few seconds before nodding. I opened the script and carefully went through the pages until I found one that had these few lines highlighted, indicating that the first modification was there. I sat closer to Taeyeon and placed the script on top of my thighs so that we both could read it. 

I took a look at Taeyeon's focused eyes before I started to read the script. It was indeed a new and different scene. The girls were saying bye to each other in front of Ella's house's door after hanging out during the afternoon.

ELLA
I'm sorry I made you drive all the way here.

Ella looks apologetically at Leah as the both of them approach the door.

LEAH
There's no problem, you know it. But I do think your mother should've chosen a home closer to mine.

Leah chuckles. Ella chuckles with her.

ELLA
Maybe we can move. She's almost miraculously getting better, I'm so happy. I know mother's health has never been the best, but... I was really worried about her this time. But I think all she needed was the company of her loved ones. So did I, I suppose.

Ella rests her shoulder on the door. She stares at Leah.

LEAH
Did you?

Ella nods.

ELLA
We both felt very lonely back in London. Especially me, I think. Not having you around was... Scathing.

Leah looks at Ella, longingly. She tries to say something, but she can't manage to open . They keep staring at each other.

ELLA
Anyway, I... Thanks for the afternoon. Never thought you would still be fun after all those years. Promise we will do this more often?

They chuckle.

LEAH
Promise. Tomorrow I'm busy, but... On Saturday, perhaps?

ELLA
I don't know if you remember, but your mom decided to cook me and my mom dinner on Saturday. And invite their friends. And family. And... God knows what else aunt Kathy is up to.

They chuckle together again.

LEAH
Fine, fine. See you in two days, then?

Ella opens the door, ready to go in.

ELLA
Two days it is. I'm probably gonna sleep over. Still afraid of scary movies?

LEAH
Not even a bit, not anymore.

ELLA
We'll see.

Ella hugs Leah tightly. Leah closes her eyes and returns the hug, sighing inaudibly. Ella breaks the hug and touches Leah's cheek. She smiles at Leah before letting go.

ELLA
Bye. Take care.

Ella turns her back at Leah and is ready to enter the house. Leah keeps looking at her from behind. She holds Ella's wrist and stops her. 

LEAH
Ella, wait.

Ella looks back at Leah.

LEAH
You... Love me, don't you?

Ella furrows her eyebrows. She doesn't understand why the sudden question. She takes a step back and holds Leah's face, smiling kindly at her.

ELLA
Of course I do. Always have. You are my best friend, you're my family.

Leah almost smiles. She places her hands on Ella's forearms. Ella is confused.

LEAH
Would you forgive me if I did something that could hurt you or that you didn't like?

They look into each other's eyes.

ELLA
Leah, I... I don't understand, why are you- I mean, yes, I would forgive you. But why are you asking me this now?

Leah keeps staring into Ella's eye's. She brings her face closer to Ella's and places a chaste kiss on her lips, slightly pressing their lips together. Ella closes her eyes for a moment and returns the kiss for a second, unsure. She then opens her eyes and watches as Leah pulls away and lets go of her.

LEAH
I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Ella, really. I didn't- I just couldn't hold it back anymore. I...

Ella interrupts Leah. She is taken aback and her face has almost no immediate expressive reaction.

ELLA
No, it's... Fine. Um... Just, goodnight Leah. 

Ella enters the house and closes the door, resting her back on it and sighing heavily, her eyes a little teary.

"Wow, that's just..." I said as I finished reading the scene.

"Beautifully written," Taeyeon added. I just nodded.

"Indeed. Such an emotional scene. And I'm glad Ella's mother is getting better. I didn't really want to go through a mother's death in scene..." I muttered.

"I see," Taeyeon smiled weakly. "Well, um... I think the filming will start in an hour or so. You know, Martin wants us to familiarize with the new scrip and the scene but we can't really delay the filming very much. We can read the scene a few more times, right? I'm sure we can memorize our lines after a few readings."

I suddenly caught myself looking at Taeyeon's lips. ... Should I? No, I shouldn't. What Martin said was just a suggestion, it didn't actually mean we were obliged to do it and plus, Taeyeon didn't mention the topic.

"Uh, right," I said and smiled, "sure. Let's do it."

