Late-night Selfie

In Real Life

POV — Tiffany

"You are seriously so petite! I'm almost envious of you! Look at this! The hoodie you lent me is just fine, but these sweatpants are literally squeezing my belly fat out," I said as I stepped into the kitchen and adjusted the clothes Taeyeon had lent me on my body, for mine were soaking wet due the rain. I had already dried my hair, too.

I heard Taeyeon chuckle. "I'm not that small and you are not fat whatsoever. And just for your information, there's nothing for you to be envious of," she said as she grabbed two black mugs from one of the small cabinets. "Being small and petite can be a nuisance sometimes. It's very hard to find clothes that don't look oversized on me, and I can't even the amount of items I've bought that had to be adjusted."

I giggled softly and nodded. "Maybe you're right."

I rested my right shoulder on the kitchen's door and watched as Taeyeon poured a steamy and brown liquid into the mugs. Judging by its appearance and also by the smell that spread through the kitchen, I assumed it was hot chocolate.

The events from that night and day kept running wild through my mind before I let out an anxious sigh. Maybe it was time to talk about it, I thought. 

"Taeyeon."

She simply hummed in response.

"What now?"

She looked at me for a moment. She then picked up the two mugs and walked towards me, carefully handing me one of them.

"What do you mean?" she asked me.

I took the mug and smelled the hot chocolate. I wanted to smile, but I needed to keep the conversation serious, and I was focused on my task.

"What are we going to do now? Are we going to pretend nothing happened by tomorrow? Are we going to just keep kissing throughout the whole night then wake up the next morning and act as if tonight didn't happen?"

She smiled at me and sipped her hot chocolate. "No. We will kiss tonight then kiss again tomorrow."

"I mean it, Taeyeon."

"So do I. We are really going to kiss tonight and we are also going to kiss tomorrow because I don't know if you remember, we are in a movie and whether you like it or not, I'm your best friend and something like your love interest in it," she said as she placed her hand on my back and led me out of the kitchen and towards the living room.

I followed her lead, but kept looking at her.

"Taeyeon, I really mean it. Talk seriously."

She looked at me and smiled faintly. We sat down side by side on the sofa and she placed her mug on the coffee table. "Sorry. I'm still trying to handle this properly. Look, I..." she sighed then looked at me again, "I don't know what this is, my mind is just as messy as yours right now. I feel a little lost too. And I don't know where this is leading us to either, but... I do want to discover. I mean, I like it. Don't you?"

I felt her place one of her hands on top of my own and smiled to myself. I did like it a lot. It felt good. I really wanted to explore that. I just didn't know how.

"I do. But... I don't... Are you suggesting we should just keep stealing kisses here and there until we figure out what's going on between us? Like friends with benefits or something? Because seriously, Taeyeon, if that's what you have in mind... I... I don't think I can do it. I'm sorry, that's not- it just isn't the kind of situation I would picture myself in or put up with. It just doesn't feel right to me. So if that's what you want, I'd rather pretend tonight was just a dream," I said, honestly, as I lifted my eyes that were staring down at my mug and met hers.

I found Taeyeon gazing at me while having what seemed like a short musing. For a moment, I thought my words had hurt or scared her, and then I almost rued opening my damn mouth to speak like that. It wasn't until Taeyeon placed my mug beside hers on the coffee table before cradling my face with her warm hands and bringing it close to her own that I relaxed.

"Fine then. Date me," Taeyeon whispered, her stare almost piercing my eyes.

I was taken aback for a moment.

"W-what?"

"Wouldn't an actual relationship as dating make you feel more comfortable?" 

"Taeyeon, that is a big leap."

"Would it or not?" she insisted.

"Well, yeah, but still-"

"Then I'll take that as a yes," Taeyeon smirked and let go of me.

"Taeyeon! I'm serious here!" I took a pause before continuing, "Claiming someone as yours isn't a joke."

She picked up her mug and sipped on her hot chocolate. I watched her as she placed the mug back down and looked at me as I spoke.

"I wonder what would ever make you think I take you or this as a joke."

"I didn't say you do or that I think that way. It's just... Everything is happening so fast and you seem to be completely okay with its speed and I'm kind of paranoid that I'm the only one freaking out."

