Chapter 4 - Introductions

Student Teacher

It was already half way into the period after lunch and Mark still hadn’t returned and the rest of the group were getting nervous. Especially Junior. When he saw the text he started to panic till Jackson and JB finally convinced him to calm down. Oh boy was Mark going to get it when Junior gets his hands on him.

This didn’t go unnoticed by the teachers either. Mr. Nam was just too busy at the moment to do anything about it. Eunji was worried too, one of her students had run off on the first day. She remembered that Mark was one of the friends that Youngjae often mentioned so she quickly gave him a look to convey her message. Youngjae only shrugged back.

‘Think Eunji, if you were a teenage boy skipping class where the heck would you go?’ She was currently standing at the back of the class observing Mr.Nam teaching. ‘Aish!! This isn’t working!!!’ she ruffled her bangs and sighed.

Suddenly she thought of something.

“Mr. Nam, this school has some empty classrooms right?” she whispered to her co-teacher quietly.

“Yeah, the basement, why?”

Eunji ran out of the room to get a master key from the janitor making Mr. Nam Chuckle.

-

Mark was out of it. He had been sitting there and did move an inch since he entered. At this point he was sure that it was well into classes and that the teachers would be pissed. To be more honest he was more afraid of Junior than anything.

‘why do I feel this way, I’m seriously over reacting. I barely knew the girl anyways’

‘but why does it bother me so much though?’

‘Man up Mark! Youngjae has been your friend since forever. You have to support him no matter what he does! Even if it breaks your heart into a million pieces’

Mark was having a super long argument with himself. He knew this wasn’t right. To have a crush on a girl that her just met. To have a crush on a girl he hasn’t even spoken a word to. To have a crush on a girl that was 8 years older than him. To have a crush on a girl that was already taken. To have a crush on a girl that’s with his best friend.

‘What the hell is this? A Korean drama? It’s probably a simple crush that’s going to float over’

Every time he tried to reason with himself all he could remember was Eunji’s smile, or her voice, or her laugh.

‘This girl is seriously driving me crazy’ he ruffled his hair in frustration.

“so is there any specific reason you decided to skip class?” someone asked.

Mark looked up only to see a girl leaning up against the door frame. He started to panic when he say who it was.
 

“J-jung seongseang-nim” Mark stuttered, “how’s you find me?”

“Hey! I was a teenager once before you know! Anyways what’s your excuse?” She asked

Mark’s head was blank. You’d think that after so many years with Jackson he’s be able to think of something clever. All mark did was stare into the space in front of him.

“Mark you know that if there’s anything wrong you can tell me right?” She slowly made her way towards him.

Marked huffed “What would you care? You’re not even a teacher”

Eunji took a seat against the wall beside Mark. “Well I may not be a teacher but I’m definitely trying. And being a teacher means being there for my students”

Mark was lucky Eunji wasn’t looking at him, because at the moment he was redder than a tomato. He had regretted what he said earlier, but it just slipped out, but now Mark felt his heart speed up.

‘This girl really knows how to kill me’ he thought

“so Mark, if you’re having any problems you can tell me”

“Why should I trust you? I barley know you.”

Eunji chuckled “that’s true, how about we have a formal introduction then.

“Hi, My name is Jung Eunji, nice to meat you! I come from Busan and in my family I have my parents and my little brother, my birthday is August 18 and my blood type is B and my dream is to become a teacher!” she said slipping into her Busan accent.

Mark laughed at her cute accent and her directness.

“you know this is the first time I’ve ever had a teacher like you,” He took her hand and shook it “Hi my name is Mark Tuan and I’m Taiwanese but I was born in America. I have a brother and a sister, my birthday is September 4th and I’m blood type A.”

“really? your from America can you speak English?”

“Fluently”

Eunji suddenly switched languages and started to speak to Mark.

“Well I studied abroad for a while in America so I guess I can too” Eunji said fluently.

“Anyways mark, I never really caught your excuse for skipping class.”

“Usual teenage stuff that doesn’t concern you.”

“Hey! I thought we were friends here!”

Mark and Eunji both laughed

“I’m serious here Mark, it may be the first day, but I’m your teacher to anything that bothers my students involves me too.”

‘if only I could tell you’

“fine if you aren’t going to tell me, how about we cut a deal?” Mark looked at her curiously.

“I’m serious, if I tell you a secret about myself, then you tell me what’s wrong, deal?”

Mark nodded as a response.

Eunji looked straight forward “okay then… how about this? I’m not really twenty six.”

Marked stared at her with wide eyes, 'why would you lie about your age'

“Don’t look at me like that, it was kind of a given" and as if reading his mind she said "People tend to judge you more on your age than experience. Plus if i said my real age, no one would have taken me seriously" She smiled “Okay your turn now.”

Now he was really curious about her real age, could she be even older? Or maybe younger. But that didn’t matter at the moment, because it was his turn to do his part of this unfair deal.

“it’s nothing major, it’s just that I have a thing for a girl that I shouldn’t have and it’s killing me”

Eunji nodded “ahhh I see, you have a crush on your friend’s sister or something like that right?”

‘if only you knew” he thought while staring at the wall straight ahead.

She put her arm around him and patted his back.

“hey, it’s okay Mark, you’ll get over her in no time, just try your best to get your mind off of her”

‘if only you knew’

Suddenly Eunji’s phone vibrated. She looked at the message and frowned.

“Well Mark, I guess that’s it for today. I’ve got somewhere to go and you better head to class. You’ve got about 3 more periods till school ends” She said standing up. “and you might want to come up with a good excuse as to why you where skipping, not everyone is as generous as I am!”

Mark called out to Eunji before she left "Seongsengnim, if you aren't really 26, how old are you?"

Eunji smiled once again and replied "Well if you knew that, you wouldn't take me seriosly at all, now would you?"

She walked off and Mark stood up dusting of his clothes getting ready to head to class 'What a girl!' he thought.

 

 

Uber sorry about the late update! my computer is not co-operating with me and i kinda messed up my eye the other day..... so yeah... Anyways, due to having to leave the country in a little under a week i'm going to try my best to finish this story by then. anyways, how old do you think Eunji really is?