Chapter 2 – The New (Student) Teacher

Student Teacher

The teacher walked into the class, and introduced himself.

“Hello class~! I’m Mr. Nam and I will be your homeroom teacher for this year!” the teacher cracked a smile and all the girls started to squeal. “I hope that we can create a big happy family in your last year here!”

Boy where the girls in this class lucky.

Although they never noticed it, (let alone admitted it) but Mark, JB, Junior, Jackson, Youngjae, BamBam and Yugyeom were hella popular among the high school. They were all good looking, athletic, and they occupied 7 of the top spots on the honour roll (you know the list that ranks the students academically).

You could say they were the perfect group. It didn’t matter who the heck you’re ideal type was, there was always one person in the group that fit it.

Seriously. You could imagine the hate on the rest of the boys’ faces when they saw the group entering the class room. Well there goes my chance to get a girlfriend this year. They all thought.

Anyways…..

Mark couldn’t care less about all this. Well neither could the rest of the group, but what are gonna do?

He zoned everything out till he heard something that caught his attention.

“So guys this year is going to be a little different, due to various reasons someone new is going to be joining us.”

The class got riled up at the thought of a new student.

“and before you get to exited it is not a new student. In fact this year we are going to have a student teacher join the class. She’s new to this all so I hope you guys treat her well.”

All the students started to whisper about the new teacher.

The girls got excited at the thought of having an adult female to talk to their problems about.

The boys where just excited at the thought of a girl.

Jackson leaned over and whispered to Mark “I wonder what she’s going to be like”

Mark just shrugged as a reply, he really didn’t know because as far as he knew, Student teachers where rare and thus had no idea what to expect.

The whispers quieted down when the door slid open and a young brunette walked through the door. She turned to the class and bowed. “annyeonghaseyo, my name is Jung Eunji, please take care of me” she smiled and the class was silent

-

There wasn’t anything particularly special about Eunji when she walked into the class. She seemed like a simple girl. The class didn’t really think much of her. She walked in with her long brown hair in a ponytail and her bangs sweeped to the side. Didn’t wear anything flashy, black pants with a white dress shirt. Yup the class really didn’t think she was much till they saw her smile. They were all caught off guard at her smile and the class went silent.

-

Mr.Nam, not being able to read the atmosphere started talking. “well I know that we are all curious about her, so how about we have a little Q & A session, as long as Ms. Jung here agrees”

Eunji smiled and hands shot up in the air.

“seonsaeng-nim! Where are you from?”

“I was born in Busan but I was studying abroad in America till recently”

Mark suddenly felt a bit excited by this.

“Can you speak English”

“Fluently”

“Do you have any siblings”

“I have a younger brother”

“How old are you?”

Now that one caught everyone off guard. No one expected that to come out. The question earned the teen a wack on the head by Junior who was seated in front of him (can u guess who asked?) It seemed to be a bit rude, but truthfully everyone was curious, especially Mark.

‘why am I curious, it’s not like it’s going to matter to me’ Mark thought

Eunji hesitated for a second but replied “I’m twenty-six”

Everyone seemed slightly shocked. She didn’t look that old. They all naturally assumed she was in her early 20’s.

“Do you have a boyfriend?”

Again this caught everyone off guard. It was the same guy, who this time got a smack from Youngjaw.

Eunji chuckled and answered “No comment,”

-

“Well now that you all know quite a bit about me, how about you guys? Let’s have a self-introduction session now” Eunji said leaning against the front table.

All the students went one by one, announcing to the class their names, interests, hobbies and anything relevant. Everything was going fine till Youngjae, the last person in the class went.

Mark noticed something weird. When Youngjae stood up, he seemed more nervous than usual. He stumbled a bit with his words, which was really strange for him. Considering the fact he had sang in front of the school, this should have been a walk in the park. Mark shook it off and just figured it was because of the teachers, till he turned around and spotted Eunji winking at him. No one else noticed because they were too occupied by Youngjae’s introduction. Now that mark thought about it, something did seem strange about him. When Eunji entered Youngjae was un usually quiet. He didn’t ask any questions when usually it’d be him and Jackson annoying the heck out of anyone new.

Mark was now more curious than ever ‘what the heck is going on between him’ he felt a little bit irked by the fact that something weird was going on.

-

“So what do you think about the Student Teacher” JB asked his the rest of the group.

Due to it being the first day, the teachers had given them the rest of class off.

“She seems really nice” Junior replied

“She’s pretty too” Jackson replied, “but not my style”

“Like heck you would even have a chance with her!” Youngjae suddenly butted in.

“Woah dude calm! It’s not like I can even do that, she’s too old for it to be legal!” Jackson replied, “Plus she seems to be more of Mark’s style”

This earned both Mark and Jackson a glare from the younger.

“Speaking of age, she definitely doesn’t look her age, I seriously though she was 20 or something” Junior said.

“Well looks can be deceiving” Youngjae replied. “CRAP!”

“What?”

“I forgot my lunch today!” Youngjae cried out “And I didn’t even bring any money!”

Everyone just rolled their eyes and continued their conversation. Out of pure boredom, Mark looked around the room and his eyes landed on the student teacher talking with some female students. She looked up from her conversation and saw Mark looking at her and she smiled at him.

Although he doesn’t know why, but the moment he looked away, Mark’s heart beat started to beat faster.

 

 

 

So which idol do you think Mr.nam is? cus i'm probably thinking someone different that you guys. and who knows? if you comment below who you think Mr.Nam is and get it correct, i may send you a special PM containing an excert from the next chapter.