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows a little. "And I am. I am okay with that. I don't want to let this slip through my fingers, Tiffany. I want to live the moment, you know. I've always been like that. I don't care about what the future holds, to be quite honest. I just don't want to lose what's happening now, I want to grasp it and make the most of it, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that or with going with the flow."

I just kept staring at her.

"I mean, if you don't want to do this, it's okay, fine... As long as you accept and deal with the fact that from now on I'll hound you around the studio," Taeyeon cocked one of her brows. I just chuckled.

"I didn't say I don't want it."

"You didn't say you want it either. So?"

I smirked as I couldn't take my eyes off Taeyeon's face. Her words sound like the truth.

"You're right," I nodded.

"Is this a yes?"

"It sure is," I smiled and watched her smile back at me.

"Again, what now?" I said and chuckled after a few seconds of us both staring at each other without saying a word.

"Now this,"  Taeyeon responded, smiling, as she approached me and took my face in her hands once again before brushing her nose on my own and then finally and one more time closing the gap between us.

 

 

 

 

 

"All right, so," Taeyeon said as she tapped and opened the Instagram app, "... What is this for?"

I had given her the iPhone I got her for making her old one crack. She said I didn't need to do that and she showed a little concern about me spending my money on her, but she admitted she was happy because she was indeed planning to get one of the new iPhones. I can't even count how many times she thanked me. I was glad I made her that joyful. And luckily enough, Taeyeon knew how to perfectly take the SIM card from her old phone and insert it on the new one, so she could turn on and use the present I gave her right away. She said she had mastered such task because she's always been really unsteady with cell phones, she would often change them, even if they were brand new; and as she couldn't go to a store that often to change the SIM card, she had to learn how to do it by herself. But she did make her point saying that having so many different cell phones wasn't out of luxury, it was just because none of them would ever please her completely. 

It was almost 3am now. When it was past 1am, I told her I had to leave because it was already too late, but she didn't let me. She said I couldn't drive home that late at night, especially when the rain was still falling down steadily. She insisted that she could lend me some of her clothes tomorrow morning to go to work and though I had tried to tell her a thousand times I thought it would be better if I went back home, she still managed to talk me into staying there for the night. So I finally gave in and as neither of us was sleepy or tired, probably because of all the events of that night and day, we agreed on getting Taeyeon her Instagram and Twitter accounts at last.

"That's for posting pictures," I responded. "Only pictures."

"... That's all?" she cocked an eyebrow.

"Uh... Yeah. Come on, it's impossible that you don't know how Instagram works! Like, everyone uses it! Even Obama has an account, okay?"

"I swear I don't! I told you, I'm not that familiar with the internet... Let alone its... Um... Trends. Or social networks. I hardly ever go on the internet to have fun. I usually read or play games on my spare time. Or sleep," Taeyeon said as she tapped the screen a few times. "Or google stuff. I googled you, once."

"You googled me?"

"Yep. Back when I was told I was going to work with you," she nodded.

"Oh... Really?! That's... No, wait, that's not the point. Let's go back to the Instagram thing. I'm sure you'll really get into this as soon as you learn how to use it. Let's create your account. Do it as it tells you to."

"What can my username be?" she asked, frowning, after diligently following the app's instructions for a few seconds.

"Why don't you start trying by the easiest one? Taeyeonkim?"

"Right. Wait," she said as she typed the username, "what?! Taken? How? I don't use this thing! How can it be taken?" she panicked. I found it strangely endearing.

"That's probably taken by some fan of yours, Taeyeon. They do that. It's called a fan account. They create... Profiles, pages dedicated to their idols to show them support and love. It's all around the internet, in every social network. You'd be quite amused, I think."

"Oh. I see. Then... What do you think of taeykim?"

"It's nice," I nodded. "Try it out. Maybe it's free for use."

"It is!" she cheerfully exclaimed after registering the username. "Now what?"

"Now you upload a profile picture and start following people."

"Like whom?"

"Me!" I smiled. "Tap that little magnifier over there then tap the search space. My username is tiffanyhsx. I wish it could've been only tiffanyhs, like my twitter username, but it was already taken when I created my account... So I had to add the little 'x' in the end. But it's fine, I guess."

"TiffanyhS?" Taeyeon asked me, emphasizing the 's.' "What does the S stand for?"

"Stephanie," I responded.