After 40 minutes or so, we both had already mastered our respective lines. And I must say, we had a great time practicing them. 

"Tiffany, I..." Taeyeon broke the silence, "How am I supposed to say this?" she chuckled, "We haven't, you know, talked about the... Kiss."

"I know, I know. Sorry. I mean, I told you, it's not like I want to avoid it, but... You know. I'm used to kissing people when I'm acting but it's kind of awkward to think my director told me to kiss something in order to kiss this same someone properly when I'm acting... I feel like I'm making this big deal out of something that shouldn't be a big deal and that therefore I'm messing up your job and-"

"Hey, it's okay," Taeyeon kindly reassured me as she took my hand. "I've seen it happening before. I mean, this. It's a very emotional scene and we both are nervous because of it, you should believe me when I'm nervous to, but... If you don't want to do it, that's fine. You know, there are people who work better under pressure, maybe you'd feel better if we kissed only during the filming," she said and smiled calmly at me. I was about to respond when we heard her phone ringing. "Wait a minute, I have to answer it. It's Sooyoung. We'll talk again in a second," she said as she got up and took a hold of her phone.

I stayed there looking at her. You know what? No. I didn't want to not to do it. Kissing her definitely wouldn't hurt and I had no idea what the I was scared of. I'm a grown up woman, I'm an actress and above all, I'm a professional. Let's do this. Now.

I got up and followed her. I held her shoulder when she was about to open the door to leave the room and turned her to me. I held her cheek with my other hand and then finally kissed her. I didn't know where I got the guts to do that from, but I did it. I did it and it was guiltily good. I thought she was going to push me away, but the next thing I felt was her hands on my back after hearing the sound of a cell phone hitting the ground. And then we were sliding our lips against each others'. Slowly. Painfully slowly. I pushed her a little and her back rested on the door, her hands still on mine. I would be lying if I said I had never imagined how kissing Taeyeon would feel like, but what was happening was beyond my expectations.

But it was still something I wasn't really supposed to be doing. Not like that. A chaste kiss, like the script said, would be enough. A simple, longer peck on the lips, perhaps. Lip-pressing, that would do it. But we were already kissing for real and oh boy, what a kiss. When reality hit me, I instantly pulled away, only to find a heavy-breathing Taeyeon in front of me, with an expression that I couldn't read. But I knew it wasn't something bad. I had to take a few seconds to stare at Taeyeon before I could say anything.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so so so sorry," I said as I stepped back and felt my face turning red like a tomato. I looked at the floor and I could see that Taeyeon's phone's screen was cracked. .

Taeyeon was about to approach me when we heard the door opening behind her. Thankfully, we could recompose ourselves quickly and act as if nothing had happened. That was one of the advantages of being an actress.

And thank God we didn't have lipstick on.

"Hey girls, knowing how professional and efficient you both are I believe you already manage to memorize your lines, right?" Martin said as he entered the room. "Now, we have to get everything ready, today is a busy day. If everything goes out as planned, tomorrow you can arrive later and get some rest. Taeyeon, the stylist is having some problems with the outfit, can you please meet her at the dressing room? I guess she needs to make a few adjustments. Tiffany, you come with me," he said as he smiled at me. I watched shyly as Taeyeon nodded and made her way out of the room.

From that moment onwards, we didn't have the chance to speak to each other. It was indeed a busy day. I kept answering phone calls that Sunny redirected to me amidst posing for more promotional pictures on the set, retouching my makeup, paying close attention to Martin's instructions and restudying my lines, plus a lot more of work. Taeyeon was probably in a similar situation. And although I tried to keep my mind two-hundred percent focused, I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened between Taeyeon and me. I struggled with myself until I finally admitted that Taeyeon provided me the best kiss of my entire life. That yearning for more, I felt it after I kissed her and I had never felt it before, not even with one of my past boyfriends. It was insanely good and I was concerned about whether I could manage myself when we had to shoot the first kissing scene at last.

And not only was it good. The sensation overwhelmed me. I was freaking out too much to think about it right after I kissed her, but the more I thought about it after that, the more frustrated I would get for not being able to fathom what that sensation was. It was ineffable. Nothing like I had ever felt before. Many thoughts were running through my head: I considered being just confused, mixing my own feelings and Ella's feelings up. Or maybe it could be just nervousness. Or maybe it could be neither and I could be...

