Introduction - Part II

In Real Life

POV — Taeyeon

It was only 6:30AM and I was already up, ready to work. Actually, it would be wrong to say I was up. I couldn't sleep the night before. Gosh, I hate it so much when my insomnia strikes. I wasn't in a bad mood, however. The filming has been so great so far that thinking about working there would make me feel instantly better, even if I were so tired and exhausted to the point I could get knocked out by a feather. And, believe me, exhaustion was starting to appear. Our filming schedules were starting to get more intense. Yesterday, for example, we worked from 7AM to 11PM, with almost no breaks. I was completely beaten when I got home. But there were things that made up for that.

Tiffany and have been getting significantly close for the past months. We were friends now, great friends, we liked to spend time together. I give the props to Leah and Ella, though. We wouldn't get close if it weren't for them. I mean... Me and Tiffany were constantly being sweet and touching each other on screen, we kind of got used to that even off the cameras. The scenes were still simple, though, but we knew things would start to change and we were ready for it. At least, I like to think that way. We were still thinking of it as a challenge.

I sighed and called Sooyoung. I was glad she was already up too, because I don't really like to wake her up. I get very disturbed and annoyed when someone wakes me up, so I don't like to do the same with other people. I asked her to come and pick me up, because I didn't think I was in good conditions to drive, considering I spent the whole night rolling on my bed. I changed positions so many times before trying to stay still to see if I would get sleepy that it came to a point where my whole body felt numb. And that was my response when Sooyoung asked me why the heck I wouldn't just stay in bed, because I would arrive in the studio like an hour earlier than I was supposed to.

But, as the good manager and friend she is, she picked me up and we arrived the studio fifteen minutes later. It was a calm and quiet ride, there weren't many cars on the streets, which was quite surprising for a Friday morning. As we entered the studio, I spotted Martin already getting everyone ready for filming and giving the staff instructions. We greeted him and he weakly waved at us, he looked as tired as me. 

I left Sooyoung doing whatever she would so and decided to go to the changing room and lie down on the very comfortable and huge white sofa that was in the corner of the room, since there was very few people in the studio at that time, and I'm sure no one would mind. I rested my head on one of its cushions and closed my eyes, hoping I could at least take a little nap before I started filming. Maybe if I did, I wouldn't look dead on screen nor need to wear two thick layers of makeup.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

POV — Tiffany

I arrived at the studio with Sunny around 7:30AM. I was worried I was late, but when we got there, Martin told us we would have to delay the filming for one hour or so, because there were some broken equipment what had to be fixed urgently. I was kind of relieved. 

Neither I or Sunny had had breakfast that morning. I overslept and left my house hastily afraid I would be late, and I still had to drop by Sunny's house because her car had a problem on the engine and had to be fixed. So, Sunny told me she would get my car and go out to get some breakfast for us. I agreed and she left. I wandered around the studio looking for Taeyeon, but there was no sign of her. I asked Martin if he had seen her but he said he wasn't sure, he said she could probably be resting. Though I didn't want to bother her, I wanted to see her, so I dared to check the rooms in the studio one by one.

Taeyeon and I got really close. We were more than comfortable around each other now, though I still felt that there was this... This... This something, this feeling I couldn't understand between us. I would describe is as an awkwardness, but it wasn't exactly that. But I decided to ignore it, because we were doing just great with each other and I wouldn't want to ruin that, especially when we had the movie to work on. It would be better if we had chemistry. Not that I mean we have, it's just... Yeah, well, screw it. I knew we had chemistry. And I liked it.

When I opened the dressing room's door, I looked around it and saw a very peacefully sleeping Taeyeon on the sofa. I giggled a little. I entered the room and closed the door, silently making my way to the couch. I sat on the sofa's arm and looked at Taeyeon's face. I had never seen someone sleep with such a serene look on her face. I, myself, would often sleep with my mouth open and wake up in the middle of the night drooling. Taeyeon was... Amusing even when she was asleep.