Taeyeon kept looking at me with a questioning look on her face, blinking her eyes a few times in confusion, as if she were questioning me.

"My real name is not Tiffany, Taeyeon. It's Stephanie. I changed it to Tiffany when I decided to become an actress, only not officially. Legally, I'm still Stephanie Hwang, acually."

Taeyeon's jaw dropped.

"But... But... Really? But I've never seen anyone call you Stephanie or ask you why you changed your name."

I chuckled. "The media doesn't really question artists on their name choices, Taeyeon. And I don't refer to myself as Stephanie. I like Tiffany better."

"Why?"

"It was the name my mom wanted to give me. It's my way of telling her she's with me every single day and moment of my life," I said and smiled weakly.

Taeyeon smiled gently and me and took one of my hands, wringing it carefully.

 

 

"Okay, all done!" Taeyeon exclaimed. "My Instagram account's been created and so has my Twitter one, and I've already followed you and my favorite people," she said, smiling proudly to herself while fixing her profile picture on Twitter, 20 minutes after we started with the whole 'let's give Taeyeon a social and globalized life' thing. I took a couple of those minutes to teach her the most basic functions of both Twitter and Instagram, so she wouldn't feel lost, though I was sure she could perfectly learn it by herself. Only she was still a little... Lazy to do that on her own. Kind of unmotivated, if I can put it that way. Taeyeon wasn't really the kind of person who liked to show herself off, she was a very private woman, that I had noticed. "... Now what?" she said as she kept staring at the screen.

I snickered. I unlocked my phone and held it up, approaching my face to Taeyeon's.

"Selfie time," I said. "Let's take a picture and I will post it and tag you on it, so people can see you're now part of the internet society and follow you."

"Will that suffice?"

"Sure. Trust me, you'll see. You'll get thousands of followers in minutes."

After a few clicks with my phone's camera, we thought we had enough pictures and started to go through them. We chuckled together as we chose the silliest one, Taeyeon was showing off her tongue and doing some dorky facial expression and I had this giant and stiff smile on my face while my eyes were closed tightly.

"This one will do it," I said and nodded as opened the picture on Instagram and started to edit it a little.

I felt Taeyeon's chin rest on my shoulder as I finished editing the picture before typing its caption and tagging her.

"Now that I know you have two names, what am I supposed to call you?"

I chuckled. I turned my face to hers and looked at her as I posted the picture on Instagram and shared it on Twitter.

"Are you serious?" I said and she nodded. "Well, everyone calls me Tiffany. But if you want to call me Stephanie that's okay too, I like both. Just don't think I'm ignoring you if you call me Stephanie and I don't respond, I'm not so used to go by Stephanie anymore."

Taeyeon chuckled and nodded once again. I stirred a little when I felt the tip of her nose brush on my cheek, and her warm breath against it. I felt my body go stiff. I definitely wasn't used to this kind of interaction with her yet. Not that I thought she was, but I for sure could tell that I was a whole lot more nervous than her. 

She placed this chaste and lingering kiss on my cheek and I closed my eyes as I felt it. It was such a warm and good sensation, it felt so... Real. Whatever that meant. I could perfectly get used to this kind of moment with Taeyeon, that I could.

"If you want to get over this awkwardness as soon as possible, you have to collaborate with me, you know," I heard Taeyeon say, almost murmuring, and instantly drifted away from my thoughts. "You're all stiff."

"Sorry," I chuckled. "I will."

 


 

Stupid Cupid is finally out of secrecy + Taeyeon Kim and Tiffany Hwang bonding in an endearing selfie!

 

       After months of being kept under lock and key, Director Martin Cox's new project that stars Taeyeon Kim and Tiffany Hwang together has been finally made public. Taeyeon and Tiffany would never reveal too much in the interviews the two have given in the past few months, but we couldn't blame them; as a matter of fact, we understand why they did what they did: can you imagine those two in love with each other?

       You read it right. This is why Martin Cox, Taeyeon and Tiffany have been so shady lately whenever asked about this new movie of theirs: Taeyeon and Tiffany are romantically involved in it. Yes, a couple. Yes, they kiss. Yes, they are probably going to be one of the hottest and most beautiful couples Hollywood has ever seen. And yes, everything's been done on the sly, right under our noses, and they were all deceitful enough not to let anything leak before the time! 

