Chapter 6 - Opportunities

Student Teacher

The guys had agreed over dinner that they would wait for Youngjae to reveal his relationship to them instead of confronting him. It was his choice if he wanted to reveal his girlfriend or not. The thing that bewildered everyone was when they even started the relationship. There seemed to be no signs of Youngjae having a girlfriend before, truth be told, he was the guy that always complained about being lonely when all the others where dating. It was strange because when they saw the couple it seemed like they had known each other for the longest time.

Putting all that aside, the next few days where painful not only for Youngjae but for Mark as well. Despite the hyungs’ decision to wait for Youngjae to tell them, that didn’t mean that he wouldn’t get teased for it. Although never directly stated it was always heavily implied.

“Soo Youngie, did you have fun last night without us?” Jackson asked

YoungJae eyed him with confusion “Yeah, it was fine”

“did ya do anything interesting” Bambam asked

“Nooo, just met up with someone”

“Really? Anyone special you wanna tell us about?” Jaebum said with a sly smile

“Look guys, if this is about ditching you, I said I was sorry and I would pay next time!” Youngjae said.

“We’ll let you off this once” Yugyeom said entering his classroom with Bambam following.

“What the heck guys?” YoungJae said in confusion.

“Don’t worry about it, Youngjae-ah, they’ve all gone crazy” Junior placed his arm around his neck and led him of to class.

Mark, on the other had been more quiet than usual ever since he saw Youngjae yesterday. Every time one of the boys brought up something about Youngjae’s secret relationship, a little piece of him broke.

-

It was a normal Saturday, and ever since their first few years in middle school, a normal Saturday either meant slacking off or dancing their asses off in practice. During school, the boys all had different activities, Jaebum and Junior where part of the student council, Jackson was a fencing ace, Youngjae the lead of the choir, Bambam did soccer, Yugyeom did basketball and Mark did martial arts. One of the major things that kept the group from drifting apart all these years was their shared love for preforming. Most weekends they would spend together at a practice room practicing different songs just for the fun of it. After hours of practicing, the boys where finally allowed a break.

“It’s such a waste that so much talent is being cooped up in here”

The person who spoke up was none other than Jaebum’s older brother, the guy who lent them the practice room, and the guy who happened to be observing them for the last couple of hours.

“Well we can’t help it, it’d be too much work to be a trainee and a student at the same time” Jaebum said.

“Whaaa? There are so many people out there doing it. Why can’t you?” Jaebum’s brother retorted.

“And let’s be real hyung even if we all auditioned together, there’s no guarantee that we’d all pass, let alone form a group together” Jackson said as a follow up.

Jaebum’s brother sighed “You guys have been together since elementary and you have been practicing since middle, there’s no reason as to why they wouldn’t take all of you. And I know this sounds cheesy, but if it’s you guys, it can definitely happen.” And with that they boys all looked at each other unsuringly.

-

Currently it was a free period for Mark’s class. Jaebum and Junior decided to spend the time catching up on student council work, Jackson left to practice fencing for an upcoming tournament and YoungJae, and well he was just somewhere. Mark spent his time in his club room practicing martial arts. Usually he would be watching Jackson practice but he needed time to himself to think.

Mark had just finished some Martial Arts Tricking when someone who had been standing at the door commented.

“Wow. That was impressive” Mark looked up in surprise.

When he saw who it was, his expression softened “It’s my was to relieve stress and relax”

Eunji frowned and pushed herself off of the door frame and made her way to Mark “So I’m guessing you still haven’t gotten over your crush” Mark responded with silence.

“Hmm thought so, here catch!” Eunji chucked a bottle of vitamin water at mark. “You must be tired”

He opened the bottle and chugged the drink down then sat down.

“You wanna talk about it?” Eunji asked taking a seat next to him.

They sat in silence till Mark decided to speak up, “I really thought that it was a simple crush, and that if I ignored it my feelings would eventually go away...” Eunji only nodded.