I admired her.  A hell lot. Everything she did mesmerized me. Do you know when a fangirl sees her idol? That was how I felt whenever I saw her acting. She was just great and it was so nice to work with her, so natural, so comfortable. Suddenly, I thought how much I would miss everything about this experience when it came to an end. Most likely, I have to admit to myself, how much I would miss working with Taeyeon. Or how much I would miss her, actually.

I leaned in a little and placed both of my hands on her head. I started to gently drag the tips of my fingers through her scalp and a few moments later I saw her shifting a bit. Waking up, I supposed. I smiled and crossed my legs, resting my arms on my knees. I watched her as she confusedly opened her eyes and looked around the room.

"Good morning," I said, before holding in a chuckle when I noticed I had startled her a little by how quickly she turned to me.

"Oh, Tiffany," she smiled, "good morning," and then she yawned.

"Tired?"

"Very," she weakly said before smiling in the same way. "But happy to see you. You're an energizer, remember?" she said as she sat on the sofa. I just chuckled.

"Yeah, right. So, is your improvised bed comfortable, Ms. Kim?"

"Want to try? I guarantee you it's way more comfortable than the floor," she said while lifting her eyebrows and looking at me, probably recalling the day during our first meetings when I slept on the floor in the middle of a photo shoot.

And did I mention how much I like it when she does that thing with her eyebrows?

"Sure. Why not," I said as I moved from the sofa's arm to the actual sofa. It was quite comfortable, she was right. I rested my head on the cushion she was using before and looked at her. "But if I fall sleep, it will be your fault. It's hard to wake my up and I'll probably embarrass myself if anyone tries to."

"You won't," she chuckled. "But if you do, I'll personally wake you up and make sure I record it if you embarrass yourself." She remained quiet for some seconds before looking at me again, pointing at the sofa. "Can I...?"

"Sure," I said as I moved my body a little and turned it to her, in order to give her a better space to lie in. "I can leave, if you want to."

"No, please stay." She smiled as she lied down and turned her body to me.

I smiled back at her and we just stayed there, quietly and kind of shyly looking at each other for a couple of minutes before I finally broke the silence.

"Oh em gee, I am on the sofa with Taeyeon Kim," I whispered.

She instantly started to laugh.

"Stop it. Sometimes, you speak in a way it seems I'm an idol or something," she shook her head, trying to hide a smile.

"Can't you cope with working with an admirer?"

"You're just flattering me."

"And if I were?" 

"..."

I smiled at her. "Bingo. I won. You owe me something now."

She laughed again and I felt good. I've never been funny — in fact, my friends used to always tell me I would try too hard to be funny —, but at least I made someone laugh.

"Say, Taeyeon," I called her.

"Hm?"

"Do you have any problem with skinship?"

She stared at me for a few seconds before blinking a few times and chuckling. "Tiffany, I'm an actress. How would I manage to have this kind of job if I had a problem with skinship?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. There are actors and actresses out there who only feel comfortable doing it for the roles, you know. And some women find it weird to have skinship with another woman depending on their their age. It's more common between teenage friends, I suppose."

"What do you mean?"

I looked at her again and rested my face on her shoulder. "Would you mind if I took a nap here?" I whispered. 

She just chuckled faintly and smiled at me, shaking her head and shyly resting her hand on my back. She touched it so lightly I almost didn't feel it. "Make yourself comfortable," she whispered back at me. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

POV — Sunny

Half an hour later.

I came back to the studio with the breakfast I had bought for me and Tiffany, but I couldn't manage to find her anywhere. Luckily, I saw Sooyoung sitting on Taeyeon's chair, just finishing a phone call. I walked up to her, hoping she could tell me where the heck the pink girl was.

"Hey, Sooyoung!" I called her and she looked up to me.

"Oh, hey Sun!" she smiled. "Come, have a sit! Do you need anything?"

I smiled back at her and approached her, sighing as I left the bags I was carrying on the floor. "In fact, I do. Have you seen Tiffany? I told her I would go out to get us breakfast, but she just disappeared..."

"Breakf--" she interrupted herself and looked down to the bags on the floor, "so you have food there?"

