#TaeNy

In Real Life

POV — Taeyeon

Sooyoung arrived just in time I had finished everything. The four bowls of chocolate popcorn were already lying on top of the coffee table and I had prepared the living room's carpet and sofa with lots of fluffy bedspreads and pillows. I ran to the door when I heard Sooyoung ring the doorbell.

"Hey," I smiled when I saw her.

"HEY KID," she eagerly and loudly said as she smiled back at me and entered my house, trying hard to handle all the things she was carrying, such as her huge sleepover pillow, a bag full of DVDs and this... McDonald's bag.

"Are you serious? McDonald's? I thought you'd told me to make chocolate popcorn," I said as I eyes the bag and closed the door.

"Why, can't I eat both? Don't sulk, I brought you fries, your favorite burger and that apple pie you haven't eaten in years."

"Whoa, you're sharing and buying food for me?" I smiled and watched as she placed her stuff on the sofa. "It looks like someone's becoming a lady here. I'm proud of you."

"Don't get your hopes too high, I bought me two of each of the items I just mentioned. You know. Hungry person," she shamelessly said and smirked.

"Yeah. Hungry person. More like the Food-Drama Queen. You speak and act as if you starve!" I chuckled and sat on the sofa.

"Though we both know I don't and never did," Sooyoung said and looked at me. "Are you on your pajamas already?"

"Well, yeah. I mean, I've already taken a shower and we're not going out, are we?"

"Nope. Okay then," Sooyoung said as she plopped herself beside me, "tell me everything, don't hide anything, forget much less. Speak now."

I had to contain my chuckle. "Now."

"Funny. I mean it. I'm talking about the dinner, you know."

"I thought we were over this, Sooyoung," I frowned a little.

"I'm not. You didn't tell me what happened. I want to know, I have the right to," she said as she stuffed her hand on the McDonald's bag and grabbed one of the burgers, "I'm your best friend and manager."

"I know, but... I don't understand your curiosity, Sooyoung. Really. It was a friendly dinner, that's all. It means nothing much or special is supposed to happen, I honestly don't think there's anything to tell you about it."

She just stared at me.

"What?"

"A friendly dinner, Taeyeon? Seriously? On your place, you probably cooked for her, she probably brought you wine and in the end I can picture you two relaxedly resting on the sofa."

I opened my mouth a few times until I could finally speak, "H-how did you--"

"How did I know that? Because that's how first dates work!"

"It wasn't a date!" I denied again. "The wine meant nothing. Much less the cooking or the location."

"You know what?"

"What?"

"You never did that to me. And we are friends, aren't we?" Sooyoung cocked her eyebrows.

Strike one.

"Th-that's because I never needed to. We met each other due work reasons. Our friendship came from our profession," I tried to justify. She was already making me nervous.

"Oh, drop it, Taeng. Accept that you took her on a date. Well, you didn't actually take her anywhere, you just... Invited her on a date. Really. Accept it," she giggled.

"I didn't! First things first, I never dated women, you moron."

"You are, however, on the very verge of kissing one, that being one of the things we are very certain that are happening sooner or later," she rebutted.

"... Maybe the changes in the script include no kisses or just a peck or something," I said and crossed my arms.

I watched as Sooyoung reached for a handful of fries that she later placed on the empty side of her hamburger's box. She then looked at me again and stared at me for a while.

"You," she said as she pointed one of the fries at me, "are in denial, my friend."

"Denial of what?" I rolled my eyes.

"You're feeling something, aren't you?"

I stared at Sooyoung for a few seconds and blinked my eyes a couple of times before recomposing myself and chuckling. "For Tiffany? No way," I shook my head.

"Yes. Yes you are. And this is exactly why you like to deny it. You don't want to have feelings for her but you know you are developing feelings for her. I know you, Taeyeon. And I know how crushes work too, I know it very well."

"Drop it, Soo! I don't have any feelings for her! She's my workmate and that's all. We are just trying to develop a good and steady friendship because we honestly like each other, don't you think that's good?" I frowned again.

"Oh, really? Are you going to tell me you wouldn't feel disappointed if you knew the kisses were seized from the script, even though it would be impossible to have a love story without at least one kiss?"

"I... No. My job is just to do whatever the director tells me to."

"Yeah, right. Then I believe you wouldn't tell me you didn't smile when you heard me tell you Tiffany was going to be with you on the breakfast show either."

Strike two. God damn it.

"I... I did, but that was because... I don't like doing interviews alone and I thought it could be fun for both of us."

Sooyoung placed one of her hands on my shoulder. "Accept it. Just do it. It's the most normal thing to artists."

"I am NOT in love with her!" I emphasized the 'not'.

Sooyoung just smirked. "Did I ever mention the word 'love', Taeyeon?"

"Well that's what you were implying, isn't it?"