“But when I saw that she had a boyfriend my whole world fell apart… I really hoped that they were just really close friends, but I saw some stuff I shouldn’t have and I broke down even more”

At this point Eunji had placed her arm around Mark in attempt to comfort him.

“I really tried to support them because it was my friend but every time they were mentioned…”

Mark didn’t have to continue for Eunji to understand his feelings.

“Mark, if that girl isn’t smart enough to realize how much you care for her then she isn’t worth your time.” Mark only stared at eunji mesmerized by her looks.

“I know I should tell you everything will be fine but truthfully first loves hurt. All that stuff that happens in dramas and books isn’t meant for the real world. Not everyone ends up with their first love. When you’re a teen, that person seems like everything, but truthfully they aren’t going to be the only one in your life.”

Mark could only chuckle and Eunji gave him a wack.

“Hey! Don’t laugh! I actually put some thought into that one!” Truthfully she was happy that he wasn’t gloomy.

“Sorry but hearing something like that coming from you just doesn’t seem right!”

“Hey just because I’m 20 doesn’t mean I don’t have any experience!”

“Ahhh so that’s how old you were” Eunji looked nervous and Mark chuckled again, “Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone”

Eunji let out a sigh and leaned up against the wall, taking her arm off of Mark. ‘Why is she so cute’ he thought.

“So you plan on spilling the rest?” Eunji asked and Mark only looked at her with confusion.

“Don’t look at me like that. I know there is more to this than a girl.”

“ahh well you see…”

Flash back~

The boys all looked at each other unsuringly and Jaebum’s brother sighed.

“Look hyung even if we wanted to, there aren’t any auditions we could attend” Junior said, but Jaebum’s brother, Yongha, smirked with a reply.

“I was hoping you would say that” Yongha left the room and returned quickly with a poster in hand “see, I knew a day like this would come, so I prepared something beforehand” He tossed the poster to Jaebum and he unrolled it.

“YG Annual Talent Competition?”

“Yup! Every year YG Entertainment has a talent competition where people like you could try to get signed with YG!  it’s an intense competition that gets aired all throughout Korea giving you guys some exposure, plus first prize is cash money as well as a contract!!”

“I’ve heard about this” Yugyeom said “I heard that the chances of getting into the primary rounds are slim”

 “See that’s where this awesome hyung comes in!” Yongha stated with a large smile on his face “I the great Yongha happened to have some connections and through extensive amounts of aegyo and persuasion, I have managed to secure a spot for a group act!”

The boys where happy at first but they quickly died down ad looked at each other, not sure what to do making YOngha sigh once again.

 “Look guys, this opportunity isn’t something that comes all the time. The deadline is in two weeks, so think it through” and with that Yongha left the room.

“ahhh so it’s like that!” Eunji stated

“Yeah, it’s had been a couple days since Jaebum’s brother had confronted us, we are all in a state of hesitation. We all are busy with our own stuff and we all need to start thinking about our futures…” Mark said looking down at his hands.

“Well you know what I think?” Eunji jumped up from her seat and stood in front of Mark.

“You guys should definitely do it!” Mark looked up at her “I know as a teacher that I`m sort of obligated to tell you some lame advice about how you should start thinking about serious thoughts for your future, but I seriously think that`s a load of bull crap. Jaebum`s brother is right, opportunities like this really don’t arise that often so go for it!”

“but-“

“Look Mark, I know that you guys need to be focusing on having a secure future, but you need to remember that you guys are still teens. And as I learned from experience, growing up too fast is never a good thing! I don’t want you guys to look back from the future and regret missing a chance like this. You also have to remember, this is your last year you could all be together.”

Mark’s eyes widened at her comment.

“Next year you are most likely to have joined different courses at different universities. No matter how close you are now, it’s impossible to stay that way during Univeristy. I want you guys to make the most memories you can and look back and be happy about all the stuff you were able to do instead of all the stuff you regretted not doing.”