No. Not that.

"Tiffany?" I heard Martin's voice near me, calling me out of my musing.

"Yes?" I tried to flash him my best natural smile.

"Ready, dear? Are you and your lines already friends? Everything's okay?"

"Yeah," I chuckled, "everything is just fine. I was just... Getting into character."

"Good. Taeyeon will be here in a minute and then we can start. I know you both know exactly what to do and how. I'm trusting not only your talent but also your feelings. You'll do a good job, I bet we'll be done in a take or two," he said and smiled warmly at me, patting me on the shoulder. I nodded and smiled back at him, getting up from my chair and placing the script that was in my hands there.

It didn't take long and Taeyeon arrived, and from the way she kept running her fingers through her hair here and there, I assumed she had been fixing it. We managed to shoot the scene calmly and smoothly, everything went well and we both were completely dialed-in. Martin yelled 'CUT!' right before the part when Leah kisses Ella, and we knew it was time. My hands were placed on Taeyeon's soft cheeks and hers were placed on my forearms, and I was trying my best to hide the utter dead-nervous look in my eyes behind my character "mask." When Martin yelled that famous three-word sentence again, Taeyeon didn't take not even a second to connect her lips with mine, precisely recreating the chaste kiss we had read about a couple of hours ago.  I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment, strugglingto fight the same sensation from before that was trying to take over my body. Three seconds after, I continued to follow the script and we managed to successfully finish the scene. Martin shouted another 'CUT!' and we were done. He said it was perfect and that we wouldn't need another take. We had 'nailed it," as the man liked to say.

The day continued as busy as before. Me and Taeyeon filmed our individual scenes and some others with our respective 'moms.' Though Martin had initially said we wouldn't rush any part of the movie during the filming time, he thought it was better for us to finish all the scenes with Trish and Miranda so he could dismiss the women, for each of them was already talking about new project. I'd like to remember what they were talking about, but I was still busy thinking about the kiss. I mean, the kisses. I had kissed Taeyeon twice.

A few hours later and I was already leaving the studio. I didn't see Taeyeon anymore. I got in my car and as I started to drive, I remembered all that had happened that day. The first kiss, the second, that crazy atmosphere between us and... The fact that because of me, Taeyeon's phone was now cracked. Great. I stopped by an Apple Store and got her the new iPhone 6. It was the least I could do for everything that happened that day. 

When I got home, I took a shower and got in my favorite pajama pants and hoodie. I tied my hair up in a ponytail and made my way down the stairs, plopping myself on the sofa. I watched as Prince joined me.

"Hey there little guy," I said as I looked at him. "Are we up for a movie session?"

He barked.

"I'll take that as a yes. Too bad you are so small and don't have thumbs, Prince. I would love if you could bring me the strongest alcoholic beverage you could find in this house."

He barked twice.

"What? Adults sometimes drink to forget about their problems. Or about when they mess up. Like today. I messed up today," I sighed and rested my head on the sofa, swapping the channels on the television before I looked at Prince again, who now was making his way to my lap. "God knows what she's thinking about me now."

Prince settled himself on my thighs and I turned my attention back to the TV. I started to swap the channels again, but couldn't manage to find anything nice enough to watch. It's amazing how television never offers anything interesting to watch when you actually want to.

I gave in and placed the remote control beside me. I grabbed my phone and unlocked it, opening Twitter and starting to scroll down on my timeline. Everything was as boring as the TV and I was starting to get annoyed. It's not that hard for me to entertain myself, usually. I was already frowning at my phone screen when I heard this familiar voice that startled me out of my boring activities. Ilooked up at the television.

"Seriously now?" I muttered to myself when I saw Taeyeon's face on the TV screen. It was an old movie, her face was so young. She was probably on her teenage years, I thought to myself. And she was already so pretty.

"Damn you, Kim, I was starting to forget about you!" I said as I threw one of the sofa's cushions towards the TV.

My eyes traveled to the coffee table in front of me. I had placed the iPhone box there. I stared at it for a moment before I sighed heavily and gently took Prince off of my lap to get up and as I did so, I grabbed the small box.

