Meet Your Partner

In Real Life

POV ㅡ Taeyeon

My Friday afternoon and night went by in a blink of an eye, once I slept during most of it and kept a busy mind whenever I woke up, thinking about my upcoming meeting on Monday.

It was Saturday, next day, when I heard Sooyoung's car's horn in front of my house, telling me she was arriving. I didn't move from my bed, although it was already almst 2PM. She had a copy of the remote control and keys, I didn't need to get up. It didn't take long for her to appear in my bedroom's door.

"Lazy day, huh?" She smiled "Let me join. I just ate a huge meal, and there's nothing better than lying on a big and fluffy bed like this after a good huge mean," she said as she threw herself on my bed beside me.

I just chuckled.

"Welcome," I said "I assume you're here for the script."

"Yeap," she agreed "But I'm too lazy to read it. I can see it is too thick," she pointed out to the script on my nightstand. "Can you tell me the plot?"

"Well..." I began, as I rested my head on a pillow and looked at Sooyoung beside me, lying on her stomach "The story is about these two friends, Leah and Ella, who grow up together but get separated at one point of their lives. Ella moves out of the country, but comes back years later. And when she comes back, she meets Leah again and they..." I made a small pause.

"And they...?" Sooyoung looked at me curiously.

I pressed my lips together before speaking, "And they fall in love with each other."

Sooyoung's jaw dropped.

"I mean they don't actually fall in love like that... In fact, they've always been in love with each other, but they got separated when they were too young, so they didn't have the chance to develop and mature this feeling better... So now that they are adults it is growing on them, and the movie revolves around this experience, it shows how they discovered their love for each other, how they brought back something that has always been with them but that has never been discussed or shown," I nodded lightly as I said.

Sooyoung kept staring at me, blinking a few times, still wide open.

"Come on! Aren't you going to say anything?" I frowned.

"Sorry, sorry," Sooyoung said as she changed her position and sat beside me "Well, I think it is good. Really. It is good. It is a pretty plot, seems interesting. But I suppose it is something like a romantic comedy? It is not the kind of movie I picture you filming. But I know you will do well."

"Yeah," I started as I grabbed a glass of water I had left on my nightstand last night "I wouldn't picture myself in this kind of movie either, but..." I took a sip of the water "I don't know. It's is good to vary. Specially in this business. People get to see other sides of you... I don't know how this is going to turn out, Soo, but I have a good feeling about it, something tells me that I have to do it." I looked at her before continuing, "And it is indeed really different from everything I've done before, I want to try this. I got really excited when I read the script and also after when I talked to Mr. Cox."

Sooyoung nodded. "I see," she said and bit her lower lip. "But, say, did you get excited because the plot is something new to your career or because you're obviously going to kiss Tiffany Hwang's lips?" 

"WHAT THE-" 

"I heard that one of her past partners said her lips were the sweetest he had ever kissed," she interrupted me before I could say 'hell are you talking about, Sooyoung?'.

"SHUT UP! I do not want to kiss her," I said as I sipped my water once again before putting it back on the nightstand "I only got excited for professional reasons, exactly because it is going to be entirely new to my career."

"But you will have to kiss her."

"What if I won't?"

"You will, come on," she frowned. "Have you ever seen a love story or a romantic movie without a kiss?"

I just stood there looking at her. ing thank you Sooyoung. You know how sensitive I am when it comes to on-screen physical contact. The idea of it ingrains in my mind. Now I will only keep in mind that I have to kiss her. Thank you very ing much.

 

 

The rest of the weekend went by pretty quickly. On Monday, I woke up at 7AM. I knew I still had some minutes in bed, but I wasn't sleepy anymore, so I was just lying there with a million thoughts running through my mind. I was looking forward to meeting Tiffany, but I was also nervous because some freaking real life broomstick that I kindly call Sooyoung decided to plant in my mind that I have to kiss her. I mean, okay, if I have to kiss Tiffany, I will kiss Tiffany. I'm an actress, afterwall. They're paying me for that. But, the thing is... Kissing a girl? I've never thought about kissing a girl. To be honest, I've never even thought about dating. At all. I've never had a real, steady relationship ㅡ which is kind of weird  for someone of my age, but I don't care. However, I've alredy kissed so many different men because of my profession... I was used to kissing men, I believe I'm a straight woman, only I'm not interested in dating. That's probably because I love my job way too much to share its space in my heart with some random man. And also, let's be honest here: If having a boyfriend is having to deal with something or someone like Brandon, I'd rather die single.