"Nope," she shook her head. "I talked about crushes. I was implying you had a crush on her. I never said you were in love," she said as her smirk grew wider. I sighed.

"Can we just knock it off? Please?"

"Fine. We'll talk about it when you're ready. Just think about the things I've told you for now."

I nodded and we stayed quiet until Sooyoung had finished her snack.

"By the way, why the hell were you and Sunny talking about Brangelina to Tiffany?" I asked.

"She told you, huh?" she chuckled. "We were just asking her about her thoughts on relationships that rise from being romantic partners in a movie like theirs did."

I didn't even respond. I just grabbed a pillow and tossed it on Sooyoung's face. The latter just started to laugh out loud and I have in a few seconds later, letting out my own laugh.

"We should do this more, you know?" I told her.

"Sleepovers and movie afternoons during spare time? Agreed," she nodded.

"You could stay a few days here if you want to. I mean, this week. I have nothing to do."

"Really? You wouldn't mind?"

"Of course not. It gets lonely here sometimes," I smiled weakly. "But you have to wash your own dishes."

"Come on!" she complained. And then we laughed again.

 

 

 

 

The week had gone by pretty quickly. Sooyoung stayed with me until thursday and we had a lot of time to chat and catch up on everything. It was new for us, we were the best of friends but we had never stayed together for so long, at least not out of work. I felt like our bond grew stronger and that mad me really, really happy. I had always been the kind of person who could never excel on keeping the spark of my friendships alive, but it was so easy with Sooyoung. She was like a giant younger sister to me that took care of me like a mother. And I was thankful for that.

It was 5:30AM when Sooyoung dropped by my house to pick me up. I had to be at the studio at 6AM for makeup and all, and the recording and broadcasting would happen at 7AM. I wished it weren't a morning talk show. If it weren't, I wouldn't need to be up so early.

We arrived at the studio just in time and I was gladly surprised there were actually fans out there at such an early time in the morning. It was always very good to meet with them. Despite my tired and sleepy face, they still asked me to take pictures with them. And I did, after making my hand almost go numb from all the things that I had to sign, from pieces of papers until an... Arm. 

I entered the studio and headed straight to get my makeup done. I asked for a natural look, I wouldn't want to look all dolled up at 7 o'clock in the morning, and I had always preferred the casual and simple look anyway. Luckily, the makeup artist was great and gave me a good simple makeup to match with my white skinny jeans, white high heels and baby pink button-up shirt. My hair had these loose curls I myself had made yesterday and my bangs were pinned with a small, black hair clip that was almost invisible. And I combined my outfit with a relatively big white and gold watch I had bought a few weeks ago and a discreet necklace.

It was around 6:45AM when I was sent to the waiting room. And a few minutes after I got there, I heard its door open and looked up from my phone, for I was using it while resting on the small sofa that was there.

"Taeyeon! Good morning!" Tiffany smiled and closed the door before coming to me. I got up immediately and pocketed my phone. "I was so excited when I heard you would be here too! I haven't seen you since Monday morning," she hugged me, "I missed you." I hugged her back and smiled.

"Yeah, me too," I said as we let go of the hug. I took a look at Tiffany. She looked awesome, her outfit was almost matching mine, only hers was an a-line, long-sleeved plain white dress that was combined with a thick black bow belt and equally black heels. On her wrists she had these pearl bracelets and her hair was very similar to mine, only more wavy then loosely curly. "Your outfit looks great."

"Thank you!" she smiled again. "So does yours. Love the shirt. Pink suits everyone, doesn't it?" she said as she sat down.

"You think so?" I chuckled.

"Yeah. But that's probably because I'm a big pink lover. I like how it can be an either powerful or delicate color, you know? I would have pink all around my house if I could, but... Even my love for it has its limits. It comes to a point where pink might hurt your eyes," she chuckled.

"Indeed it can," I looked at her and smiled.

"So, are we going in together?"

"Not sure," I replied, "but I believe so. Excited?"

"And nervous. Have you been here before?"

"Once," I nodded. "The food is delicious."

"It must be. Do you know if Wendy has cooks?"

"Oh, she cooks the breakfast herself, only we and the audience don't see it," I told her and smiled. "The staff are probably setting the table by now and Wendy must be finishing the food."

"She must work really hard then..." Tiffany said carefully, showing a bit of concern. 

"That she must. I got up at 5AM just to get here in time, imagine at what time she probably had to get up to prepare everything."

"Yeah, me too. But her show is a weekly one, I believe she takes the rest of the week to get a good rest."

"Mhm," I nodded. It took me a couple of minutes to speak again. "Don't you think it's a little funny?"

"What?" Tiffany looked at me.

