One

Only One

He remembers locking eyes with him across the room. Everything else seemed to fade and it was only him in his line of sight.

He remembers how it was hard to breathe, as if his breath had frozen inside his lungs at the mere sight of him. That man had been beautiful.

He remembers his heart beating faster and faster, throbbing harshly against his ribs, almost as if it’s trying to reach the man in front of him.

But that was it. There’s nothing else.

He remembers Sungyeol pulling him away, causing them to break eye contact. To his disappointment, he hadn’t seen this man since.

But he was starting research now.

Knowing only his name from the posters that had decorated the room, he types the characters into the search engine- Kim Myungsoo. A long list appears before him. Some newspaper articles, some magazine interviews and other assorted clips. He clicks on the first one, a web page that looks promising.

The picture is the first thing that catches his eye. His breath gets caught in his throat. He looks so, so normal. It’s the very same man he had seen a few nights before. The picture had somehow managed to capture everything perfectly-the glint in his eyes, the curve of his mouth, the wave of his hair. It is all there, staring him right in the face.

It’s wonderful, actually. Wonderful and beautiful.

“Sungjong?” Sungyeol calls from the other room. Sungjong flinches, knowing what he wants. He can picture the other man in exactly the same position that he is in almost every other day. Lounging on his bed, arms behind his head with a slight smile playing on his lips, dark hair flowing loose around his face. He can’t wait to get started-he enjoys it more than Sungjong ever will.

But he got himself into it. It’s his own fault, really. Now he has to pay the consequences.

Dreading what’s going to come next, Sungjong rises from his chair, closing the tabs on his laptop. The face of Kim Myungsoo disappears before his eyes, replacing it with the blankness of the desktop background.

Blank. The face he has to make many more times in the upcoming night. He has to keep his face blank and emotionless because that’s the only thing getting him through it.

He starts to his shirt as he leaves the room, knowing Sungyeol hates fiddling with the buttons himself. It irritates him. And maybe by doing this, it will make this time a little shorter.

He hopes.


AN: Yes I know it's short but this is more of a prologue than anything else. I hope you enjoyed and thanks to those that have already subscribed and commented, I really appreciate it.