"Sooyoung!" I mentally kicked her and sighed again. "I promise you'll get some, just please help me find Tiffany. This girl is weak as hell, she needs to eat something before she passes out in the middle of her work!"

"Okay, okay," she said as she got up, "but I really don't know where did she go. The last time I saw her, she asked me where Taeyeon was."

"Then they must be together. Where was Taeyeon then?"

"I don't know either, that midget just disappeared too. But she was very tired, maybe she's in the dressing room, I know there's this comfortable sofa there."

"Good. You come with me then," I said as I grabbed her arm so that she would accompany me to the dressing room. There was no way on Earth I would leave Sooyoung alone. Especially with my food there.

"But--"

"Tiffany and Taeyeon first. Food can wait. It's not like it's going to run away," I said before she could start complaining. I wasn't looking at her, but I knew she was frowning. I scoffed quietly. This cookie monster.

I liked Sooyoung. She was a kind, warm, funny girl. It was great to have her around because I wouldn't get bored while Tiffany was working, since I would talk to her. We got to know each other pretty well, we became good friends, and I was glad for that. I'm not the type of person who befriends people easily, I'm quite a private person, but Sooyoung made me feel comfortable. She was like a gift to me. Do you know those friends that come into your life and you feel like you need to take care of them forever because they're just too precious? That was Sooyoung for me.

But I wouldn't let Tiffany know that. She would get jealous.

We reached the dressing room's door and knocked on it, but no one responded. I looked at Sooyoung and she just shrugged. So I decided to open the door. I did it carefully, afraid I might scare them or interrupt something. I didn't want to see any of them , if they were changing. 

And I entered that room just to see one of the most surprising scenes I had ever seen in my entire 26 years of existence.

"Well, well," I whispered and smirked as I crossed my arms, looking at Taeyeon and Tiffany sleeping together on the sofa. Tiffany had her face rested on Taeyeon's shoulder, Taeyeon was peacefully sleeping with her head on the cushion, her hand gently resting on Tiffany's back. Oh, I'd get a picture of that. That I would. 

I noticed Sooyoung didn't enter the room with me, so I silently got out of it and found her busily texting. I poked her arm and she looked at me.

"What?"

"Shh. There's something I think you need and want to see. Come," I held her arm again as I led her into the room. When she saw what I had seen, her jaw dropped.

"No way," she muttered.

"I'm photographing it," I told her as I took my phone out of my pocket, "this is going to be great."

"Me too. I'm teasing Taeyeon forever," she said as she did the same.

We both took our respective pictures of the moment as we chuckled. We pocketed our phones again and approached the sofa carefully.

"I think they've been sleeping for half an hour or something now, don't you think it's time to wake them up?" Sooyoung asked me.

I took a moment to think about it. Indeed, I was thinking we should wake them up, too. But I didn't want to ruin that moment. And knowing how Sooyoung can be mischievously playful, I knew Tiffany would feel embarrassed to death if we woke them up now and here.

"Yeah," I began, "but not here. Let's just leave and then call their on their cell phones."

"No pranks?" Sooyoung pouted. I just chuckled.

"No pranks, So. Let's go," I told her and held her arm, making my way out of the room and dragging her with me before closing the door behind us.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

POV — Taeyeon

I woke up with something annoyinglyvibrating in my pocket. I sighed and opened my eyes, taking my cell phone out of my pocket and answering the call.

"Yes?"

"Sleepyhead, I'm terribly sorry to interrupt your nap of love, but don't you think it's time to wake up?" I heard Sooyoung say on the line.

"Is Martin calling me?" I asked as I closed my eyes again.

"Um... No. Actually, thanks for mentioning him, I haven't seen Mr. Cox in a while."

"Mmm," I murmured and sighed again. "Wait," I opened my eyes again, wider this time, "how do you know I was napping?"

"Me and Sunny were looking for you and for Tiffany and... Well, let's say we've got some pretty pictures from what we saw," she responded and I could almost feel Sooyoung's predictable grin behind the line. I was about to say something, and probably cuss at her, when I felt Tiffany moving a little beside me.

"I'll take care of you later, you stupid broomstick. Let me wake Tiffany up. Go find Martin," I said before abruptly hanging up the call. 