"Not even the name of the movie has been released yet and we're already being invited to TV shows to talk about it. I mean, it's pretty obvious that we are here to talk about the movie especially. And people are already making a big deal out of it even though all they've got is a promotional picture that, let's be honest, doesn't really say anything at all about the plot or whatever."

"Yeah... Yeah, it's curious. But isn't that a good thing? I mean, doesn't it mean people are already looking forward to it?"

"Perhaps," I said. "By the way, did Martin tell you anything about what we can or can not say?"

"No. I haven't spoken to him since Monday. In fact, I don't even know if he's aware we're here."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Really? That's not really like him... But, well, it's not like we can't handle a few questions, right? I mean, all this secrecy about the plot makes me a little anxious... I have never felt comfortable enough during interviews and having to watch closely what I say like now really drives me crazy, but... At least I have you to help me, you're a good speaker," I chuckled.

"Right," Tiffany chuckled with me.

"Hey," he heard a manly voice speak and instantly turned our faces to the door, "you two. Two minutes."

"Oh. Right. Are we supposed to go in together?" I asked.

"Up to you," the guys shrugged and left the room, closing the door.

Me and Tiffany quickly got up to tidy our outfits and exactly two minutes after that staff guy had left us, we heard our names being called and stepped into the show's setting. As soon as we did so, we could heard the fans screaming for us. Both of us chuckled and waved to them as we made our way towards Wendy, who was standing right in front of her white armchair that was placed opposite to two others around the big coffee table with a great amount good-looking food on it. We greeted Wendy and sat down. I crossed my legs.

"Well, welcome ladies, it's a pleasure to have you two here!" Wendy said and the audience applauded. "So, everyone's been talking about how Taeyeon Kim and Tiffany Hwang are going to make a movie together. Tiffany, Taeyeon's been here before, but it's your first time here. I want to know if you're as excited as I am, because I've been wanting to know you for some time now. You're even more beautiful in person!"

I discreetly watched Tiffany as she giggled shyly.

"Thank you," she smiled to Wendy. "And yeah it's my first time here and of course I'm excited!"

"And you, Taeyeon?" Wendy turned to me. "It's not your first time, right? You are probably very used to all these Hollywood cliché things by now."

I chuckled. "It's not my first time here, but it's not like there's nothing new to me. I came here years ago, your setting is different. Very pretty, by the way. But it's my first time being interviewed with a workmate," I smiled and mouthed a 'thank you' afterwards to the guy that brought me and Tiffany two glasses of orange juice.

"Oh, wait wait wait. Fifteen years of career and you've always been interviewed alone only?" Wendy asked me.

"Judge me by my roles, I've always ben independent," I chuckled and took a sip of the delicious orange juice. I could hear Wendy, Tiffany and the audience chuckling with me.

"What about you, Tiffany? Is this your first interview with a movie partner too?"

"Oh, actually, no," Tiffany smiled politely. "I was interviewed with Chad before. Chad Mills."

"Oh, Chad. He was in the spy movie with you, right? Breaking Into, right?" Wendy asked.

Tiffany chuckled and nodded. "Right."

"Talk about that guy, Tiffany. Even though it was your first big movie in Hollywood, during the filming, there were rumors about a supposed romantic relationship between you and Chad. Were those true?"

I frowned slightly. Chad Mills and Tiffany? No way. He was no guy for her. I had heard absurds about how he liked to go out and drink his off, not to mention the good amount of times he had been seen cheating on his girlfriend being caught on strip clubs. Fact that, I don't know why, Hollywood liked to ignore.

Not that I cared about who Tiffany dated or dates.

"Not true whatsoever," Tiffany smiled a little. "Chad was a... Nice partner to work with, but that's all. Nothing ever happened between us. Funny how people like to pair celebrities together, right?" se chuckled.

"I see. And you, Taeyeon?" Wendy turned to me again. "As far as we know you dated Brandon Collins, however you've never been caught on a date, not with him nor with anyone else."

Oh, goodness. After months. Brandon again.

"I... Did," I said as I smiled politely. "But no, I've never been caught. thankfully. Brandon was... Was something like, just in the heat of the moment, you know? Aside from what happened with him, I've never been really interested in dating. I never really cared about it. I've always felt happy enough with my passion for my work, I'm, um... Still waiting for someone that makes me feel the same passion for them as I feel for my work to show up," I said, though I hated how I had to lie about it.

"Ms. Hollywood is a sort of workaholic, you know. Married to her work, completely unromantic. I think she should try some chick-flicks for a change, maybe she opens up her heart for love," Tiffany said as she took a bite of a small chocolate croissant and chuckled, making the audience, Wendy and myself laugh too.

"Just because I don't like chick-flicks it doesn't mean I'm unromantic!" I argued.

"Well, that's another topic to discuss I see," Wendy took note. "You both choose very different roles to play, don't you? While one of you chooses those powerful, fierce, fiery, sensual roles, the other often prefers more... Relatable, feminine roles. How come the two of you got in the same movie?"