Mark smiled at Eunji and stared at her smiling face.

“You know saem, you are really getting good at this whole teacher thing.” Eunji smiled and sat down next to him once again

Mark frowned right after and rested his head and arms on his knees “Hay saem,”

“Hmm?”

“Are there anything you regret not doing?”

“Honestly there’s a lot”

“I see”

“But there is also a lot of things I’m happy I did do for example, coming back to Korea, if it wasn’t for that I wouldn’t have been able to meet you all”

Mark smiled at the comment and it was silent again.

“Hey Mark?”

“Yeah?”

“Can you teach me some Martial arts tricking?”

“Why?”

“Well it was one of the things I regretted not doing. When I was younger my brother was too protective and wouldn’t let me do anything that could possible get me injured”

“Wow, it must have been quite a show when you left for the US”

“He cried a waterfall” Eunji laughed at the memory “and besides a good teacher learns as from their students as much as they learn from them, or something like that”

Mark chuckled and stood up, “Well we still have some time left in this period so why don’t we start now?”

Eunji looked up at him in surprise.

“Stand up and take off your shoes, let’s start with something basic! Like a hand spring!”

Eunji stood up “W-wait! That’s basic?! Why don’t we warm up with something like stretching or cartwheels first?”

“You see Seongsaengnim, I happen to be a big fan of learning from mistakes!”

“You are so going to get it Mark Tuan!”

-

To Mark’s surprise Eunji was actually learning quite quickly. She had managed to get the form correctly, the only issue was getting Eunji over her fear of falling. Mark was currently a couple of steps in front of eunji trying to convince her to perform the Handspring without his help.

“Come on Saeng, nothing bad’s going to happen! You managed to do it once!”

“Yeah, but that’s because you helped me through the first time!”

“Okay! I swear on all of Jackson fencing trophies that nothing bad is going to happen!”

“o-okay! I trust you” and with that Eunji did a running start.

Eunji would have succeeded if it weren’t for Mark and the limited amount of space in the room. As it turns out, Mark, who was standing a little too close in front of Eunji got in the way of her landing. Eunji landed about a cm away from Mark, but he messed up her momentum causing her to fall forward. Luckily, Mark caught her in his arms and took a step back for support.

Now if anyone had walked into the room in their current position, they would have definitely thought something was going on and if anyone form the staff walked it, Eunji would have definitely been sent back to the US for having an affair with a student. Currently, Eunji was leaning up against Mark with his arms around her with their faces centimeters apart. Mark’s face immediately turned red.

“A-are you alright?” Mark asked breaking the silence.

“uhh, I’m fine!” Eunji replied “uhh Mark?”

“Yeah?”

“I think you can let go of me now….”

“Oh s-sorry!” He said immediately releasing his grip.

Suddenly Eunji’s phone went off and she went to go check. Mark turned away in order to hide his red face.

“Listen Mark, I got to go now!” She said placing her shoes on, “You’ve got little more time till the next period! I suggest you go get cleaned up! You smell like B.O.!”

Eunji ran out of the class and Mark used his hands as a sad attempt to hide his blushing face.

'that was an opportunity that I will forever regret not taking,' He thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry about the late update! i was kind of in a rut as to how to continue on, so i took a mini break from writing this chapter. As i was on that break i managed to get as far as writing the plot of for the rest of the story down! As i said before i am going to being going away for some time so it may be hard to update as i busted my laptop and i have to start packing. Anyways i hope you enjoyed this chapter! There is quite a bit comimg up in this story so i hope you look forward to that!

And i just wanted to ask this, but i am in the middle of planning out a new story and i just wanted to ask you guys on who i should pair Eunji with on that story!

Anyways, thank you all on your subscriptions, comments and upvotes! i really enjoy reading your comments!

oh and i know this is kind of late but did anyone see Block B's new music video? I personally really liked the song!

Till next update!!