One of the pictures released from the promotional photosho. The official poster is soon to
be revealed.

       The plot of the movie, however, it's not quite as sweet as it seems to be: Leah (Taeyeon Kim) and Ella (Tiffany Hwang) are childhood best friends who have to part ways while still very young, but then life and circumstances bring them back together as adults. Everything goes just fine for the reunited best friends until the not new, but recently acknowledged feelings start to take over the both of them. When requested for further details, Marin Cox didn't hesitate to tell us, "Leah and Ella are a constant wreck from the moment they realize what they feel towards each other onwards. There's a lot of crying, a lot of confusion, hesitation, even pain. It is very painful to the both of them because they feel like there's nowhere to run. Those scenes are hard to watch and hard to shoot, too; I was, however, lucky enough to have my proposal accepted by these two superb actresses that are Taeyeon and Tiffany. The emotion they bring to their respective characters as a result of their raw talent, that was, and is still being, very important for the story. It is a story that many directors took interest in, but they never tried to make it happen because they knew it was a story that had to be told with excellence, grace, with feelings. But now Taeyeon and Tiffany will do that, they are already doing that, and it's amazing."

       "I don't think Stupid Cupid would fit in the 'rom-com' category," Cox added. "Judging by its name, it might look like a very cliche movie, but it truly isn't. I would say it would suit the story better if we referred to is as a romantic or even dramatic one. And the title makes sense, if you think about it. Wouldn't you think the Cupid is an if he made you fall in love with your best of friends?" the man joked. The movie is said to be released in the end of the next summer, and is now reaching its very final stages of filming. 

      Taeyeon and Tiffany, on the other hand, seem to be having a lot of fun with each other and already look like great friends. Tiffany posted a picture on her Instagram profile with Taeyeon, and it looks like she talked the latter into creating her own account not only on Instagram, but also on Twitter!

       Click the links above to check the picture and follow Taeyeon, and stay tuned as we update you on what these two are going to be up to from now on.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Holler!News
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
     05:24am.

 


 

I woke up the next morning with my phone's alarm going off. 7 o'clock, it marked. I sighed as I heard the raindrops falling outside. I had always been the kind of person that could manage herself to be a morning one, you know. Doing things before breakfast, having enough energy to do any and everything during the morning. I've never really complained about getting up early. Not even on Mondays. 

But I just couldn't function in a rainy morning. Let alone be disposed to move an inch away from the bed.

I shook my head and sat up. When I realized on whose bed I was sitting, all the memories from the previous night came in my head like a flash.

Taeyeon.

I tilted my head and looked at her. Considerably away from me, sleeping like a baby. It wasn't awkward. We were keeping each other company, and that was... That was good. Very good. Something I thought the both of us needed.

I still couldn't believe we were... Officially dating, if I may put it in these words. But I knew I could get used to it. I liked her. Yes, I liked her. Would never be able to think of a reason not to. She's great.

I smiled lazily to myself, supposing that last night could be the beginning of something amazing for the both of us. I was happy we both were willing to give it a chance. I was taken aback by how easily and rapidly Taeyeon handled everything, but it was these kind of reckless attitudes of hers that brought a wild side of me out, a side of which existence I wasn't even aware of until then. But I enjoyed it. I was willing to live the moment without thinking about the outcomes for the first time in my life. And it felt amazing. 

"Taeyeon?" I called her softly, chuckling when I noticed she wouldn't even flinch.

"Wake up, Taeyeon. Do you want your guest to leave your home to work ?"

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello, I'm back. :] I'm sorry this chapter took longer than the expected to come out, but it was the best I could do. I have just two things to tell you, and I would really appreciate if you read this:

  1. There is going to be a Christmas chapter. However, I don't think it's possible for me to post it before the actual Christmas, but I don't think that's going to be a problem, considering this fanfic is still currently taking place in november (last month). The only thing I can promise is that it is definitely going to come out before the end of 2014. I also want to ask you guys to pay careful attention to whenever time is mentioned in this story, for you not to feel lost. Please keep up with me.
  2. I will speed things up and it's going to have a leap in time soon, and then a even bigger leap later. It's for the sake of the story and I hope you trust me on this! :D

Please do not forget to comment, your comments are always essential to me as an author and also for the story. Thank you for the patience! I hope you've had a good read.