Sixteen

Only One

I’m just glad we made up, Sungjong thinks happily as leaves a store the next day. Well, we weren’t exactly fighting in the first place. At such a thought, he frowns monetarily but then shakes it off, focusing instead on the events from last night. Good ones, this time.

They had talked about it last night and Myungsoo had told him firmly-he wasn’t disgusted by him, nor was he going to leave him. Maybe deep inside Sungjong had known that but for the other to be so adamant about it made it seem jut that much better. He’s so relieved that Myungsoo isn’t repulsed by him and maybe he’s not happy exactly, he’s definitely in a better mood then before. It just took a little time and the right moment for him to see it.

He sighs contently, completely oblivious to the fact something bad is about to come and shatter his fragile happiness.


“So are we clear then?” Sungyeol looks to each of the men in turn. “You know what to do?”

“Don’t worry, we got this,” Jungho reassures him, his smirk prominent on his face. “We will have it all done, no problem.” The four guys behind him nod, all for following their leader, no matter what the task is.

“Good.” Sungyeol crosses his arms, trying to ignore the slightly-guiltily feeling now developing inside his chest. He’s not doing this because of himself. He’s doing this for Sungjong.

Even as he continues to tell himself that, he knows deep inside, that it’s a lie.


“So you must be Kim Myungsoo,” comments Jungho, hands in his pockets as he slouches against the corner of the building. The so addressed man pauses and turns back, looking at Jungho with an indifferent expression.

“Do I know you?” he asks, eyeing the four men accompanying Jungho. He merely slouches away from the wall and throws an arm over Myungsoo’s shoulder who immediately shakes him off. Jungho raises an eyebrow.

“Not so nice, are we?’ He looks back at his minions. “No, I suppose you don’t know us. But we know about you.” He nods to two of his men and they casually push Myungsoo into the little ally between two buildings. Myungsoo doesn’t resist but he instantly stiffens up when he sees that he’s surrounded.

“What can I help you with, then?” His voice is polite but his muscles are tensed and coiled, not sure why men such as these want to associate themselves with him. He’s not a thug or anything, he’s a good citizen and does everything he is supposed to do. What do these guys want with him? They look very intimidating and strong, as their tight clothes make it hard not to notice their muscles.

“You are familiar with a young man named Lee Sungjong, am I correct?” Jungho watches a flicker of fear dance in Myungsoo’s eyes as he contemplates his answer.

At Jungho’s words, Myungsoo’s blood turns icy cold sloshing through his veins. What do they know about Sungjong? Do they know about…about him and Sungyeol? What do they want with him? He won’t let anyone touch Sungjong-especially people like them.

“I don’t see how that concerns you,” he answers coldly.

“Oh, but it does. You see, we’ve been…ah, recruited to give you a message.” Jungho leans closer to Myungsoo, making sure he will hear every word. “Stay away from Lee Sungjong or someone will get hurt.”

“Who would that someone be?” Myungsoo doesn’t break eye contact with the other, leveling his gaze on him. Even with his calm answers, he can feel fury blazing inside him-and even a little fear. To think that these people are threatening Sungjong is revolting. He doesn’t mind if they have a problem with him, but take it up with him-don’t drag others into it. Especially Sungjong.

“I take it you then know about his and Sungyeol’s…relationship?” Jungho watches the other sharply and sees the confirmation he needs in the other’s eyes. “I’m sure Sungyeol will do everything he can to make it less enjoyable for Sungjong.”

Myungsoo clenches his fists. He had seen the terrified look Sungjong had when he told him about Sungyeol and how he touches him but the fact that these men know and are taunting him with it, it makes his blood boil. Sungjong has already gone through so much and to think that it will hurt him even more…well, these guys better get out of here before things turn ugly. 

“Even though I’ve heard directly from Sungyeol how Sungjong is in bed.” Jungho measures his words carefully, enjoying the effect it is having on the photographer. His men are smirking as well at his reaction. Myungsoo’s fist tightens. “How he withers and screams at first but then soon gives up, knowing it’s inevitable. How he struggles so but can’t seem to get away. How he gets all hot and sweaty when-”

Myungsoo’s self control breaks. His fist comes up and slams into the side of Jungho’s face before he even realizes what he did. Jungho, not expecting it, staggers backwards a couple steps. He raises a hand to the side of his face and feels it becoming tender already. He looks at Myungsoo with a raised eyebrow as his minions flutter about nervously, waiting for orders.

“Don’t talk about Sungjong that way,” warns Myungsoo, trying to steady his shaking hand. He hadn’t meant to hit the other but he couldn’t stand them talking about Sungjong that way. Like he was an object. A toy. Did Sungjong know that Sungyeol had told others? Had Sungyeol…let others have their way with Sungjong that the younger didn’t tell him about? “If you even touch him, I’ll-”

“I don’t think you should be making threats here,” interrupts Jungho smoothly. “You see, all we have to do is get you out of the way. This is just making it more fun. Besides, how would you know what he’s like? Have you gotten under his clothes yet?”