I looked at Tiffany and she still was peacefully sleeping, despite the fact that she just moved. I could feel my arm aching due the numbness from being under her body for such a long time, but I didn't really care. I took a look at her face. She was so pretty, no wonder everyone in Hollywood thought so. It was the kind of beauty I had never seen before. I wouldn't know how to explain it, but she was just unique, I suppose. I admired her a lot, she's been constantly surprising me for the past two months, her acting was simply even better than I thought. I could see it was good through her movies and, yes, I've been watching some of her movies in the past months, but seeing her act was something completely different. I felt lucky and so very fortunate to be working with her. 

I suddenly found myself looking at her lips and holding my breath. I felt nervous. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, but the thought of kissing Tiffany would always leave me out of my mind. Though I didn't know why, because I never felt really nervous with this kind of thing, I was actually pretty used. But Tiffany was different. She made me feel like a teenage girl who was about to have her first kiss.

But I blamed that feeling on the fact that I would be kissing a woman for the first time in my life.

"Tiffany," I called her after cleaning my throat and recollecting my thoughts. 

She didn't move.

"Tiffany," I called her again, louder this time, "come on, wake up!"

Still no response.

Then, I remembered something my mom used to do to me when I was little and wouldn't wake up.

I carefully removed my arm from under her body and placed my hand on the sofa, searching for support for my body that I was now lifting. I approached my lips to her ear and blew quickly into it. 

She shrunk a little and covered her ear with one of her hands. I smiled. Mission accomplished.

"What is this?!" I heard her sleepily complain.

"Finally. Good morning. Again. Thought you would never wake up."

I watched her as she slowly opened her eyes and blinked a few times, probably confused. "Oh, good morning Taeyeon," she said and lazily smiled at me, "is anything wrong?"

"No. Sooyoung and Sunny are looking for us, I thought I should wake you up."

"Did something happen?"

"Nope, that's all."

"Oh," she mouthed before nodding slightly. "Okay then. We shall go," she said as she got up and tidied her shirt. "Did you get some rest?"

"I guess so. We didn't sleep for not even an hour, but it's still better than nothing. Did you?"

She chuckled. "I wasn't tired. But I have this... Thing, I can fall asleep anywhere that's comfortable or whenever I lay down. It's kind of problematic."

"That's really... Surprising, considering how energetic you are and how readily you do whatever you have to do," I got up and put the cushions on their respective places on the sofa while still talking to her.

"Nobody is perfect, right?" she smiled. "Let's go."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

POV — Tiffany

An hour had already gone by and there was still no sight of Martin. Me, Taeyeon, Sunny and Sooyoung were impatiently waiting together in the middle of the studio, the two latter busily trying to contact him with her phones.

"Guys, what if something bad happened to him?" I suggested. "Maybe he's in trouble, I'm starting to get anxious."

"Relax, Fany," Sooyoung tried to assure me while bringing her phone up ot her year, trying to call Martin for the possible 30th time, "if so, we would know by now. I'm sure he is just busy or something."

"But Mr. Cox isn't the kind of man who would go out in the middle of his work without at least telling someone! Not even the staff knows what's happening..."

"Hey," I heard Taeyeon say as she approached me and rested one of her hands on my arms, squeezing it gently, "Sooyoung is right. Maybe he had to leave in a hurry and didn't have the time to tell anyone." I looked at her and nodded a little.

"WHY, THIS MAN!!" I heard Sunny cry out. "WHY WOULD HE DO THAT!"

"Sunny, calm down..." I said.

"NO! I'm annoyed. You know how I hate when that happens. It makes people look unprofessional."

"I know, I know, but you know that Mr. Cox is not  unprofessional. Let go of that phone, chill down."

She stared at me for a while before snorting puffing loudly. "Fine," she said as she pocketed her phone and sat down looking like an angry kid. I giggled and blew her a kiss. 

After some more minutes waiting, we heard Martin's loud voice talking on the phone and saw him walking into the studio. The four of us sighed relievedly. We waited until he had ended his phone call and walked up to him.

