Chapter 5 - Who?

Student Teacher

Junior was furious. No he was beyond furious. He was enraged, boiling, raging. But most of all he was worried. He was practically the mom of the group so worrying was his job. It was the first day and Mark was already skipping class, and what made it worse was that it wasn’t with Jackson (usually Jackson liked to take Mark to the roof the period after lunch for a little nap). So you could imagine the look on his face and the emotion that coursed through his body when the little American decided to stroll into the class during the break before the next period started with a smile that made it look like he just won the lottery.

“WHERE THE HELL WHERE YOU!!” Junior yelled while smashing his hands onto the desk the second the older propped himself onto his seat.

This caused everyone to turn their attention to Junior and stare at him like he was crazy. Jaebum put his hand onto Junior’s shoulder to calm him down. He lowered himself back on to his seat and lowered his voice.

“Do you know how worried I was? How worried we all where? What if something had happened to you? You could have got caught in an accident and we all wouldn’t have known! You could have been kidnapped! You could have been killed! You could have been ra-“ Jaebum cut him off by putting his hand over Junior’s mouth.

“What he is trying to say is, where did you go during lunch and last period? We asked YoungJae but he said he hadn’t seen you,”

“Yeah bro, the teachers are letting it go this once cause it’s the first day but Jung-seongsengnim even went to get you” Jackson stated.

They all looked at Mark waiting for an answer only to notice that he wasn’t even paying attention to what they were taking about and looking hazily at the board with his head being held up by his hand. Junior, Jaebum and Jackson all looked at each other before turning back to Mark. Jackson knocked Mark’s hand from under his head in a swift motion sending Mark’s face directly into the desk.

“WHAT THE HECK DUDE!” he yelled out.

“You weren’t even paying any attention to what we were saying at all, where you?”

“errrrrrhhhmmm something about cars right?” Mark replied only to get a smack on the head from Jaebum.

“Where did you go, Mark?” Junior asked finally calmed down.

“He probably just felt sick, and went to the nurse’s office,” Jaebum replied for him.

“It’s not like he was slacking off with a girl, right Mark?” Jackson said.

Jackson nudged him jokingly “Right?”

Jackson was laughing only to be stop by Mark’s silence.

“Oh My Gosh” He said in English and Mark started to turn red “you didn’t”

Marked stayed silent and Jackson patted his back, with Junior and Jaebum stared at him in shock.

“My boy’s growing up!” Jackson said while fake crying into his arm.

“It’s not like that!” Mark replied urgently

“wow Mark, Congrats, and on the first day too,” Jaebum stated with his arms crossed.

“don’t misunderstand! I ju-“

“Mark, I know you’re at that age, but you should really give us a slight heads up first if you’re going to run off with a girl like that!” Junior said blushing at the thought.

“Tell me Mark, who is she? Was she hot? Is she in the same year or younger? What class? Do we know her?” Jackson asked with enthusiasm.

“I TOLD YOU! IT’S NOT LIKE THAT!” Mark yelled out of frustration.

All of their classmates looked at Mark like he was crazy and he sunk back into his desk

“Jeez dude, you could have just said so”

“So if you weren’t with a girl, then what where you doing?” Jaebum asked with a raised eyebrow.

“My stomach felt weird so I just went to the nurse’s office and on my way back to class I ran into someone and we started talking and lost track of time” He wasn’t technically a lie.

“Uh-huh, sure…….” Jackson said “He was so with a girl!”

Mark punched him in the shoulder “so what if I was?”

“I knew it!” Jackson said

“Who is she?” Jaebum asked

“That is none of your business”

“Speaking of Mark’s disappearance, has anyone seen Youngjae?” Junior asked

“Yeah, where did that guy go,” Mark said realizing he wasn’t there when he first entered.

“last I saw he was shooting texts from his phone then he left right when the last period ended” Jaebum said.

“I wonder if he was texting a girl,” Jackson asked.

