Chapter 8 – I Hate You/I’m Sorry

Student Teacher

Mark was sitting on floor of a practice room. It had been a couple hours since they went to the restaurant, hours since the rest of the group found out about Eunji and YoungJae, since Mark had ran out of the restaurant. Mark had been in the practice room ever since, motionless with his knees pressed up against his chest. He needed time to think. ‘Why am I acting this way? I already knew from the beginning that she was with him. She could never be mine to begin with,’ Mark was contemplating his actions. He was so deep into thought that he didn’t hear Eunji entering.

“You know Mark, if you want to run away, you should really try going somewhere no one would find you” Eunji said taking a seat beside him.

“…”

“Mark, I’ve told you before didn’t I? If there’s something wro-“

“You don’t seem to get it do you?” Mark interrupted.

“What?” Eunji asked with confusion.

“You really don’t understand,” Eunji only looked at him with more confusion.

“Yah! Jung Eunji, I really hate you.” Mark muttered.

“Huh?” Eunji replied with shock.

“I said, I hate you!” He said standing up with anger.

“Did I do something wrong?”

“I hate you! I hate it when you smile! I hate your laugh! I hate when you always leave! I hate that you only see me as a student! I hate when you laugh around other guys! I hate it when you flip your hair! I hate your eyes when you smile! I HATE IT ALL!!” Mark yelled out.

“Mark, what are you saying?” Eunji said standing up slowly.

“I hate how you’re so dense! I hate whoe you’re with someone else! I hate how I can’t have you! I hate how every time I see you I fall for you even more! I hate how you are always breaking my heart!” Mark yelled out with tears dripping down his face.

“Mark, I didn’t know you felt this way….”

“Of course you didn’t! You’ve always been too occupied to notice! To notice my feelings for you! To notice that every time I see you leave me for youngjae my heart breaks! To notice that the girl I fell for was you! To notice I saw you more than as a teacher or noona!”

Eunji was shocked and surprised. She really had no idea that Mark had felt this way about her. She didn’t know how to respond. She really only saw Mark as a younger sibling at the most.  She felt a pang in her heart when he she saw the tears fall from his eyes, she really didn’t know what to do.

‘So it was my fault all along, hasn’t it been?’ Eunji thought. ‘I’m so sorry Mark’

Eunji took a step closer to the crying teen, “Mark, I’m sorry! I’m sorry I’ve made you feel this way, I’m sorry I broke your heart,” Mark looked at the ground.

“But most of all I’m sorry I can’t accept your feelings…..”

“I knew it would be like this…”

 

 

 

 

I know this chapter is shoter than usual, but i felt that it would be better if i seperated the original chapter eight into two parts!