"Mr. Cox, is everything alright?" Taeyeon asked shyly.

"Oh, Taeyeon! Tiffany!" he looked at us both, "I'm terribly sorry. You see, the writer of the script called me and told me she wanted to make some slight changes on it. I was talking to her, trying to convince her to give this idea up because we had already stared to film, but she is so damn stubborn," he sighed.

"Changes?" I asked. "What kind of changes?"

"I don't know, I have no idea. But she said she needs a week. And I gave in. I mean, what can I do? She said she would forbid the filming of the movie if I didn't let her change whatever the hell she wanted to," he said as he shrugged defeatedly. "I'm sorry for worrying you. But, I hope you see the bright side of this ㅡ at least, you have the next week off," he tried a smile.

"It's okay, Mr. Cox," Taeyeon smiled politely and placed one of her hands on the man's shoulder, "we understand. Don't worry. We'll get a good rest and you should take a well-deserved one, too."

"Oh, thank you, darling. I will, I will," he said as he patted Taeyeon's hand. "Well, you're dismissed, girls. I apologize once again. I have to go now. Bye!" the man said with an apologetic smile as he walked away. 

The four of us stayed quiet for a minute before Taeyeon broke the silence.

"So... What now?"

"Lunch!" Sooyoung happily cried out.

"Sooyoung, it's barely 10AM. Please don't give me secondhand embarrassment," Taeyeon said, eyeing Sooyoung in the most 'I am judging you' way possible. That made me chuckle. 

"We can take a walk or maybe drop by a cafeteria or something. Starbucks, anyone?" I suggested.

"Oooh, yes, I'm in for a Starbucks, I haven't had one in months," Sunny said.

"Great," I smiled. "You, Sooyoung?" I looked at her. 

"If there's food, I'm in. Sunny promised me some pastries that she NEVER gave me," she said as she eyed Sunny. I chuckled again.

"Good, good," I said before looking at Taeyeon, who remained quiet. "What about you, Ms. Hollywod?"

She smiled. "Sounds tempting, but I think I'm heading home to get some sleep."

"Poor Taengoo couldn't sleep for the whole night, right buddy?" Sooyoung said as she patted Taeyeon's back. Taeyeon just nodded.

"Oh, okay then. But would you mind if we steal Sooyoung a little?"

"No, not at all. Take her, keep her, I don't mind. She just knows how to annoy me," Taeyeon said as she chuckled and pinched Sooyoung's cheek, making the taller girl roll her eyes.

"Well, I guess I'll see you guys in a week or so," Taeyeon smiled faintly. "Have fun. Plase get rid of Sooyoung if she gets too inconvenient."

"We can throw her in the nearest river, don't worry," I said as I winked at her and smiled. "Rest well."

"Yeah, Taeyeon, rest well. You're old already, I don't want you to develop some old lady disease for lack of sleep."

Taeyeon stayed quiet for some seconds, just staring at Sooyoung. She then narrowed her eyes a little before grabbing her belongings. "The age difference between you and me is ONE year, Sooyoung. And old or not," she said as she put on her shades, playfully smiling at Sooyoung, "my s are still bigger and prettier than yours."

Sooyoung's jaw dropped and Taeyeon just walked away. Me and Sunny couldn't stop ourselves from laughing out loud. Sunny was particularly laughing so much she was almost screaming.

"Now what a little jerk! I can't believe I call her my best friend AND boss," Sooyoung said as she crossed her arms.

 Me and Sunny just laughed even more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

POV — Taeyeon

Well, the break actually came in good time, after all. It was still early in the morning and I would be able to sleep for the rest of the day and rest for the rest of the week.

I entered my house and locked the door before I ran upstairs, eager to go to my room and throw myself on my soft bed. As I finally did so, I took my phone out of my pocket and took my shoes off, wrapping myself on my blankets to enjoy the chilly morning. 

The thought of having a week off came back into my mind. I was absolutely glad I would have some spare time and days to rest, because we've been working really hard lately. 

But, somehow, I didn't like the idea of not seeing Tiffany for a whole week. Not after all the time we had been spending together, not after becoming used to seeing her every day. 