I chuckled with my own thought. It didn't take me any longer to get up from the bed. As I did so, I grabbed my phone and texted Sooyoung saying she could be here in 40 minutes or something. After that, I made my way to the bathroom and started to get ready. Today was going to be an interesting day.

 


 

POV ㅡ Tiffany

I woke up on Monday at 6:30AM. I had set my alarm to 7AM, but I suddenly woke up and couldn't sleep anymore, so I just stayed in bed until I thought I should really strat to get dressed. I called Sunny, she said she would pick me up at 8 o'clock sharp, so that we wouldn't take the risk of getting late. I was dead nervous, but also excited. But maybe more nervous? I couldn't stop thinking about with whom I would be acting. Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon. She is like, the top actress... What if something goes wrong? I mean, yeah, I can do it. I can do it, I know that. But what if... What if she doesn't like me? What if she thinks I'm too plain or what if she acts nonchalantly towards me or something?

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the bad thoughts. I had to follow Sunny's advice: Use my good self-confidence. I was going to slamdunk everyone's expectations, yes. I had to think like that. I would do great during the filming and Taeyeon would become a friend of mine, everything was going to be fine and the filming will run smoothly for the next months. I would keep these thoughts in mind now. 

 

As expected, Sunny stopped by at 8AM sharp. She has always been very punctual, that was great for her and for me, professionally-wise. I grabbed my purse and came out of the house, closing and locking the door behind me. As I walked to her car, I felt the gentle breeze of the morning. I was dressed in a simple tight black dress and white blazer ㅡ although I knew I would have to take it off because today's weather would probably be very warm. Of course, even though it was almost in its end, what could I expect from the summer in Los Angeles?

"Hi," Sunny smiled greeted me as I entered the car "Good morning, Tiff. Excited?"

"Good morning, Sunny," I replied and smiled back at her. "Excited, but very nervous."

"Don't worry, I'm sure everything's going to be fine," she said and nodded. "Fasten your seatbelt."

I chuckled as I heard she saying that before starting the car. "I thought your obsession with seatbelts was over?"

"It is not an obsession. It's precaution. Do it!"

I laughed again and did as she told me so. Being with Sunny was always great, I couldn't be more happy that I found such an amazing friend in someone that was supposed to be only nothing more than my workmate. I felt like all my worries and my tension would go away during the ride. I would meet Mr. Fox and Taeyeon with a really light mind. Thank you, SunBunny.

 


 

POV ㅡ Taeyeon

I lazily got up from the couch when Sooyoung texted me saying she was already in front of my house. I took advantage and looked at the time, it was 7:40AM. We would be early, but that doesn't matter. Being early is better than being late. 

I'm not very fond of wearing and carrying purses, so I just grabbed my phone and my wallet and put them in my pockets. That's what I normally do. I only wear purses in special occasions, I guess. That's why I almost always wear jeans. Just like I am now: wearing jeans and a simple white shirt ㅡ and sneakers. I made my way out my house and to the van Sooyoung and our driver were in. I entered it and found a hungry Sooyoung devouring some donuts.

"There she is!" She started, spitting little pieces of donuts as she talked with her full mouth "Our little I-am-going-to-kiss-Tiffany-Hwang's-lips-in-a-couple-of-months-or-less girl. How do you feel today?"

"Would you stop the kissing Tiffany topic?" I facepalmed myself. "I thought we had gotten over it already."

"Nope," she said as she stuffed another giant piece of donut in "I'll keep teasing you about it until you actually kiss her. Then I will tease you about actually kissing her."

"Stupid. Anyway, we're early, aren't we? Can you please stop by a drive-in or something and get me something to eat? I have nothing to eat at home because I forgot to ask someone to go grocery shopping for me... So I didn't have my breakfast. And I won't ask you for one of those donuts because I know you don't share food," I rolled my eyes.

"Good you know. Hey, Anthony!" She tapped our driver's seat "Do you remember that drive-in 24-hour cafeteria we've been to once?" She asked the question to which the man just nodded "Take us there," she continued "Taeng needs to feed herself."

He agreed and I just smiled at him as a way of thanking him. I remembered that cafeteria, too. Gladly, we wouldn't need to change our direction. 

 

I got my breakfast and we arrived at the location at 8:35AM. It was a studio, I should've imagined. As we entered it, we found a lot of people already working on it: assembling this, disassembling that. We were probably where a good amount of scenes would be filmed. Sooyoung asked someone about Mr. Cox, they said he went out just to buy some coffee and would be back at any minute. It didn't take more than 5 for us to see him entering the studio. I think he was a little shocked when he saw us.