I looked at Tiffany, hoping she would understand that I'd rather not take the lead of that answer, and she looked back at me before starting to speak.

"Well, uh... You see, it's a very different movie for the both of us. We got really interested in the plot and... We saw it as a great chance to broaden our capacity as actresses and to do something really different, new and... I think I would say especially unique. It's quite unique," Tiffany responded and smiled gently, I just nodded all along her speech.

"You spoke very well of the plot. Do you two like it that much?"

"I do, I like it. I think it's very pretty," Tiffany said.

"I like it too," I nodded. "It's a big change for me, though. But I'm excited, curious about how it will turn out, too."

"So, Leah," Wendy pointed at me before pointing at Tiffany, "and Ella, right?" 

We nodded. "Yeah, that's right," we said.

"I talked to your director, Martin Cox, and he personally chose an exclusive on-set picture to give me. Shall we see it?" Wendy said as the three of us turned our attention to the big television that was behind us. The audience started to cheer and we realized it was a picture of us filming that first scene of Leah and Ella together, hugging each other on the backyard. I looked at Tiffany, taken aback.

"Oh... Right," Tiffany said. I just remained quiet.

"So, we all know now that it's definitely not a spy or kicking- movie. We couldn't tell much from the promotion picture that was released, but with this one I think we can at least suppose. And people seem to be pretty excited about it. What can you girls tell us about the movie, then?" Wendy asked as the audience kept cheering. We chuckled embarrassedly.

"Uh... The movie is obviously about Leah and Ella," Tiffany said as she nodded, "they are best friends who were unwillingly separated when they were young, but years later they meet again and... The story is basically about how they feel about each other, about what happened and how a friendship might grow and develop, how things can or can not turn out."

"I see... But why all the secrecy? I watched Taeyeon on her latest interview with Betty and she said she couldn't reveal much about the movie. Cox says the same thing, not even the name of the movie has been revealed yet and now you're almost talking in riddles. Is there something you two have been hiding from us?" Wendy questioned.

"We just want it to be a big surprise, that's all. Because it's something that seems to be already very expected and cherished, we want it to be surprising, so I'm sure Mr. Cox and the producers will choose the right time to reveal whatever it needs to be revealed. We're still working hard, precisely defining the script and pouring every inch of our hearts and souls into this, so we believe being patient will pay off for everyone in the end," Tiffany said and smiled kindly. 

After that, we kept having our breakfast calmly as Wendy asked us about casual and comfortable things to discuss about, like music, fashion and other things regarding our work and life as actresses. The tension of having to talk about the plot with someone that could be so prying like Wendy had gone away, and I actually managed to have a good time. I interacted a lot of Tiffany and we had fun, so it was okay. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

POV — Tiffany

When we were done with the recording, which was something like an hour later, me and Taeyeon left the studio together, side by side. When we had just left it, we suddenly heard lots of screams and consequently, fans tried to run to pounce on us. I instinctively grabbed Taeyeon's arm and she placed her hand on my back, guiding me in a 'don't worry' way, that actually made me feel better. I thought I could never get used to fan harassment, however. Luckily, there were bodyguards there, so we could manage to walk to our parked vans peacefully.

We said goodbye after that and I entered the van. Sunny was already waiting for me there, but she was busy talking on the phone. I sat down and grabbed mine, unlocking it, ready to check my twitter. And I couldn't help but smirk and chuckle as I read the mentions I was receiving and the fans' tweets regarding the just-aired interview.

 

"OHMYMGOD DID EVERYONE SEE THAT #TAENY"

"so is #taeny the official name for the taeyeon kim and tiffany hwang pairing?"

"I'm going to die when this movie comes out, I can tell #taeny"

"they are too perfect and cute! #taeny"

"@TiffanyHS i don't know what you and taeyeon kim are up to but yes please"

"the hell was wendy thinkin when she mentioned brandon and chad? take a look at what's being born right in front of u woman #taeny"

"it's the first interaction of theirs i see but i'm already obsessed with... taeny? #taeny"

​"@TiffanyHS um hi you didn't date chad but if you want to date taeyeon please do it #taeny"

 

"TaeNy, huh?" I muttered to myself as I chuckled again and blocked my phone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello! How's everyone doing? ^-^ Thank you for your support on the previous chapter, I hope you like this one a lot too. I will try to update once a week now. I have good plans for the story and I have to say I'm keen to write it because I want to get to the "what happens after the movie is released" part as soon as possible, that's where most of my ideas are concentrated. I promise you a lot of fun when we get to that part. Are you ready to know about the script modifications on the next chapter? What do you think it is? How will Taeyeon and Tiffany react? Hahaha. Enjoy, and don't forget to comment. =]