And I didn't know what would happen during this week of or what she would do, so I decided I should take advantage of today.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

POV — Tiffany

"Geez," I said as I sat down around a small table with Sooyoung and Sunny, "if I knew Starbucks would be this crowded today, I would've suggested another place."

"Nah, that's good," Sooyoung said. "It worth it, after all. I've been here in more crowded days, though."

"Mhm," Sunny agreed. "And after you mentioned Starbucks, I started to crave it. I wouldn't have gone to another place, nuh-uh," she chuckled.

I giggled. "Yeah, I know how you are when it comes to food."

"What do you mean?" Sooyoung aske.

"You see, Soo, Sunny is... How can I say that? Whenever she craves some food, she won't rest until she gets it, and she won't eat anything else either. It's not that common for her to have these food cravings but whenever she does, it's like that. There was one time we had to go out at 3AM because Sunny was craving a McDonald's and their delivery system wasn't working," I said as I began to laugh.

"Oh, I remember that!" Sunny laughed with me. "Yeah... I couldn't help myself."

"I understand," Sooyoung chuckled, "Though I don't have those cravings. I just eat. I can eat anything. Just... I'm allergic to cinnamon. What's a shame, because it's delicious..." she sighed sadly.

"I don't like cinnamon..." Sunny said.

"Yeah, I know why!" I chuckled again and looked at her, "But if you hadn't stuffed a full spoon of cinnamon in your mouth when you were little, you would probably like it nowadays."

"Wait, what?" Sooyoung started to laugh. "Were you trying to do the cinnamon challenge before it was even invented, Sunny?"

Sunny couldn't help but laugh with us. "I just liked to be original, okay?"

We kept on laughing and talking, waiting for our orders. We were having such a fun and good time that I rued not insisting for Taeyeon to come with us. I was jolted out of my thoughts when I heard my phone ringins. I took a look at its screen and saw Taeyeon's name, readily answering the call afterwards.

"Hi," I greeted her.

"Hey. How's there?"

I smiled. "Fun. We're chatting. You should've come, I'm sorry I didn't insis on it."

"Don't be," she chuckled, "I'm just great here. Just called to ask you something."

I could feel Sooyoung's and Sunny's eyes on me. I felt a bit shy.

"Shoot it."

"Are you free tonight? I was wondering if you didn't want to have dinner at my place."

"... Yeah," I responded, somewhat nervously. "Yeah, I am. I'd love to. What time?"

"Is 8PM good for you?"

"8PM is just fine," I said as I couldn't contain a smile.

"Good. See you then. Bye!"

"Bye," I said and hung up the call, still smiling.

Sooyoung and Sunny eyed me again.

"What?" I questioned.

"I'm guessing Taengoo invited you to go out with her?" Sooyoung playfully smiled, crossing her arms.

"She invited me to have dinner together AND," I said as I got up to get our coffees after I heard our names being called, "there's nothing wrong in a friendly dinner."

I left after rolling my eyes and giggling as I saw Sooyoung and Sunny looking at each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

POV — Sunny

watched as Tiffany walked away to get our orders.

"Hey," Sooyoung poked me, "what's wrong?"

"Sooyoung, you know Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, don't you?" I looked at her.

"Well duh?! Who doesn't?"

"Didn't they fall in love while filming that movie together?"

"Yeah. As many other celebrity couples have fallen in love before in the same situation. But why are you saying that?"

I simply crossed my arms and lifted one of my eyebrows.

"Wait, are you implying that Taeyeon and Tiffany might be--"

"I'm not implying anything, Soo," I cut her off quickly when I saw Tiffany returning to our table. "I'm just telling you you should keep an eye on them to see what happens from now on," I said and smirked. "Drop it now, Fany is coming. We'll talk about it later."

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: And here is a brand new chapter for you. (: I'm very thankful you have been waiting so eagerly, you are really like energize boosters haha. Don't forget to comment so I can motivate myself to write quicker. I hope you enjoy this chapter, because I really worked hard on it and I'm personally very satisfied with the result. Bye~!