"Fine. If I'm up at 10pm at night after one of the most exhausting work days of my life and completely disturbed by my emotions, I premise so is she," I said to myself.

I didn't bother to change. I grabbed my purse and put the box in it before leaving the house and making my way to the car. I had saved Taeyeon's address from the day she invited me to have dinner at her place. I read it once again to make sure I wouldn't make the wrong way there and started to drive.

Everything was going just fine and I was actually getting a little calmer until I noticed I got myself in a downpour. Excellent. That was just- it was just very, very good. I didn't have an umbrella. Again. And Taeyeon most certainly wasn't there to help me out.

I smiled a little at the memory.

I slowly parked my car as I approached her house. I looked around and thankfully, there weren't any paparazzi. I looked at the pouring rain and sighed defeatedly before grabbing my purse and getting out of the car, running towards the door. Not that running would help in anything. I was already soaking wet after 10 seconds in the rain.

And when I finally reached the door, I rang the doorbell in a blink of an eye. I just wanted to get out of that freezing rain.

 


 

POV — Taeyeon

I sipped my drink before sighing for the millionth time since I arrived home that night. I could occupy my mind with the two scripts I received today and didn't have time to read, but my thoughts were all back in the makeup room, when Tiffany kissed me. I couldn't manage to distant myself from those thoughts, let alone the sensation that ran through my whole body when that happened. I was sure, I was entirely and a hundred percent sure I would've kissed her again if Martin hadn't entered that room. I would, because I wanted more from the moment her lips left mine. 

And that feeling was haunting me. Never in my entire life had I even considered being with a woman and look at what she did. She kissed me and left me literally... Craving for more.Craving. Almost as if my lips were tingling. My whole body would feel numb whenever I'd recall that moment. God knows the massive amount of self-control I had to pull off while filming that kissing scene.

If it depended on me, she would be pressed against the nearest wall on my first opportunity. 

The sound of the doorbell jolted me out of my thoughts and got me slightly confused. Who the heck would leave their house to pay me a visit at almost 11 o'clock at night in that pouring rain, I thought. I got up from the sofa and put my drink down, making my way to the door, only to open it just to find a soaking wet Tiffany looking at me. I was slightly deadpanned.

"Look! Listen! I'm here to apologize for what happened today. I couldn't be in peace at home and I needed to apologize to you personally and... Somewhere.... Away from the studio, I'm sorry. I don't know if I scared you or not, I, I don't even know why I did that, I just-"

I cut her off by grabbing the back of her neck and bringing her lips to my own. I didn't need her explanations. Let alone her apologies, I didn't want them. I held her back with my other hand and pulled her inside, closing the door behind her and pressing her against it, fully kissing her on the lips now, feeling somewhere between surprised and utterly happy she was kissing me back. My fingers intertwined themselves on her hair as we moved and slid our lips together rhythmically, and I felt her cold hands gently touch and hold my cheeks. It was a surprisingly sizzling kiss that created that same previous sensation within my body. 

When we had to break the kiss to breathe, I heard and felt her sighing weakly against my lips. I opened my eyes and looked at her, that cute confused look on her eyes. She was breathing heavily, her hands resting on my shoulders.

"I came here to apologize for doing this to you earlier and then you do it to me, Taeyeon?" she questioned me, almost as a whisper.

I kept looking at her and smiled. I held her back with both of my hands and carefully pulled her body away from the door a tad, resting my nose on her own.

"I don't want you to apologize for something we both enjoyed so much," I whispered back.

She looked into my eyes for a moment, before holding my face again and pressing our lips together, slowly. I just kissed her back, smirking a little against and embracing her waist.

The talk could wait a little longer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: Hello everyone, I am back. ^-^ And look... TaeNy's first kiss! And their second... And their third... And their fourth? xD Hahaha how do you like it? I'm sorry for taking so long to post this chapter, but as you can see it is really long, and I had to carefully think and then rethink each and every single part (ahem kiss) of this chapter so it could all work out smoothly and just the way I pictured it had to be to be a good chapter. I do expect a nice feedback for this one because it required me a lot of time and work, so please don't leave without commenting, alright? :D I'm eager to see what you guys thought of this one and what you expect from the next chapter that, hopefully, won't take long to be delivered. I hope you've had a good reading!