"Lord!" He gasped, "If I knew you guys were already here... Why didn't no one tell me? I'm sorry I'm late."

"Don't worry," I smiled "You are not late. We are early, actually."

"Oh... If you say so, Ms. Kim," he smiled politely.

"Taeyeon. You can call me Taeyeon," I nodded. "This is Sooyoung, my manager. She talked to you on the phone."

"Hello, Ms. Choi. Nice to meet you," Mr. Cox said, to which Sooyoung responded with a polite smile and a small nod. 

We talked for some minutes about the studio, how the filming would happen and about how I liked the plot. The conversation was good, Mr. Cox- I mean, Martin ㅡ as he asked us to call him ㅡ was a great man, fun and easygoing. Definitely looked like a great director to work with, I'm sure he would do a great job with this movie. I actually searched a little about them on the internet, critics said he was one of the few directors that precisely followed the scripts. If his work came out as good as the script I read, then I have no doubts this movie would be amazing and, hopefully, something remarkable in my career.

Our conversation was interrupted when a member of the staff that was straightening up the studio came to Martin to say that more people had arrived. I turned a little to the entering of the studio and saw two women. One of them was strikingly pretty, I should say.

It was Tiffany. And I presumed the short and black-haired woman ㅡ and what a long hair, I shall say ㅡ beside her wearing a cap was her manager.

 


 

POV ㅡ Tiffany

Sunny held my arm as we entered the studio together. I was impressed ㅡ it was so huge! I had never worked in such a huge place before, I think. There were staff people everywhere, you could see they were really hard on whatever they were doing. Sunny also got suprised, and we both took some moments to look at everything we wanted to look. While Sun was still mesmerized by the production, my gaze met a small group of people ㅡ there were 3 people ㅡ not so far away. My vision from far is not that good, but I believed it couldn't be nobody else than Taeyeon and her managers?

One of the 3 people started to walk towards us. It was a man. Sunny discreetly whispered in my ear, saying it was Mr. Fox. I felt relieved as soon as I heard that.

"Ms. Hwang, my princess!" He came to me and gave me a hug. I smiled and chuckled after hearing the 'my princess' part.

"Good morning, Mr. Cox. Thank you for having us," I replied. Sunny just gave him a small nod and a quiet 'hello'.

"Martin. Call me Martin. It's good to see you here!"

"Then you call me Tiffany," I smiled. "It is good to be here too. I see... My partner has already arrived?" I raised an eyebrow and smiled awkwardly, trying to hide my nervousness that had now come back.

"Yes, yes she has. She was early, I was talking to her. I really think you two are going to make a great pair! Come on, let's go," he said as he kindly grabbed my arm and started to walk me towards Taeyeon and her manager. I looked at Sunny and she was calmly following after us. I gulped. This is it. Jesus take the ing wheel. 

"Taeyeon, Ms. Choi," Martin began "This is Tiffany and her manager, Ms. Sunny Lee. Tiffany, Ms. Lee, this is Taeyeon and her manager, Ms. Sooyoung Choi."

... Darn it.

"H-hello, Taeyeon," I smiled nervously and reached my hand out for her to shake it "It is nice to meet you."

 


 

POV ㅡ Taeyeon

Martin excused himself and started to walk towards Tiffany and the other girl. Then, he started to walk back to us, bringing Tiffany with him, the other girl following behind. As they got closer, I tried to carefully take a look at Tiffany. She was indeed a gorgeous woman. Much prettier than what I had seen in pictures. 

"Taeyeon, Ms. Choi," Martin started as soon as he got close to me and Sooyoung "This is Tiffany and her manager, Ms. Sunny Lee. Tiffany, Ms. Lee, this is Taeyeon and her manager, Ms. Sooyoung Choi."

"H-hello, Taeyeon," Tiffany said and reached out her hand. Do I sense nervousness in her voice? "It is nice to meet you."

"Hello, Tiffany," I smiled and gently held her hand, shaking it equally "It's nice too meet you too."

I think she felt a little better. She gave me another smile, this time a prettier one, it looked like as if she wasn't that nervous anymore, as if she saw I wasn't that intimidating. She had a warm and gentle expression now along with her smile ㅡ I think could get used to that.