Another punch comes but this time, Jungho stops his fist from meeting his face again and holds it with an iron grip. “Getting angry, are we?” They stare silently at each other, locked in a silent battle of wills.

“You know, he really is attractive,” comments Jungho dryly. “Do you think Sungyeol will let me have my way with him when he’s done?”

Myungsoo knifes his other hand into Jungho’s side. “Shut up!” Jungho winces and releases Myungsoo’s hand, nodding to his men this time. They start to come closer, looks of excitement present on all their faces.

“Don’t pretend like you don’t want him too,” one of them says, landing a hit on Myungsoo’s arm. “You have to admit, you’ve wanted to undress him at one time or another.”

“Shut up!” Myungsoo snaps, ducking under another’s arm and giving the one next to him an uppercut. He is seeing red in front of him-how dare they talk about Sungjong like that! How dare they! They have no right to. It’s making his blood fairly sing with anger as it rushes through him, making a buzzing sound in his ears. They don’t know what they’re talking about. They don’t know what he’s gone through or how deep it has affected him. And here they are, joking about it! He can barely stand the wave of anger sweeping through him.

Usually he doesn’t mind having his emotions all over the place, at least inside of him. He usually is one to hold his tongue. This time though, it’s different. He needs to protect Sungjong, if only from meaningless words. 

“I sometimes imagine my mouth all over him,” chimes in the tallest one as he avoids Myungsoo’s hand and delivers a blow to his cheek, causing the skin to split underneath. “That boy has some body.”

“Wouldn’t you agree to that?” asks Jungho, aiming a kick at Myungsoo’s leg. He kneels for a moment but rises and leans his head to one side to dodge the next punch coming to him.

Anger sizzles inside him. Everything they are saying has all blended together until he can’t distinguish one from another. All he cares about is making them shut up, every single one of them. In this little ally, where no one is making any move to stop him, he fights ruthlessly, throwing punches every which way and getting blows in return. Until…

“Myungsoo hyung!” That voice brings him back as he looks up to see Sungjong standing there, mouth wide open and eyes scared and concerned. He takes a few steps closer, speeding up slightly when he sees blood trickle out of a cut next to Myungsoo’s left eye. “Are you alright?”

“Get out of here, Myungsoo,” he warns, seeing the others appraise Sungjong up and down with their eyes, smiling sickly. “Get out.”

“But-”

“Oh let him stay,” drawls Jungho, throwing his arm around Sungjong now. The younger stumbles slightly under his weight. “We were actually just talking about you, Sungjong.”

“H-how do you know me?” stammers Sungjong slightly, trying to shrug off Jungho’s hand but he won’t let him. He merely holds onto Sungjong tighter. Sungjong feels the fire spreading in his veins as Jungho won’t let go of him, the fear bubbling up in his chest.

“I’m a personal friend of Sungyeol,” says Jungho lazily. Sungjong stiffens, his breath starting to come in quick gasps. “He’s told me about you. I didn’t know how talented you were in bed. Are you willing to teach me some things?”

“Get off of him,” growls Myungsoo as Sungjong’s eyes widen and he struggles harder, fear now threading itself through him. What do these men know? How can they know about him and Sungyeol? He promised no one else would know! He promised…

“Mmm, I don’t know. If this little bit is making him sweat, imagine a night in bed with him.” Jungho uses his other hand to softly Sungjong’s cheek. He flinches away from him, starting to tremble.

“D-don’t touch m-me,” he whispers, finally succeeding in shoving Jungho away. He can feel memories from other nights, nights with Sungyeol, coming back to him, starting to blend in with what’s happening in front of him now.

“Maybe we should just leave it to you two,” one of the others suggests, meaning leaving Myungsoo and Jungho to duke it out. “We can deal with Sungjong.”

“You’ll do no such thing,” protests Myungsoo but can only watch as two of the other men each grab one of Sungjong’s arm, making his breath quickens as he realizes where this is going. He feels himself getting lightheaded at the mere touch and where this might lead to.

“Come on, kid. We’ll take care of you,” promises the tallest one. Seeing Myungsoo is distracted, Jungho spots an opening and lunges, catching Myungsoo right in the gut. He doubles over, the pain making all the breath leave him and he gasps in air.

“Myungsoo hyung!” Sungjong struggles against the two men even as they try to drag him away. He kicks out against them and tries to wrench his arms away but to avail as they both have a firm grasp on his arms. “Hyung!”

But Myungsoo is still struggling to pull in a breath and can’t answer, only gasps loudly in response. He’s never really been involved in a fight before and as strong as he may be, he knows he has no chance against Jungho, an experienced fighter.