“Now that I think about it, he was acting strange during lunch” Junior stated

“Oh yeah, and did you see his lunch, it definitely not made by his mom” Jaebum stated “Too many hearts”

Something in Mark froze up. He remembered that Eunji received a text in the middle of their talk which caused her to leave early. ‘was it Youngjae she was texting?’ Mark suddenly felt mad again at the thought but quickly dismissed it as a coincidence.

Well, until Youngjae entered the class room seconds later laughing alongside a certain student teacher.

‘this girl really knows how to lead me on’ Mark thought.

Mark’s anger raised once again until Eunji caught sight of him and winked at him immediately turning red. Jackson noticed this but quickly faced back to the front as Mr.Nam also entered the class room.  

-

“FINALLY!!” Jackson yelled out once exiting the school building.

“How was the first day?” Junior asked BamBam and Yugyeom

“Longest day of my life” Yugyeom stated while Bambam nodded in agreement.

“Well it only gets harder from here.” Youngjae said putting his arms around the two Maknaes.

“So as celebration for conquering the first day how about we head out for hot pot?” Jaebum offered up.

“why not?” Junior stated “you guys in?”

“Definitely” Jackson stated

“Sure” Bambam said while Yugyeom nodded

“ehhh why not?” Mark agreed

“How ‘bout you YoungJae?” Jaebum asked

“Actually guys, can I get a rain check on that? I kinda have some plans today” Youngjae said

“Well that’s a first” Jackson stated

“sure, more food for us then” Jaebum stated.

“Thanks guys! Next time I’ll pay! See you guys tomorrow!” Youngjae said running off in the opposite direction.

“Do you think he has a girlfriend?” Bambam asked

“he’s probably going on a date” Yugyeom said

“Who wants to follow him?” Jaebum asked

“Ehhhhh but I’m hungry!” Bambam whined.

“Don’t worry, we’ll just go see the person he’s meeting up with and then we’ll go eat” Jackson stated while Bambam pouted.

“We better hurry then” Yugyeom said shortly before running off after him.

-

By the time they found him, Youngjae had already changed into different clothing just standing on the side of the road with a wide smile on his face and something that seemed like a wrapped present in his hand, he kept passing back and forth with nervousness.

“well it’s safe to say that he’s going on a date”

“Yeah but with who?”

“She must be super important to make Youngjae this nervous, I mean look at his mands, you can see him sweating from here!”

“Sush! he might hear us!”

Soon after an expensive car pulled up next to Youngja making him stop in his tracks,

“Dang, she must be loaded” Jackson said, only to get another hit in the head!”

The girl exited from the car and made her way to youngjae. They greeted each other and youngjae pulled her into a tight hug. The boys were too far away to hear anything they were saying let alone see who the girl was. Mark couldn’t help but feel a little bit of familiarity towards the girl that Youngjae was with, it was at the tip of his tongue but he just couldn’t remember. Youngjae had given the girl the wrapped box and she smiled at him. The girl got into the driver’s seat and Youngjae into the passenger’s and they drove away leaving the boys hiding in the bush in awe.

“Youngjae-“

“He’s dating a girl-“

“An older girl-“

“A rich, older girl.”

The boys were in serious shock. They suspected he was dating someone, but they weren’t suspecting this.

“Wow, Youngjae really got himself a good girl” Jaebum stated being the first to snap out of it. The others could only nod In agreement.

Mark was still deep in thought, the girl seemed familiar. Where had he seen her before? Til it hit him. Her hair. Her smile. Her laugh. Her small figure. Youngjae's girlfriend. He remembered the the whole lunch scene. The girl driving away with his best friend was her. It was his crush. It was Jung Eunji.

 

 

 

 

 

ohhh snap! Youngjae's going out with Eunji! DUN DUN DUN!!!!!! did you remember to read the 4th chapter? cus i decided to update again today. Anyways, what do you think of youngjae and eunji? should Youngjae tell the others about their relationship? i know you guys are eager for more Mark and Eunji moments so i am going to post a chapter about them as soon as possible! (tomorrow hopefully) i got some ideas but i'm trying to figure out a way to use them without making the story feel rushed.

 

Anyways, Thank you all for subscribing and commenting! please look forward to the next chapter!