"Why don't you girls take a walk and get the chance of knowing each other better?" Martin said as he put one of his hands on my shoulder and the other on Tiffany's "I have some things to discuss with your manager. Go, go." He tapped our shoulders and pushed us gently, making us chuckle a little. We didn't want to disobey the director. Tiffany took the first step and started to walk away and I followed her.

We walked in silence for a minute or two, until I decided to break the ice.

"So," I began, trying to think about something nice to say "How do you like the script?"

"Oh?" She turned to me when she heard my voice, smiling and lowering her face a little. I would lie if I said I didn't find that kind of cute. "I like it a lot. It's a pretty story... Smells like success, I guess," she chuckled.

"Yeah, I like it too," I nodded. "Do you think we can make it happen?

"I think we can," she smiled again. 

 


 

POV ㅡ Tiffany

Martin told me and Taeyeon to take a walk to get to know each other better. I didn't know what was that supposed to mean, but I started to walk away, however. I sensed Taeyeon following me behind. I think we walked in silence for 2 minutes or something. That silence was already making me uncomfortable, but I really didn't know what to say. I was relieved and happy when I heard her voice.

"So, how do you like the script?"

"Oh?" I turned my face to her and smiled, lowering my face afterwards to try to hide it. "I like it a lot. It's a pretty story... Smells like success, I guess." 

"Yeah, I like it too," She nodded. "Do you think we can make it happen?

I took a couple of seconds wondering if she had just asked me if I thought we could make a love story like that happen. But, in the end, I was honest with her.

"I think we can," I replied.

We kept on walking around the studio doing the small talk. We didn't really get to know each other that better ㅡ we just talked about work, getting up early, the types of coffees we liked and the weather. But I think it was a good beginning. We stopped walking when we heard Martin calling us. When we turned to our back, he was walking to us. Immediately, we were expecting him with small, polite smiles.

"Hey, ladies," he smiled just like us. "Everything is all right with your managers. Oh, and by the way, Taeyeon, your manager had to excuse herself. She said you need to take a look at your phone, she left you a text message," he said to Taeyeon. "I have to go now. You, Tiffany, talk to your manager later, okay?" he looked at me. "She has all the instructions."

 


 

POV ㅡ Taeyeon

Sooyoung had to excuse herself? What happened? Was she okay? I instantly got worried. I waited for Martin to go away and grabbed my phone. I saw Sooyoung's message ㅡ she said her sister got into a car accident and that she had to hurry to the hospital to see her. I hope she is okay. 

I sensed Tiffany's gaze on me.

"Is... Is everything okay?" she asked.

"My manager's sister got into a car accident. That's why she left."

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah, me too. I will call her," I started to tap my pockets "as soon as I get home and... Wha... Oh, crap."

Tiffany raised her eyebrows, giving me a questioning look.

"I don't have my keys. I left mine in my house, and she took her copy," I facepalmed myself. "And she is with our driver and our van."

"Does that mean you can't go home now?" she asked.

"I guess so," I sighed. "But that's okay, I think I will stay here and wait for her to come back."

"Um..." Tiffany hesitantly started "Since everything seems to be done here for now, Sunny's going to send me back home. You can... Stay there with me if you want to, and your manager can pick you up later. At least it is more comfortable."

 


 

POV ㅡ Tiffany

I watched as Taeyeon read the message she received from her manager. She looked worried, furrowing her eyebrows and almost frowning at her phone.

"Is... Is everything okay?" I dared to ask.

"My manager's sister got into a car accident. That's why she left."

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah, me too. I will call her as soon as I get home and... Wha... Oh, crap," she suddenly stopped. I just raised my eyebrows, wondering what happened now.

"I don't have my keys. I left mine in my house, and she took her copy. And she is with our driver and our van."

"Does that mean you can't go home now?"

"I guess so," she sighed. "But that's okay, I think I will stay here and wait for her to come back."

"Um..." should I say this? I will say it. "Since everything seems to be done here for now, Sunny's going to send me back home. You can... Stay there with me if you want to, and your manager can pick you up later. At least it is more comfortable."

Okay, I understand. We just met, we're still a little awkward with each other, but... I couldn't let her stay in this studio for God knows how many hours, could I? And besides, it would be a great opportunity to get to know each other better, as Martin said. I think.

"Oh... That would be good, thank you," she smiled. I wanted to sigh in relief ㅡit would have been really awkward if she said no ㅡ, but I contained it and just smiled back at her. 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here's your second chapter, everyone! (: I hope you like it. Please comment so I can write and post the 3rd chapter as soon as possible. I have all the ideas fresh in my mind. Thank you for your support so far! ^-^