But the fact that it’s all because of Sungjong that he’s into this, it makes it that much harder for him to understand it. He needs to get up, he needs to get out of here, he needs to get Sungjong as far away as possible before they do something to him. Anything else happening to him is… unbearable.

“Let go!” Sungjong uses all his strength to get the two men off of him but it’s not working. They are so much stronger than him and keep his arms in a tight grip. “Let go!”

“Don’t you worry, we’ll make sure you’re treated well,” one says oily. Sungjong starts to tremble even more at his tone of voice and what it is implying. Does he have to be soiled more?

“No…Myungsoo hyung…n-no! Let go!” Sungjong fights against them desperately as Jungho takes another swing at Sosuke, who dodges it but fails to avoid the next blow that sends him sprawling to the ally floor. “Hyung! Let go!”

Why is no one stopping this? Can’t everyone see it? Do they even care that people’s lives are in danger right in front of them?

Apparently not. People keep walking by the ally, not even sparing a glance to the occupants. This is destroying his faith in humanity. He thought humans were good creatures-even after all he’s been through-but he’s wrong. People only care about themselves. They couldn’t care less if things are shattering in front of them, as long as they come out okay.

Myungsoo staggers to his feet, a bloodied scrape showing through his torn pants. But he only smirks as he regains his footing, still feeling anger trickle throughout him but also an odd sense of pleasure at the sight of Jungho before him.

He’s ready to fight. He feels adrenaline surging through his veins, filling him with a sort of high. He feels alive, more so then before. This fight is exciting, making so many other things fade away.

Sungjong watches as a slight smirk starts to form on his hyung’s face. “Myungsoo hyung?” The so addressed man doesn’t answer him and delivers a blow back to Jungho who had just raised his fist. Sungjong feels his arms go slack as Myungsoo continues to fight, with each hit destroying a little part of him.

This isn’t the Myungsoo he knows. There’s something…different about him. Foreign. And it’s scaring him.

“Myungsoo hyung?” He tries again, barely noticing Jungho’s minions have ceased their efforts to drag him away but continue to hold onto his arms. It’s probably a good thing because he can’t seem to keep himself steady as the two continue to scuffle, the sound of skin hitting skin loud in his ears.

Myungsoo looks up, his grin fading away as he sees Sungjong’s face fall. He looks down at his hands to see blood on them, hears Jungho groaning and looks back up at Sungjong, seeing his horrified face. He quickly comes down from whatever high he had and sees the damage that has been done. He’s scared…of him. Of Myungsoo. He’s scaring Sungjong.

Suddenly all the fight leaks out of him and he is left deflated. The fact that he is scaring Sungjong is much worse them the fact Jungho is gearing up for another punch. How could he have done that? What had gotten into him?

“Let’s go,” the taller one says and gently pulls Sungjong away from the scene, the younger making no move to stop him. He’s not sure he could even if he wanted to. He only stares at Myungsoo, dumbfounded and confused and a little sad.

What happened to him? Myungsoo…his Myungsoo…how could he have done that? He feels himself being led away but can only struggle half-heartedly, his thoughts still on his hyung.

Sungyeol looks into the ally, staying on the corner of it so as not to be seen. When he had first seen them start to forcibly drag Sungjong away, he had rushed over, preparing to tell them that was not what he had wanted. He had never expected for the younger to see this, it was a mere coincidence he had. But he thought they would no better than to mess with him. Had he not made himself clear enough?

But he knew well enough that they would take good care of him. And if not, then they wouldn’t be getting paid. They would not leave this without being bruised.

He peers into the ally, seeing Jungho walking away, rubbing his shoulder. His clothes are dirtied slightly and have a few rips in them. He exits out the back way of the ally, leaving behind Myungsoo on the ground.

Sungyeol looks on, feeling a little sad for the other as Myungsoo rolls over on his back, gasping for air. He has cuts all over his face and his clothes are rumpled and dirty. Every little more he does makes him wince.

Sungyeol watches silently, feeling guilt flood him. He had never really wanted to hurt Myungsoo too much, just enough so he would leave him and Sungjong alone but it doesn’t look like that will be happening anytime soon. Since Sungjong saw…how will he explain this?

Before he can change his mind, he quickly makes his way to Myungsoo’s side and leans down. “Myungsoo-ssi?” Guilt consumes him even more as he sees the pitiful sight.

He gets a small groan in response and thanks the heavens that Myungsoo has his eyes closed. He feels an urge to help the other, seeing him lying so pathetically. But then the thought of him and Sungjong together penetrates his mind. That this man is getting closer to Sungjong and could steal him away, could take him away from him.

Sniffing, he straightens himself and walks out of the ally, turning his back on Myungsoo.


A/N: So sorry it's been awhile. This chapter is longer than others as an apology :) So it seems Sungyeol is feeling some remorse and picking up on the other two's feelings before they do. Could that be a good or a bad thing? Leave a comment with your thoughts please and thank you and as always, until next time darlings!